Increasing My FoH Pledge

David McCaig

2 hours ago, Five to One said:

Does anyone know if you have to cancel your old direct debit when you increase your pledge? 

ie I’ve increased mine from £20 to £25 pcm on the FoH website but it doesn’t say what happens to the old DD? Will a payment of 20 and 25 come out my account next month or just the 25 payment? Cheers 

Yes it does cancel the old direct debit amount. If you login to the foundation website it will show you your monthly pledge amount which is all your committed to

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another option I’ve thought of is to leave some money to FoH in your will. Obviously family comes first but, depending how big your estate is, you could leave a few hundred pounds or so as a final gesture of support. 

Maybe a wee bit morbid but certainly something I plan to do next time I review mine. I believe it was a rather significant legacy from a supporter that enabled the memorial garden to be created. 

4 hours ago, Five to One said:

Does anyone know if you have to cancel your old direct debit when you increase your pledge? 

ie I’ve increased mine from £20 to £25 pcm on the FoH website but it doesn’t say what happens to the old DD? Will a payment of 20 and 25 come out my account next month or just the 25 payment? Cheers 

I was paying £30pm and when we had the pay an extra pound campaign I increased it to £40pm...or at least I thought I did, I’ve now got a £30pm payment and a £40pm payment coming out each month. I just can’t bring myself go on and cancel the first one so I haven’t and I won’t! 

21 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Great to read we have ploughed 6.5 million to FOH over the few years long may it continue.

Incredible amount of money. If this stays steady for the next 10 years or so amazing to think what impact it will have on the club. Already we have saved the club from the abyss and funded the redevelopment of Tynecastle. Only a small afforadable amount for us but significant benefit to the club.

If you click on paypal option 20 quid per month it automatically takes you to paypal saying 30 quid per month.. 

I sent an email but received no reply.

6 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

If you click on paypal option 20 quid per month it automatically takes you to paypal saying 30 quid per month.. 

I sent an email but received no reply.

I e-mailed them about this probably a good 18 months ago and was told it would be fixed. :muggy:

The solution is to do two separate PayPals for £10 each because thankfully clicking £10 takes you to a £10 payment page.

Thats me just joined the club and signed up to pledge. Seen the FOH stands at Tynie today and thought it was well overdue. Another few quid for the cause.

Yes I did the same today at halftime when I heard Scott mention the  Foundation Pledge tables would be available all around the stands. 

8 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Great to read we have ploughed 6.5 million to FOH over the few years long may it continue.

Truly is incredible. 

I’m genuinely going to up mine, Craig and Co have proved enough that they’re building something correctly.  The Cathro appointment was a gamble that didn’t pay off, luckily the Robbie one did.  We’re definitely more settled and better balanced.

Well done team! A cup win would seal the season.

37 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Thats me just joined the club and signed up to pledge. Seen the FOH stands at Tynie today and thought it was well overdue. Another few quid for the cause.

Superb. Nice one lads. 

25 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Yes I did the same today at halftime when I heard Scott mention the  Foundation Pledge tables would be available all around the stands. 

38 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Just increased mine by a fiver a month, also changed the date to a more suitable one just after I get paid. Before I spend most of it.

I never notice when my £1,000 donation leaves my account every month.

Aye right it's a grand.

But I have just upped it by a poond!

We're on to something here.

Psychedelicropcircle

Wonder if the FOH will announce if todays effort was successful? Never saw any pledge stations, were that busy ?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Wonder if the FOH will announce if todays effort was successful? Never saw any pledge stations, were that busy ?

Seen one under the Wheatfield when I was coming back from my HT fag, seemed to have a few folks around it

15 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I e-mailed them about this probably a good 18 months ago and was told it would be fixed. :muggy:

The solution is to do two separate PayPals for £10 each because thankfully clicking £10 takes you to a £10 payment page.

Ah ok thanks.. I'll need to wait a couple of weeks then as I'd like them both to come out on the same date.

22 hours ago, PapaG said:

Yes it does cancel the old direct debit amount. If you login to the foundation website it will show you your monthly pledge amount which is all your committed to

Cheers ?

Was £20 from the start. Increased by a pound when that was being promoted. Pushed it up to £30 after reading this thread.

Thoughts on FoH cash being used in some part re a Hearts Colts? Personally think it would be worthwhile exploring down the line.....

I've increased my pledge also, on the back of this weekend.

It got me sort of thinking about what a great achievement this is and hopefully avoids us falling into the hands of some dodgy foreign businessman, a Mike Ashley or a Craig white. 

On 27/01/2018 at 09:34, davemclaren said:

Another option I’ve thought of is to leave some money to FoH in your will. Obviously family comes first but, depending how big your estate is, you could leave a few hundred pounds or so as a final gesture of support. 

Maybe a wee bit morbid but certainly something I plan to do next time I review mine. I believe it was a rather significant legacy from a supporter that enabled the memorial garden to be created. 

This is something I’ve done. Just a small amount but your right it’s maybe something pledgers possibly don’t think about. Just make sure your nearest and dearest are aware of your wishes

On 27/01/2018 at 20:32, Psychedelicropcircle said:

One in the new stand near the food stalls and there was a few signing up / amending.

should be a permanent fixture I think/hope. 

• Maple Leaf pinned this topic

Serious question.  Other than the shambolic HSL which is collapsing round the ears of our neighbours, is there any other model like ours in Scotland?

Jambo, Goodbye

Been nagging myself for ages about upping my pledge a wee bit. This thread was the boot up my erse I needed and I've now increased my payment by 50%. 

I'm a happy Jambo in work today! 

how-i-walk-5a715e.jpg.f62c9e3d38efee58b9ef9587dbe36e1e.jpg

On 29/01/2018 at 01:20, 1971fozzy said:

Ive updated mine today to pay more but do I have to cancel my old d/Debit at the bank ? I can’t pay both 

Yes. I cancelled mine online. I increased on Saturday.

On 31/01/2018 at 19:14, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Been nagging myself for ages about upping my pledge a wee bit. This thread was the boot up my erse I needed and I've now increased my payment by 50%. 

I'm a happy Jambo in work today! 

how-i-walk-5a715e.jpg.f62c9e3d38efee58b9ef9587dbe36e1e.jpg

I am very much a cat person.  That is the best picture of a cat I have ever seen.  It is so descrpitive of how we all feel when we demolish Celtic 4-0 and a 16 year old takes the complete, total and utter pish out of Scott Brown.  

It's true that Broonie has now landed that young man in hospital but the one walking like the cat is still him, not Brown.

They did an “add a quid” promo a few months back which I thought was a great idea.

Never got round to it at the time but have done so now. 

I’d like it to be more but I'm saving for a deposit on a house.

Well done for starting this thread.  It keeps the importance of the FoH in everyone's minds, and it prompted the JKB admin team to act.

JKB has just increased our monthly pledge from £200 per month to £225 per month.

Thank you to all our Paid Members for making this possible.  :bravo:

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well done for starting this thread.  It keeps the importance of the FoH in everyone's minds, and it prompted the JKB admin team to act.

JKB has just increased our monthly pledge from £200 per month to £225 per month.

Thank you to all our Paid Members for making this possible.  :bravo:

I would unpin this thread ML, if most folks are like me they'll just scroll past the pinned threads.

Better to have it on the main page and give it a wee "bump" if it drops onto page 2

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic

It would would be great to find out the monetary value of the 190-200 new pledgers / increasers.

Can someone ask the question?

Ive a substantial direct debit ending next month. Increasing mine and adding the kids!

Welcome to all the new pledgers. 

Getting on on the property ladder this year, so all spare funds are currently going to that. Pledge will be upped once that's out the way. 

• davemclaren pinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic

Archived