Terry Butcher

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

Ok, so the search goes on. One minute the press are saying Mr X has been offered the job...next minute Mr Y is now favourite...etc etc

I was just thinking, if Butcher was willing to be brought in with Thor and that move seems to have broken down, why not go for Butcher on his own?

Or even see if JJ would work with Butcher?

Just a thought!

Maybe we should ask the Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney or Brentford fans if they think TB is a good manager.

Then stand well back.

The Future's Maroon

It was only a suggestion?

But thanks for the feedback, maybe I shouldnt bother posting at all?

would love tb at tynecastle and have been saying the same thing since burley left!!! and given the 3 most rescent choices for the post i would have perferred thor if only cuz terry would have been his assistant!!! butcher would be class i think. but we will end up wae some guy who would be worth about 3000points in a game of scabble!!

Nelly Terraces

Mare chance of getting Telly Savalas than Tell the Butcher.

Who loves ya baby....:)

039_13679~Telly-Savalas-Posters.jpg

Sheriff Fatman
Kojak. Awesome. He would sort Vlad oot.
But Kojak is Greek, and Greece is further east (mostly) than Slovakia, so he would obviously be even more of a puppet than Weiss, given the idea that somehow the further east you come from the more of a Vlad puppet you would be.

He ticks all the boxes for me, i think its a great call.:107years:

Nelly Terraces
But Kojak is Greek, and Greece is further east (mostly) than Slovakia, so he would obviously be even more of a puppet than Weiss, given the idea that somehow the further east you come from the more of a Vlad puppet you would be.

Where does Tranent fit in to that hypothesese?:rolleyes:

Sheriff Fatman
He ticks all the boxes for me, i think its a great call.:107years:
What boxes are those. Getting sacked by teams at the arse end of the English First division and getting 5 wins in 23 games at Brentford.

Sheriff Fatman
Where does Tranent fit in to that hypothesese?:rolleyes:
Tranent is in a world of it's own.

Mare chance of getting Telly Savalas than Tell the Butcher.

Who loves ya baby....:)

039_13679~Telly-Savalas-Posters.jpg

Brilliant!

You own post highlights perfectly what you're criticising.

If's, but's, maybe's....

out of all your comments i've read very very few are positive.

I think that butcher would make an excellent manager and have heard that he is tipped to BE the next manager, still never mind better to be negative and bitchy right?

What boxes are those. Getting sacked by teams at the arse end of the English First division and getting 5 wins in 23 games at Brentford.

how good was McGees record pre Murderwell, or Leveins record down south, or JJ record down south, or Strachens record down south, yet they come back to SPL and do well.:dribble:

I happen to think you have a very pertinent point. I would be very tempted to go for Butcher on his own and see if a GM can be found to oversee. I think he did a magic job at Motherwell under similar circumstances to McGhee and he is certainly a man motivator.

(It should be remembered that McGhee has a pretty patchy cv too)

I have posted this before but here goes again. I have heard from very reliable sources(plural) that he is clueless and his record supports this. He clearly realises this and is happy to be doing a comfy job with the scottish team. In otherwords why would he give it up to take such a precarious position at hearts

I have posted this before but here goes again. I have heard from very reliable sources(plural) that he is clueless and his record supports this. He clearly realises this and is happy to be doing a comfy job with the scottish team. In otherwords why would he give it up to take such a precarious position at hearts

350k a year.:rolleyes:

The Future's Maroon

Glad to see not everyone shot me down in flames!!

Fair enough his record isnt great, but as Jambosrbarry says...

how good was McGees record pre Murderwell, or Leveins record down south, or JJ record down south, or Strachens record down south, yet they come back to SPL and do well.

350k a year.:rolleyes:

We should really be advertising the wages as a monthly wage as opposed to annually.

Who will ever see the full ?350k?

Does any one actually know that Butcher had agreed to come in as assistant??

I was on holiday but I've still failed to find any evidence of this.

It was Thor that said he would bring him in with him....nothing from butcher himself.

Darren Jackson has made comments about Butcher too....fast forward to about 4:20 into the interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7454828.stm

Aye, listened to that all ready but nothing but speculation.

I do think that terry upset the blazers by being rangers sided during the fixture pile up.

We should really be advertising the wages as a monthly wage as opposed to annually.

Who will ever see the full ?350k?

Fair comment, has any off the previous lot actually lasted 12 months ? this would certainly make anyone offered the GIG Food for thought.:confused:

Glad to see not everyone shot me down in flames!!

Fair enough his record isnt great, but as Jambosrbarry says...

You can add, Eck, and Walter Smith, to the list of failures down south as well.;)

My main problem with Butcher is that he seems to just chuck the toys out the pram and try to get teams to perform through fear. He doesnt strike me as very tactical or intelligent at all. I may be wrong but I find the way he portrays himself embarrassing. He could possibly make a good number 2 to a more tactical main man?

Seymour M Hersh
You can add, Eck, and Walter Smith, to the list of failures down south as well.;)

I know! How Smith failed to get the blue Tom Kite from goodison relegated beats me.

Archived