Sell Out St Johnstone cup tie ( edited )

8skacel8

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I did the ticketfast for my own seat and it has the date of the 10th Feb but says Ladbrokes Premiership!  No mention of Scottish Cup/William Hill.

I couldn't have made a mistake and bought my own seat for Saturday as I have the season ticket!  I guess someone has cocked it up but the bar code will still work?

Noticed a few folk had that for the last round as well. Don’t know why that happens. Mine when it came for the Hibs game said William Hill Scottish Cup on it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shanks said no

Tickets bought for same seats as Hibs game, just to irritate the bloke who came up to me and said I was in his seat.

1 hour ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

Just phoned Tynie and got our seats for the Cup tie.

They're not paper tickets, they've be added to our season ticket smart cards.

?

I did the same but they said they would post them out to me. Strange?

Got mine , different seat in the same area so all good . I was row 37 at the Hibs game and it was murder on the old knees getting up there ☹️. 

Upgraded from lower Gorgie to Section R in the new stand. Looking forward to my first peek inside 

millerjames398

Just phoned and got two for me and the laddie, his first since the lge cup final v St midden, section F again same as the hibs game, hope it's a good atmosphere for him, he might just catch the bug ?

On 22/01/2018 at 09:59, letsalldothebeattie said:

Can’t see it personally regardless of which option we face. You’ll get the I’m not going because it’s a wee team if it’s Albion and then you’ll get the possible it’s too much for a game against St Johnstone. Plus we play the Perth saints the week before in Gorgie in the league

It's a sad situation when our new capacity can't be filled for a cup game against St Johnstone. Just wait till we get to the cup final they'll be coming out the woodwork demanding final tickets.

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It's a sad situation when our new capacity can't be filled for a cup game against St Johnstone. Just wait till we get to the cup final they'll be coming out the woodwork demanding final tickets.

Our old capacity  would have been just over half full, so there’s no chance of filling it

12 minutes ago, Jordanhmfc90 said:

Are there any loyalty points for this one?

Not sure but I'd make it decent points to try help boost number's.we reward fans for traveling away and rightly so.

But we need the backing at home to try get through to next round so why not reward us with extra points to try sell it out

Bought mine and my mate's seats earlier.  Our own seats secured without the £100 things, and ensured that ours' are the only buttocks to have warmed these particular seats in section Q.

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Our old capacity  would have been just over half full, so there’s no chance of filling it

We have a fan base well capable of selling out this match.

If we want to get to a final then we need to do our bit and get bums on seats.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We have a fan base well capable of selling out this match.

If we want to get to a final then we need to do our bit and get bums on seats.

I’d love to see us selling it out. I don’t see how we do that though?

54 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No they won't.

If we got to a final, everyone who has a ST or goes regularly, will get one.

Anyone who doesn't won't demand...plead, yes, but not demand.

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I’d love to see us selling it out. I don’t see how we do that though?

I know what you mean as you cant force people to go.

If you were a player and you walked out to 10,000 a week on Saturday, you would think the fans are not interested in this competition. Also gives the opposition a massive lift before a balls kicked.

Walk out to a near full/full house and the boost to the players would be huge.

scott herbertson
Just now, 8skacel8 said:

I know what you mean as you cant force people to go.

If you were a player and you walked out to 10,000 a week on Saturday, you would think the fans are not interested in this competition. Also gives the opposition a massive lift before a balls kicked.

Walk out to a near full/full house and the boost to the players would be huge.

I think our our problem is how to market games like this.

having won the cup a few times, having put a lot more money into our club than any other fans, matches like this are ones that fans feel they can miss, not ones they feel they have to go to.

Extra loyalty points would be good 

Maybe some sort of additional priority scheme for cup games if you attend the early rounds.

more than this though, we need imaginative marketing of the type that ‘Fireworks Phil’ did early in the Romanov years.

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think our our problem is how to market games like this.

having won the cup a few times, having put a lot more money into our club than any other fans, matches like this are ones that fans feel they can miss, not ones they feel they have to go to.

Extra loyalty points would be good 

Maybe some sort of additional priority scheme for cup games if you attend the early rounds.

more than this though, we need imaginative marketing of the type that ‘Fireworks Phil’ did early in the Romanov years.

For the league match this Saturday we will likely see a crowd of 16500-17000. Obviously that is mainly to do with season tickets but the league game is not as important as the cup game (in my opinion.) The best we can realistically finish is 4th this season but a win in the cup would see us 1 more win away from a potential return to Hampden for a semi final.

I agree with you on the LPs as 1 point for this game isn't enough. Its also difficult to drop prices as Saints have a big say in this and I'd imagine they wouldn't play ball.

In the previous round we sold out the stadium with the help of 3,500 away fans. The aim of that match was to progress in this competition which we have done. So the next round should be no different.

Fans need to remember the feeling of winning the cup and if we want that again then we need to make the home advantage count a week on Saturday.

One thing I like about cup ties is it gives me the chance to sit in a different area to my normal ST seat.

A change now and again is good plus if it upsets some of the " that's ma  seat " crowd even better:qqb006:

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Always the case that. Semi & Final everyone whose not been on the run and short of LPs scrambling for tickets just like when we got to ER 

...a bit disco

Logged on at 9, logged off at 9:02.

Easy peasy, apart from the dot counting to find 'ma seat'.

:lol:

5 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Tickets bought for same seats as Hibs game, just to irritate the bloke who came up to me and said I was in his seat.

:D

scott herbertson
Just now, Dunks said:

Hospitality sold out :o

Brilliant

shows what can be done with a good deal

As an aside, I bought 5 tickets on the shop earlier as I was in the area. 2 in usual ST seats, the other 3 weren't. Was only given 3 tickets and told the 2 "ST" ones were added to our cards. Be interesting to see if that's deliberate this time and not a mistake!

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

What was the deal

Substantial reduction on the costs 

There was a news item o. The main site about it and a club e mail too

King Of The Cat Cafe

I can see where people are confused in the added to card/tickets posted out debate.

My confirmation email states: "Any items that are sent via post would be delivered to the following address unless you have chosen another method of delivery:"

And further down: 

Total face value £25.00
Add Access to Card £0.00
Admin Fee 1-3 £1.50
Total Amount Paid £26.50

Prior to the Hibs game the ticket office made a clear statement - in light of  a lot of debate here and on Twitter - that it was printed ticket access only.

Let's here from you again, TO...

PS:  I would have thought it would save a lot in postage and other faffing around to add admission to the ST cards - as has happened before.

SectionDJambo

I would be very sceptical of smartcard entry. Some were told this last time and then told it was not the case.

I went to the ticket office this morning, got the usual seats and paper tickets.

The loyalty points being 1 for this game is a mystery to me. Hearts should be trying to encourage people to buy these tickets, for a game that we probably won’t sell out. I believe they should have given 10 points for this one, to reward fans for paying up, by giving them a better chance of getting tickets for any later round, or if we manage to go all the way to the final.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Admin fee gets right up my sphincter. 

But on a positive same seat as the Hibs game 

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Substantial reduction on the costs 

There was a news item o. The main site about it and a club e mail too

Cheers i hadn't looked I was more wondering what the prices were

I went into the ticket office this morning, handed over my season ticket and £25 cash and the laddie told me it was added to my card. No paper ticket.

Psychedelicropcircle

Twa bought today my ST seats 

but thir ma seats ken ?

scott herbertson
34 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Cheers i hadn't looked I was more wondering what the prices were

The item seems to have gone off the official site but IIRC it was £75, £60 and £50 as opposed to £110,?,?

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The item seems to have gone off the official site but IIRC it was £75, £60 and £50 as opposed to £110,?,?

:thumbsup:

Inclusive of VAT too :)

My usual seat was away. There in for a surprise. When ball comes over everyone in front stands never seen a goal going in for years... Ive moved stand...

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We've never filled the stadium in a cup match for decades apart from the OF and Hibs. But you already know that. This is not something new.

4 hours ago, Jordanhmfc90 said:

Are there any loyalty points for this one?

Must be because  ticket office were asking for ref numbers 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Yes it usually annoys me as well but i bought ten this morning and there was  no admin fee charged. No postage either despite them saying they  would put the tickets in the post this evening. 

3 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

For the league match this Saturday we will likely see a crowd of 16500-17000. Obviously that is mainly to do with season tickets but the league game is not as important as the cup game (in my opinion.) The best we can realistically finish is 4th this season but a win in the cup would see us 1 more win away from a potential return to Hampden for a semi final.

I agree with you on the LPs as 1 point for this game isn't enough. Its also difficult to drop prices as Saints have a big say in this and I'd imagine they wouldn't play ball.

In the previous round we sold out the stadium with the help of 3,500 away fans. The aim of that match was to progress in this competition which we have done. So the next round should be no different.

Fans need to remember the feeling of winning the cup and if we want that again then we need to make the home advantage count a week on Saturday.

We only sold just under 15,000 tickets for the Hibs cup tie. We won’t sell as many for this one, probably in the 12,000 range. Add in 7-800 farmers max and attendance will be lucky to get above 13,000. That’s my take on it anyway. 

Need to remember that 50% of every £25 paid by a Hearts fan for a ticket goes to Saints. From a £20 ticket Hearts will get approx. £6-7 after match expenses are covered. Not worth spending a lot of money marketing tickets for such a poor return. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I thought you couldn't be charged that anymore.

been here before

Couple of seats in a slightly different place from my season tick.

My normal seat is still available but I look forward to cup games just to irritate the 'thur ma seats' mob.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

We only sold just under 15,000 tickets for the Hibs cup tie. We won’t sell as many for this one, probably in the 12,000 range. Add in 7-800 farmers max and attendance will be lucky to get above 13,000. That’s my take on it anyway. 

Need to remember that 50% of every £25 paid by a Hearts fan for a ticket goes to Saints. From a £20 ticket Hearts will get approx. £6-7 after match expenses are covered. Not worth spending a lot of money marketing tickets for such a poor return. 

Roseburn only take 3,360 odd.

We sold 15,400.

Think we will get nearly 14,000 for this one.

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

We've never filled the stadium in a cup match for decades apart from the OF and Hibs. But you already know that. This is not something new.

Are you happy to fly the white flag and accept we'll never fill Tynie against non OF & Hibs teams.

Archived