Sell Out St Johnstone cup tie ( edited )

8skacel8

St. Johnstone will be playing 3 games in 5 days due to tonight's postponement so hopefully that goes in our favour and Albion can sneak a win.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

St. Johnstone will be playing 3 games in 5 days due to tonight's postponement so hopefully that goes in our favour and Albion can sneak a win.

4 games in a week now.

Just now, Hendricks said:

How so?

Saturday 27th January - Partick

Monday 29th January - Albion Rovers

Wednesday 31st January - Hamilton

Saturday 3rd February - Hearts

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Saturday 27th January - Partick

Monday 29th January - Albion Rovers

Wednesday 31st January - Hamilton

Saturday 3rd February - Hearts

They have already postponed the Hamilton game. They would however play the replay that night if required. 

On 22/01/2018 at 10:21, ToadKiller Dog said:

St johnstone or Albion won't go for cheap tickets, I expect spfl prices. 

Exactly what I see coming tbh. They know they'll take their usual or even slightly bigger away crowd regardless of price, and will want prices as high as possible from us. Both teams (Rovers/St J) would rather play in front of 6k Hearts fans paying £24 than 12k Hearts fans paying £12

letsalldothebeattie

Just seen it’s been postponed they will hope they don’t have to go to a replay and play as many as 4 games next week. Really want Rovers to win this game hate when we play St Johnstone 

My big worry is the ‘I want my own seat angst’ erupting again. 

Booked two seats in the Main stand for the Hibs game  ( normally in the Wheatfield ) and when we arrived there was a guy sitting in one of our seats. I politely said ‘I think this is my seat’ and he explained it was his normal ST seat and moved along a couple to the one he had the match ticket for. Felt a bit sorry for him. I assume he was hoping that I wouldn’t show up and he would get his ususl seat. ?

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Booked two seats in the Main stand for the Hibs game  ( normally in the Wheatfield ) and when we arrived there was a guy sitting in one of our seats. I politely said ‘I think this is my seat’ and he explained it was his normal ST seat and moved along a couple to the one he had the match ticket for. Felt a bit sorry for him. I assume he was hoping that I wouldn’t show up and he would get his ususl seat. ?

That's absolutely sad as hell.  Imagine being unable to sit just a few along from "MAAAAA SEEETZ" and having to sit in a seat that you know fine well has already been sold to someone else.

I'd have been giving it the :verysmug:  whilst making him shift.

On 22/01/2018 at 10:26, heartsfc_fan said:

If it's priced correctly, we'll get 15-16k

I think 16k is achievable if theres a couple of quid off but more importantly, how we are playing as a team by the time it comes round. 

Playing well and winning = 16k+

Back to the IC days of playing <12k

personally I think we will ram every team between now and then and we will sell neary 18k. Just because. 

15 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That's absolutely sad as hell.  Imagine being unable to sit just a few along from "MAAAAA SEEETZ" and having to sit in a seat that you know fine well has already been sold to someone else.

I'd have been giving it the :verysmug:  whilst making him shift.

People get very posessive. My daughter thought the seats in the new stand were more comfy than our Wheatfield ones. Perhaps more cushioning. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I and a good few others were sitting in their own seats on Sunday. I presume it is those that had to be reallocated from the Roseburn that resulted in a sort of free for all.Might try the main stand for the next round or alternatively if everyone can buy their own seat I will sit in the Wheatfield as per usual.The  St Johnston allocation (assuming they go through) should allow all season tickets  their seats before going on sale to the General public.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People get very posessive. My daughter thought the seats in the new stand were more comfy than our Wheatfield ones. Perhaps more cushioning. 

I think they're a better shape actually.  They seem to have better back support :)

Should be a standing stadium anyway :( 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I think they're a better shape actually.  They seem to have better back support :)

Not at my age. I served my time standing at matches  ?

On 22/01/2018 at 10:24, Nelly Terraces said:

Depends on the pricing & KO date/time.

It's probably in St Js interest to have a half full ground which reduces our home advantage, but with prices high they'd still coin in a few quid.

Hope I'm wrong but sadly I can't see them looking at the bigger picture of sensible prices and a good attendance & atmos. It's the Scottish football way - self interest comes 1st. 

This to me is just all wrong. Surely having the home advantage should allow us to price how we want. Hearts as a club are obviously going to want to make plenty of cash as well. Wether we do that through cheap prices and more fans, or dear prices, less fans, then that should be our decision. The away side must always win and get the deal they want (dear prices, less fans and little atmosphere). How does this help the Scottish game and encourage more people to games?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, deko 94 said:

This to me is just all wrong. Surely having the home advantage should allow us to price how we want. Hearts as a club are obviously going to want to make plenty of cash as well. Wether we do that through cheap prices and more fans, or dear prices, less fans, then that should be our decision. The away side must always win and get the deal they want (dear prices, less fans and little atmosphere). How does this help the Scottish game and encourage more people to games?

It gives the smaller clubs a chance to get more money.

use to work well for us in the old days when Rangers and Celtic got 50000 crowds against us for Home cup games

On 22/01/2018 at 09:55, communist said:

Very unlikely to sell out but I support your enthusiasm. Pricing might make a small difference to a few.

Even though it was Hibs, I think the  pricing was wrong for the last round.  

If if we get it right this time, I see no reason why we cannot sell out Home tickets.  

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

It gives the smaller clubs a chance to get more money.

use to work well for us in the old days when Rangers and Celtic got 50000 crowds against us for Home cup games

I understand that. But if they weren't given the choice of pricing at least they will still receive a 50/50 split. Im sure that would still be a healthy sum and not much different to a lower (unhappier) crowd.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, deko 94 said:

I understand that. But if they weren't given the choice of pricing at least they will still receive a 50/50 split. Im sure that would still be a healthy sum and not much different to a lower (unhappier) crowd.

Id much rather have the bigger crowd 

the smaller teams would much rather have the extra money, however little

22 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Id much rather have the bigger crowd 

the smaller teams would much rather have the extra money, however little

Absolutely, the last thing the visiting team wants is a full stadium when they can get as much money with a smaller crowd. 

Nelly Terraces
7 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Exactly what I see coming tbh. They know they'll take their usual or even slightly bigger away crowd regardless of price, and will want prices as high as possible from us. Both teams (Rovers/St J) would rather play in front of 6k Hearts fans paying £24 than 12k Hearts fans paying £12

4 hours ago, deko 94 said:

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

£15 & £5 It should be.

Agree with all 3 of these posts. Pisses me off we unilaterally won't be able to set sensible pricing for hard pressed supporters of BOTH teams & will probably see JJs prediction come true rather than Gambos (which in an ideal world would be the much fairer & sensible approach). 

If it's St Johnstone we play I expect their chairman/owner to dig his heels in for the maximum price. He has previous for this.

Folk talking about sell outs for a SC tie nowadays is fantasy.  People don't like paying over and above their STs it makes a huge difference to the attendance as will be shown when comparing the attendances between the cup and league games on successive weeks.

We will be doing well to break 10000 for the cup game possibly 12000 if prices are reduced.

This is not a criticism of Hearts fans all clubs suffer this problem with cup games. 

If it's St Johnstone we play I expect their chairman/owner to dig his heels in for the maximum price. He has previous for this.

Folk talking about sell outs for a SC tie nowadays is fantasy.  People don't like paying over and above their STs it makes a huge difference to the attendance as will be shown when comparing the attendances between the cup and league games on successive weeks.

We will be doing well to break 10000 for the cup game possibly 12000 if prices are reduced.

This is not a criticism of Hearts fans all clubs suffer this problem with cup games. 

This game could sell out (St Johnstone) it’ll Be, if we are a wee bit more clever with pricing. 20k at £12 & £6 would still be a very good income providing StJohnstone agree.... and imo at that pricing it would sell out  Or very close. 

My half sister

If you have a season ticket then you are used to going to home games so you will be happy to pay whatever they charge to go to this game.everyone did on Sunday and that was live on telly.

I would offer kids a ticket for £1 If they are a season ticket holder or attend with  an adult season ticket holder.

On 22/01/2018 at 10:02, JamboGraham said:

Last time round (2011) St Johnstone insisted on full league prices and the tie was played in front a closed Wheatfield to just over 6,000 supporters....and we lost!

I hope it wasn’t closed, I was sitting in the fecker!  2012 we drew and then beat them in the replay when Hamill went a bit Ketsbia (sp) after his penalty and Zal scored late late on.

Absolute max crowd for this game will be 12k. Saints will ask for top dollar , they always do.

what was our crowd for Aberdeen game?

They sold out but I’m sure crowd was about 14k total, so we’ll not get more than that.

23 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

If they do this, sell up from the bottom of the stands, so even if Alf full it's like a mini stadium from the pitch.

Rather than fans all spaced out.

Cost more to police, but **** them the profit is halved anyway.

I'll be sitting in my regular seat in row 22.

19 hours ago, tian447 said:

No it bloody shouldn't!!!

There should be a safe standing area introduced though if at all possible. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Since we are one week further away from knowing, I suspect the TV companies will choose another tie. Therefore Saturday at 3pm and I would predict that both clubs will agree to take the price down by a fiver to a tenner a pop. Should be a decent crowd of around 14k if St Johnstone. Albion Rovers will draw significantly less

Always bugs me, this agreeing prices. Aye, i'm well aware of the rules but let's take another look at this from another viewpoint.

We were drawn at home, that's favourable to us. They are entitled to 20% of the tickets. Again, fair enough.

Should they be able to dig their heels in re. prices ? No, in my opinion.

Let them dictate the prices for the 20% they are getting and us, the other 80%.

This could all be blown out the water if we also decide not to reduce prices below Cat B.

In that scenario...up everyone !

Hearts Heritage

Home Scottish Cup ties since 1998. Crowds below 10,000 in bold.

1998-01-24 Sat Hearts 2-0 Clydebank 15:00 Scottish Cup R3 12699 
1998-02-14 Sat Hearts 3-0 Albion Rovers 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 12634 
1998-03-07 Sat Hearts 4-1 Ayr United 15:00 Scottish Cup QF 15761 
2000-01-29 Sat Hearts 3-2 Stenhousemuir 15:00 Scottish Cup R3 11752 
2001-02-07 Wed Hearts 2-1 Berwick Rangers 19:45 Scottish Cup R3R 7502 
2001-02-17 Sat Hearts 1-1 Dundee 14:30 Scottish Cup R4 9970 
2002-01-05 Sat Hearts 2-1 Ross County 15:00 Scottish Cup R3 9908 

2002-01-26 Sat Hearts 1-3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 12016 
2004-01-10 Sat Hearts 2-0 Berwick Rangers 15:00 Scottish Cup R3 8516 
2004-02-07 Sat Hearts 0-3 Celtic 12:15 Scottish Cup R4 15372 SKY
2005-01-19 Wed Hearts 2-1 Partick Thistle 19:45 Scottish Cup R3R 7340 
2005-02-05 Sat Hearts 2-2 Kilmarnock 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 10308 
2005-02-27 Sun Hearts 2-1 Livingston 15:00 Scottish Cup QF 9796 
2006-01-07 Sat Hearts 2-1 Kilmarnock 15:00 Scottish Cup R3 13704 
2006-02-04 Sat Hearts 3-0 Aberdeen 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 17456 
2006-02-25 Sat Hearts 2-1 Partick Thistle 12:15 Scottish Cup QF 16698 SKY
2008-01-12 Sat Hearts 2-2 Motherwell 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 13651 
2009-02-07 Sat Hearts 0-1 Falkirk 15:00 Scottish Cup R5 15547 
2011-01-11 Tue Hearts 0-1 St Johnstone 19:30 Scottish Cup R4 7038 
2012-01-07 Sat Hearts 1-0 Auchinleck Talbot 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 10107 
2012-02-05 Sun Hearts 1-1 St Johnstone 14:15 Scottish Cup R5 9185 SKY
2012-03-10 Sat Hearts 2-2 St Mirren 12:30 Scottish Cup QF 8859 BBC

2013-12-01 Sun Hearts 0-7 Celtic 15:00 Scottish Cup R4 10636 BBC
2014-11-30 Sun Hearts 0-4 Celtic 15:15 Scottish Cup R4 12676 SKY
2016-01-09 Sat Hearts 1-0 Aberdeen 17:30 Scottish Cup R4 13595 BBC
2016-02-07 Sun Hearts 2-2 Hibernian 12:30 Scottish Cup R5 16845 SKY
2017-01-25 Wed Hearts 4-2 Raith Rovers 19:45 Scottish Cup R4R 10740 
2017-02-12 Sun Hearts 0-0 Hibernian 12:30 Scottish Cup R5 16971 SKY
2018-01-21 Sun Hearts 1-0 Hibernian 14:05 Scottish Cup R4 18709 SKY

IF it's on TV you're looking at around 10,000.

...a bit disco
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

My usual neighbour and his son had to shuffle along 2 places as a couple of tourists had taken their ST seats.

A bit of polite conversation allowed me to move a couple seats along. Everyone happy, no drama.

Hearts will have to agree prices with both these teams as we will surely want tickets on sale before the replay

Thought Police

Confirmed Saturday 10th at 3pm, hopefully a good crowd.

Notice that Sky have selected the Ayr game. They’ll be raging if Fraserburgh somehow pull it off.

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Confirmed Saturday 10th at 3pm, hopefully a good crowd.

Notice that Sky have selected the Ayr game. They’ll be raging if Fraserburgh somehow pull it off.

And I pray it happens

The match that St Johnstone insisted on the full price being charged was the year before we won the Cup in 2012, we got beat 1-0 in front of an empty Wheatfield Stand. As others have said, that was Hearts way of getting our fans into the game for less, by closing the most expensive part of the ground. I was sure I had read that the St Johnstone Chairman at that time had left and I checked, he did leave later that year, so hopefully a more sensible price will be agreed this time.

11 minutes ago, Statto said:

The match that St Johnstone insisted on the full price being charged was the year before we won the Cup in 2012, we got beat 1-0 in front of an empty Wheatfield Stand. As others have said, that was Hearts way of getting our fans into the game for less, by closing the most expensive part of the ground. I was sure I had read that the St Johnstone Chairman at that time had left and I checked, he did leave later that year, so hopefully a more sensible price will be agreed this time.

I wouldn't count on it given it was his son that replaced him.

chester copperpot

Just had a text from my mate at Albion Rovers asking if Danny Baur is any good. I take it he has signed for Rovers on loan or summat. 

Edit - the guy is a youth team coach who only heard of this today.

Edit again - seen it on twitter there

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Just had a text from my mate at Albion Rovers asking if Danny Baur is any good. I take it he has signed for Rovers on loan or summat. 

Edit - the guy is a youth team coach who only heard of this today.

Breaking News: Albion Rovers are pleased to announce the signing of @JamTarts centre half @danielbaur5_ on loan until the end of the season. Welcome to the the club Daniel.

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Yes on loan until end of season after signing new contract along with a few others.

Check Hearts Website for full details...sorry unable to post link due to lack of ability!!

chester copperpot
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Breaking News: Albion Rovers are pleased to announce the signing of @JamTarts centre half @danielbaur5_ on loan until the end of the season. Welcome to the the club Daniel.

I just posted on their twitter but didn't want folk on here following me as it's a works twitter account so deleted it!

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

I just posted on their twitter but didn't want folk on here following me as it's a works twitter account so deleted it!

Scared in case the Goon Squad make things difficult for you?

Don't blame you mate!

:lol:

chester copperpot
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Scared in case the Goon Squad make things difficult for you?

Don't blame you mate!

:lol:

Haha. The detective work on here is incredible however, I know what it is like in my job how hard it is to protect one's anonimity.

I actually have my mate following me on twitter and he rips the piss out of most of the stuff I do ???

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Haha. The detective work on here is incredible however, I know what it is like in my job how hard it is to protect one's anonimity.

I actually have my mate following me on twitter and he rips the piss out of most of the stuff I do ???

was it you who posted their mobile number on here as you could not get in contact with the person who was giving you a lift to an away game. Then someone put your number on a men looking for same sex fun website

chester copperpot
Just now, milky_26 said:

was it you who posted their mobile number on here as you could not get in contact with the person who was giving you a lift to an away game. Then someone put your number on a men looking for same sex fun website

Errrrrrmm naw. 

P.s I'm bisexual now 

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Errrrrrmm naw. 

P.s I'm bisexual now 

it might have been the man who runs from gold bmw drivers. i remember someone posting the story and it was hilarious

Archived