Vlad drawing up a new fan dabby shortlist as we speak!

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Well according to the Record anyway! See the article below.

My question is who do we as Jambos think will be on this brand new shortlist?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/2008/06/20/vladimir-weiss-told-to-make-decision-over-hearts-job-86908-20614518/

VLADIMIR WEISS has been told to come clean on his future by Artmedia Bratislava.

The man Hearts want as manager will hold discussions with the Slovakian FA about becoming their next head coach before he decides his next move.

Weiss, 43, has already tested the patience of Jambos owner Vladimir Romanov, who insists he will not wait forever.

Hearts players return to training next week and Romanov is understood to have identified other targets.

Artmedia spokesman Charlie Singhosser said: "Vladimir Weiss will speak with the federation on Monday and then there will be a decision."

Weiss is favourite to replace outgoing Slovakia boss Jan Kocian.

Artmedia general manager Petr Kaspar said: "Everyone who knows football accepts Weiss is the best of all Slovakian coaches for the position of national coach.

"However, it still isn't decided where Weiss will work next year. Our season starts soon so we'd like to know his position as soon as possible, maybe by the start of next week. We would like to know if we have to look for a new coach."

When asked if Romanov's hopes of luring Weiss had gone, Kaspar refused to be drawn.

He said: "The decision on any new job, whether it be in Slovakia or abroad, rests only in the hands of Vladimir Weiss. No one from Artmedia Bratislava will answer these questions."

It won't take him long.

copy and paste from "Kaunas Managers past and present"

Dr. Bapswent
This "short list" must be some length.

Yep

1. Whoever works for me at Kaunas

Ooh, how exciting! Mypa 47's assistant kit man must be in with a shout :D

Yep

1. Whoever works for me at Kaunas

Ahh,I'm getting the picture now,it was a long "short list" of managers who WON'T be getting the job and a very tiny "short list" ,of one, who will get the gig.[/size]

Ooh, how exciting! Mypa 47's assistant kit man must be in with a shout :D

Has he worked for Vlad as well?

Dr. Bapswent
Ahh,I'm getting the picture now,it was a long "short list" of managers who WON'T be getting the job and a very tiny "short list" ,of one, who will get the gig.[/size]

Or its just a very very short list.

Or its just a very very short list.

May be there is no list at all,and it has been a "done deal" for Ziggy,Shaggy and Korabotchup for months.

Dr. Bapswent
May be there is no list at all,and it has been a "done deal" for Ziggy,Shaggy and Korabotchup for months.

Seriously, do you believe that?

Do you think Vlad has no intention of getting another manager?

Guest casper

6 months after we started looking and less than a week before pre-season training starts another list is being drawn up.

It's either truly monumental incompetence or exactly what romanov wants.

Either way it doesn't do our club much good.

Not a real one that is allowed to properly manage a football team.

Guest JamboRobbo

One who's given full control? Nope, I honestly don't think he does. We've gone 2.5 years without one, and I've seen no sign in terms of actions that he has changed or is about to change.

Do you actually believe he does intend to appoint a manager with full control (i.e. you believe the Jan 1st statement, over all of the actions Vlad has taken which have spoken much louder than the words he's come out with).

No, but i bet that you do. I'm sure if he really wanted to appoint one we wouldn't have spent the last few years suffering ******s like Rix, Malofeev and Kookaburra in the dugout. Lets be honest, whoever is in charge next season (and i use the term loosely) it will be someone in Vlad's "circle of trust", and they're all incompetent fuds just like Vlad.

So the best case scenario is that we'll have some useless c u next tuesday as manager next season but the more likely scenario is that it will probably just be Fail again. Yaaay, go Vlad. Bring back Malofeev, the campaign starts here :D

Dr. Bapswent
No, but i bet that you do. I'm sure if he really wanted to appoint one we wouldn't have spent the last few years suffering ******s like Rix, Malofeev and Kookaburra in the dugout. Lets be honest, whoever is in charge next season (and i use the term loosely) it will be someone in Vlad's "circle of trust", and they're all incompetent fuds just like Vlad.

So the best case scenario is that we'll have some useless c u next tuesday as manager next season but the more likely scenario is that it will probably just be Fail again. Yaaay, go Vlad. Bring back Malofeev, the campaign starts here :D

You think I do?

Nice of you to speak for me.:hobofish:

The Old Tolbooth

Very much my way of thinking right now, although why would McGhee be in London on his way to cowness, or was it he just didn't give him any reassurances and didn't have any plans to, forcing McGhee to reject the job so he could say that he's at least tried, just to get his own puppets in?

I'm in a cynical mood this morning :mad:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Lets just ask Vlad to give us a list of who he does not want;

I.e. Jim Jefferies, Billy Davies, Mr Blobby, Square jaw.

Just so we can rule them out etc.

NOTE: 50% of that list I would take

Guest casper
One who's given full control? Nope, ....

I heard a rumour, don?t know if it?s true or not.

It goes along the lines of McGhee wanting guarantees on team selection and player recruitment before he went to Lithuania for his 8 day interview.

He did get a phone call while waiting on his flight at Stansted but not from Boyle. It was from someone at Hearts telling him the guarantees were not forthcoming.

He took his bags off the plane and went home.

Very much my way of thinking right now, although why would McGhee be in London on his way to cowness, or was it he just didn't give him any reassurances and didn't have any plans to, forcing McGhee to reject the job so he could say that he's at least tried, just to get his own puppets in?

I'm in a cynical mood this morning :mad:

Just a thought,and I'm not starting a conspiracy thoery,but maybe just maybe Vlad was going through the motions just to keep CO happy enough not to bolt.

I would imagine he would have some cracking stories to tell if he ever left.

Jam Tarts 1874

It goes along the lines of McGhee wanting guarantees on team selection and player recruitment before he went to Lithuania for his 8 day interview.

He did get a phone call while waiting on his flight at Stansted but not from Boyle. It was from someone at Hearts telling him the guarantees were not forthcoming.

So now McGhee is a liar? It never ends!

Nelly Terraces

Is Tony Ford on the fabled 'shortlist'? If not, why not?! I'd like to see a dreamteam of Tony (resplendent in his white suit jacket) and Bobby Moncur back at Tynecastle. I believe neither of them was given a fair crack of the whip in their tenure at EH11, OK, Bob got us relegated in front of home crowds of 1800 and Tony, bless him, managed to take us to 5th in Div1, but hey, times have moved on, I bet they've been brushing up on their managerial skills since then, and they'd both have far better talent at their disposal to work with, instead of the likes of Pat McShane and Willie McVie they'd have players such as, errr, Calum Elliott and, um, Mary Zaliukas to carry out their footballing masterplan (OK, that analogy is taking things a bit far, but you know what I mean - right?). I'd think that not only would they be willing to put up with Vlad's 'help' in sorting team affairs, they'd actually welcome it, especially at the time of the employment tribunal comes round for unfair dismisal.

So, c'mon kids, jump on board the campaign bus! Lets have the Tony and Bobby show back Tynecastle. Happy days assured for all. Get in!:)

Walter Kidd

Cracking white jacket mate. You have just put me off my link roll by saying those dreaded words in the Kiddo household. Pat McShane. I feel dirty.

Nelly Terraces
Cracking white jacket mate. You have just put me off my link roll by saying those dreaded words in the Kiddo household. Pat McShane. I feel dirty.

White box jackets. Don't knock 'em. We'll all be wearing them by the time we hit bottom 6 in April! Don't think Wallace M saw it that way mind you (traditionalist, he didn't go for these new fangled 'fancy' ways, god rest his soul).

Sorry to hear I put you off your vittles old son, but really, P** M*****e gives you the wretch and Clum Elliot doesn't? You need to see a doctor, and fast!

Cheers. Great avatar and sig by the way. Impressed.:) A new royal family, a wild nobility...

N.

The Old Tolbooth
Just a thought,and I'm not starting a conspiracy thoery,but maybe just maybe Vlad was going through the motions just to keep CO happy enough not to bolt.

I would imagine he would have some cracking stories to tell if he ever left.

He wouldn't need to work again, it would be a best seller!

Fulham Jambo

Let?s have a whip round and buy Vlad the latest Championship Manager

Then maybe he will stop this need to control team selection.

What depresses me is that we are at a situation now where candidates are asking ?do I have team selection authority? and are obviously being told ?no ? I do?.

Weiss ain?t going to come to us which is a shame because he looks like the real deal ? the Icelander ain?t either. We will end up with one of Vlad?s employees or with a coach so desperate they?ll do anything Vlad asks until they break:

Rix ? eventually stood up to Vlad and was pinged

Valdas ? poor old Valdas ? I liked him ? hell he won us a cup and was nothing if not passionate about the club but working for Vlad literally nearly killed him

Korobocha ? better than Malofeev

Malofeev ? oh chr!st no!

Stevie ? well he?s a servant of the club but is out of his depth at the moment

It?s playing the same old record but the biggest threat to Vlad?s project is his own ego. He must appoint and he must assure that the successful manager has the mandate?

Hell I?d take Steve Maclaren at the moment!

............funny you should say that,.............I'm really starting to wonder............

Let?s have a whip round and buy Vlad the latest Championship Manager

Then maybe he will stop this need to control team selection.

What depresses me is that we are at a situation now where candidates are asking ?do I have team selection authority? and are obviously being told ?no ? I do?.

Weiss ain?t going to come to us which is a shame because he looks like the real deal ? the Icelander ain?t either. We will end up with one of Vlad?s employees or with a coach so desperate they?ll do anything Vlad asks until they break:

Rix ? eventually stood up to Vlad and was pinged

Valdas ? poor old Valdas ? I liked him ? hell he won us a cup and was nothing if not passionate about the club but working for Vlad literally nearly killed him

Korobocha ? better than Malofeev

Malofeev ? oh chr!st no!

Stevie ? well he?s a servant of the club but is out of his depth at the moment

It?s playing the same old record but the biggest threat to Vlad?s project is his own ego. He must appoint and he must assure that the successful manager has the mandate?

Hell I?d take Steve Maclaren at the moment![/QUOTE]

Too late mate,...he's just been announced as Twente Enschede's new boss.

obviously romanov is out of his depth trying to find a quality manager who will dance to his tune. so come on romanov give me a budget and i'll get you a manager who will bring success to the hearts. you may not like him, he won't jump to your orders, and he'll not tolerate interference in football matters but most of all he will be quality that will turn hearts into winners and have the fans turning up to full houses once again.

what is more important mr romanov, your ego or success for hearts.

Gerd Muller

Hows about a shortlist containing:

Lawrie Sanchez, Bruce Rioch, David O'Leary, Gianluca Vialla, Bryan Robson?

Surely these managers have seen the Premiership and possibly might want to manage in Scotland.

On the other hand, maybe Romanov is scaring any decent manager away.

maroonedinoz
latest Championship Manager

Hell I?d take Steve Maclaren at the moment!

Given all the other options on offer, not such a bad suggestion!

obviously romanov is out of his depth trying to find a quality manager who will dance to his tune. so come on romanov give me a budget and i'll get you a manager who will bring success to the hearts. you may not like him, he won't jump to your orders, and he'll not tolerate interference in football matters but most of all he will be quality that will turn hearts into winners and have the fans turning up to full houses once again.

what is more important mr romanov, your ego or success for hearts.

You forgot the :P at the end of your question,it's a no brainer is it not.

I have a wee sneaky feeling that something good is going to come from this !

Hopefully a sniper is involved.

LarrysRightFoot

Call my insane but so do I Goldenboy and Im hoping that something good is Billy Davies!

Interesting Article, a new short list, another change of Plan, How many more names are going to come out the Woodwork, and chuck there names in to the hat.

This new short list any ideas as to who will be on it?:confused:

I thought it was CO's job to compile the shortlist and give it to Vlad?

Does this mean that in January the shortlist consisted of Mark McGhee?

I must admit to being baffled as to why we are constantly being linked with managers currently in a job. Plenty of unemployed managers out there FFS.

How can we get anyone who is any good. Surely if the person was a reasonably rated qualified football person his pride alone would stop him from taking a job where he would be considered a very low choice, only getting the job because no one else wants it. It seems to me that the person hired will be one who is prepared to take the crap with a view to adding to his CV. It in this case is a win win situation because regardless of his performance he will always have Romanov to blame for his failings.

I continue my much criticised opinion that both Ziggy and Frail are in contention or at least part of a management/coaching team. I have to say that Romanov has let down many of us who have been supportive of him by failing in this search which was looked at with such optimism by us. In that, I don't necessarily refer to the McGhee, Weiss situations, just the whole procedure that seems to have taken place. Probably the greatest problem was the arrogance that suspected that the list were all waiting to jump at this plum job, only to find the opposite was more true.

Walter Kidd
How can we get anyone who is any good. Surely if the person was a reasonably rated qualified football person his pride alone would stop him from taking a job where he would be considered a very low choice, only getting the job because no one else wants it. It seems to me that the person hired will be one who is prepared to take the crap with a view to adding to his CV. It in this case is a win win situation because regardless of his performance he will always have Romanov to blame for his failings.

I continue my much criticised opinion that both Ziggy and Frail are in contention or at least part of a management/coaching team. I have to say that Romanov has let down many of us who have been supportive of him by failing in this search which was looked at with such optimism by us. In that, I don't necessarily refer to the McGhee, Weiss situations, just the whole procedure that seems to have taken place. Probably the greatest problem was the arrogance that suspected that the list were all waiting to jump at this plum job, only to find the opposite was more true.

Bob,

You are the voice of reason on this message board and I salute you.

All the best my friend.

WK

Nelly Terraces
Bob,

You are the voice of reason on this message board and I salute you.

All the best my friend.

WK

Indeedy WK. I totally agree. Wise word from the Sharpmeister Generale. Lesson to us all there, me included.

vlad, i think, saw the light at the start of the year and decided to go for another british manager. he obviously decided not to make a move until the season was over.

so he went for mcgee, who in vlads mind, has scewed him over and now has returned to his old way of thinking that a british manager would be unreliable.

so now we are getting all these european guys linked with the job, the fact that someone hasnt been appointed already suggests to me that vlad is either

still insisting on some team selection, or unsure if this is the rite way to go.

make no mistake vlad knows this season will define his future at hearts and he may be nuts but hasnt got were he is by being stupid! dont think he is used to failure either so he no doubt is giving his next move alote of consideration!

Jimmy McNulty

I don't. Not at all.

I think we'll get Valdas back.

portobellojambo1

I had also heard something similar around 10 days ago, i.e. that the actual phone call McGhee received in London Airport was not from Boyle but was from a representative of HMFC, giving him the news in relation to what would be forthcoming in Lithuania, and this caused the turnaround. Although I didn't disbelieve the person that told me I never really thought any more of it, until I read your post above just now. There is no doubt Boyle also contacted him but I believe McGhee was already in the back of a cab with his rescued luggage at that time.

Dirk Diggler
I had also heard something similar around 10 days ago, i.e. that the actual phone call McGhee received in London Airport was not from Boyle but was from a representative of HMFC, giving him the news in relation to what would be forthcoming in Lithuania, and this caused the turnaround. Although I didn't disbelieve the person that told me I never really thought any more of it, until I read your post above just now. There is no doubt Boyle also contacted him but I believe McGhee was already in the back of a cab with his rescued luggage at that time.

I think that's a load of garbage, with all due respect Iain.

Vlad drawing up a new fan dabby shortlist as we speak !

To be honest you would be actually be better getting The Krankies to draw up the shortlist.

To be honest you would be actually be better getting The Krankies to draw up the shortlist.

Im feeling good about this new shortlist, i got good vibes about this shortlist, the man for the job is on the new list, i can feel it in my bones.:)

Archived