Big Phil

Walter Kidd

i really dont see all the fuss about Scolari, although i dont really know how well he did before the Brazil job.

He's been poor at Portugal imo.

Hope he shows the same tactical nouse at the Bridge.

Marching on Together.

I thought that was a leeds song? :eek:

Hope he shows the same tactical nouse at the Bridge.

Marching on Together.

Look I know this is a Hearts and football forum so non hearts related stuff is fair game but don't you think that sort of post is better on a Chelsea forum? It's not really a topic for discussion that neutrals can join in on or something that affects football at large. :confused:

I'd say winning a World Cup is a far higher level than what McAllister will ever achieve in his career.

Big Phil is a disaster waiting to happen at Chelsea ( Dundee Utd of the south circa 83 ) and I for one will be pulling up my seat to get a closer view.

He has about 5mins to find his feet.

Should be good.

Thig Ar Latha
What he said.

Realised that as I sat down for the second half. One of these 'aw naw' moments. :o

Dirk Diggler

I'm sure the ?130 million transfer kitty will help Big Phil.

You remember what ?130 million done to LUFC, WK?

;)

Walter Kidd

I have never mentioned Leeds for weeks!!!! I do mate, and I pray the same happens to the charlatans from the Bridge.

Dirk Diggler
I have never mentioned Leeds for weeks!!!! I do mate, and I pray the same happens to the charlatans from the Bridge.

Neither would I to be perfectly honest. :o

Even if it does go breasts northwards, at least Chelsea would have something to show for it though eh?

Yes I know Leeds once made it to a Champs league semi final before you start.

Portugal were gash from the 60th min until the 88th or their abouts...

they lacked composure and turned to punting the ball once they got 20 - 30 yards out. composure was no where to be seen with big P sitting on his erse only moving to moan at the 4th official.

HMFCjamieHMFC
i really dont see all the fuss about Scolari, although i dont really know how well he did before the Brazil job.

He's been poor at Portugal imo.

how has he been poor at portugal

He could well be a total disater at Chelsea. He only know about 2 words in English, has not managed at club level for about a decade, am I right in thinking he has also never managed a club in Europe?? He will be lost in the Premier League imo, no logic behind this appointment, mind you there never is much logic at the bridge.

how has he been poor at portugal

I just think they've been really poor the last two tournaments personally, and they blew it against Greece when they really should have won.

HMFCjamieHMFC
I just think they've been really poor the last two tournaments personally, and they blew it against Greece when they really should have won.

I'm view them coming fourth in the world cup is an achievement and them lossing the final to greece still quite an achievement

TBH I don't think Portugal will get a better chance to win a major tourney than they have in the last 2 Euros and they have blown it big style on both occasions in my opinion and it has been down to a lack of ideas, tactics and positive attitude. As a side this was probably their peak as a team. I know Ronaldo and Nani have a good few years ahead of them but can't see Carvalho, Deco, Gomes and Simao going on much longer at this level.

Jam Tarts 1874

I wonder how long the English media will continue to refer to him as "big" Phil Scolari? and for how long will Chelsea be referred to as Scolari's Chelsea? as in Keegan's Newcastle etc.

Archived