Hearts Loanee Summary

Mikey1874

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Does anyone know if Rory Currie is in the frame for first team football.

Played a few times last season.

We have not loaned him out and we are running short on numbers up front now. Is he being kept around with the intention of stepping him up?

Hes out injured for a few months

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• LarrysRightFoot

• letsalldothebeattie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, gungho said:

Good on them both 

Morrison had good loan at Stirling so hopefully more of the same at Brechin 

i for the life  of me can’t understand the Beith situation. Looks a real good player yet even in our hardest times he never got a sniff . Is he just not up to it or is there more to it ? 

8 goals from midfield tells you he certainly has something ! 

I think he might be playing up front for Stranraer 

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Morrison has just scored for Brechin, nice debut.

Its been mis-reported but Callum contributed the assist for Brechin’s goal today according to a city fan I know. 

He he said he was the best of a bad bunch

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Beith scores his second for Stranraer today.

Daniel Baur played the 90 minutes for Albion Rovers 1 Stranraer 3 

Alex Petkov played 90 minutes in Berwick Rangers 3-1 win at Cowdenbeath. Listed as being in midfield which is preferred position. 

Made debut in midweek friendly draw with Kelty. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Syd said:

Its been mis-reported but Callum contributed the assist for Brechin’s goal today according to a city fan I know. 

He he said he was the best of a bad bunch

Fair enough. Maybe get confirmed. Probably circulated report. This link says Morrison goal. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south/queen-of-the-south-3-1-brechin-city-dobbie-hat-trick-hero-1-4674497/amp?__twitter_impression=true

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Todorov unused sub for Livingston this week 2-0 v Dumbarton where Ally Roy was not in the squad. 

Ally Roy is back at hearts

I noticed Neil Warnock saying that they'd have to pay a 'fine' if their loan player from Liverpool didn't play enough games.

I was thinking this is something we should introduce. We send our players out to get first team experience, not to sit on the bench or in the stands. If it means going to a lower level to get first team games then so be it. A game from the start in League 1 is better than being a late sub in the Championship..

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

I noticed Neil Warnock saying that they'd have to pay a 'fine' if their loan player from Liverpool didn't play enough games.

I was thinking this is something we should introduce. We send our players out to get first team experience, not to sit on the bench or in the stands. If it means going to a lower level to get first team games then so be it. A game from the start in League 1 is better than being a late sub in the Championship..

I disagree.  The players are going out on loan to get experience but they need to earn the right to play, not to get in the team simply because they are there.

if they dont play, then its down to them.

31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I disagree.  The players are going out on loan to get experience but they need to earn the right to play, not to get in the team simply because they are there.

Earn the right fair enough.. But what benefit do they get out of being on the bench or in the stands at a Championship game.. 

As I say send them to a team that will have them as first pick every week so they can get up to the rigors of first team men's football.. The easiest way to know that the club in question is wanting to play the player and not just use them as a squad filler is to add in a penalty if they don't play x amount of games..

33 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Agree with your post, the loan clubs already contribute towards wages in most cases so if the player isn’t playing well enough they have every right not to play them. 

It’s important we loan these guys to clubs that we trust, so that if/when it turns out they don’t get a game we can take it as read they’re not good enough yet. Simply parachuting them in wouldn’t be good for anyone involved 

2 minutes ago, Futurejambo1 said:

Agree with your post, the loan clubs already contribute towards wages in most cases so if the player isn’t playing well enough they have every right not to play them. 

Was Todorov signed by Livingston to be a first team starter or was he signed because he is versatile and can cover a variety of positions in the case of injuries?

In fairness to the club most of our players who go out on loan are played every week at their loan club so it's clearly something we look at..

letsalldothebeattie
11 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Does anyone know if Rory Currie is in the frame for first team football.

Played a few times last season.

We have not loaned him out and we are running short on numbers up front now. Is he being kept around with the intention of stepping him up?

Pretty sure Hearts said he was out for the season picked up a bad injury for the 20s

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Was Todorov signed by Livingston to be a first team starter or was he signed because he is versatile and can cover a variety of positions in the case of injuries?

In fairness to the club most of our players who go out on loan are played every week at their loan club so it's clearly something we look at..

Some, players are on loan for development. 

Some players are being given the chance to play and get a good club when they are released at the end of their contracts. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Daniel Baur plays for Hearts U20s tonight not Albion Rovers in the Cup.  Presume he wasn't registered in time for the original date. 

Aidan Keena and Callumn Morrison also start. 

Guys that returned from loan - Paton, Godinho and Zanatta also start. 

5 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Nikolay Todarov been recalled from his loan at Livingston 

As cover or being released?

Edited by Mikey1874

On 1/28/2018 at 08:14, RussAsia said:

Earn the right fair enough.. But what benefit do they get out of being on the bench or in the stands at a Championship game.. 

As I say send them to a team that will have them as first pick every week so they can get up to the rigors of first team men's football.. The easiest way to know that the club in question is wanting to play the player and not just use them as a squad filler is to add in a penalty if they don't play x amount of games..

lets put it another way, say mitchell was absolutely awful, but in the agreement if he did not play say 15 games by the end of the season we would get fined. Would you be happy to have him in the starting 11 even if we had say an academy player who had showed they were better stuck on the bench?

17 hours ago, milky_26 said:

lets put it another way, say mitchell was absolutely awful, but in the agreement if he did not play say 15 games by the end of the season we would get fined. Would you be happy to have him in the starting 11 even if we had say an academy player who had showed they were better stuck on the bench?

Surely that's what the scouting system is all about.. so we get players who are good enough to make an impact..

lets put it this way.. Say Mitchell had a bad first game and then never managed to get off the bench for the rest of the loan agreement.. do you think Man U would be happy and in turn willing to loan us further players in the future.. They put him here to get first team games.. We brought him to play first team games.. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Goals today for Aiden Keena, Harry Paton and Liam Smith.

And wins for Harry Stenhousemuir 4 Berwick 0 who had Petkov playing (subbed 58 minutes)

And Liam Smith St Mirren 2-0 Queen of the South 0 who had Todorov making first appearance as sub on 70 minutes. 

Aidan Keena's Queens Park lost 3-1 at home to Raith Rovers who had Zanatta playing. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Also today

Angus Beith played 90 minutes for Stranraer in 2-0 defeat at home to East Fife

Daniel Baur played 90 minutes in Albion Rovers 1-0 defeat at Arbroath

Callumn Morrison got a break with Brechin game called off. 

Took in St M v QotS.

Liam Smith given sponsors man of the match, played reasonably well and scored a good goal but Eckersely arguably the better of the two St M fullbacks, more solid in challenge and less wasteful with ball.

Todorov played last twenty, looks a big fit laddie, showed one or two nice touches but a tad raw and will clearly need time to gel with new colleagues. 

The boy Morgan a standout for St M but hard to imagine him getting a regular game at Parkhead. 

Good to see Gaz Naismith in the Queens dug oot. Cup winning legend. 

LarrysRightFoot

Anyone (possibly JiG or FF) know the clubs thoughts on Harry Paton?

A mate of mine is a Stenny fan and raves about him - he hasn’t raved about any of other loanees we have given them over recent seasons, though he thought Oli Shaw done well for them.

I thought with our relative shortage of central midfielders he might have been kept for the 2nd half of the season.

19 is hardly old but I thought it might have been his time to break in to the first team.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Anyone (possibly JiG or FF) know the clubs thoughts on Harry Paton?

A mate of mine is a Stenny fan and raves about him - he hasn’t raved about any of other loanees we have given them over recent seasons, though he thought Oli Shaw done well for them.

I thought with our relative shortage of central midfielders he might have been kept for the 2nd half of the season.

19 is hardly old but I thought it might have been his time to break in to the first team.

He's a decent prospect with good technique and quick feet. What may be against him is his stature. He's not the tallest and slightly built so may not fit the profile of CL's ambitions for centre midfield.

Much the same could be said for Angus Beith, although Angus is a couple of years older and a bit more streetwise.

Callumn Morrison playing for Brechin at Falkirk. 2-0 down. Callum Tapping also in Brechin team. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Congratulations to Angus Beith who’s 5 goals in 5 games win him Ladbrokes League 1 player of the month for Jan. Great return for a CM. 

1 hour ago, Futurejambo1 said:

Congratulations to Angus Beith who’s 5 goals in 5 games win him Ladbrokes League 1 player of the month for Jan. Great return for a CM. 

Good interview in EEN. Wants to stay at Hearts

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-kid-angus-beith-wins-league-one-player-of-month-award-1-4686440

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I want a 6ft blonde russian named anna but it aint going to happen . For whatever reason hes not fancied. Have said before cannot understand the decision but clearly coaching staff dont fancy him . He will have no problems picking up a club in the summer and will make a decent career for himself ! 

4 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

? Ally Roy moves to Sligo Rovers on loan deal until end of June, subject to international clearance. ? http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6521 

DVmidZ7X0AAIvbA.jpg

So is Rory currie the only forward left in the development squad?  and am I right in saying he's out injured till summer? 

Starting to think we might be needing to pick up two strikers rather than one

CornhillHearts
13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So is Rory currie the only forward left in the development squad?  and am I right in saying he's out injured till summer? 

Starting to think we might be needing to pick up two strikers rather than one

Henderson was back playing last week, Currie ruptured knee ligaments end of November, as far a I know out for remainder of season 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Daniel Baur keeps his place in the Scotland U19 squad

How is it, that we have some of the most promising youth players in the country, many of them getting first team football at 16 and 17 year old, yet the Scotland u19 squad reads 

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

when one of the Old firm don't even have a ****ing team in the development league and the other has fulfilled lkess than half of their fixtures?

When are the scouts getting the chance to view these players?

2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

How is it, that we have some of the most promising youth players in the country, many of them getting first team football at 16 and 17 year old, yet the Scotland u19 squad reads 

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Old firm player

Someone else

when one of the Old firm don't even have a ****ing team in the development league and the other has fulfilled lkess than half of their fixtures?

When are the scouts getting the chance to view these players?

well said mate