Hypothetically...

Geoff Kilpatrick

who rattled your cage?

It was such an obvious set up for a cheap gag that I couldn't resist.

Apologies for any distress caused

Geoff Kilpatrick
I don't know about devalued, but I didn't feel anything like the sheer joy I did when we won it under JJ.

Maybe that was just because we struggled to beat a team of second division journeymen having neve rhad to play either of the Old Firm on the way, or maybe it was because even then it was obvious that Romanov was taking us to the dogs, but it was a good day and no more than that.

I've had loads of better days supporting the Jambos (and many, many worse right enough)

I would agree that the final didn't compare to 1998, simply because nothing ever would due to the end of the hoodoo. I also agree it wasn't the highlight of the season (beating the sheep to finish 2nd and the semi-final were far bigger events).

Having said that, I still rammed the beer down and sang along Gorgie Road, especially after thinking for a couple of years that the club would struggle to reach anywhere near those heights again.

I don't know about devalued, but I didn't feel anything like the sheer joy I did when we won it under JJ.

Maybe that was just because we struggled to beat a team of second division journeymen having never had to play either of the Old Firm on the way, or maybe it was because even then it was obvious that Romanov was taking us to the dogs, but it was a good day and no more than that.

I've had loads of better days supporting the Jambos (and many, many worse right enough)

Even if we'd beaten Hibs in the 2006 Final having disposed of both Rangers and Celtic on the way ending a drought of "only" eight years was never going to quite match up to the sheer relief of ending a wait of nearly four decades in 1998.

Hopefully we never experience that again

I think i'd rather have we'd have taken our chances. Romanov has (for me) killed what was Heart of Midlothian FC. I cling to being a fan, but to be honest, I'm deeply apathetic when it comes to Hearts these days. I've just been ground down to such an extent that when I go to games (which is rarer now) I'm just going through the motions.

I can't actually place when and where it changed. I still cared a hell of a lot when the Davis-gate occured, and that was under Romanov.

Who knows where we would be now if Romanov hadn't come along...but I'd like to think my passion would not have wavered and declined for the club like it has now.

In short, I'd give up the 2006 cup, 2nd place and CL qualifiers etc just to have my Hearts back.

I think i'd rather have we'd have taken our chances. Romanov has (for me) killed what was Heart of Midlothian FC. I cling to being a fan, but to be honest, I'm deeply apathetic when it comes to Hearts these days. I've just been ground down to such an extent that when I go to games (which is rarer now) I'm just going through the motions.

I can't actually place when and where it changed. I still cared a hell of a lot when the Davis-gate occured, and that was under Romanov.

Who knows where we would be now if Romanov hadn't come along...but I'd like to think my passion would not have wavered and declined for the club like it has now.

In short, I'd give up the 2006 cup, 2nd place and CL qualifiers etc just to have my Hearts back.

Yup,and I would bet,in fact I know,there are lots out there with the same feeling's,sad very sad so it is.

Archived