What is the actual new capacity?

Nixie

Has this been confirmed yet? Lot of empty seats yesterday and still 18,555 attendance (I know a lot will be season ticket holders not attending)

Add the big covered area behind the goal at the Celtic end (anyone know why they did this?) and the TV studio and the obstructed view behind, think we should easily be significantly above 20k. 

Also, why haven’t we planned a TV studio as part of the new stand (or is that going to come?)

20 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Has this been confirmed yet? Lot of empty seats yesterday and still 18,555 attendance (I know a lot will be season ticket holders not attending)

Add the big covered area behind the goal at the Celtic end (anyone know why they did this?) and the TV studio and the obstructed view behind, think we should easily be significantly above 20k. 

Also, why haven’t we planned a TV studio as part of the new stand (or is that going to come?)

Tv area will come

Net behing celtic end goal was to reduce risk of coins & protection for ball boys after celtics last trip here

I can honestly say that that was the loudest I have ever heard Tynecastle. New stand has really completed a fantastic stadium and I can’t wait to sample the atmosphere on the 27th.

37 minutes ago, Nixie said:

TV studio going to be built around the floodlight tower at the Roseburn/Main stand corner.

31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TV studio going to be built around the floodlight tower at the Roseburn/Main stand corner.

Just read on other thread, think that will look good. Great idea.

48 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Tv area will come

Net behing celtic end goal was to reduce risk of coins & protection for ball boys after celtics last trip here

Thaks mate, shocking we have to do that. Must have been a couple of hundred seats. Roughly £6k out of pocket?

1 minute ago, Nixie said:

Thaks mate, shocking we have to do that. Must have been a couple of hundred seats. Roughly £6k out of pocket?

Looked like two rows of seats, so I guess around 30 seats in total?

22 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Seemingly Sky foot the bill, at least that's what I read

22 minutes ago, kila said:

Looked like two rows of seats, so I guess around 30 seats in total?

Talking about the tv box, not the bit behind the tic goal

1 hour ago, FraMcCa said:

I can honestly say that that was the loudest I have ever heard Tynecastle. New stand has really completed a fantastic stadium and I can’t wait to sample the atmosphere on the 27th.

Tynecastle was certainly LOUD yesterday, though there are four occasions I can think of where it was even louder:

v Bayern 1988

v 4-4 derby (2002?)

Aberdeen (Hartley pen) to qualify for CL qualifiers in 2006

v Spurs Europa League (2011?) - at least for the first 10 minutes or so!

That is nit-picking, though, 'cos the new stand has clearly helped with the volume and the 27th could be sensational

Archived