Berra get ready

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=112960

Last week it was reported that a ?1.5 million Wolves bid for Christophe Berra had been turned down, with the talented centreback's agent Gary Mackay scrambling to arrange a meeting with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to discuss his clients future ahead of the 23 year olds return from his holiday next week.

Hopefully that involves wearing a gold shirt, but with it now abundantly clear that Berra wants away from Tynecastle and Hearts being almost ?40 million in debt, phonecalls to Chairmen will have already been made by a number of managers in the Championship.

So what are Wolves chances of seeing off the pack?

From the ashes of Glenn Hoddles reign, Mick McCarthy has built up a squad of young guns, many now breaking into the International scene, as is Berra, and though it's been said before, oh so many times, will go into next season one of the pundits picks for promotion.

And if anything, it is the feeling of strength, unity and togetherness that exists within the squad that will tip the balance in Wolves favour.

If he gets as far as Molineux, Mick McCarthy could do worse than take a leaf out of Celtic's book, who ensured that when Kenny Miller was taken to Parkhead, he just 'happened' to bump into Roy Keane, who greeted him by his first name, and welcomed him, making an instant impression on the former Wolves striker.

True, we don't have a man of Keano's stature to call on, but we do have a enough players who have as much in common with Berra as Miller saw in Keane to impress on him the fact that the ambition he openly harbours would be matched by those he would be joining.

6 days to B-Day and counting.

Jam Tarts 1874

I wonder if he will go. If Romanov is turning down ?1.5m, one has to assume that the possible selling price would be at least ?2m. I think that would be good business, but will Wolves or anyone else pay ?2m?

If we got ?2m, Romanov should go for these players!

http://futbal.pravda.sk/futbalom-ziju-aj-zeny-polonahe-rakusanky-a-nemky-zviedli-tuhy-boj-v-piesku-1th-/sk-fme2008.asp?c=A080615_190542_sk-fme2008_p28

:)

I wonder if he will go. If Romanov is turning down ?1.5m, one has to assume that the possible selling price would be at least ?2m. I think that would be good business, but will Wolves or anyone else pay ?2m?

http://futbal.pravda.sk/futbalom-ziju-aj-zeny-polonahe-rakusanky-a-nemky-zviedli-tuhy-boj-v-piesku-1th-/sk-fme2008.asp?c=A080615_190542_sk-fme2008_p28

We wont get ?2m. Romanov will and his track record of re-investing money made on transfers to date isn't very spectacular.

Jam Tarts 1874
We wont get ?2m. Romanov will and his track record of re-investing money made on transfers to date isn't very spectacular.

Rubbish! I have been through our accounts, I have copies here. There is no evidence whatsover to suggest that Romanov is pocketing money from transfer fees. It is very difficult to re-invest transfer fees when we are ?36.7m in debt. Do you want the debt to continue to be at this level?

Does David Murray or any other major shareholder/owner pocket money from their club's transfer fees? I don't think so because that would be illegal. But of course, Romanov is some kind of James Bond baddie from that nasty Eastern Europe! :rolleyes:

Rubbish! I have been through our accounts, I have copies here. There is no evidence whatsover to suggest that Romanov is pocketing money from transfer fees. It is very difficult to re-invest transfer fees when we are ?36.7m in debt. Do you want the debt to continue to be at this level?

Does David Murray or any other major shareholder/owner pocket money from their club's transfer fees? I don't think so because that would be illegal. But of course, Romanov is some kind of James Bond baddie from that nasty Eastern Europe! :rolleyes:

I think the more important point is that he doesn't reinvest much in new players - which David Murray etc does.

Romanov is a proven liar and clearly could care less what happens to Hearts, but I doubt he's pocketing any cash directly from transfers, just sticking it in his bank.

I have to be honest and say that that website is a bit poo. An avenue for no-marks to have their say.

I have to be honest and say that that website is a bit poo. An avenue for no-marks to have their say.

Unlike Kickback, eh? ;)

jamboinglasgow
I think the more important point is that he doesn't reinvest much in new players - which David Murray etc does.

Romanov is a proven liar and clearly could care less what happens to Hearts, but I doubt he's pocketing any cash directly from transfers, just sticking it in his bank.

my rangers mad friend would disagree with you on that, gers fans have for years said he doesn't reinvest as much as he should. Yes he pays for some players but no where as much as he used to. They would say he is pocketing the cash.

Unlike Kickback, eh? ;)

You tell me?

Everytime i look over at Herpees.net i get the overwhelming feeling of vacuum. Nothingness. Lack of brain matter. Power of thought escaped.

;)

my rangers mad friend would disagree with you on that, gers fans have for years said he doesn't reinvest as much as he should. Yes he pays for some players but no where as much as he used to. They would say he is pocketing the cash.

Really? Most of my family is Rangers daft (I know, the shame of it) and they seem pretty happy with the amount of cash Murray shells out (3 million for Lafferty, a million for Velicka etc).

jamboinglasgow
Really? Most of my family is Rangers daft (I know, the shame of it) and they seem pretty happy with the amount of cash Murray shells out (3 million for Lafferty, a million for Velicka etc).

seems the rangers support are spilt on Murry then.

The simple fact is, fans are leting their hatred of Romanov affect their thinking and they therefore contradict themselves all the time.

They slate him for the levels of debt but also slate him when he does not spend any transfer fees on players, well unless your are making millions of pounds, you can not do both - and this simply will not happen in the SPL, even if you are Celtic and Rangers.

Guest JamboRobbo

They slate him for the levels of debt but also slate him when he does not spend any transfer fees on players, well unless your are making millions of pounds, you can not do both - and this simply will not happen in the SPL, even if you are Celtic and Rangers.

What you can do though, is get value for money.

Spending 12.49M to finish 4th, whilst the team above you and round about you have spent 2-3M, is not value for money. It's utter incompetence, and financial suicide.

Wolves WILL pay ?2m if they have to. McCarthy rates him and wants him.

Walter Kidd

I don't rate Berra. Not vocal enough, easily bullied off the ball and writes number 4 in his autograph.

Will make it big when he leaves us though as he'll have some teacher in McCarthy.

Ron Burgundy
I don't rate Berra. Not vocal enough, easily bullied off the ball and writes number 4 in his autograph.

Will make it big when he leaves us though as he'll have some teacher in McCarthy.

Completely agree with the first part of your post.

Dunno about the second,the Championship is probably his level.

Would rather he stayed.

We should be building a team around Berra, Driver, Wallace, Eggert, Glen etc...

Gigolo-Aunt
Would rather he stayed.

We should be building a team around Berra, Driver, Wallace, Eggert, Glen etc...

Not sure about Berra. Maybe if the pressure was off him he would develop more.

Driver's woeful distribution out wide is a major problem for him.

Wallace, still to find his position after 2 years.

Eggy, , I have ever got what the fuss was about.

Glen, cantreally comment on him.

I do wonder if the weakness in their games are worked on up at Riccarton.

and we just cant be having that now can we?;)

Why , don`t you think we have more than enough t!ts playing for the team already??

Archived