Super Duper Sunday Football ft Hibs v Celtic

The Internet

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, graygo said:

What does that even mean?

It means that they were down and out until Lennon made the changes to get them back into the game. Vey positive changes too I may add. Always give credit where credit is due.

I'm confused that most are accepting that Celtic should have been 4 or 5 up, despite not playing well, and Hibs merited their point?

Credit for the last 15 but even during that Celtic had chances. What I do agree with is that we've not got it in us to do what Hibs did today.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Does it mean he is just home from the game and straight onto kickback?

An unworthy comment.

Joking of course

4 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

It means that they were down and out until Lennon made the changes to get them back into the game. Vey positive changes too I may add. Always give credit where credit is due.

So was it shite game management until the 76th Minute?

Bazzas right boot

Celtic won't be going two up next week anyway, no need to worry about that.

1 hour ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

You might not agree because we lost this one. But if I'm correct I believe we had around 60% of the posession.

When we lost 3-1 at Celtic park. It was when Walker put us ahead. And Juanma and Oshaniwa both missed sitters. 

From what I remember of that game Celtic went 3-1 up early in the second half then sat back and let us have all the possession that we wanted in our own half but as soon as we tried to move it forward they took it off us again. The stats didn't tell the true story, they let us have a lot of possession but we could do little with it.

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This sticks in my gullet but Hibs were decent today from what I saw and fully merited their point. It was a cracking match.

They showed plenty character and resilience to come back from two down and almost won it so fair play.

A lot of that stems from their manager and coaching staff.

Sadly, we would never have come back from two down against Celtic. 

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we ended their run next Sunday , but can anyone see it ? 

Right that's me away for another shower.

And wash your mouth out with carbolic soap!! :sick:

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I'm confused that most are accepting that Celtic should have been 4 or 5 up, despite not playing well, and Hibs merited their point?

Credit for the last 15 but even during that Celtic had chances. What I do agree with is that we've not got it in us to do what Hibs did today.

Game was shit until the last half hour. Celtic got 2 jammy goals, then Hibs got 2 jammy goals, then both could have won it in the last minute.

Pretty poor stuff the scouse derby.

Liverpool dominating but only 3 shots on target.

Klopp must take some of the blame with that starting line up.

Southampton v Arsenal was a good game.

Big game on next.

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Game was shit until the last half hour. Celtic got 2 jammy goals, then Hibs got 2 jammy goals, then both could have won it in the last minute.

True, although Forrest scores in the first half and it may well have been won at a canter. Celtic had a lot of chances when Hibs opened up a bit.

54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They're playing with confidence and belief. That's the main difference. Our confidence is low & brittle. 

Are their fans backing them or hiring planes and demanding the manager’s head when they’re high up the league like some of ours?

Could be making a difference.

chester copperpot
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Definite penalty btw

Who'd be a Liverpool fan

It was a defo penalty and a stupid ****ing ****** up from Lovren again.

Oh and I am a Liverpool fan :P

MacDonald Jardine
28 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Celtic won't be going two up next week anyway, no need to worry about that.

I would love to live in your world. 

Lucille's Thirsty
37 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

How is Dejan Lovren earning £100,000 a week?

:laugh:

Liverpool aren’t a poor club are they? 

Lucille's Thirsty

It would be hilarious if City destroyed Utd just to see Noel Gallagher annoy G Neville.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Whatever the outcome of the Derby, we have to see a passion and fight from Hearts that has been badly missing, in Derbies, for far too long now. During the 17 and 22 in a row runs, there were times when Hibs should have beaten us, but didn’t, due to Hearts attitude of not wanting to lose to them, however we managed it.

It’s crazy that we should even be thinking that Hibs might out fight us. Hopefully, with Levein doing the team talk, he sorts that out as a minimum.

Anything below 100% fight and effort is unacceptable.

Levein would be better stepping aside and letting Gary Locke give the team talk

Brendan Rodgers is fast become my most disliked man is Scottish football. His utter contemp for the game up here and the teams is staggering. Leaving his two main strikers out the team against the 3rd placed team tells it's own story. They got what they deserved today. He's absolutely Teflon with the media. His results in Europe bar one in Belgium were embarrassing yet it's shrugged off by the majority of the press. They're hardly strolling this league and as I said Europe was earth shatteringly poor yet he continues to give us hid pearls of wisdom at any given moment.

I'm worried this will be a typical Mourinho big game where neither team is allowed to win. An early city goal would be ideal. 

Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm worried this will be a typical Mourinho big game where neither team is allowed to win. An early city goal would be ideal. 

Mourinho’s modus operandi mate

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Celtic will take care of itself.

You don't get prizes for being better v Celtic, and today imo Celtic could have had 3/4 easily, think Celtics poor finishing as opposed to hibs quality was the difference.

I don't agree with the derby comment, I think we've been up for every game this season, we do lack quality, tho.

Forgive me for not shitting myself at the prospect of hibs.

Christ, folk were shitting themselves at the thought of Motherwell yesterday.

Don't know why folk bother with Hearts on here sometimes tbh.

If you have been at the last 3 games at ER I can't see how you think we match them for industry and endeavour in the Derby fixture. 

They fly out of the traps and score early. Maybe it catches us by surprise each time. Who could see it coming in all honesty...... 

Rodger Mellie
16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Horrible watching Mourinho teams 'play football'. Hope City destroy them.

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Horrible watching Mourinho teams 'play football'. Hope City destroy them.

I couldn’t agree more, spends more than most and still parks the bus against big clubs albeit he won at Arsenal parking bus.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Zero attempts on goal from Boreinho's team. 33 minutes gone.

Outrageous

It's ok if he wins he gets away with it. But if he loses this I can see the Utd fans start to turn. I don't doubt he'll get the 1 nil he's hoping for tho!

35 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Brendan Rodgers is fast become my most disliked man is Scottish football. His utter contemp for the game up here and the teams is staggering. Leaving his two main strikers out the team against the 3rd placed team tells it's own story. They got what they deserved today. He's absolutely Teflon with the media. His results in Europe bar one in Belgium were embarrassing yet it's shrugged off by the majority of the press. They're hardly strolling this league and as I said Europe was earth shatteringly poor yet he continues to give us hid pearls of wisdom at any given moment.

Totally agree. Has far too much to say, and the great unwashed think it’s gospel.

38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Hes an absolute arse. He is up there with Gordon Strapon for me in that whenever their ugly smarmy mugs appear on tv I switch off

Archived