JKB Sole Survivor competition. Fifth challenge posted.

Maple Leaf

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I’m not going to jump in with this prediction. Head....heart....head....heart ?.

I'm gonna hold back and see if we land any targets before predicting. He had to choose the fecking derby ;)

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I'm gonna hold back and see if we land any targets before predicting. He had to choose the fecking derby ;)

That’s what I’m thinking. Although every other round I made a snap decision, maybe I should do that now.......

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Final score of this week's challenge match is Dunfermiline 0 vs Dundee United 0.  

Draw wins.  The following players are survivors.  All other players are eliminated.

Allowayjambo1874
CJGJ
GYL
Helzibob
jamboruss
kevinref
King prawn
maroonsgotop
Mid Clader Jambo
poultry
Saint Jambo
Sooperstar
The Frenchman Returns

Bloody referee.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nope.

The next challenge, to be posted tomorrow, will be an easy one.  The result is almost a foregone conclusion.  :wink:

Bugger.

If it’s what I think then it’s easily a .....home win.

1 hour ago, poultry said:

I knew you were going to do that Maple. ?

You're 4 for 6 in the competition.  A man of your skill has nothing to worry about.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

You're 4 for 6 in the competition.  A man of your skill has nothing to worry about.  :thumbsup:

Now you've gone and jinx me. Lol

48 minutes ago, King prawn said:

You're a cruel, cruel Administrator :(

I'll get back to you on this one... 

*sniff*  That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in 2018.  :laugh:

42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Bugger.

If it’s what I think then it’s easily a .....home win.

Almost a nice comeback for you.  You'll ace the next competition.

Mid Calder Jambo
48 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Three predictions in, eleven still to come.

Stop hassling this is a difficult one.  Do you go head or heart.

25 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Head or heart?  That gives you the same answer, no?

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Exactly, this is the toughest one so far. ??

It's tough for us contestants already out too! Our best hope would be that no-one gets it right and thus the prize rolls over to the next competition. Realistically, for that to happen in this case though...

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

It's tough for us contestants already out too! Our best hope would be that no-one gets it right and thus the prize rolls over to the next competition. Realistically, for that to happen in this case though...

I'm tempted to go away just to stop that eventuality.

THIS IS NOT MY PREDICTION MODS!!! :)

On 13/01/2018 at 16:18, Maple Leaf said:

Here is the second challenge of the Elimination Stage.  There are 14 players left in the game.

Hearts vs Hibernian.  Sunday, January 21, 2018.

The outcome possibilities are: Home Win, or Away Win, or Draw.  Each player chooses one of the outcomes by posting on this thread before the round deadline.

The deadline for posting is Friday, January 19 at 3PM Edinburgh time.

Reminder for those who have not yet submitted their prediction.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Reminder for those who have not yet submitted their prediction.

We're waiting on Naismith. Haud your horses! :)

58 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

We're waiting on Naismith. Haud your horses! :)

:waiting:

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

:waiting:

I've seen seagulls do that. Are you trying to look for worms?

I’m really struggling to make a prediction this time. I’ve even put a note in my work diary to remind me. I think it’ll be a last minute impulse decision. ??

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I’m really struggling to make a prediction this time. I’ve even put a note in my work diary to remind me. I think it’ll be a last minute impulse decision. ??

Go on you know you want to

On 13/01/2018 at 16:18, Maple Leaf said:

Here is the second challenge of the Elimination Stage.  There are 14 players left in the game.

Hearts vs Hibernian.  Sunday, January 21, 2018.

The outcome possibilities are: Home Win, or Away Win, or Draw.  Each player chooses one of the outcomes by posting on this thread before the round deadline.

The deadline for posting is Friday, January 19 at 3PM Edinburgh time.

As always on a Thursday, this is the Last Call for this week's challenge.

Deadline is tomorrow afternoon at 3PM.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to JKB Sole Survivor competition. LAST CALL on this week's challenge.

The clever move at this stage is clearly to back an away win. If it is a home win you just move on to another game with at least 5 others and with Naismith signing, probably close to 10. Draw you are looking at 2 others and probably another few on that result. Whereas at the moment if you go away win, you are on a clear run for the prize money if Hibs win and I doubt they get many backers. So on that basis...

HOME WIN!

Winning by back Hibs to beat Hearts in the cup? You can keep your tainted prize money.

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The clever move at this stage is clearly to back an away win. If it is a home win you just move on to another game with at least 5 others and with Naismith signing, probably close to 10. Draw you are looking at 2 others and probably another few on that result. Whereas at the moment if you go away win, you are on a clear run for the prize money if Hibs win and I doubt they get many backers. So on that basis...

HOME WIN!

Winning by back Hibs to beat Hearts in the cup? You can keep your tainted prize money.

Exactly my thought processes. :)

I just cant get myself to back Hibs, even though by both our reckonings it's the logical play!

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

HOME WIN!

This is why I’ve been holding off. I was hoping on a few more signings. I’m not confident at all. Do I go away win, I’ll be over the moon if we win but I’ll have money to give to charity if we don’t. I just can’t make my mind up. The pressure! I’ll decide lunch time tomorrow. 

Allowayjambo1874

Like most others I was holding off but I’m working tomorrow and I will forget to post if I don’t now.

Cant bring myself to go away though that’s probably the best move to get the cash so go draw (and hope I’m out after we smash them) 

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

HOME WIN!

My thoughts exactly. I just can't find it in me to right those two words so I choose another two HOME WIN. Right oh dear......

Right. After much deliberation and flirting with away win just because nobody else has gone for it I have made my decision. It’s HOME WIN.

When I compared last years cup team to this years we are miles ahead and I really do think we’ll win. My sensible Hibby friend at work also thinks we’ll win so home win it is. Phew! 

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Maple leaf, how many still to make a selection?

You're the last one .... and you only have minutes left!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shanks said no
15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

For charity only..away win

Someone has to cover all the bases.

In which case HOME WIN

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

As Brian Clough almost said "as far as I'm concerned you can throw all your prize money in the bin because you got it from betting on Hibs to beat Hearts".

:smile:

An AWAY WIN has been selected by the following survivor.

CJGJ

Obviously, if the Hobos get lucky and sneak a win through cheating, the Sole Survivor game is over.

A DRAW has been selected by the following survivors.  Obviously counting on a late, dubious penalty awarded to Hibs.

Allowayjambo1874
kevinref
maroonsgotop
Sooperstar

A HOME WIN has been selected by the following intrepid Hearts supporters. :smile:

GYL
Helzibob
jamboruss
King prawn
Mid Calder Jambo
poultry
Saint Jambo
The Frenchman Returns

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I was going to do away win just to cover all eventualities but for the first time in years I am actually feeling quite optimistic about the derby so had to go home win. 

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

An AWAY WIN has been selected by the following survivor.

CJGJ

Obviously, if the Hobos get lucky and sneak a win through cheating, the Sole Survivor game is over.

giphy.gif

• Maple Leaf changed the title to JKB Sole Survivor competition. Fifth challenge posted.

Archived