Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division

Big Slim Stylee

Big Slim Stylee

Finally got round to reading this.

Seriously if you're from a certain generation - and I'm just a wee bit ahead there, but know the music so well - it's a fantastic read. 

Funny, raw and ultimately, desperately sad.

Stick a copy in someone's Christmas stocking. They really will thank you for it.

Fitzroy Pointon

Mentioned it in another thread I got that and Hooky's Hacienda book for a fiver in HMV in the summer. Really enjoyed it. Thing is the members of Joy Division along with Rob Gretton were just normal guys, there's no arty-farty stuff you get with a lot of Joy Division stuff, like the documentary interviews with Genesis P Orridge, I have no idea what he/she is on about half the time. 

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Mentioned it in another thread I got that and Hooky's Hacienda book for a fiver in HMV in the summer. Really enjoyed it. Thing is the members of Joy Division along with Rob Gretton were just normal guys, there's no arty-farty stuff you get with a lot of Joy Division stuff, like the documentary interviews with Genesis P Orridge, I have no idea what he/she is on about half the time. 

That's what really got me as well. To the rest of the band, Curtis was just their mate who was as much a lad as the rest of them, not some art house visionary :)

Archived