We can finish in the top 4

DB-14

We are running out of excuses. The Tynecastle one hasn't played out too well...

We really need an excellent January window, but we don't have previous there...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

4 goals we've scored at home this season.

I will be very surprised if there are many bums on the seats of our shiny new stand on Saturday.  

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It really is an awful record.

Hamilton and Dundee games are huge. I worry about us losing the first goal in games 

I think you worry if your pants and socks don't match!

You worry, I'll look forward to our charge up the table.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will be very surprised if there are many bums on the seats of our shiny new stand on Saturday.  

No rugby this weekend so there should be a full house.

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

We are running out of excuses. The Tynecastle one hasn't played out too well...

We really need an excellent January window, but we don't have previous there...

We need to offload first and who the **** would even take any of our useless dross - even if given away for free.  We then have a scouting system that mirrors our players - not fit for purpose.  Levein's heart is not in it either - does he even give a shit?

Call me a big fat negative Nelly but I am not overly confident January will make any positive difference.  Players like Cole Stockton were the type of players Fenlol/Butcher and Lolderwood were bringing in at Hibs a few years back.  That ladies and gentlemen is where we are at.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We need to offload first and who the **** would even take any of our useless dross - even if given away for free.  We then have a scouting system that mirrors our players - not fit for purpose.  Levein's heart is not in it either - does he even give a shit?

Call me a big fat negative Nelly but I am not overly confident January will make any positive difference.  Platers like Cole Stockton were the type of players Fenlol/Butcher and Lolderwood were bringing in at Hibs a few years back.  That ladies and gentlemen is where we are at.

You’re a big fat negative nelly. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You’re a big fat negative nelly. 

It is cushions for cuddling

:sob:

:

To be quite honest, we don't deserve top 4. As a club we have traditionally targeted top 3 so despite not deserving it because of how much of a trainwreck this season has become, it feels very unambitious.

Obviously Hibs have a decent manager and stability and the Huns have a better calibre of player making top 4 (or even top 3) a very difficult challenge this season. It just leaves me a bit salty because had we prepared properly and built a balanced squad we'd be challenging Hibs and the huns for top 3 rather than praying one of them ****s up and we can nab it that way.

To be fair we haven't played great the last couple of games but should really have had 6 points - 4 at worst.

We need to be clinical and with Isma upfront we will never be that - he's a 1 in 5 kinda guy.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Call me a big fat negative Nelly but I am not overly confident January will make any positive difference.  Players like Cole Stockton were the type of players Fenlol/Butcher and Lolderwood were bringing in at Hibs a few years back.  That ladies and gentlemen is where we are at.

Bringing in English lower league and youngsters from EPL squads was exactly what the people who were fed up with "foreign mercenaries" were calling for us to do!!...Even when the club does exactly what the complainers want, they get criticism heaped upon them.

19 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I think you worry if your pants and socks don't match!

You worry, I'll look forward to our charge up the table.

When is this foray up the table likely to happen Toshy? 

We can't beat anyone yet you talk as though a miraculous great run is imminent.

I'll let you into a secret - these players haven't got a good run of results in them

Stats don't lie I'm afraid Toshy 

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Bringing in English lower league and youngsters from EPL squads was exactly what the people who were fed up with "foreign mercenaries" were calling for us to do!!...Even when the club does exactly what the complainers want, they get criticism heaped upon them.

No. We have signed complete shite. There is a difference 

Anyway our two loan signings are going back to their parent clubs in January 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Aye but not big huddies.  Plenty gems in the English lower leagues if we have scouts with ability................oh wait a minute.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

When is this foray up the table likely to happen Toshy? 

We can't beat anyone yet you talk as though a miraculous great run is imminent.

I'll let you into a secret - these players haven't got a good run of results in them

Stats don't lie I'm afraid Toshy 

It's happening, 

When we win on sat, we'll be three unbeaten. ?

36 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

No rugby this weekend so there should be a full house.

LoL. I was at the rugby on Saturday. I wont be at Tynecastle this Saturday. Quite easy to find other things to do at this time of year, especially when the football drops down the 'must see' attraction ladder like a stone.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

LoL. I was at the rugby on Saturday. I wont be at Tynecastle this Saturday. Quite easy to find other things to do at this time of year, especially when the football drops down the 'must see' attraction ladder like a stone.

Not even ashamed to admit that I am enjoying watching Scotland playing rugby more than I am watching Hearts at the moment.

I'll be there this Saturday though.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I taken our game over the rugby but at a wedding this weekend.

The playing at home every week isn't  great.

Week on/ week off is why I only got to hone games!

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I taken our game over the rugby but at a wedding this weekend.

The playing at home every week isn't  great.

Week on/ week off is why I only got to hone games!

To be fair I had freeby corporates for the Rugby and couldn't get out of it if I wanted to (work related) or I'd have been at Tynecastle probably. This Saturday I have an optional drinks do in town or Tynecastle. I'll be going for the drinks do.

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Oh I see, it's the fans' fault. Of course, its so obvious now. I was thinking it was Craig Levein's fault for picking a manager with no experience, an old pal from DUFC and deciding to award 3 year contracts to absolute duds. Or for touting another old pal from DUFC as our next inexperienced manager. But it's the fans fault of course

If we can get 7 points from our next 3 games. 

Then 4 or 5 points from the games v St Johnstone, Hibs and Aberdeen then we're cooking with gas. 

Sign a proper LB, LW with pace and a Quality CM player in January, beat Hibs in the Cup and we go from there. 

Absolutely essential we beat Hamilton this weekend though to get the ball rolling. If not, it's no happening. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we can get 7 points from our next 3 games. 

Then 4 or 5 points from the games v St Johnstone, Hibs and Aberdeen then we're cooking with gas. 

Sign a proper LB, LW with pace and a Quality CM player in January, beat Hibs in the Cup and we go from there. 

Absolutely essential we beat Hamilton this weekend though to get the ball rolling. If not, it's no happening. 

Agree and giving the swing beating well and hibs is important.

Need the finger oot, Hamilton are perfect for us.

45 minutes ago, Spencer said:

No. We have signed complete shite. There is a difference 

Anyway our two loan signings are going back to their parent clubs in January 

Has that been confirmed?

I would say none of us are happy with the way things stand, but other than playing through this situation I find it hard to see an alternative.

Yes, we need to empty the duds. But, if you aren't happy with having two or three young lads in the team what would happen if we'd have five or six playing.

Also, it would cost a fortune to empty these guys so where's the money coming from to accomplish this?

At the same time as half the squad is ejected from the club some also want Levein and the whole coaching staff removed  - that equates to paying them off, again how do we raise the funds to remove them and then the additional expense of bringing-in the new manger and coaches and players? 

I think for the moment, I'll do my part and support the team in every way I can, sorry if that is regarded by some on here as a "loser" mentality but I am yet to hear a viable alternative described on here.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Has that been confirmed?

Club haven't confirmed it as yet

Heard on Saturday that Randall is going back to Liverpool in January 

cousinsofnoone

I remain onside and positive (if thoroughly bored).

However, Michael Smith's statement sounds more like worries about crowd sizes melting than any reasonable assessment of the quality of the players we have.

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

18 league goals in our last 25 league games!!!  And people think we will finish top 4. Jesus Christ. 

Surprised it is that many tbh.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Theres a difference with briging in lower league English players from the championship and League One to briging in big huddies from the 5th tier of English football.

Also what about Grzelak and Milinkovic? Are they not classed as "foreign mercenaries"??

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

18 league goals in our last 25 league games!!!  And people think we will finish top 4. Jesus Christ. 

The absolute mind boggling level of head burying delusion on this forum will see predictions for Saturday on here of 3 nil Hearts, 4 nil Hearts etc with obligatory qutoes of "think last week may have been the kick up the arse we needed".

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

6 SPL wins in all of 2017 tell me that we will not finish top 4. I realy am sick to the back teeth of Levein's losers talking a good game in the media/social media. Stop insulting our intelligence will you please. 

6 wins in 11 months? I had no idea it was that bad. Seriously. 

That is atrocious for a club of Hearts size and really does show how much the stand has papered over the cracks on the pitch. 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

6 wins in 11 months? I had no idea it was that bad. Seriously. 

That is atrocious for a club of Hearts size and really does show how much the stand has papered over the cracks on the pitch. 

Is 8 or 9 I believe, was 2 off. Still an absolute outrage.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The absolute mind boggling level of head burying delusion on this forum will see predictions for Saturday on here of 3 nil Hearts, 4 nil Hearts etc with obligatory qutoes of "think last week may have been the kick up the arse we needed".

:facepalm:

No, we will just keep moving the start of the season to the right. It starts against Hibs. Then it starts after the january window. Then itll be "seasons a right off anyway". 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

No, we will just keep moving the start of the season to the right. It starts against Hibs. Then it starts after the january window. Then itll be "seasons a right off anyway". 

Then people like me will post predictions showing they grasp reality and have at least a modicum of sanity and say I think we will lose or draw and get shot down for it and called a Hobo.

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This!!!

Doesnt seem that long ago since we got embarrassingly emptied out of the League Cup back in July and everyone said "the season starts now"

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

This!!!

Doesnt seem that long ago since we got embarrassingly emptied out of the League Cup back in July and everyone said "the season starts now"

I would love someone in my work/profession to be continually shite then say after a few months/years "right ok, my employment starts now". How are these losers getting away with this!

For clarity this is our 2017 league record. We have exactly 32pts from 32 games. It’s most definitely bottom 6 form. To give some context ICT finished on 34pts to be relegated and Motherwell finished in 9th whilst averaging exactly a point a game on 38pts.

8 wins 

16 defeats

8 draws 

Goals for 30

Goals against 44

In 2017 we have also failed to beat Championship Hibs twice, Championship Raith twice (over 90 minutes), Championship Dunfermline and lost to league 2 Peterhead.

A_A wehatethehibs

Yeah we can get top 4, of course it's right to believe it is possible. 

All we need is a miracle turnaround. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Kinda disagree, I wanted to see us bring in promising Scottish youngsters like Quitongo and the LB at Morton. I don't see any value in taking youngsters from the EPL. They're never going to loan us anyone with real quality. R.e english lower league, I agree. A lot of people were pointing to Motherwell with Louis Moult and saying that we should be looking in those markets.

Just had a thought, Motherwell's recruitment has been decent, our recruitment has been dreadful. What could Motherwells head scout do with greater resources? Is it time for Murray to hang things up and let the club try someone new?

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

For clarity this is our 2017 league record. We have exactly 32pts from 32 games. It’s most definitely bottom 6 form. To give some context ICT finished on 34pts to be relegated and Motherwell finished in 9th whilst averaging exactly a point a game on 38pts.

8 wins 

16 defeats

8 draws 

Goals for 30

Goals against 44

In 2017 we have also failed to beat Championship Hibs twice, Championship Raith twice (over 90 minutes), Championship Dunfermline and lost to league 2 Peterhead.

That truly is frightening. 25% win record this year! Awful. This can’t continue much longer.

17 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

8 wins 

16 defeats

8 draws 

Goals for 30

Goals against 44

The tragic thing is that it will probably be 8 wins still on 31.12.2017

18 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

8 wins 

16 defeats

8 draws 

Goals for 30

Goals against 44

Stevie Frail and Mcgglyn would both be ashamed of that.  Levein is as bad as Cathro - not even slightly joking.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Stevie Frail and Mcgglyn would both be ashamed of that.  Levein is as bad as Cathro - not even slightly joking.

He doesn't seem the same guy that left us back before Vlad came in. I do wonder if he's lost his hunger for management..

Perhaps having such a safe job has diminished his hunger?

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

He doesn't seem the same guy that left us back before Vlad came in. I do wonder if he's lost his hunger for management..

People need to start realising he is doing a job that he does not want to do.

Cant understand why some on here think he wants to be in the dugout and doing post match interviews after every bad result / performance rather than sitting in his comfy padded seat in the main stand.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I can't even begin to tell you as I am sure you and everyone (non Hibees) will know what an immense couple of seasons and overall job Levein and Houston did at Hearts 14 odd years ago.  It is as if he needs Houston.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't even begin to tell you as I am sure you and everyone (non Hibees) will know what an immense couple of seasons and overall job Levein and Houston did at Hearts 14 odd years ago.  It is as if he needs Houston.

We could probably do with another coach or two. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think one of the issues is that football has evolved a hell of a lot in that period. That doesn't mean its got better, just different. Playing the way he did 14 years ago made us hard to beat. Playing the same way now makes it hard to win, if that makes sense. Same thing happened with JJ. He just couldn't cut it second time around. He's a dinosaur IMO.

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Club haven't confirmed it as yet

Heard on Saturday that Randall is going back to Liverpool in January 

Wouldn’t be a surprise for both to go back. 

Archived