What does Milinkovic bring to the team?

Jodami

I realise he has only had a couple of starts and I have no complaints about the guys commitment or attitude but I wonder what he actually brings to the team. He is not a wide player who outpaces full backs and as yet I have not seen massive evidence that he has an abundance of tricks to beat an opponent. I actually wonder whether Brandon may offer more in midfield as he does have good feet and can beat a man. Interested in people's thoughts and whether you think we should try to keep him.

Thought he did well today. Shouldn't really have to post this on a professional football forum but I like how he can control the ball. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

This week'so scapegoat.

Really mate? I ask a reasonable question about what a loan player brings to the team and whether we should keep him and you insinuate I am making him a scapegoat. How exactly?

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Really mate? I ask a reasonable question about what a loan player brings to the team and whether we should keep him and you insinuate I am making him a scapegoat. How exactly?

I suggest you use your eyes at games.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I suggest you use your eyes at games.

You tell me what you think he offers then, that's the general idea of starting threads.

Bazzas right boot

He's the best of what we have, however since I've seen him, I think he has a poor first touch, can't beat a player, very one footed and has a poor final ball. He can run fast in a straight line, but overall offers little, overs no more than Moore did.

Must be players like him about in Scotland, not sure we need to go far to find  players of his ilk. 

Maybe early days but offers little.

Early days so jury is out but often gives the impression he's going to do something then rarely provides the end product. I think he may fall into the flatters to deceive category, hope I'm wrong and I can be!

Passion, commitment, effort, beats players. I think he will improve as he gets up to speed with our shite league. 

Strikes me as a loaded question.

We are struggling at the moment, but today was a good performance which did not reap the rewards that were deserved. No. 11 made a positive contribution to the performance of the team.

A good team player.

35 minutes ago, Jodami said:

what do you think he brings to the team ? let's take it from there. 

I think he's alright given he hasn't played much and he's come to a league which is physicality harder and the tempo is quicker. 

He was a temporary solution and a quick fix for us given the problems we have had in wide areas. I don't think he will be here past the end of this season. 

I'd given him a bit more time yet, if he can get a bit fitter with better players around him, he might yet prove to be a good player.

Certainly the least of our problems.

14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

what do you think he brings to the team ? let's take it from there. 

Fair question. Positives are decent technique, works hard and tries to support his full back defensively and is quite deft with some of his passes and movement. Negatives are not a lightning pace winger, not elusive in the way Walker can be when on song and crossing has not been great. Not seen a great deal of goal threat yet so unsure on finishing and long range shooting.

I'm fully aware that we have made some poor signings recently and need to get recruitment right going forward and I wonder whether people think there are indications he brings enough to have any possible long term future with us.

Just now, Jodami said:

Fair question. Positives are decent technique, works hard and tries to support his full back defensively and is quite deft with some of his passes and movement. Negatives are not a lightning pace winger, not elusive in the way Walker can be when on song and crossing has not been great. Not seen a great deal of goal threat yet so unsure on finishing and long range shooting.

I'm fully aware that we have made some poor signings recently and need to get recruitment correct  going forward and I wonder whether he brings enough to have any long term future with us.

Thanks for the post. 

Nelly Terraces

It's funny watching him around with his wee gloves on doing naff all. The ultimate give everything do nothing Levein player.

A laughable **** who is totally shite.?

3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He's the best of what we have, however since I've seen him, I think he has a poor first touch, can't beat a player, very one footed and has a poor final ball. He can run fast in a straight line, but overall offers little, overs no more than Moore did.

Must be players like him about in Scotland, not sure we need to go far to find  players of his ilk. 

His work rate is fantastic, and physically he’s miles ahead of the teenagers. He was very good last week and did ok today.

ToadKiller Dog

Got me thinking of the Spanish waiter threads on Suso back in early 2010.

He was called shite keeping a better young player out of the side etc. 

Turned out fine in the end. 

Happy to give him more time. 

I think he has something. There is a good player there. But, as per usual we are not utilising him correctly and we are not getting the best out of players.

How the **** is Craig Levein still running the show?

7 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ffs, you moan that there's too many player bashing threads, and yet here you are again.

What happened to you're good game, bad game excuse for Isma, does it only apply to suit your outrage agenda. Hypocrite.

Another player we are probably paying decent wages for that could be better spent.  Will be very surprised to see him near the starting 11 come January.  

A winger that doesn't hurt teams.  Just what we need ?

A_A wehatethehibs

It can take time for foreign players to adjust and find form. He is still a relatively young guy at 23, but so far he has offered little. 

I actually think he’s done okay in the 2 games and certainly can’t fault his work rate and commitment. However in 2 Home games against bottom 6 teams I don’t think he’s had a shot on target or put in a meaningful cross. Hope it’s just a case of him finding his feet but on recent recruitment evidence I have my doubts. 

4 hours ago, amadjambo said:

His work rate is fantastic, and physically he’s miles ahead of the teenagers. He was very good last week and did ok today.

Agree. Amazing how so many fans can’t tell the difference or gauge the quality or physicality between players.

Milinkovic keeps us on the front foot instead of being under pressure or toiling to maintain possession.

I like him but I actually thought he tried to much on his own at times v RC. He needs to use Brandon more when running up a blind alley.

But he gives us strength and stronger running in that area.  He did put over a couple of disappointing balls but he equally gave us some smart pick outs on the break. 

He moves forwards with the ball.

He chases back.

He tackles.

He takes the opponent on.

He makes himself available for a pass.

It may not always come of for him but he is way way down the list when it comes to questioning what players bring to the team.

GloriousHeartz
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think he has something. There is a good player there. But, as per usual we are not utilising him correctly and we are not getting the best out of players.

How the **** is Craig Levein still running the show?

Because the man is a legend and has done more for the club than any of us will do. WHO do YOU think would be a good manager for us as to date you have wanted them all out and you still ain't happy! See wishy washy fans that can't take the tough times it gets right on my nerves. 

10 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Passion, commitment, effort, beats players. I think he will improve as he gets up to speed with our shite league. 

Where I am at the moment. Also plays with his chest puffed out, has a bit aggression about him. We need that

Played well yesterday and earns his place currently.

Can see him going from strength to strength.

Like any winger he is going to be a bit inconsistent. Better last week than yesterday. Still looks short on game time but the work rate is there.

I think he would thrive if he knows he will play week on week and also if we have competition in his position too, in order to change things about.

Guy needs time

GloriousHeartz
2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Played well yesterday and earns his place currently.

Can see him going from strength to strength.

I agree Oliver, superb player in the making.

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He moves forwards with the ball.

He chases back.

He tackles.

He takes the opponent on.

He makes himself available for a pass.

It may not always come of for him but he is way way down the list when it comes to questioning what players bring to the team.

Absolutely agree. Needs more game time to see if he can add a bit more end product.

As others say, not had enough games to really judge yet. I just hope that he improves as most of the signings we've made in the last two years look very decent then after a month or so, become as average as the rest. Still can't work out what's stopping players progressing after they get in the first team. Kitchen and Watt automatically spring to mind in that sense...looked decent the first few games then became (it seemed) uninterested. I said at the time that I wondered if Levein is restricting players' potential with poor training methods and not letting them be as creative as they want to be. Always seems that most other clubs' are a yard sharper and better organised and when it comes to winning 50-50 balls we're more often than not, second to it. Hopefully Milinkovic can buck the trend and improve rather than go backwards like almost everyone else.

I just felt slightly frustrated with him yesterday.  His workrate etc is good but when put in good position plenty times he never once tried to beat his man and get crosses in from byline.  His crossing was poor and coming from an angle that was easy to defend.  Having said that I think there's possibly more to come from him.

God like creature

I thought skinny malinky brought a bit of drive and he seemed to be working fine with young Brandon ,

it also made me smile with his prop the goalkeeper up antics,

It did however leave us a bit lacking in attack/ threat on the left side of the pitch.

8 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I just felt slightly frustrated with him yesterday.  His workrate etc is good but when put in good position plenty times he never once tried to beat his man and get crosses in from byline.  His crossing was poor and coming from an angle that was easy to defend.  Having said that I think there's possibly more to come from him.

Looks too desperate to impress but I can't blame him.

Theres times he's trying to beat 2 or 3 men instead of playing a simple pass and moving on, but then in no time he's seeing a clever pass or dragging us up the park 25, 30 yards with a run.

He's got something. He's hard for defenders to get the ball off.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Can't disagree, but I want my winger to , we'll be a winger. Go past a Player, put a cross in . Isma taken dogs, yet even he skins a man now and then.

Overall, I've not seen much quality from him and he's very one footed, emvarrangly so.

Maybe he'll get better and he is ahead of he young yins.

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, Jodami said:

I realise he has only had a couple of starts and I have no complaints about the guys commitment or attitude but I wonder what he actually brings to the team. He is not a wide player who outpaces full backs and as yet I have not seen massive evidence that he has an abundance of tricks to beat an opponent. I actually wonder whether Brandon may offer more in midfield as he does have good feet and can beat a man. Interested in people's thoughts and whether you think we should try to keep him.

Milinkovic can beat a man, just need to give him the right ball, that's been our problem for a few years we have very slow build up play, hopefully CL sorts that. I also think him and Brandon could be a great combination

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Ffs, you moan that there's too many player bashing threads, and yet here you are again.

What happened to you're good game, bad game excuse for Isma, does it only apply to suit your outrage agenda. Hypocrite.

Lol

I've not seen him have a good game, he may need time to adjust but imo he offers very little as a winger.

Isma has scored some cracking goals and beats players regularly and has earned a bad game now and then.

Thanks s he not joint top scorer for us?

A winger that has a poor final ball, a poor touch far too often, makes wrong decisions too often and doesn't seem to bs a goal threat is not what we need.

He tries and is fast, maybe he needs time.

Also, I never started the thread so unsure about your point on player bashing thread's.

Players we bring in will never be world beaters as we are simply not in that league but realistically he looks a decent player with acceptable technique.  Without being brilliant he has done reasonably well and IMO has contributed as much, or more, than Walker in the last 2 games.  Time will tell whether he has more to offer as he becomes better acquainted with the Scottish game but if he turns out to be a failure then we can at least send him back to his parent club.  One could also ask the question that if we do not play him, what other winger in the club can we bring in.  The fact that CL is quoted as saying we need 2 wingers gives you a clue to his answer.

Nelly Terraces

Has flattered to deceive thus far. Never goes past a man, & final delivery rarely reaches a Hearts player or ends in us getting a chance. 

4/10 up to this point.

He is so so frustrating, against Partick he had the running of their full back but kept wanting to come in on his right instead of getting to the byline, against County he did a wee bit more but I really don’t think he is a winger! If he is then wingers must do totally different things in other countries to what I’m used too! I hope he gets better but I also believe we could do a lot better! I thought young Moore was really positive second half against Killie! Also little off totlpic but where is Currie? He looked like a real prospect, could do with as many atticking options as possible right now.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PistolPete said:

He is so so frustrating, against Partick he had the running of their full back but kept wanting to come in on his right instead of getting to the byline, against County he did a wee bit more but I really don’t think he is a winger! If he is then wingers must do totally different things in other countries to what I’m used too! I hope he gets better but I also believe we could do a lot better! I thought young Moore was really positive second half against Killie! Also little off totlpic but where is Currie? He looked like a real prospect, could do with as many atticking options as possible right now.

He's very right footed.

Not his fault tho, he shouldn't be anywhere near the left side.

Needs a run on the right.

I'm not a fan, think he is limited, but like the left back position our left wing is also an issue.

I agree reference Moore, looked dynamic and direct v Killie.

Archived