Ford Fiesta Diagnostics

vladtheexhaler

vladtheexhaler

My engine warning light has ominously appeared so I believe I need to take it to have a diagnostic check. Am I best to take it to a Ford approved garage or will most places be able to do it? Does anyone know somewhere on the west of Edinburgh that will look at it?

heartsfc_fan

I have a fiesta, what age is yours?

Take it to the ford "peoples" garage at sighthill.

vladtheexhaler

It's an 04 plate. Only done 18k so hopefully there's nothing too serious wrong with it.

kinross jambo

you do not have to take it to a ford garage,any garage with a good reputation will have the diagnostic equipment to find and fix the fault.

vladtheexhaler
you do not have to take it to a ford garage,any garage with a good reputation will have the diagnostic equipment to find and fix the fault.

Cheers, I'll give the garage that did my MOT a bash.

The worst suggestion ive ever heard.

Hope Scott on Lanark road west are best bet

Do not go there. Place is full of crooks.

Marmeladent?rtchen

First of all do not get stung for paying for a read out of the trouble codes!! Tell the dealer to read out the code and make the money back on any repair action they make.

Engine lamp normally comes on if there is a problem with engine emissions and this is more likely to do with a faulty sensor then a major problem. Is your engine is running a bit rough ?

What age car do you have and what engine do you have. It issue might be under warranty.

If get the trouble code let me know that too.

Guest S.U.S.S.
My engine warning light has ominously appeared so I believe I need to take it to have a diagnostic check. Am I best to take it to a Ford approved garage or will most places be able to do it? Does anyone know somewhere on the west of Edinburgh that will look at it?

Mate, that could be expensive, just take out the bulb and problems solved.:)

Do not go there. Place is full of crooks.

The worst suggestion ive ever heard.

Hope Scott on Lanark road west are best bet

Will give peoples a miss then, cheers.

i have a 04 plate Focus the car kept cutting out when we were driving with the air con on we didnt know what it was phoned ford they said take it into your local dealer (at the time it was Peoples at sighthill) so we did it was in 3 times told us there was no fault no charge, now we moved and took it into evanshalshaws they decided they would run a diognositic (sp) ?99 + vat they decided it was the pollen filter now the car was still under warranty and they decided it didnt cover it in total it cost us ?180 i was absolute raging and there is a dispute still going on with ford about it.

Marmeladent?rtchen
i have a 04 plate Focus the car kept cutting out when we were driving with the air con on we didnt know what it was phoned ford they said take it into your local dealer (at the time it was Peoples at sighthill) so we did it was in 3 times told us there was no fault no charge, now we moved and took it into evanshalshaws they decided they would run a diognositic (sp) ?99 + vat they decided it was the pollen filter now the car was still under warranty and they decided it didnt cover it in total it cost us ?180 i was absolute raging and there is a dispute still going on with ford about it.

Sounds like the dealer talking pi$h to me.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Tedp, what is the VIN number of your car, it should be under the front windscreen or stamped in by the left suspension inside the engine comparment.

Marmeladent?rtchen

tedp Did replacing the pollen filter fix the issue? Is car petrol or Diesel? And did it stall at idle, ie at traffic lights etc.

vladtheexhaler

Hopped in the car to take it to the garage this morning but no engine light came on so I'm hoping it was just a little glitch.

Archived