What do you expect?

Bauld

I find the level of overreacting on here these days quite incredible. 

Nobody wants to get beat. We certainly don't want to lose to sevco or vermin.

But the levels are of the charts right now. 

The team isn't good enough. Easy to see we are weak in certain areas. Mainly left back and midfield. 

We don't have a fully fit senior midfielder on the books. Without those 4-5 experienced players we will be lucky to beat any team in the league.

Our first choice left back is injured. 

Apparently that is Levein who is to blame for that though.

Nothing to do with us having to pick up the peices from Cathros failed tenure and the players he signed. 

Having an entire group of experienced centre mids injured.

Or the fact we are renovating a stadium. Costing millions and likely having a negative impact on the player budget. 

When Levein first came in to actually take charge of the team results improved because he had a midfield and he is a good manager. Without a midfield we cannot create attacks and we cannot properly cover our defence. Henderson, Moore and Cochrane are the future not the present. They don't have the experience or the physical stature to run a midfield against older hardened professionals. 

There's nothing anyone can do about it right now. There's no transfer window and we haven't got much choice other than to wait on the injured players returning.

We may as well just accept that without an experienced midfield you can't win games. Other teams will control the game every time. 

A lot of what you say is 100% correct but at least Effort as a minimum is required all over the park? Something we are clearly not getting.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

The team isn't good enough. Easy to see we are weak in certain areas. Mainly left back and midfield. 

We don't have a fully fit senior midfielder on the books. Without those 4-5 experienced players we will be lucky to beat any team in the league.

Nothing to do with us having to pick up the peices from Cathros failed tenure and the players he signed. 

Or the fact we are renovating a stadium. Costing millions and likely having a negative impact on the player budget. 

When Levein first came in to actually take charge of the team results improved because he had a midfield and he is a good manager. Without a midfield we cannot create attacks and we cannot properly cover our defence. Henderson, Moore and Cochrane are the future not the present. They don't have the experience or the physical stature to run a midfield against older hardened professionals. 

There's nothing anyone can do about it right now. There's no transfer window and we haven't got much choice other than to wait on the injured players returning.

We may as well just accept that without an experienced midfield you can't win games. Other teams will control the game every time. 

Well said m8 

We are a shambles just now , our midfield is nothing short of a disgrace to be honest . 

We played well in the first half today but fell apart in the second . So frustrating but you have to stick with it till we can rectify all these mistakes . Might take a season , might take 3 but spleen venting on here solves nothing , it's all just hot air . 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, graham said:

A lot of what you say is 100% correct but at least Effort as a minimum is required all over the park? Something we are clearly not getting.

Correct. Rangers have spent millions but every player in maroon should match the workrate and desire of their opponents.

Imagine a Director of Football and someone who is the ear and eyes of the owner on the footballing side allowing us to go in to a season with the squad of absolute shite that we have and a midfield that is absolute devoid of guile and pace - something that has been highlighted on here for 18 months.

How culpable % wise is hard to determine but lets not make out Levein is not blameless to the piss poor situation we are in at the moment.

Its not too bad the reaction

That was dire today 

We helped give Rangers the confidence they needed. Its reasonable to expect we can put some play together but we seem incapable. Lewis Moore a winger came in but there was no attempt to get him on the ball. 

Some players notably Cochrane (of course forgiven being 16) and Grezlek were not at races. Souttar and Berra outmuscled too. 

Never too hard on missed chances but Callachan scores and its possibly game over. 

Just really poor. And the worst is its not obvious where the improvement is coming from. 

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Well said m8 

We are a shambles just now , our midfield is nothing short of a disgrace to be honest . 

We played well in the first half today but fell apart in the second . So frustrating but you have to stick with it till we can rectify all these mistakes . Might take a season , might take 3 but spleen venting on here solves nothing , it's all just hot air . 

We didn't play well in the first half.

Lafferty scored a cracking free kick but most of it was absolute dross.

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

We didn't play well in the first half.

Lafferty scored a cracking free kick but most of it was absolute dross.

We played much better in the first half than  the previous 2 games and got forward a lot more a bit like the 2nd half of the Aberdeen game , but if it's slick passing   and moving , fast paced ball control football your after, your going to the wrong stadium , it's all relevant . We played well considering how shir we are/have been playing . 

fabienleclerq

Our Head coach was the DOF while this squad was built. He has to take some of the blame for where the squad is.

He talked about his role looking beyond head coaches and signing players to fill gaps when the acadamy doesn't produce for certain positions. He let every winger leave and didn't replace them.

He talked about playing the same style from first team through the acadamy, then signed a gaffer who wanted to play 3 at the back.

i like Levein I still think he's the best head coach available but he's talked the talk as DOF and we have  the worse squad I can remember in 30 years..

14 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Jesus wept... Not sure where to begin with that and i'm not gonna try.. i guess it's all about perspective eh.. good grief

Over reacting to getting slaughtered twice in a week. :facepalm:

Look at the bigger picture, We're in a terrible situation. 

Heads in the sand man. Where do we get the money from to bring new players in if we don't meet minimum expectations for the second season running? 

Big wake up call needed. **** what's happening off the park, aye very nice, that'll not matter a sook if we can't do it on the park. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yes. Because Levein has absolutely nothing to do with our squad building. Absolutely nothing. Not his remit, not his business, never got involved.

Some top class apologists on this site.

Fans are rightly frustrated and angry. All we hear about is the big brand new shiny stand. We are soft right through the club and that includes the support.

MacDonald Jardine
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We played much better in the first half than  the previous 2 games and got forward a lot more a bit like the 2nd half of the Aberdeen game , but if it's slick passing   and moving , fast paced ball control football your after, your going to the wrong stadium , it's all relevant . We played well considering how shir we are/have been playing . 

So we played well in comparison to the absolute mess we have been?

Okay then. 

12 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Imagine a Director of Football and someone who is the ear and eyes of the owner on the footballing side allowing us to go in to a season with the squad of absolute shite that we have and a midfield that is absolute devoid of guile and pace - something that has been highlighted on here for 18 months.

How culpable % wise is hard to determine but lets not make out Levein is not blameless to the piss poor situation we are in at the moment.

It’s his fault, no two ways about it

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, daveyhmfc said:

Fans are rightly frustrated and angry. All we hear about is the big brand new shiny stand. We are soft right through the club and that includes the support.

Yes but you're not seeing the bigger picture. 

Once the stand is built We'll dominate Scottish football!

Change our owner to Romanov and our director of football to malofeev/ivanauskas this place would be completely different. 

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

So we played well in comparison to the absolute mess we have been?

Okay then. 

Yeah that's it , glad you got it , now go and moan like **** about how shite we are to someone else  it's draining 

16 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

He's been a major factor in the players we brung in, that was his job as Director of Football yet nobody seems to get that. 

2 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

I'm not saying he is blameless. 

But perspective.

We're putting our hopes of controlling a midfield on a 16 year old because we don't have anyone else fit to do so.

Levein gave the coaches final say on the players they wanted. That is very important. Cathro was kept on too long but his initial signing was something many could see the merits in.

And in terms of it being a piss poor situation we are mid table without playing a single home game. Murrayfield isn't Tynecastle. 

In the near future we stand to increase our income considerably. 

We have another crop of very promising youth coming through. 

Losing a couple of matches is not something I'll lose sleep over given the circumstances. The future is still very bright for us hearts fans.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Yeah that's it , glad you got it , now go and moan like **** about how shite we are to someone else  it's draining 

Yes it is draining but it's reality and we have to live with it.

There's no point kidding on we aren't shite though.

21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. Rangers have spent millions but every player in maroon should match the workrate and desire of their opponents.

Spot on! ?

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

But perspective.

We're putting our hopes of controlling a midfield on a 16 year old because we don't have anyone else fit to do so.

Levein gave the coaches final say on the players they wanted. That is very important. Cathro was kept on too long but his initial signing was something many could see the merits in.

And in terms of it being a piss poor situation we are mid table without playing a single home game. Murrayfield isn't Tynecastle. 

Losing a couple of matches is not something I'll lose sleep over given the circumstances. The future is still very bright for us hearts fans.

I think I agree with a lot of the things you say. However you must see we've been well below the level required for at least three years it's not like we just appeared here.

Just now, Bauld said:

But perspective.

Would imagine Austin McPhee will be coming under scrutiny aswell .The general consensus was that he was involved  in a lot of the Cathro era signings . 

Most apart  Big Lafferty have been poor and aren't cutting it . 

Huge game next week against Killie, a good start for Stevie Clarke with away draws to Celtic and Rangers.  We really need 3 points to keep a bit of distance between us.

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes it is draining but it's reality and we have to live with it.

There's no point kidding on we aren't shite though.

I know we are shite MJ I'm watching it every week , j just posted we played decent in the first half , compared to the last two games , which we were horrendous and you pulled me up . That's your opinion and it's fine , but be under no illusions j know how shire we are and the mess we are in n8!. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

I know we are shite MJ I'm watching it every week , j just posted we played decent in the first half , compared to the last two games , which we were horrendous and you pulled me up . That's your opinion and it's fine , but be under no illusions j know how shire we are and the mess we are in n8!. 

Fair enough. 

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I think I agree with a lot of the things you say. However you must see we've been well below the level required for at least three years it's not like we just appeared here.

I do agree with that and I have always said we have gone about recruitment in the wrong way.

Our biggest problems started in January.

Demolishing the squad was a massive error.

All successful teams base their success on a squad that has gelled together over years. In Scotland Aberdeen are doing it, Celtic do it and now Hibs are finding success by doing it as well.

Wholesale changes are never the answer. It's better to have an average team than a group of good players who don't know each other. You can then add 1 or 2 players to key positions needing strengthened and promote youth when possible.

4 minutes ago, Papa John said:

Huge game next week against Killie, a good start for Stevie Clarke with away draws to Celtic and Rangers.  We really need 3 points to keep a bit of distance between us.

There's a strange thing, win next week and we'll have taken more points than Steve Clarke has in his good start.

41 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Levein is always to blaim even when he wins he’s to blame. 

Next game we could have 4 midfield players injured plus Hughes and I’m playing left back.

Very simple OP. People have had enough of being taken for granted. We are a ****ing shambles and nobody within the club gives a toss. They think that the fanbase is just going to continue to bail them out time after time whilst they make shite decision after shite decision. Wasting the huge sums of money the support have backed them with.

No evidence out with the laughable, farcical, disgraceful appointment of Levein as Head Coach is required to prove my point as to how they think we all button up the back. A piss take of the highest order.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
10 minutes ago, Papa John said:

Yes it is huge. Leveins career & reputation is on the line this season quite frankly. Also if he fails in his remit this season I want him the **** out of this football club. The mans like a parasite the way he inveigled his way into the plans when budge took over. Absolute madness to give him carte blanche with overseeing transfers given what has transpired. Lessons learned for Ann hopefully. In future we won’t let a snake oil salesman charlatan play russian roulette with the clubs finances. Yes Levein deserves credit for the championship season and he got it. However ever since then he has been a complete and utter disaster as DOF in wasted signings & managerial appointments (& I include his own in that).

Polmont Hearts

Its alfight at Tynie, we have a 5 year plan, tartan rug over the knees fams who hate anybody criticising the team and a new stand. What more can we want?? ****ing pathetic. New stand?? A new morgue the way we are going. All those tartan rug happy clappers can **** off too!! No ****ing passion these ****ers!!

Let's be honest.  I think Killie must be clear favourites next weekend.  We are a shambles.

The squad is an embarrassment.  There is clearly something very wrong with our scouts and the first team coaches.  I wouldn't expect a pub team to give the ball away as frequently as we have been.

We seem to field a team mostly made up of waifs!   Visually - we have half players who look as if they need the services of a dietician,  a year in the gym and a course on what's the point of being a team.

You watch the teams line up ready to come out.  Hibs - muscle all over.  Celtic - muscle.   Rangers - muscle but not as smart and cohesive as Hibs and Celtic.  Compared to us - we look like skinny pale schoolboys who haven't had a decent meal in a month.  Their players are springy - ours look like they'll fall over or snap in two.

Our players don't seem to be able to think well on the spot.  Too much waiting to see what's happening instead of making it happen.  The number of times you see a player looking around him, sticking his arms out who can't seem to decide what to do with the ball is really frustrating.

We need some meat in the team because our players look as if they don't get any.  But, on performance, we have recently seen some sparks of really good play.  Walker I think really tries - but again he's a skinny little thing and needs service from really strong muscle and energy and really smart opportunist thinking to get the ball into the net.

McPhee, I think, needs some scrutiny here - both on scouting target criteria and coaching.

We have a team which does look as if it tries more now- but there seems to be a paucity of brains to seek opportunities and surprise on the pitch.  The players now look as if there is a little bit of confidence at times - but we are severely out-muscled by even the lower end teams.

No strong opinions on Levein really but he's managed to skip a lot criticism since he came in, rightly or wrongly, and taking the main job this year was clearly him accepting it's time to stand up and be counted. So far he's done terribly and based on a squad of 20-whatever we must have two players you'd fancy as comfortably top 4 Premiership players.  I think he, and more importantly Ann Budge, will know that his employment won't continue much longer unless things change. 

I expected to at least give one of the worst 'Rangers' sides of my lifetime a game.

I clearly expected way too much.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

There's a lot in your post that is common sense and I would agree with with but there's something that really bugs me about the current mess that never gets a mention.

Cathro was backed to stay on and fix this mess - so i was expecting at the start of the season we would see (or begin to see) those yawning gaps filled in the team in the close season. But nothing happened. So, yeah, having Cowie , Djoum et al available  might have  made a difference in terms of their experience but the skills shortage, the pace - it's still THE  major issue with the team. 

So why was nothing done ? Didn't they trust Cathro to fix it or don't we have the money to do it ? I'm speaking rhetorically here.  There isn't going to be any major improvement in the team when the missing guys come back, that's for sure.  

Maybe my expectations are ridiculously high what with the new stand and all that, but I kind of thought we would have been able to sign a competent left footed left back under Craig Levein's tenure. Pie I'm the sky thinking apparently.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

agree with everything so far

which 4-5? I count Djuom, Cowie and Hughes and Hughes isn't even a midfielder.

So why don't we have a viable and competent replacement? Also I firmly believe we need to get a LB in general as our last actual LB was Adam Eckersley. 

yes he is partially to blame for not citing a suitable backup in his time above cathro as DOF. I don't buy shifting all the blame to Cathro.

Like I said above I'm not sure Cathro is 100% to blame for this and there is no evidence he did all of our recruitment when he was in charge.

Once again I count 2 injured, and I fully expect us to have suitable backups and not just to rely on school kids.

Budge stated (and it's down on record) that this was not going to affect Nielson's (at the time manager) player budget. did this change, and if so why?

agreed.

yes sad but IMO was avoidable through better recruitment and planning.

I don't want to accept mediocrity and I don't think that makes me 'knee jerk' or 'over reacting'

Just my thoughts/point of view and by no means fact.

bringonthesevco

all the talk of “wait until we get back to Tynecastle” is a bit wishful thinking if you ask me .  Today we’ve seen the worst attempt at left-back I’ve ever seen , and one of the most inept performances from a Hearts midfield ....What will change at tynecastle ? Djoum might be back - the same player that had about 2 good games for us in the last 7 months ???

we've not had 1 genuinely good result this season and I struggle to see where one is coming from (and before anyone says Kilmarnock, Ross  County - we SHOULD be expecting to beat them) 

8 minutes ago, Blekksprut said:

Djoum, Martin, Cowie, Buaben and Callachan all struggling for fitness and Beith must be the same. Plus Smith-Brown and Hughes.

Left back I agree. It's become our new bogey position like striker was for about 8 years.

The club said they were going to try and use utility players as back up for certain situations. 

Budge said that before we went over by about 2 million. I don't believe it for a second that a club of our size in Scotland can do all that work and it not affect other areas of the club such as playing staff. 

I wasn't accepting mediocrity I was saying that it is better to have patience and build gradually than to rip up the script and start again every window. 

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Djoum, Martin, Cowie, Buaben and Callachan all struggling for fitness and Beith must be the same. Plus Smith-Brown and Hughes.

Left back I agree. It's become our new bogey position like striker was for about 8 years.

The club said they were going to try and use utility players as back up for certain situations. 

Budge said that before we went over by about 2 million. I don't believe it for a second that a club of our size in Scotland can do all that work and it not affect other areas of the club such as playing staff. 

I wasn't accepting mediocrity I was saying that it is better to have patience and build gradually than to rip up the script and start again every window. 

ok fair. but Buaben isn't an option at all lol. Not too sure on Martin either. Recruitment has been a miserable failure though and that is really starting to show now.

42 minutes ago, Blekksprut said:

Think you speak for many of us mate

Archived