On the basis that MIAMI doesn't come........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

..........where does our Leader turn to:confused:

Does he really have the balls to pluck his current Cowness puppet and drop him in the Gorgie Hot Seat:eek:

If he does there WILL be a reaction from Hearts fans - so Vlad pick up the bloody phone and get talking to Davies, thats my last plea

200milesfromgorgie

loads of decent european managers we have been link (or rumoured to be linked) with. Why can't he pull his finger out and call one of these guys. "its your team herse some pocket money to spend on players" easy.

Who am i kidding? or maybe i know something you all dont? (i dont :( )

Darth Sidious

Surely Lothar Matthaus would be a reasonable fall back. Raddy Antic, Klaus Toppermoeller. All bigger names that this Weiss, why should Hearts be held back waiting again. End of the month for Weiss is not good enough, while Clum 'Dance Nation' Elliot is still at the club.

It's all speculation at present, but I'd assume Thor / Butcher would still be on the list. Though would they accept being second choice?

Simplest thing for Romanov would be a phonecall to Ziggy, not the best for us though as it would just be another full revolution of the merry-go-round.

It's all speculation at present, but I'd assume Thor / Butcher would still be on the list. Though would they accept being second choice?

Simplest thing for Romanov would be a phonecall to Ziggy, not the best for us though as it would just be another full revolution of the merry-go-round.

they imo would tell us where to go!

it`s just another balls up by vlad , i wish we would all wake up and realise what this numpty is doing to our club!!

how much more lie after lie can we all take??:confused::confused::mad:

..........where does our Leader turn to:confused:

Does he really have the balls to pluck his current Cowness puppet and drop him in the Gorgie Hot Seat:eek:

If he does there WILL be a reaction from Hearts fans - so Vlad pick up the bloody phone and get talking to Davies, thats my last plea

What kind of reaction? The mass renewal of season tickets kind? :eek:

I'm not sure exactly what you expect to happen the next time A. Puppet is appointed but i bet i can guess - absolutely nothing!

I feel a reality check is needed here. I recruit regularly, and senior people at that. You do not ever meet someone for the first time on a Saturday, and have him in post a day or 2 later. Never, particularly if he/she has a job elsewhere.

You can be sure, for example that Chelsea had Big Phil lined up weeks ago. ( and yes, perhaps plan b should have been further advanced)

Clerry Jambo

I'm not sure exactly what you expect to happen the next time A. Puppet is appointed but i bet i can guess - absolutely nothing!

No more s/t sales and minimal walk up punters - to make it simple for you - a nowhere near full Tynie next season - that maybe cause a few ripples in the Boardroom.

You call 9000 as "mass renewal" - don't think so

No more s/t sales and minimal walk up punters - to make it simple for you - a nowhere near full Tynie next season - that maybe cause a few ripples in the Boardroom.

You call 9000 as "mass renewal" - don't think so

Please re read HoG post then post again, cheers ;)

Unfortunately you are right, Vlad can do what he likes and many on here will still say - give Vlad another chance, he'll have a plan B, we'll win the league next season, he did save us from Murrayfield and so on and so on.

Jam Tarts 1874

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-target-Weiss-snubs-Romanov.4195711.jp

Hearts target Weiss snubs Romanov

DEADLINE: Artmedia Bratislava boss Vladimir Weiss

Published Date: 18 June 2008

By MARK BONTHRONE and BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS' bid to bring Vladimir Weiss to Tynecastle is in danger of collapsing after the Slovakian failed to meet a deadline set by the club.

The Jambos instructed Artmedia Bratislava boss Weiss to tell them by 5.00pm yesterday whether he was interested in becoming the next manager of the club but no contact was made.

This is sure to anger Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov who will realise he is running out of time to appoint a manager with the players reporting to Riccarton for pre-season training in just a week.

Weiss impressed at an interview in Lithuania over the weekend and claimed he would announce whether he would be willing to take up a role with Hearts on Monday. When no announcement was made Hearts then set yesterday's deadline which passed without contact.

The Artmedia boss had revealed he would be interested in the Hearts vacancy but the Evening News understands that he is now hesitant about accepting a role in Edinburgh after failing to get the assurances he wanted that he would have full control of team selection and transfers.

Weiss is also being monitored closely by the Slovakian FA and is on their wanted list with current boss Jan Kocian facing the axe. Artmedia are desperate to hold onto the most successful manager in their history and reports in Slovakia suggest they would be willing to allow him to do both roles to hold onto their man.

Should Hearts drop their interest in Weiss they could revert their attention to IA Akranes head coach Gudjon Thordarson who, along with Belarussian Andrei Zygmantovich, is on a three-man shortlist with Weiss.

Thordarson may prove to be the most popular choice among supporters due to the Icelander's experience of British football with Stoke City, Notts County and Barnsley.

The former Icelandic national coach has also promised to bring England legend Terry Butcher to Tynecastle as his No.2 if appointed.

Meanwhile, Inverness Caley Thistle are interested in taking Hearts striker Calum Elliot to the Highlands. The Scotland under-21 striker endured a frustrating season for the Jambos and managed just four goals as he struggled for form.

The forward found himself the target of the Tynecastle boo-boys at times and his frustrations spilled over as he picked up two red cards throughout the campaign.

Elliot admitted towards the end of last season that he may have to quit the club to find regular first-team football.

Caley boss Craig Brewster said: "There's no doubt that the boy Elliot has talent but I haven't done anything yet about speaking to him or Hearts. He is still a Hearts player and until that changes it is just a case of monitoring his situation and seeing what develops."

Simplest thing for Romanov would be a phonecall to Ziggy

Would he get a WP? What happened to the Dutch dude that was there for about five minutes?

ArmiyaRomanova

it`s just another balls up by vlad , i wish we would all wake up and realise what this numpty is doing to our club!!

What's Vlad done wrong here exactly?

Weiss is the one procrastinating, probably now with an eye on the Slovakian national job.

Jam Tarts 1874

Sorry, I just don't understand how the Weiss situation is a balls up by Hearts. What lies have been involved in the Weiss situation? Take a chill pill!

Who knows whether the Evening News is stirring things about team selection and transfers, probably not considering its Romanov. However if Weiss hasn't responded by our deadline, that's not good enough. If he's dragging his feet, I'm tempted to say we should just move on but then again, look at the alternatives.

Guest JamboRobbo
What's Vlad done wrong here exactly?

Failed to appoint a manager and let him manage, repeatedly, over a 2.5 year period? Despite the glaringly obvious detrimental effect it's had on our results.

Minor slip up that.

ArmiyaRomanova
Failed to appoint a manager and let him manage, repeatedly, over a 2.5 year period? Despite the glaringly obvious detrimental effect it's had on our results.

Minor slip up that.

Smart boy.

I meant in relation to this particular issue, and you knew that.

Rudolf's Mate
Who knows whether the Evening News is stirring things about team selection and transfers, probably not considering its Romanov. However if Weiss hasn't responded by our deadline, that's not good enough. If he's dragging his feet, I'm tempted to say we should just move on but then again, look at the alternatives.

The only thing good about this would be that Vlad has no hold over Weiss and he is free to come out and honestly state WHY he hasn't refused the job (should that be the case.)

If he does refuse and comes out saying it's because Vlad would not give full control or something along those lines then what will people do???

My bet is that nothing will happen!

Guest JamboRobbo
Smart boy.

I meant in relation to this particular issue, and you knew that.

Well it's easy to make excuses for any particular issue, particularly when we don't have all the facts of each case in front of us.

Plausable excuses can (and have) been trotted out for each individual decision that has happened (e.g McGhee, Valdas, Malofeev, Frail, Cernakov etc etc etc). Again, if you look at it in isolation, it's easy to make up reasons why Weiss might not work out through no fault of Vlad/HMFC.

But when you look at the overall picture, it becomes pretty clear what the problem is. A reluctance on Vlads part to appoint a manager and let him manage.

Sorry, I just don't understand how the Weiss situation is a balls up by Hearts. What lies have been involved in the Weiss situation? Take a chill pill!

is weiss british ????

take it you still BELIEVE and go along with vlad and all his lies then

wake up and start to realise that we are getting taken for one MASSIVE ride

Well it's easy to make excuses for any particular issue, particularly when we don't have all the facts of each case in front of us.

Plausable excuses can (and have) been trotted out for each individual decision that has happened (e.g McGhee, Valdas, Malofeev, Frail, Cernakov etc etc etc). Again, if you look at it in isolation, it's easy to make up reasons why Weiss might not work out through no fault of Vlad/HMFC.

But when you look at the overall picture, it becomes pretty clear what the problem is. A reluctance on Vlads part to appoint a manager and let him manage.

If there is a reluctance, why a deadline for Weiss to say yea or nay?

Guest JamboRobbo
If there is a reluctance, why a deadline for Weiss to say yea or nay?

Again, I'm more talking in general.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the Weiss thing. There could be plausable reasons why that one in particular might not work out. Or McGhee. Or appointing Malofeev, or whichever decisions you want to look at in isolation.

But, I find it hard to believe there are plausable reasons why, over a 2.5 year period, we've not managed to appoint a manager and let him manage. The only reason for that happening over that long a period, IMO, is a reluctance to do it.......

is weiss british ????

Is Wenger or Mourinhio British, or Benitez?

Guest JamboRobbo
Is Wenger or Mouriniho British?

Does Weiss have the record they had before they came to manage in the UK?

Does Weiss have the record they had before they came to manage in the UK?

Possibly better, domestically - I do not know, do you, I am assuming you do since you asked!

Guest JamboRobbo
Possibly better, domestically - I do not know, do you, I am assuming you do since you asked!

I don't. I was guessing he doesn't. Not so sure about Wenger, but Mourinhio had won the CL!

ArmiyaRomanova

You don't think the possibility of the Slovakian national job's made Wiess swither at all?

Is that Vlad's fault?

Guest JamboRobbo
You don't think the possibility of the Slovakian national job's made Wiess swither at all?

I have no idea. Do you?

Is that Vlad's fault?

If that was the case, it wouldn't be Vlads fault. Feel free to prove this is the case. Otherwise, none of us know what the reason is.

Do you agree that if we'd really wanted to appoint a manager and let him manage, we would've managed to do so at some point during the 2.5 years since burely left? It ain't that difficult if you want to do it.....

Rudolf's Mate

Above you have a go saying it's not hearts fault....

Yet here you are having a go saying people are being dupped into BELIEVING Vlad...... So which is it or are you just trying to wind people up????

I don't. I was guessing he doesn't. Not so sure about Wenger, but Mourinhio had won the CL!

Jose, of coutrse, there is no doubt - the others I am in the dark, like you - my point is, I do not see why he needs to be British, there are plenty crap British managers after all and plenty good foreign managers, I am even sure there will be good ones from Eastern Europe.

He could be from Timbuktoo for all I care, as long as he is able.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jose, of coutrse, there is no doubt - the others I am in the dark, like you - my point is, I do not see why he needs to be British, there are plenty crap British managers after all and plenty good foreign managers, I am even sure there will be good ones from Eastern Europe.

He could be from Timbuktoo for all I care, as long as he is able.

I agree to an extent. But, experience of British or SPL football helps. It means there is less risk (as you've seen the person perform in this environment) and means the manager knows what is required for the league he's moving to.

It's preferable. Just like Hearts said. Which implies that not having british experience, is not the preferred option.

We're not about to sign a Mourinho or a Wenger. If we were, the risk of being foreign and lacking british knowledge would be offset by their talent as a manager. Managers like that are out of our league unfortunately.

ArmiyaRomanova
I have no idea. Do you?

No, but then I'm not the one that's seemingly already reached the conclusion that Weiss's current procrastination is a direct result of Vlad's perceived stance on any HMFC manager's role.

Do you agree that if we'd really wanted to appoint a manager and let him manage, we would've managed to do so at some point during the 2.5 years since burely left? It ain't that difficult if you want to do it.....

We could have done, but other approaches were thought worth trying (but have proved unsuccessful) instead. Was it totally impossible that one or other of these approaches might have worked? There were some fine results along the way, remember (4-2 against Rangers springs immediately to mind).

I agree to an extent. But, experience of British or SPL football helps. It means there is less risk (as you've seen the person perform in this environment) and means the manager knows what is required for the league he's moving to.

It's preferable. Just like Hearts said. Which implies that not having british experience, is not the preferred option.

We're not about to sign a Mourinho or a Wenger. If we were, the risk of being foreign and lacking british knowledge would be offset by their talent as a manager. Managers like that are out of our league unfortunately.

I agree. but going down that route won us one trophy in around fifty years, so does not guanratee anything.

You are right about the statement, but it also implied they were not promising anything, so vent your anger and dissappointment if a foreign nobody is appointed, but this can not be added to your 'list' of lies.

Guest JamboRobbo
No, but then I'm not the one that's seemingly already reached the conclusion that Weiss's current procrastination is a direct result of Vlad's perceived stance on any HMFC manager's role.

Who do you think is? Cause I'm certainly not taking that from this one incident. I'm taking that from observing what's happened over the past 2.5 years.

What I'm saying is, if we'd really wanted to appoint a manager and let him manage, we'd have done so by now. We've had 2.5 years to do it since our last one left.

Which suggests to me a general reluctance to appoint a manager and let him manage. Do you disagree?

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree. but going down that route won us one trophy in around fifty years, so does not guanratee anything.

You are right about the statement, but it also implied they were not promising anything, so vent your anger and dissappointment if a foreign nobody is appointed, but this can not be added to your 'list' of lies.

It's not a case of venting anger or dissapointment. It's just stating the reality of the current situation.

That it would be preferable if we appointed someone with British Experience. Even HMFC said the same thing.

So I don't see what is the problem with people now having EXACTLY that opinion. That it would be better if the new guy has british experience.

ArmiyaRomanova

Which suggests to me a general reluctance to appoint a manager and let him manage. Do you disagree?

Neither - in my view it's unproven.

Other approaches were tried.

Overall, they failed.

and on that note, back to work for me.....

Guest JamboRobbo
Neither - in my view it's unproven.

Other approaches were tried.

Overall, they failed.

Fair enough. I think if they really wanted to appoint someone and let him manage, 2.5 years is more than enough time. You must be a very patient man if you're happy to wait that long for one simple appointment.

ArmiyaRomanova
You must be a very patient man if you're happy to wait that long for one simple appointment.

I wasn't waiting for one simple appointment - I was happy enough to see how what was being done would pan out. With different personnel involved, who knows, one or other of the approaches might have proved at least consistent (but then when have HMFC ever been consistent, regardless of circumstance).

And on that note... out into the rain, dammit....

Archived