Hearts win again.  Hibs lose again.

Terrific.

latest?cb=20100904190903

Triffic.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

People who love Tommy wright obviously don’t realise that his team grind out wins more often than not hence their relative success.

play poorly and win - fine

we can and will play better no doubt

We will but we are still going to need significant recruits before this team plays with any consistency, continuity or flow! We just don't have the midfielders to win games with ease. 

6 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Those of us who recall Levein's last time as boss knew he was going to make us dull in order to build a base. Given time we'll get better to watch.

Another one-goal margin win, a win over a team we have struggled against, a clean sheet, climbing the table.

It'll do for now, no question.

Sums it up nicely for me.

Thought Cochrane and Henderson brought real quality to the pitch, proper footballers who are knocking on the door for a start midweek 

Was not vintage stuff but 3 points is what it's all about.   When we play it on the deck we are so much better.

Good to see Cochrane and Henderson get more game time.  Cochrane when you watch his movement always wants the ball.   

No matter the performance today that was a great 3 points against a hard to beat team. And to be sat 5th after 10 and only 2 points behind 3rd place having played 8 away games is very pleasing. It is a huge improvement over last season and quite an achievement given the squad situation. It is only a platform to build from but the playing and coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.

Levein's wee smile when asked if he's looking forward to the Derby (sportscene).

:jjyay:

Sure he'll have the team properly up for it. Arses will be booted up and down Gorgie if they give less than 100%.

2 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

No matter the performance today that was a great 3 points against a hard to beat team. And to be sat 5th after 10 and only 2 points behind 3rd place having played 8 away games is very pleasing. It is a huge improvement over last season and quite an achievement given the squad situation. It is only a platform to build from but the playing and coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.

Was frustrated by the high balls but can see why we wanted to bypass midfield as much as possible with the players we had out. Surprised by saints largely adopting the same tactics though. They were rotten.

Son Of Anarchy

Good 3 points against a team we usually struggle against these days.  As an aside, can't recall disliking a player as much as him in ages. He can **** right off.

ToadKiller Dog

St Johnstone came to stop our limited midfield play and maybe pounce on an error, that was the limit of their expectations, made it a hard graft for us, we were not great but battled for a deserved the win  

The young lads came on when we needed a bit more energy and delivered. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Cochran Henderson and Brandon were our best players imo, highlight of the match watching those 3 ! Very happy with 3 points today, players worked for it and deserved it. Onwards  

20 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

We will but we are still going to need significant recruits before this team plays with any consistency, continuity or flow! We just don't have the midfielders to win games with ease. 

We cleary have the midfielders to win games however and we have the defenders not to lose games...

AuldReekie444
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I’d expect him to be holding a member of each of the squad’s loved one’s hostage, on Tuesday night. With no uncertain terms left as to what’ll happen to any player who doesn’t give 100% in that game.

This “run” ends Tuesday. I can smell it.

I am guessing you mean their run over us. not our current run under Levein.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

We also appear to have very young players that can make an impact despite being teenagers.

pass me the noose....FFS

With pleasure

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Top post. 

so were no playing very well, haven't played at Tynecastle and were ahead of the super duper best football team ever from leith. Sounds ok to me

Bridge of Djoum
39 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Positives: 

3 points

Clean sheet

Excellent crowd

Henderson cameo

Negatives: 

Bauben

Midfield in general

Lack of tempo and pace throughout 

Left back (left side) situation

Selection concerns for Tuesday 

Take the win especially against a team we've struggled against but so much work to be done. We have to start games far better beginning Tuesday night......

I don't disagree with your points, it's the extreme manner in which you continually put down pretty much every aspect of the club that is annoying. 99 percent of your stuff is negative, which begs the question what pleasure do you get from being a Hearts supporter? Any praise you do give seems grudging.

And thanks for your concern regarding the nice day here, I'm actually at work until 3pm today, then off to A very nice restaurant in DUMBO,( Cecconi's) with Mrs Wing Mirorrs. If anyone is looking for a nice place to eat whilst here, have a look at this establishment if you find yourself on the Brooklyn waterfront.

A wee view........

Image result for cecconis

AlphonseCapone

Well done Cochrane and Henderson. Not only did neither stand out as inexperienced, both actually had real impact.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Delighted we managed to win a game that had a 0-0 look about it from early on. Hopefully we were holding something back for Tuesday and we can raise our energy levels to those required for a derby. Impressed by how well the young players are doing and they are maybe showing some of the older pros how to battle and keep chasing the loose ball.

A card happy referee, a non existent midfield in the first half and Prince Buaben's a complete waist of a jersey, I was happy seeing more of the young lads coming on and 3 welcome points heading into the game down Lochend. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

so were no playing very well, haven't played at Tynecastle and were ahead of the super duper best football team ever from leith. Sounds ok to me

Yogi on Sportscene: "I feel Hibs have the better of Hearts at the moment"

Main presenter (don't know his name): "Er...looking at the stats...Hearts 3 wins in their last 5....Hibs ONE win in their last 5. Not trying to rub your nose in it, John, but that's the facts."

Yogi: "yeah well you can prove anything with facts can't you" (or something along those lines) :lol:

Was like a Stewart Lee sketch

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

With pleasure

Obvious set up for a number of people,

well done

Did you disagree with me by the way?

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Well done Cochrane and Henderson. Not only did neither stand out as inexperienced, both actually had real impact.

Cochrane, while not doing anything particularly special, was certainly impressive for his age and at least looked a bit more switched on than Buaben whose was caught unacceptably daydreaming in possession twice. Think it's still a wee bit early for him though, he still looks like a strong wind could blow him over. Once he bulks up a bit over the next couple of years he could be some prospect. Ideally need Cowie and Djoum back in the middle ASAP.

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

3 points is about all you can say about that.

And is all that really matters. Ill take 1-0 wins with an average or poor display every single week.

CL is doing exactly what I hoped: harder to beat, more organised and able to grind out wins. We have more points than I thought we would have.

Roll on Tuesday!! 

33 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I don't disagree with your points, it's the extreme manner in which you continually put down pretty much every aspect of the club that is annoying. 99 percent of your stuff is negative, which begs the question what pleasure do you get from being a Hearts supporter? Any praise you do give seems grudging.

And thanks for your concern regarding the nice day here, I'm actually at work until 3pm today, then off to A very nice restaurant in DUMBO,( Cecconi's) with Mrs Wing Mirorrs. If anyone is looking for a nice place to eat whilst here, have a look at this establishment if you find yourself on the Brooklyn waterfront.

A wee view........

Its simply not true about my points but it matters little what you think. Everything I say is fair. I'm just not a sycophantic naive supporter who just because we edge a win changes their view on performance or issues facing us. The same problems exist regardless of wherever today's game finished 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1. I'm happy to point them out at the same time as welcoming the 3pts. If that's too much for you then it's weird you bother to respond. 

Am I pleased with the results of the last 2 games? Yes. Do I think we are playing well or a good team? No. Do I think we will won on Tuesday? No. Do I think results are clearly better and will continue to improve given the way Levein sets the team up? Yes. Have we a lot of work to do and is recruitment much needed? Hell yes. 

Hope you have an excellent late lunch, looks a very nice spot!!!

16 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

And is all that really matters. Ill take 1-0 wins with an average or poor display every single week.

CL is doing exactly what I hoped: harder to beat, more organised and able to grind out wins. We have more points than I thought we would have.

Roll on Tuesday!! 

Less points than I would have expected.

But 3 points today is 3 points.

14 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Roll on Tuesday!! 

Yip. It's not time for a long winded dissection of the match. Frustrating first half but a better 2nd. 

We are now fighting through matches and winning.  It's the first thing you need to establish. 

We've got plenty football in the team to snatch games. Very promising youngsters too. Very impressed with them. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Apologies if posted already but I hope the lad that had the heart attack in front of us is ok looked pretty bad paramedics did their best 

Just now, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Apologies if posted already but I hope the lad that had the heart attack in front of us is ok looked pretty bad paramedics did their best 

I wondered what happened, could see paramedics heading along towards the section along from me. Horrible to hear it was a heart attack.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Less points than I would have expected.

But 3 points today is 3 points.

I bet there's a little bit inside you secretly hopes we lose on Tuesday, just so you can have a pop at bogey-man Levein.

4 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Jeez, that's awful, sorry to hear this. Hope he pulls through.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I’d expect him to be holding a member of each of the squad’s loved one’s hostage, on Tuesday night. With no uncertain terms left as to what’ll happen to any player who doesn’t give 100% in that game.

This “run” ends Tuesday. I can smell it.

Bet ya he kidnaps Kyle's first!

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I bet there's a little bit inside you secretly hopes we lose on Tuesday, just so you can have a pop at bogey-man Levein.

Nope not from this Hearts fan.

You happy at drawing at Partick and losing at Dundee? Should we be expecting more from these games?

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Nope not from this Hearts fan.

You happy at drawing at Partick and losing at Dundee? Should we be expecting more from these games?

:lol: only yanking your chain.

Not happy with those losses of course, but we've done pretty well in our away-run considering the shambles Cathro left behind.

portobellojambo1
43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

3 points is about all you can say about that.

It is all that needs to be said though Gambo. Neither team set the heather on fire but at the end of the day we completed the objective, or what should be the objective of any football club, we won the game. Points win prizes. If we go down to Easter Road on Tuesday, don't lose any goals and then bag one ourselves I'll be more than happy with that, same with game versus Rangers next weekend. We never really looked like losing a goal today, it was just a case of will we get one, and we did. Sitting watching such games where we end up losing produces a different response to sitting watching these sort of games but winning, well from me anyway. I am happy that we wrapped up all 3 points today, and hope it happens again twice this coming week.

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Bet ya he kidnaps Kyle's first!

Haha She would definitely be my choice!! 

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

It is all that needs to be said though Gambo. Neither team set the heather on fire but at the end of the day we completed the objective, or what should be the objective of any football club, we won the game. Points win prizes. If we go down to Easter Road on Tuesday, don't lose any goals and then bag one ourselves I'll be more than happy with that, same with game versus Ranger next weekend. We never really looked like losing a goal today, it was just a case of will we get one, and we did. Sitting watching such games where we end up losing produces a different response to sitting watching these sort of games but winning, well from me anyway. I am happy that we wrapped up all 3 points today, and hope it happens again twice this coming week.

Spot on. Performances and entertainment can come later, results and points are literally all that matters just now. 

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is all that needs to be said though Gambo. 

I didn't say anything else had to be said, hence why I said what I said.

3 points IS 3 points.

Awful game. Dreadful referee. Non existent midfield, again. 3 points in the bag. Winning ugly is still winning. Would I take the same on Tuesday? I'd bite yer ******* hand off.

5 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I also hope he is ok.

As far as match is concerned Hearts are now hard to beat.I dont remember St Johnstone making a good chance.The game was dire first half but Hearts opened up a bit in the 2nd.Levein has the team organised defensively and today was like a war of attrition just doing enough to scrape the win.The priority is clearly to steer away from the relegation zone with our limited squad.The young lads have not let us down.Tuesday will be a close run game whatever the starting lineup and I  fancy our chances.

Archived