****OFFICIAL HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN V ST JOHNSTONE THREAD****

Mr Sifter

53 minutes ago, Gambo said:

3 points is about all you can say about that.

Quality afternoon's work. Win against a team that's been a bogey team for a while and leapfrogging Hibs. Three teenagers in the team with two changing the game for us is also notable. Totally forgettable performance mind you, from both teams. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I didn't say anything else had to be said, hence why I said what I said.

3 points IS 3 points.

No problem, maybe I was just trying to imagine that something else could have been written but wasn't, so I just invented what wasn't there. Which as a suggestion is complete and utter pish but never mind, we move on three points better off

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course its a home game. Our record in the league at murrafield this season  compares very favourably  with our record at tynie this season

Aw get ****ed Francis ya negative *******, Gorgieeeeee!!

Playing crap and getting 3 :pts  love it We are slowing getting back  to where  we were . 

Thr Flairmiesters getting all the plaudits for losing with flair and us grinding along nicking 3 pts , marvellous stuff  and get it right up the doom merchants on here . 

Statistically Hearts were dominant.  Saints were rather poor.  

The defence is coming along nicely, Levein just needs to get them scoring more goals.

Sexton Hardcastle

Need to improve for next weeks huge games. However, we will play a lot better than that this season and not win so it's good grafting. See the Aberdeen game.

kingantti1874

Slowly slowly we are building.. Levein is getting results with a reasonabky weak and inexperienced squad.. We will kick on as the season progresses

Nelly Terraces

Today's game was complete garbage from start to finish. 2 dreadful sides without a class player between them. Glad we won but it was very boring to watch.

End of match report.

The result is always the measure but what I want to see is a team giving all they can to try to win the game. You will always get games that are less than a spectacle it happens quite often especially when teams try not to lose a game but coming away from these games should make the team stronger in the end. We seam to lack quality players but if we can weather the storm and get to a point where we can strengthen the team to make up this deficiency all the better. I have said it before and will say it again I would far rather have a  decent player who really wants to play for the club than a player who is highly rated playing for the club while looking to get away from the club. JMO

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Today's game was complete garbage from start to finish. 2 dreadful sides without a class player between them. Glad we won but it was very boring to watch.

End of match report.

Most definitely this. Made my eyes bleed to be fair. Playing crap and winning is a good sign but the bars got to be raised obviously for the games ahead. Not too many positives

32 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No problem, maybe I was just trying to imagine that something else could have been written but wasn't, so I just invented what wasn't there. Which as a suggestion is complete and utter pish but never mind, we move on three points better off

Maybe I just read your original reply wrong.

Move on to Easter Road.

8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

End of match report.

Good match report. 

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Nope not from this Hearts fan.

You happy at drawing at Partick and losing at Dundee? Should we be expecting more from these games?

With Cathro sacked at the very start of the league season did you expect us to instantly start winning every game with a new manager in place when we haven’t had a home game all season

Dress it up how you like Gambo

You absolutely hate Levein and you are simmering and seething for most of each game that you go to inwardly blaming Levin for anything negative then coming on here pretending to be all even handed just because you don’t mention Levein’s name.

You hate Levein and you physically can’t wait until he leaves

Just be honest

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

We will but we are still going to need significant recruits before this team plays with any consistency, continuity or flow! We just don't have the midfielders to win games with ease. 

100% correct

Some of the final balls today, more in the first half, were woeful.

This is where Walker and Milinkovic stood out because they brought thoroughness and a bit quality the few times we got them on the ball.

It improved in the 2nd half.

Over and above that I'm starting to feel more comfortable about the team though.

Theres much more dig, workrate, team spirit and assuredness that stems from the unity we see that the team is developing.

54 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

End of match report.

Steady NT.

The 3 points be all and end all shut the F up crew will be along any second to dismiss anything that is said however correct!  Any Jambo is pleased with the result and 3pts but to suggest anything but that we have big issues is like the blind leading the blind.

36 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

With Cathro sacked at the very start of the league season did you expect us to instantly start winning every game with a new manager in place when we haven’t had a home game all season

Dress it up how you like Gambo

You absolutely hate Levein and you are simmering and seething for most of each game that you go to inwardly blaming Levin for anything negative then coming on here pretending to be all even handed just because you don’t mention Levein’s name.

You hate Levein and you physically can’t wait until he leaves

Just be honest

Blah blah blah.

Did we play well today NO.

Have we played well in any game apart from 1hr when WE HAD A GO v Aberdeen...NO

Are we happy with 3 points today .....yes.

Could we be doing better.....yes.

Now with these 4 points I have made above, tell me where I have it wrong?

For the record I DON'T HATE LEVEIN, was a class player for us but a very conservative (needless imo) manager so PLEASE STOP TELLING LIES or please put me on ignore if you fail to understand my posts.  Plenty others have the same opinion of how we played today and in other games but you choose mine to reply to all the time.....worrying.

I want nothing more than us to be great and succesfull under Levein or any manager, BUT UNLIKE YOU AND A FEW OTHERS, I am not petrified to say amongst fellow Hearts fans when we have performed poorly like we did today.

We got the result and that is great, I have said that (you probably skipped that bit). Anyone who was at the game today would tell you the 3 points is great but the performance could have been a lot better....but you don't want to hear that (from me anyway).

You have become one of the poorest posters on here which is a shame.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Steady NT.

The 3 points be all and end all shut the F up crew will be along any second to dismiss anything that is said however correct!  Any Jambo is pleased with the result and 3pts but to suggest anything but that we have big issues is like the blind leading the blind.

Feel lucky Jammy T dosen't read yours or NT posts.

Just now, Gambo said:

Feel lucky Jammy T dosen't read yours or NT posts.

Oh don't worry Gambo, Jammy T and I like to have our fun! 

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Blah blah blah.

Did we play well today NO.

Have we played well in any game apart from 1hr when WE HAD A GO v Aberdeen...NO

Are we happy with 3 points today .....yes.

Could we be doing better.....yes.

Now with these 4 points I have made above, tell me where I have it wrong?

For the record I DON'T HATE LEVEIN, was a class player for us but a very conservative (needless imo) manager so PLEASE STOP TELLING LIES or please put me on ignore if you fail to understand my posts.  Plenty others have the same opinion of how we played today and in other games but you choose mine to reply to all the time.....worrying.

I want nothing more than us to be great and succesfull under Levein or any manager, BUT UNLIKE YOU AND A FEW OTHERS, I am not petrified to say amongst fellow Hearts fans when we have performed poorly like we did today.

We got the result and that is great, I have said that (you probably skipped that bit). Anyone who was at the game today would tell you the 3 points is great but the performance could have been a lot better....but you don't want to hear that (from me anyway).

You have become one of the poorest posters on here which is a shame.

In my view the vast majority of what you say above is correct and many Hearts fans are of the same opinion. Some on here agree but won't be seen to articulate it for fear of being branded "negative" or "a Hobo" etc etc. Sadly a good poster (despite the fact I don't always agree with him) like Jammy T is indicative of one who responds given his perception of the poster more often than the point the poster is actually making. It happens to me continually too but cest la vie!  Its not going to stop me making valid points.

Today, like last week, ended with us gladly winning the 3pts. Great stuff. However it does not tell the picture of 2 very mediocre, disjointed and lacklustre performances. Did I expect us to suddenly start playing a swashbuckling style of football, score loads of goals and take the league by storm? No, not at all and us being better organized and more difficult to beat is a good sign and start. The fact is though we are short in many areas and have a very poor midfield indeed, one of the worst I can remember. When there is debate about choosing between an over the hill Bauben and a 16 year old for a huge derby game you know the squad is extremely weak. Pointing out how bad recruitment is and how lacking in left sided players (as one example) is not negative its simply reality. Suggesting we start games in a slow, pedestrian manner is not critical but reality. Having concern that these things will come home to roost in the next week is not extreme pessimism but what is blatantly obvious! I hope we stand up to be counted on Tuesday and that the team give the fans the performance AND result we deserve but I can't say I'm not worried about our prospects on all recent evidence.  

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

In my view everything you say above is correct and many Hearts fans are of the same opinion. Some on here agree but won't be seen to articulate it for fear of being branded "negative" or "a Hobo" etc etc. Sadly a good poster (despite the fact I don't always agree with him) like Jammy T is indicative of one who responds given his perception of the poster more often than the point the poster is actually making. It happens to me continually too but cest la vie!  Its not going to stop me making valid points.

Today, like last week, ended with us gladly winning the 3pts. Great stuff. However it does not tell the picture of 2 very mediocre, disjointed and lacklustre performances. Did I expect us to suddenly start playing a swashbuckling style of football, score loads of goals and take the league by storm? No, not at all and us being better organized and more difficult to beat is a good sign and start. The fact is though we are short in many areas and have a very poor midfield indeed, one of the worst I can remember. When there is debate about choosing between an over the hill Bauben and a 16 year old for a huge derby game you know the squad is extremely weak. Pointing out how bad recruitment is and how lacking in left sided players (as one example) is not negative its simply reality. Suggesting we start games in a slow, pedestrian manner is not critical but reality. Having concern that these things will come home to roost in the next week is not extreme pessimism but what is blatantly obvious! I hope we stand up to be counted on Tuesday and that the team given the fans the performance AND result we deserve but I can't say I'm not worried about our prospects on all recent evidence.  

All 11 and the bench HAVE to stand up and be counted from the first whistle on Tuesday, no waiting until changes are made. The team Levein picks to start MUST be on it from first whistle. 

2 hours ago, Hearts lad said:

A card happy referee, a non existent midfield in the first half and Prince Buaben's a complete waist of a jersey, I was happy seeing more of the young lads coming on and 3 welcome points heading into the game down Lochend. 

This would make it more of a cummerbund than a jersey, would it not? :whistling:

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Anyone hear the attendance figure?

They announced it at the end of the game, and I think it was 18,000+, with around 1,290 St J fans.. Sorry can't be any more exact than that.

I’m sure we did play poorly today

You miss my point - i don’t give a ****!

We won. A difficult game. I don’t care if on the face of it St Johnstone shouldn’t be a difficult game. It is and has been for us for years and for most of the rest of the SPL including Celtic

Its really quite simple.

So what if we played poorly; we won - we can’t just go from being woefully inept to the Harlem Globetrotters whilst perpetually playing away from home in the space of 6 weeks

People really need to engage their ****ing brains

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Cochrane, while not doing anything particularly special, was certainly impressive for his age and at least looked a bit more switched on than Buaben whose was caught unacceptably daydreaming in possession twice. Think it's still a wee bit early for him though, he still looks like a strong wind could blow him over. Once he bulks up a bit over the next couple of years he could be some prospect. Ideally need Cowie and Djoum back in the middle ASAP.

Agree he is still not there physically. One thing that stood out for me was when he had the ball in the middle of the park with a St. J midfielder in front of him and he played a nice wee dinked pass over the player to one of our players. It showed an immense amount of intelligence and confidence. I have high hopes for his future, hopefully we nurture him right.

I feel like an old man at 29 when these guys come on and I'm all proud as punch at the young guys living the dream. Where did the years go :o

CornhillHearts

A matchday vlog from Aaron (FootballMania Hd) of today's game.

Occasionally the clampdown on match footage can be a blessing...

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

This would make it more of a cummerbund than a jersey, would it not? :whistling:

Knew some square would feel the need to post over the spelling gaff as it's like a moth to a flame for some folk. 

imagesCA71E5VH.jpg

Wins build momentum, keep winning and we can start to build on what we have in a positive manner , a winning team helps to keep and attract the support, we  need to fill the stadium once opened .

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

We won. A difficult game. I don’t care if on the face of it St Johnstone shouldn’t be a difficult game. It is and has been for us for years and for most of the rest of the SPL including Celtic

Its really quite simple.

So what if we played poorly; we won - we can’t just go from being woefully inept to the Harlem Globetrotters whilst perpetually playing away from home in the space of 6 weeks

So you agree with me , the 3 points are what count, but you are petrified to say we played poor.

Sorted.

Now we know you are only on here to discuss points won and absolutely wont comment on performance, thanks for engaging your brain and making that clear for those of us who like to discuss between fellow Hearts fans more than just the points won.

That should save us all from having to read all your lies and crap.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

So you agree with me , the 3 points are what count, but you are petrified to say we played poor.

Sorted.

Now we know you are only on here to discuss points won and absolutely wont comment on performance, thanks for engaging your brain and making that clear for those of us who like to discuss between fellow Hearts fans more than just the points won.

WTF are you going on about.

I’m saying I’m sure we played poorly because that is the common consensus.

My point is in don’t give a **** that we do play poorly and we win 3 points 

What on earth makes you think I am petrified to say we played poorly when I am overtly accepting that we did?

Clearly Levein being manager is having such an impact on you to the extent that you can’t compute basic English.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Obvious set up for a number of people,

well done

Did you disagree with me by the way?

I don't really pay attention to your overarching aim of starting a fight.

8 hours ago, Hearts lad said:

Knew some square would feel the need to post over the spelling gaff as it's like a moth to a flame for some folk. 

imagesCA71E5VH.jpg

Less the spelling error and more the chance for a pun.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

My point is in don’t give a **** that we do play poorly and we win 3 points 

Easier to say when most of the time you don't go to the games. 

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

Sorted.

???? His first line says we played poorly.  He thinks the main thing is we won and went above the hibs and saints. You think the main thing is we didn't play like Barcelona. All about opinions

It's like we've been used to silky soccer for the past few years and people are surprised that it's not Brazil. It's always been cloudy with bright periods, a battle of wills with some flashes of skill and quality - it was the same yesterday. We turn up and support the team and look for improvements - signs that we'll see more of the good stuff - we're showing character that was missing last season. I thought Milinkovic looks as if he could be excellent, a bit of a terrier, once he gets a few more games under his belt. Central midfield is that piece of the jigsaw that's missing.  

11 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Its really quite simple.

Correct.

Archived