Welcome Back!

redm

Riddley Walker

The mobile site is running like a dream  now by the way, whatever changes have been made in the past  7 hours have been excellent. Scrolling and annoying loading issues have gone.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

The mobile site is running like a dream  now by the way, whatever changes have been made in the past  7 hours have been excellent. Scrolling and annoying loading issues have gone.

Is it automatic? I used to click on it to access it (on a kindle) now I click on a thread and I go to page 1, not the last unread post. Pain in the are.

Riddley Walker
14 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Is it automatic? I used to click on it to access it (on a kindle) now I click on a thread and I go to page 1, not the last unread post. Pain in the are.

Yeah it should be automatic on a phone. No idea about Kindle tbh. I've not had any issues getting to the last unread post but a few people seem to have.

I like the feature that tells you who has newly replied to the thread while you are quoting.

Riddley Walker

Don't really like "7 hours ago, Ulysses said". Feels like it should be "Ulysses posted 7 hours ago." Maybe I'm nit-picking a bit.

Edit: I mean when someone has been quoted.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

:wow:

Regarding regarding my issue of threads starting at the beginning, I think it is OK now. 

It it does appear, however, you still cannot go to the last post if there is no new post since you last looked.  Not a disaster, but it would be useful if you could do that too, as it is handy if you are revisiting a thread where there has been no new post. 

33 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Regarding regarding my issue of threads starting at the beginning, I think it is OK now. 

It it does appear, however, you still cannot go to the last post if there is no new post since you last looked.  Not a disaster, but it would be useful if you could do that too, as it is handy if you are revisiting a thread where there has been no new post. 

You tried clicking on the time since the last post?

That works for me.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
49 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Yeah it should be automatic on a phone. No idea about Kindle tbh. I've not had any issues getting to the last unread post but a few people seem to have.

I like the feature that tells you who has newly replied to the thread while you are quoting.

I'll try my phone. Don't usually use my kindle, but I'm in valldemossa and it was easier to bring that than a laptop.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You tried clicking on the time since the last post?

That works for me.

If you mean the ‘3 minutes ago’, then no, but I have now.   Seems to work, so thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Still not sure the difference between a star and a spot.  Some threads also have neither. 

Red dot and red star both mean new posts with the star meaning you posted in the thread. Neither means no new posts. 

...I think. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I tried my phone, it goes to the first page, same as the kindle. All I can do is go to the last page and try to find the last unread post.

InNothingWeTrust
2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Still not sure the difference between a star and a spot.  Some threads also have neither. 

Star means a thread you have posted in, dot means you haven't.

Threads with no spot or star means you have read/seen all the current posts.

As for the mobile site that people are asking for, I believe the new website is HTML5 which means there is no mobile version. The page will automatically adjust to whatever device you're using.  I could be wrong though...

Is there any way to increase the size of the text?

I've tried doing it on my phone settings but it's not worked.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I tried my phone, it goes to the first page, same as the kindle. All I can do is go to the last page and try to find the last unread post.

Same for me

12 hours ago, Jeffosphere said:

I like it but the white on white is kinda hard on the eyes

+1

Son Of Anarchy

The old mobile site had much bigger font than it is now. Settings don't seem to change it much. Other than a magnifying glass can anything be done?

FYI: If we haven't responded to your query it's not that we're ignoring you, we're just sorting the things we can fix and will hopefully find a solution for the rest of the issues soon. 

8 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

The old mobile site had much bigger font than it is now. Settings don't seem to change it much. Other than a magnifying glass can anything be done?

What type of device and browser are you using?

Is there a way to hide the announcements bit? Or let me click 'OK I've read it'

I'm not keen on the grey blocks for the sub forums - could they not be maroon again? Or have I forgotten what the old site looked like already!

36 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm not keen on the grey blocks for the sub forums - could they not be maroon again? Or have I forgotten what the old site looked like already!

I'm another one for this. No need for it constantly there if you dont want it.

Add to that the birthdays, 'popular now' and image feed, on the main page, as well. You used be able to hide it. You cant now. Its nice that folk have their birthdays and that, but I dont want to read it if I dont want to.

What i dont like is how on the old lay out we could scroll up and it would come up along the top "terrace, shed, ???" 

Was just easier for jumping back instead of having to back page through pages already read 

Another thing, if not already mentioned, was with the old site you could go to the 'next page' of the terrace/shed at the bottom and it'd load directly below, making it one long scrollable page. Made it easier to find a thread.

Not read through the thread so these may have been brought up / answered already..

I used to have an option to get back into the Terrace/Shed without scrolling all the way to the top.. (Actually this has been raised in the point before)

I used to be able to go to the first unread post.. now my only options are the first post or the last post..

May have been answered re the thread opening at the beginning every time but if not then.. .

If you click on the dot or star rather than the thread title then it'll take you to where you have read up to.

4 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I've not noticed any changes, I never really felt it was slow anyway.

Still not convinced it's even a mobile site optimised for mobile devices. Seems its more just the regular site trying it's best to fit. And it does okay until you want to see notifications or someone posts in a thread you are viewing, then you need to start scrolling side ways.

20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've not noticed any changes, I never really felt it was slow anyway.

Still not convinced it's even a mobile site optimised for mobile devices. Seems its more just the regular site trying it's best to fit. And it does okay until you want to see notifications or someone posts in a thread you are viewing, then you need to start scrolling side ways.

I was experiencing that but not any more, now the sidebar appears without me having to scroll. 

I'm using Dolphin browser on an android phone by the way

5 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

I was experiencing that but not any more, now the sidebar appears without me having to scroll. 

I'm using Dolphin browser on an android phone by the way

Same for me and same setup as you.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Apologies if it has been mentioned before, but the "11 hours ago,  obua said:" is a bit off.  (No, not you, obua.)

It  makes it harder to scroll back through the timeline to find the post.

Can we not go back to the old "posted at 22:51" system?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, kila said:

Not sure if it's what you mean, but if you go into your profile and settings there are loads of notifications, etc you can turn on and off.

jambos are go!

Could not sign in under 'Jambos are go'. Had a similar problem a few years ago when I was 'Jambos are go!'  and was advised to drop the exclamation mark because there were problems with special characters. After this upgrade  can get in if I revert to 'Jambos are go!@. Strange!

4 hours ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

I'm getting to grips with this now. Chuffed that I can now upload pictures. I couldn't do this before. 

IMG_1306.JPG

53 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Test...

Take my strength 

IMG_1352.GIF

Funny thing is, I could do this before and can't now!

Can anyone please help?

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

See post above.

Told you it wouldn't feckin work.

Go to the page again in Google Images, but this time click on the button that says "View Image". Then insert that image here.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Go to the page again in Google Images, but this time click on the button that says "View Image". Then insert that image here.

So, not the 'copy' button then?

Rudolf's Mate

On iPhone I can't login using my display name (or my other details) yet on PC I can using display name. Anyone know having same issue or know how to fix?

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So, not the 'copy' button then?

I don't have a Copy button when I do it (possibly because I'm on a laptop, not a phone).

2 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

Your copying the wrong link 

So, what should I be copying?

itsnomarooned
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:25 AM, Dannie Boy said:

How do get to the Shed from the Terrace or vice versa? It used to be seen at the top of the screen but no more.

Did we get an answer to this? (can't be ersed looking through all 9 pages!)

3 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Did we get an answer to this? (can't be ersed looking through all 9 pages!)

Not yet, I don't think. There have been several people asking for it though, so hopefully it will be added (if the new scheme allows it).

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So, what should I be copying?

help-button.png

Google search then hit the view image and then right click and choose copy and then just paste it into the post

Archived