WOW I got a responce from the BBC (nhc,but euro related)

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

I emailed the BBC complaints dept about the cappello interview & motsons comment during the Holland Vs Italy match, here is what i emailed them.....

-----Original Message-----

I find it distressing to watch the media bias towards england when they

did not qualify for euro 2008, nor did any of the home nations.

Why is it that Fabio Cappello gets interviewed about England at half

time during every game?

cant you not let it go for 3weeks. Or get Burley, Worthington and

Trapattoni in to comment on thier NEW jobs in charge of home nations?

This is why the BBC has been so roundly criticised for their news output

during the past few days. You don't seem to realise that the majority of

people in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are just not interested

in what the England manager has to say, especially if he's saying it on

a daily basis.

While I'm at it, what about Motson's comment about Van Persie's goal,

last night "made in Chelsea, scored by Arsenal". Has he not heard that

Robben now plays for Real Madrid?

This is my reply from a very nicely worded reply.

Dear Juvehearts

Thank you for your e-mail about 'Euro 2008 Match of the Day Live: Netherlands v France'.

I understand you are unhappy that Fabio Capello was interviewed during half-time. I've noted you think John Motson made an incorrect comment.

Despite the fact that England aren't in the tournament we have to remember that some of our audience are interested in the team. The BBC certainly doesn't have a pro-English bias. We also have diversity in opinions in Alan Hansen, Martin O'Neill, Gordon Strachan and Marcel Desailly as part of our commentary team.

I realise you feel strongly about this so I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content. All feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Regards

Elaine Hunter

BBC Complaints

I highlighted ...........some of our audience are interested in the team.....

Does anyone else agree with me that despite the friendly email that is still slightly biast?

Cheers

Juve

monkfish1979

Not so much biased as it is downright stupid. So Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish folks aren't interested in their teams? Or do they not make up a big enough "some" of the audience?

coppercrutch

Elaine Hunter

BBC Complaints

Is it just me that finds that strangely hot.

I imagine her as quite tidy. If a little stern. Teacher glasses. High heels.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

You have the bog standard BBC response. They have fobbed you off with the no nonsense English reply.

Anyway, back to 1966 and that Russian Linesman.:eek:

Griclesfield

i sent off a very similar email to bbc complaining about the commentators and half time chats with fabio but still awaiting my response.

its disgusting service

colinmaroon

Has anybody else picked up on Gary Linneker's misery!!!

He's obviously missing his England, because his face has been tripping him most of the time.

I think they must've had a fair few emails on this as, during the Holland Romania game tonight, the commentator apologised for talking about England during the match "as this tournament really has nothing to do with them".

Not so much biased as it is downright stupid. So Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish folks aren't interested in their teams? Or do they not make up a big enough "some" of the audience?

It would be a little more difficult to interview Burley - he's bugg*red off elsewhere on holiday.

Griclesfield

They all just look like they don't wanna be there .. im sure if it werent for their large salaries they got for the show they wouldnt be there ....

Shearer is really only one who talks with sense .... its cringeworth when you hear Lawrenceson laugh with his mic button on ... he sounds like a wee yelp .... !!!

Imeantasong

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Heh heh.

Between your name and the thinking process, quite frightening.

Jimmy McNulty

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Very prim and proper.

But in bed a dooooooooooooooooorty minxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

Jam Tarts 1874

I make a point of complaining every time one of their ignorant presenters or commentators gets it wrong with regard to England/Britain. I wonder what on earth it is that they get taught in schools down there.

If everybody complains all the time, they just might start to get the message and realise that their ignorance is offensive to everyone in the UK outwith England.

By the light
It has been the EBC for years

ITV Is as bad if not worse.[/QUOTE]

Anyone hear David Pleat during the Czech republic game last week?

He called them Czechoslovakia, then realising his error corrected himself beautifully by calling them the Republic of Czechoslovakia....

Where do they get these ignorant clowns?!

maltese jambo
It has been the EBC for years

ITV Is as bad if not worse.[/QUOTE]

Anyone hear David Pleat during the Czech republic game last week?

He called them Czechoslovakia' date=' then realising his error corrected himself beautifully by calling them the Republic of Czechoslovakia....

Where do they get these ignorant clowns?![/quote']

I thought that was hilarious! I think after the first time he said it someone must have nudged him or told him....then he replies...sorry, Repulbic of Czechoslovakia...at which point they just give up!

The comment which really 'peed me off was last night when after Italy had been pounding France in the first half, Motty says...' France are the only team intereted here, will Italy pay for this negativity!' nearly fell off my chair.

Not sure if anybody realised because it has only been mentioned 4 times in every Italian game but apparently Perotta was born in England!!! The worst comment was "Perotta is of course the second world cup winner to come from Ashton-Under-Lyme...Oh and by the way the first was Geoff Hurst".

Absolute disgrace. On the whole the coverage has been better without England being there but why do they feel the need to constantly bring an English aspect into every game.

Keith Jackson and the others at the Daily Record are based in Austria/Switzerland during the tournament and it is nice to actually get match reports without having an English slant on everything. Until recently I had though that Slavan Billic's team's full name was "Croatia who of course knocked out England".

I complained once when BBC Scotland ignored Hearts annoucement about the New Stand completely, yet had a report on a kettle not working at Ibrox or something and my reply was very similiar.

Denny Crane
I make a point of complaining every time one of their ignorant presenters or commentators gets it wrong with regard to England/Britain. I wonder what on earth it is that they get taught in schools down there.

If everybody complains all the time, they just might start to get the message and realise that their ignorance is offensive to everyone in the UK outwith England.

Well as one who attended secondary school in Tyne & Wear, a couple of history classes spring to mind. When we studied World War II, England apparently won it (those north of Hadrian's Wall I presume were just there for something to do). Also, when we studied England under the Tudors, the teacher really milked our defeat at the Battle of Flodden with an add-on that "Scotland would suffer a similar humilation when England beat them 9-3 at Wembley". However, I had a wee bit of revenge with regard to the latter scenario as this was back in 1990 and asked him with a huge grin: "What was the recent score in the rugby sir?"

Does Motson really have to remind us EVERY time that Italy play in a big game that one of their players was born in England?!

Who really gives a ****, he brought it up during the final 2 years ago, and he brought it up last night. Get over it Motson, England are p!sh and have been for some time

Jam Tarts 1874
Well as one who attended secondary school in Tyne & Wear, a couple of history classes spring to mind. When we studied World War II, England apparently won it (those north of Hadrian's Wall I presume were just there for something to do). Also, when we studied England under the Tudors, the teacher really milked our defeat at the Battle of Flodden with an add-on that "Scotland would suffer a similar humilation when England beat them 9-3 at Wembley". However, I had a wee bit of revenge with regard to the latter scenario as this was back in 1990 and asked him with a huge grin: "What was the recent score in the rugby sir?"

I am informed that some of the upper-class fee paying schools still use the map of the British Isles from Jacobean times i.e. Scotland is blanked out. :mad:

I remember during the Falklands war an old duffer of a navy admiral kept talking about the English navy during an interview on Newsnight. He was given the opportunity to correct himself by the interviewer, the old admiral's response was to say that the song goes "there will always be an England"!

I was lucky enough to be working and living in Engerland during the last world cup, I enhanced the ire of my Englander colleagues by constantly asking them where I might be able to buy a Portugal top, they hated me. :)

Motson is a joke. Few things are more guarenteed in life than him making comment about England in any football game (no matter how little it has to do with England).

Nothing however, will beat the slavering p!sh of Archie MacPherson in the Barcelona v Celtic game last season. Despite Judas Mcgeady having a horribly ineffective game, Archie still managed to utter the lines 'Zambrotta is being given a torrid time by McGeady' or something to that effect. I don't think Zambrotta has strolled more comfortably through a game in his career!

Sheriff Fatman
Does Motson really have to remind us EVERY time that Italy play in a big game that one of their players was born in England?!

Who really gives a ****, he brought it up during the final 2 years ago, and he brought it up last night. Get over it Motson, England are p!sh and have been for some time

When the commentators come out with that I just remember that one of England better players is Canadian.

I emailed the BBC complaints dept about the cappello interview & motsons comment during the Holland Vs Italy match, here is what i emailed them.....

time during every game?

a daily basis.

Dear Juvehearts

Thank you for your e-mail about 'Euro 2008 Match of the Day Live: Netherlands v France'.

I understand you are unhappy that Fabio Capello was interviewed during half-time. I've noted you think John Motson made an incorrect comment.

Despite the fact that England aren't in the tournament we have to remember that some of our audience are interested in the team. The BBC certainly doesn't have a pro-English bias. We also have diversity in opinions in Alan Hansen, Martin O'Neill, Gordon Strachan and Marcel Desailly as part of our commentary team.

I realise you feel strongly about this so I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content. All feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

Regards

Elaine Hunter

BBC Complaints

Does anyone else agree with me that despite the friendly email that is still slightly biast?

Cheers

Juve

Did you sign the letter "Angry from Edinburgh"? :rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts
Did you sign the letter "Angry from Edinburgh"? :rolleyes:

Nope, my letter to the bbc doesnt give it away that im from scotland.

i didnt give them that information as to where i am from.

so i am asuming her comment about 'us' ment i was from england?!

crazy_jambo_2006

What's the email address for complaints to itv?

The continual reference to Sweden being ancient and the disgusting manner ofthe interviewer when interviewing Larsson merits a quick email to them, I feel.

Guest juvehearts
What's the email address for complaints to itv?

The continual reference to Sweden being ancient and the disgusting manner ofthe interviewer when interviewing Larsson merits a quick email to them, I feel.

oh god no, dont get me started with them, i have finally realised that their is a mute button when it comes to ITV!

what was said?

crazy_jambo_2006
oh god no, dont get me started with them, i have finally realised that their is a mute button when it comes to ITV!

what was said?

Some moron interviewed Larsson. Interviewer sneered when asking Larsson if it was due to "old legs, an old team" that they lost. I find that unacceptable. Very harsh on Sweden. Larsson was not amused. The interviewer prob bitter Eng r not at euro 2008. Durin Sweden game, commentators kept sayin that Swedish players were so old.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Some moron interviewed Larsson. Interviewer sneered when asking Larsson if it was due to "old legs, an old team" that they lost. I find that unacceptable. Very harsh on Sweden. Larsson was not amused. The interviewer prob bitter Eng r not at euro 2008. Durin Sweden game, commentators kept sayin that Swedish players were so old.

Eh, its true, they are an ageing team.

I am informed that some of the upper-class fee paying schools still use the map of the British Isles from Jacobean times i.e. Scotland is blanked out. :mad:

I remember during the Falklands war an old duffer of a navy admiral kept talking about the English navy during an interview on Newsnight. He was given the opportunity to correct himself by the interviewer, the old admiral's response was to say that the song goes "there will always be an England"!

I was lucky enough to be working and living in Engerland during the last world cup, I enhanced the ire of my Englander colleagues by constantly asking them where I might be able to buy a Portugal top, they hated me. :)

Today or should I say yesterday at PMQ Gordon Brown got a bit confused with merging the English navy, the Scottish navy and the French navy!

time during every game?

a daily basis.

Dear Juvehearts

Regards

Elaine Hunter

BBC Complaints

Cheers

Juve

The BBC (EBC ?) will cling to any tenuous link with the EPL and 2008. We are currently running a sweep on every game to see how long it takes for the commentator to mention any English club in any context in any match. It doesn't take long. Try it.

In addition , the BBC did exactly the same thing when Lineker signed for Braca : any mention of Barca on 'On The Ball' was negligible and was strictly limited to context of upcoming Euro games. However , when Big Ears went to Europe it was mentioned endlessly. As if anyone outside of Tottenham gave FF.

I now listen to the games with the sound off and have the 5Live commentary going instead.

Tonight the commentator during the Portugal - Germany game said "we could, of course, still have a Croatia v Russia final - it seems England were indeed in the group of death". So pathetic, trying to justify England's existence in every tournament all the time!

Archived