This weekends other football

CJGJ

This is pretty normal in this league.

Leeds started well but early season form can be misleading. I think they lack the steel in squad to compete consistently in this league. They can blow teams away but a fight and battle like today they can be exposed.

I agree, its just another giant of a club thats become trapped in a very tough league.

Napoli go top.. at least for a while in Italy

Inter winning at present 2-0 away from home

Hertha Berlin v Bayern Munich just kicked off

Everton v Burnley much as you would expect....a lot of huffing and puffing and still 0-0

What a lovely goal from Burnley. Proper team goal.

You just know that they won't really get the credit for it but had it been by one of the top 6 sides they would have been raving about the football leading up to it

The Internet

You just know that they won't really get the credit for it but had it been by one of the top 6 sides they would have been raving about the football leading up to it

Commentators are bigging it up tbf but Burnley don't get the credit in general they deserve. A really solid team now and Wood looks like a top signing for them.

Barcelona's match to go ahead behind closed doors due to unrest in the city over the vote

First the game was on.

Then it was off, according to Catalan media.

And now it's finally been confirmed - 25 minutes before kick-off, that the game will go ahead.

Behind closed doors.

The Internet

On another note, apparently the Barca game is being played behind closed doors because of the protests. They wanted to postpone it but didn't have permission to do so.

DLDpjDYXUAEnSiJ.png

No win situation here. There will now be 80,000+ more folk wandering the streets who could get caught up in it.

It's still being televised on sky. Quite weird to watch.

Barcelona potentially are making a political statement albeit it should be easy to reference safety.

Risky but the whole thing needs calmed down not made worse.

Wijnaldum to score his first away goal against his former club..nap

Prob be an own goal though !!!

Newcastle against Liverpool gets under way

Barcelona potentially are making a political statement albeit it should be easy to reference safety.

Risky but the whole thing needs calmed down not made worse.

There was a suggestion on twitter that they were afraid the ultras in their support were going to kick off. Barca wanted it postponed but Madrid insisted it went ahead. Closed doors probably the safest option in the circs.

rudi must stay

This Barcelona game is very surreal to watch.

Just tells you how good they are. They don't even need a crowd

Rudolf's Mate

left back

I thought he was [emoji1303] Moreno is pretty brutal defensively so bit shocked he's not even on the bench.

The Internet

Starting to think Liverpool are just unlucky. Every team makes defensive errors that aren't punished anywhere near as much as theirs are :lol:

rudi must stay

Starting to think Liverpool are just unlucky. Every team makes defensive errors that aren't punished anywhere near as much as theirs are :lol:

I'd agree with this. I have never seen a stranger game than the Seville one. But they are guilty of thinking one is enough IMO. Klopp hasn't gone mental like he did at Dortmund so I think he may turn it around if given the chance

Archived