Fighting in the stand today

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sounds like a coming together of the heads and one of the guys has went down like a tonne of bricks looking for a red card.

If it even happened.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing some posters struggled with football life in 70's & 80's. Guy acts like a knob and tries to stick one on someone and KB does what KB does best and goes into meltdown. The internet has a lot to answer for in respect of escalating nothing into something.

Yip. And they're immediately tagged as scum.

Talk about hysteria.

Most of us know genuinely decent guys who've lost the plot in the moment at a game at some time or another. Passion for the team can sometimes make people become irrational. They care.

Does it excuse some actions? No, but it doesn't make them suddenly become a piece of vermin either.

Did those calling him scum say anything at the time?

Nah. Best waiting to come on here and call him all the names under the sun.

Nah. Best waiting to come on here and call him all the names under the sun.

Easy Danny Dyer. Love how you give it the big man on here but I bet your still too scared to go to games against Hibs, the Uglies or Aberdeen.

Laughable.

Yip. And they're immediately tagged as scum.

Talk about hysteria.

Most of us know genuinely decent guys who've lost the plot in the moment at a game at some time or another. Passion for the team can sometimes make people become irrational. They care.

Does it excuse some actions? No, but it doesn't make them suddenly become a piece of vermin either.

Exactly.

Because if you ended up in court you would be fined.

Utter scum get the jail and likely hide once their in there.

The guy acted like a *****.

Ruined his own day.

And the boy with the smart mouth shoukd learn a lesson to.

Several people told him he was out of order for sticking the heid on a fellow Jambo, yes.

Were you the guy who did the head butting?

That's the only explanation I can think of for you so obviously and deliberately misunderstanding my post.

Oi, don't start accusing me, I wasn't even there.

If you tell someone who's drunk and aggressive to shut up and the tell them they haven't got anything to back it up, then your likely to trigger an act of violence. 

Easy Danny Dyer. Love how you give it the big man on here but I bet your still too scared to go to games against Hibs, the Uglies or Aberdeen.

Laughable.

:D

Oi, don't start accusing me, I wasn't even there.

If you tell someone who's drunk and aggressive to shut up and the tell them they haven't got anything to back it up, then your likely to trigger an act of violence.

He wasn't drunk and aggressive when he was told to shut up.

The "shut up" was meant as a "I can't believe you would think that" type of shut up. I.e. "Shut up, of course he's interfering with play". The sort of thing you would say to your mates if you were having a debate rather than a menacing aggressive "shut up or I'll break your face" type of shut up.

The boy obviously never took it that way and he started the fighting talk as a result.

The guy that got headbutted just never backed down when the boy started giving it the "or what" chat.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me it was the other way around when you weren't even there and it happened right in front of me.

He wasn't drunk and aggressive when he was told to shut up.

The "shut up" was meant as a "I can't believe you would think that" type of shut up. I.e. "Shut up, of course he's interfering with play". The sort of thing you would say to your mates if you were having a debate rather than a menacing aggressive "shut up or I'll break your face" type of shut up.

The boy obviously never took it that way and he started the fighting talk as a result.

The guy that got headbutted just never backed down when the boy started giving it the "or what" chat.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me it was the other way around when you weren't even there and it happened right in front of me.

So much detail...

So much detail...

Everyone else got it the first time around.

You keep deliberately grabbing the wrong end of the stick then have a go at me for correcting you?

Expert on the subject

Found the support very negative today shouting abuse at own players over every little mistake sarcastically applause when passes worked but never encouraging Maybee it just where I was sitting near the back but there were a shower of folk that seemed to be reveling in anything that went wrong, miserable sods!

The more I read, headbutter has issues, most probably from attending school in the 70's.

******* shiny toilet paper, its left him scarred and not just emotionally.

I attended school from 1972 to 1977, even as an old goat i do not butt people, not cricket as they say.

Everyone else got it the first time around.

You keep deliberately grabbing the wrong end of the stick then have a go at me for correcting you?

I think that was meant for someone else.

And I get slagged for not being there when grown men are sandancing in front of kids and fans trying to watch a game.

I know who the bigger ***** out of us are in this respect

:)

It's still you.

Not a chance that was offside

Are you saying Isma was not in an offside position or that he wasn't blocking the defender and interfering with play?

Are you saying Isma was not in an offside position or that he wasn't blocking the defender and interfering with play?

You mean Cowie?

Big C is bang on with what happened. The boy doing the headbutting was out of order as he waited til the guy had turned his back and done it when he wasn't looking.

Plenty of folk around told him he was out of order as well and he quickly realised he'd made a mistake. Was over pretty quickly.

You mean Cowie?

Cowie was the one that played the pass.

Isma was the one who was flagged off side for blocking the defender.

I called him scum , wasn't at the game so couldn't unfortunately.

Sticking the head in a fellow Hearts supporter over an argument about an offside decision is bang out of order .

Don't think being called out as scum is to strong . Imagine there would be a good few families and kids round about . What a horrible thing for them yo have to watch when supporting their team .

Yes. One arsehole thinking he's a hard man is entirely comparable to thousands glorifying the IRA on a weekly basis.

:cornette:

:lol: :lol: :lol:classic

Found the support very negative today shouting abuse at own players over every little mistake sarcastically applause when passes worked but never encouraging Maybee it just where I was sitting near the back but there were a shower of folk that seemed to be reveling in anything that went wrong, miserable sods!

It was the same near the front unfortunately. It's like folk go to the match looking for things to moan about rather than things to cheer.

Cowie was the one that played the pass.

Isma was the one who was flagged off side for blocking the defender.

I remember it being the other way round. It was Cowie who was offside and was flagged because he made a movement towards the ball then changed his mind and left it for Isma?

I remember it being the other way round. It was Cowie who was offside and was flagged because he made a movement towards the ball then changed his mind and left it for Isma?

I could be wrong. I'm sure others will confirm.

I called him scum , wasn't at the game so couldn't unfortunately.

Sticking the head in a fellow Hearts supporter over an argument about an offside decision is bang out of order .

Don't think being called out as scum is to strong . Imagine there would be a good few families and kids round about . What a horrible thing for them yo have to watch when supporting their team .

Sticking the head in on anyone over an argument about an offside decision is bang out of order.

In fact, sticking the head in on anyone for any reason but self-defence should be bang out of order.

And the realisation of that fact is the thing that separates those who have moved on from the old (bless her soul) Shed mentality days and have realised that the world has changed, and the folk on here, and in this thread, who are still stuck back in those days.

I was down near the front just a bit to the right of the Partick dugout. Atmosphere and fans were decent, by and large.

J Cheever Loophole

That's how I seen it.

We got nothing from that jug eared linesman all day and it's a good job he wasn't far side second half because he wouldn't have giving the goal!

Regarding the carry on in the stands, Big C called it right.

I was 3 rows and 3 seats to the left.

Headbutter, his Da and another left just before the stewards arrived.

There was no " fighting in the stand "  yesterday.

There was a disagreement over a decision. Time to get les knickers in the tumble dryer methinks !

Nelly Terraces

There was no " fighting in the stand " yesterday.

There was a disagreement over a decision. Time to get les knickers in the tumble dryer methinks !

Correct. It was a wee bit away from it but genuinely seemed like nothing & was over on a coupla minutes. Never thought any more of it till coming on here.

Folk who weren't even at the game wading in with an opinion on it. Guffaw! :lol:

AlphonseCapone

Follows me round kickback. Creep.

Follows? Let me explain how forums work. You see a topic and you click on it. You read through it and sometimes you come across a comment that you agree strongly enough with or against that you respond.

I comment on a lot of topics. Now and again, you have commented on that thread. Sometimes I am moved to comment on your comment. Other times not.

Hope that helps.

If it even happened.

How can you say that ?

There was definitely a bit of a skirmish

and Big Cs description seems accurate.

I was in that area but didn't actually see what happened.

Why would he make up a story ?

It was all over fairly quickly and a couple of guys having a barney is no reflection on the conduct of the other 2094 of the excellent Hearts support yesterday. There wasn't even an arrest ffs.

Correct. It was a wee bit away from it but genuinely seemed like nothing & was over on a coupla minutes. Never thought any more of it till coming on here.

Folk who weren't even at the game wading in with an opinion on it. Guffaw! :lol:

The hour later in kicking off did have an effect. Felt half-scooped in the first half. Maybe an extra couple of pints may have tipped some over the edge a wee bit.

As you say, Nelly, handbags !

It was the same near the front unfortunately. It's like folk go to the match looking for things to moan about rather than things to cheer.

The first half there was plenty to moan about and very little to cheer.

The second half a totally different story and we looked a team again. Folk naturally got behind the team when it looked like we were actually interested.

Are you saying we are wrong to let the players know when we are unhappy at their performance ?

It's a good job CL doesn't take that approach because he obviously gave them a rocket at Half Time.

Was eyeing up a burd at the fitba type post.

I've had official confirmation from my young laddie that it was a dispute over the offside resulting in a fresh air headbutt. Madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had official confirmation from my young laddie that it was a dispute over the offside resulting in a fresh air headbutt. Madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One step beyond if you ask me.

Follows? Let me explain how forums work. You see a topic and you click on it. You read through it and sometimes you come across a comment that you agree strongly enough with or against that you respond.

I comment on a lot of topics. Now and again, you have commented on that thread. Sometimes I am moved to comment on your comment. Other times not.

Hope that helps.

Your spat with Gorgiewave hasn't gone unnoticed. Seen you 2 sniping at each other on a few threads.

How can you say that ?

There was definitely a bit of a skirmish

and Big Cs description seems accurate.

I was in that area but didn't actually see what happened.

Why would he make up a story ?

It was all over fairly quickly and a couple of guys having a barney is no reflection on the conduct of the other 2094 of the excellent Hearts support yesterday. There wasn't even an arrest ffs.

Ah don't worry about it, the boy's gone into full on prick mode. He'll be claiming he was joking the now, but I reckon his wife's left him or something.

One step beyond if you ask me.

As long as they keep it out of our house and shut up, I haven't seen that type of behaviour since I was in baggy trousers

As long as they keep it out of our house and shut up, I haven't seen that type of behaviour since I was in baggy trousers

Best thing for him was his bed and breakfast man.

Archived