Rangers v Celtic (and other weekend football)

The Internet

This whole 'You're a rangers fan' 'well you're a Celtic fan' thing is very primary school btw. Pretty tragic. We all hate the old firm, let's just pile in on this Aberdeen fan and forget all about it.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IveSeenTheLight

Yawn. Once again.... every single person on here knows why you disappeared and then reappeared: it was even predicted.

It is far easier to talk about shit results once your team have won again, rather than during that shit run.

I didn't run away after the Hearts game, I was away for a week. Life happens.

Well you'll have you opportunity in the coming three games where we will struggle on current form.

IveSeenTheLight

What does that last line mean?

Are you meaning me in particular, or are you seriously coming into a Hearts message board and accusing us of supporting Rangers?

You tramp.

Most not, certainly you have a history.

Maybe it was poor timing to come here after the old firm game

I have a history of supporting Sevco? This is news to me.

Like I've said, you're coming onto a rival teams message board and throwing about nonsense like this. You need to learn a little respect*

*you'll know that Erasure song, it's from the 1980's.

And that hole just gets deeper and deeper.

IveSeenTheLight

And that hole just gets deeper and deeper.

lol whatever.

I responded to a poster saying it was a massive 3 points. Which I agreed with.

I also said that our formation and team selection was very defensive, designed to match up physically with Motherwell and was no indication our form has turned round any corner.

Our next three games will be tough, so I'll make an extra effort to be around so you guys can see I don't hide away ;)

Bazzas right boot

I disagree for the reasons I gave for wanting Rangers to win on Saturday.

However, I do understand your point of view.

If the Rangers/Celtic roles were reversed then I have no doubt some would still want Celtic to win, given their hatred of Rangers. And I get that, as I hate Celtic similarly.

If the roles were reversed I think k you'd be surprised.

The positivity for rangers , clearly for non Footballing reasons really surprises me.

If the roles were reversed I'd be more than happy, in fact I was in the early 90's to watch Celtic get hammered and beat from the like if Raith in finals. It was almost as funny as watching rangers getting dicked by the same team in the challenge cup final 2 years ago.

lol whatever.

I also said that our formation and team selection was very defensive, designed to match up physically with Motherwell and was no indication our form has turned round any corner.

Our next three games will be tough, so I'll make an extra effort to be around so you guys can see I don't hide away 

**** off you sick stalker pervert. You have nothing to say

lol whatever.

Our next three games will be tough, so I'll make an extra effort to be around so you guys can see I don't hide away ;)

You made a not so subtle suggestion that one or several posters on here were Rangers fans.

I along with most other posters couldn't give a shit about Aberdeen or their results, unless of course they're playing us or a team that directly affects us.

The point that was being made was that you were only willing to appear and attempt to talk about Aberdeens poor form after they had won a game.

IveSeenTheLight

You made a not so subtle suggestion that one or several posters on here were Rangers fans.

I along with most other posters couldn't give a shit about Aberdeen or their results, unless of course they're playing us or a team that directly affects us.

The point that was being made was that you were only willing to appear and attempt to talk about Aberdeens poor form after they had won a game.

I've discussed many a time when Aberdeen played poorly.

I'm offline for a week or so and you guys can't handle it

I raised the SevCo point as this thread is titled accordingly and those that pulled me up have done so before because of my very clear dislike of all things SevCo.

But hey ho, I can handle if they think I hid away (even if untrue), its a small win for them.

This weekend will be one of our toughest games of the season in St Johnstone who have had some pretty decent results against us over the years.

Their form is pretty decent

Incidentally, I hope Hamilton push above you on Friday night, but that you and Motherwell do the business on the Saturday

SevCo down to 7th in my Carlsberg weekend

West Brom should have had an early pen at Arsenal. Think there's some potential for an Arsenal defeat tonight.

This whole 'You're a rangers fan' 'well you're a Celtic fan' thing is very primary school btw. Pretty tragic. We all hate the old firm, let's just pile in on this Aberdeen fan and forget all about it.

You nipped ma heid oan another thread.

But this post is class buddy.

Wished tae fek we could drop the pish inaw.

I've discussed many a time when Aberdeen played poorly.

I raised the SevCo point as this thread is titled accordingly and those that pulled me up have done so before because of my very clear dislike of all things SevCo.

But hey ho, I can handle if they think I hid away (even if untrue), its a small win for them.

This weekend will be one of our toughest games of the season in St Johnstone who have had some pretty decent results against us over the years.

Their form is pretty decent

Incidentally, I hope Hamilton push above you on Friday night, but that you and Motherwell do the business on the Saturday

SevCo down to 7th in my Carlsberg weekend

Aye yer right we cannae handle it.

Please dinnae disappear again.

Stop slaverin .

Aberdeens bottle like hibs has for a long time crashed against us.

Our recent struggles got yer tail wagging.

Soon be cowed again .

MacDonald Jardine

WTF has any of this got to do with TTFKAR, or Scotland, or Glasgow, or Scottish football, or the Neanderthals that sing it?

Two hundred years ago

When Rebels on old Derry's Walls

Their faces dare not show

When James and all his rebel band

Came up to Bishops Gate

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We caused them to retreat.

Chorus.

Then fight and don't surrender

But come when duty calls,

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We'll guard old Derry's Walls.

The blood it did flow in crimson streams

Through many a winter's night

They knew the Lord was on their side

To help them in the fight

They only stood upon the walls

Determined for to fight,

To fight and gain the victory

And hoist the Crimson high;

Chorus.

At last, at last with one broadside

Kind heavens sent their aid

The boom that crossed Foyle was broke

And James he was dismayed

The Banner, boys that floated

Was run aloft with joy

God bless the hands that broke the boom

And saved the apprentice Boys

By all means question it's relevance.

Is it intrinsically bigoted?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

By all means question it's relevance.

Is it intrinsically bigoted?

No its a good football song about football and nothing to do with a divide and rule battle of different shitey religious politic.

So in a way you are right while at the same time being so very wrong.

Macdonald i cannae be feked with the hun shite either.

And the mini hun shite especially.

But none of its justified.

I dont see you as the "mega anti-Sevco guy" at all, I see you as the Aberdeen fan who is constantly on here passing comment on all things Hearts. I find that a little odd (as do your fellow fans who occasionally post on here).

You were trying to create friction between myself and another poster with the other Hearts fans by using the "youre really Rangers fans" line. It didnt work because, at the end of the day, Hearts fans stick together and every single poster on here has seen through you following your "busy and unable to post" spell.

You nipped ma heid oan another thread.

But this post is class buddy.

Wished tae fek we could drop the pish inaw.

Never intended to annoy anyone on the other thread, just tried to ask some questions. Apologies if it came off like that. Anyway glad we agree on this.

Do you not have a clear dislike of all things celtic as well?

IveSeenTheLight

I dont see you as the "mega anti-Sevco guy" at all, I see you as the Aberdeen fan who is constantly on here passing comment on all things Hearts. I find that a little odd (as do your fellow fans who occasionally post on here).

You were trying to create friction between myself and another poster with the other Hearts fans by using the "youre really Rangers fans" line. It didnt work because, at the end of the day, Hearts fans stick together and every single poster on here has seen through you following your "busy and unable to post" spell.

It didn't surprise me some of whom were trying to be critical of me after my very short absence.

Some of them had been in a debate with me before regarding SevCo and their history (they have none of substance by the way)

Once again, I don't hide away.

I've came back here after defeats from Hearts in the past and I'll come back if we lose in your next set of tough fixtures

Incidentally, I'm hoping for a Carlsberg weekend this week.

Hamilton to beat SevCo at home on Friday night

Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell to win on the Saturday.

SevCo in the bottom half  :beer: :beer: :beer:

IveSeenTheLight

Do you not have a clear dislike of all things celtic as well?

There are many things I dislike about Celtic, but they are not in the same league as the blue half of the erse cheeks.

I want SevCo to drop points every week, lose preferably.

I accept Celtic will win most weeks, if anyone takes points off them i.e. St Johnstone, I'm happy as it prolongs the inevitable title win.

The couple of years under Deila, where it was not finalised until after the split was good for Scotttish football. It would have been good regardless who was pushing in 2nd

Last year not so with their 30 point gap

There's no real comparison between the two, SevCo are the lowest of the low and their crimes should never be forgotten.

Long may their history be filled with just a Petrofac cup and a few lower league titles.

The quicker the implode again the better

It didn't surprise me some of whom were trying to be critical of me after my very short absence.

Some of them had been in a debate with me before regarding SevCo and their history (they have none of substance by the way)

Once again, I don't hide away.

I've came back here after defeats from Hearts in the past and I'll come back if we lose in your next set of tough fixtures

Seek help, you are clearly deranged. Now **** off

:lol:

Aye that's it. We're all here eagerly anticipating your next logon and cry ourselves to sleep when you aren't around.

:lol:

Back in the real world, some of us wish you'd stayed offline about 1700 posts ago.

There are many things I dislike about Celtic, but they are not in the same league as the blue half of the erse cheeks.

I accept Celtic will win most weeks, if anyone takes points off them i.e. St Johnstone, I'm happy as it prolongs the inevitable title win.

The couple of years under Deila, where it was not finalised until after the split was good for Scotttish football. It would have been good regardless who was pushing in 2nd

There's no real comparison between the two, SevCo are the lowest of the low and their crimes should never be forgotten.

Long may their history be filled with just a Petrofac cup and a few lower league titles.

For different reasons, celtic are very much in the same league as sevco so I like to treat them equally.

My only concern is Hearts and that influences whether I want celtic or rangers to win.

IveSeenTheLight

For different reasons, celtic are very much in the same league as sevco so I like to treat them equally.

My only concern is Hearts and that influences whether I want celtic or rangers to win.

We all have our opinions and are entitled to them.

I respectfully disagree though.

As others have hinted at, you don't need to associate the other club when debating the first one.

I consider that trying to dilute any grievances with one club by bringing another is an act of trying to water down their issues and ultimately a deep down acknowledgement that SevCo are completely more reprehensible than the other cheek

IveSeenTheLight

Seek help, you are clearly deranged. Now **** off

Do you not want a Carlsberg weekend?

The Old Tolbooth

You don't see Celtic fans in the same light as we do, the hatred between us and them is extremely intense, we became a target for them when their blue arse cheek was in the lower leagues due to them claiming that we're the "mini huns", and when we also went down, they were extremely bored as they had no one to sing their nonsense to, it became very clear that without their hatred and bigotry, Celtic football club are absolutely nothing (shutting the entire top tier for league games was proof of this), and every bit as bad as their blue arse cheek, they need each other to survive and our game in this country is run to appease both of them, whilst the rest of us are merely here to give them a league to play in. 

You don't see what we see about them, the pishing in bottles and throwing them out of bus skylight windows at fans outside the stadium, pishing in doorways not caring because they know the police are terrified to go near them and they have this "untouchable" attitude, singing their terrorist glorifying nonsense every single time they come here, and then claiming it was a minority, when in fact it was the whole damn lot of them, but they know for a fact that nowhere has the nuts to report it so they can claim to be the victims again, terrorising the school kids that work in the food kiosks before jumping over and helping themselves to all the food for free, trying to smash open the tills to get the money out of them, wrecking the toilets to such an extent that they weren't ready for the next home game against ICT two weeks later (thankfully they don't bring many fans and we could get away with it), spitting on and abusing soldiers outside the stadium when collecting for poppy day, the list goes on, I could actually write a book about just how scummy they truly are, so don't sit there and try to tell us that they're not as bad as Rangers, because I don't recall Rangers fans doing that to Tynecastle, yes they're utter knuckle draggers, but what you see is what you get and they don't try and hide anything by playing the sleekit victim card, they're both every bit as bad as each other. 

Bazzas right boot

We all have our opinions and are entitled to them.

I respectfully disagree though.

As others have hinted at, you don't need to associate the other club when debating the first one.

I consider that trying to dilute any grievances with one club by bringing another is an act of trying to water down their issues and ultimately a deep down acknowledgement that SevCo are completely more reprehensible than the other cheek

I agree with you about the ranger's stuff, however both arse cheeks are the same , just different cheeks.

To favour one over the other shows that your reasoning is more than Football based, if that's the case you are in danger of becoming the same as the ones you hate.

There is too much love here for ranger's, some Even wanted them to win at the weekend knowing that we might be in a battle with them for league positions, strange. But as a institution both arse cheeks are the same, if the roles were reversed I'd happily see Celtic get pumped of rangers. ATM it's in Hearts interest to see rangers getting slapped about.

I agree with you about the ranger's stuff, however both arse cheeks are the same , just different cheeks.

To favour one over the other shows that your reasoning is more than Football based, if that's the case you are in danger of becoming the same as the ones you hate.

There is too much love here for ranger's, some Even wanted them to win at the weekend knowing that we might be in a battle with them for league positions, strange. But as a institution both arse cheeks are the same, if the roles were reversed I'd happily see Celtic get pumped of rangers. ATM it's in Hearts interest to see rangers getting slapped about.

Nah, it's people with agendas. Always has been, always will be.

Here's an example....Hibs v Rangers, who do you want to win ?

Any normal person would say Rangers but, wait, Hibs are a point ahead as it stands....surely it would be Hibs ?

It isn't though, is it ?

And there you have it. The sheepmiester will always say Celtic over Rangers and we'll always say any **** over Hibs !

Nah, it's people with agendas. Always has been, always will be.

Here's an example....Hibs v Rangers, who do you want to win ?

Any normal person would say Rangers but, wait, Hibs are a point ahead as it stands....surely it would be Hibs ?

It isn't though, is it ?

And there you have it. The sheepmiester will always say Celtic over Rangers and we'll always say any **** over Hibs !

This is a very, very bad example to give Tosh....

Bazzas right boot

I just realised that, re-reading it !

Lol.

I always look for what best for Hearts when these 3 play each other.

Historically, any OF win of either kind had little impact us, however giving rangers situation and my ambition of Hearts at least becoming number 2 behind Celtic, I want rangers beat every time as I honestly don't think they can sustain last season's type of season over the long term. No Europe/ no cups will see them stagnate.

I do like to see hibs getting beat, it's funny .imo, rangers being shite has wider ranging implications.

If the roles were reversed I'd want Celtic beat just as much.

I have zero interest in the non Football stuff, so can make that choice between the OF as I see fit. No family, religious or cultural ties to any of them.

IveSeenTheLight

You don't see Celtic fans in the same light as we do................

A very passionate and understanding post.

I accept we see things differently and are influenced by our own direct experiences.

I've engaged in a lot of banter between the opposition fans over the years and SevCo fans are truly the worst (IMO)

One thing I do think that has improved, is reducing their allocation.

Certainly they are not as vociferous 

I also know that the police methods of keeping them penned in as opposed to actually dealing with the knobs leads to them thinking they can get away with anything

I accept we see things differently and are influenced by our own direct experiences.

I've engaged in a lot of banter between the opposition fans over the years and SevCo fans are truly the worst (IMO)

I also know that the police methods of keeping them penned in as opposed to actually dealing with the knobs leads to them thinking they can get away with anything

Where do you think the dislike...for want of a better word...of Rangers stems from. By that, I mean a greater dislike than Celtic ?

Depends on age I suppose and i'm long enough in the tooth to have been told reasons by both sides. I'd like to hear your take on it.

The Old Tolbooth

Reducing their allocation definitely helps, I'd actually give them nothing at all if it was up to me. You guys have a hatred with Rangers fans, we have a hatred with Celtic fans, I can honestly say that Rangers fans haven't come to Tynie and done anywhere near as much damage as Celtic fans have, Celtic fans really are parasites when they travel, proven again tonight with their fighting in Brussels.

I'm not saying Rangers fans are any better, far from it as Manchester proves that one, I pretty much think that both sets of fans are capable of being scumbags, and regularly display that when they play someone they don't like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol.

Historically, any OF win of either kind had little impact us, however giving rangers situation and my ambition of Hearts at least becoming number 2 behind Celtic, I want rangers beat every time as I honestly don't think they can sustain last season's type of season over the long term. No Europe/ no cups will see them stagnate.

I do like to see hibs getting beat, it's funny .imo, rangers being shite has wider ranging implications.

I have zero interest in the non Football stuff, so can make that choice between the OF as I see fit. No family, religious or cultural ties to any of them.

well said Rudi,I like IveSeenTheLights posts on here in general but if him/her ,Boab and Bowmans ,you and I,sat and had a pint together ? at the end of the night, we would be walking out thinking wtf was that all about ? and your wee speech hits the net  :bobby:   FTH

Lol.

Nail on the head.

well said Rudi,I like IveSeenTheLights posts on here in general but if him/her ,Boab and Bowmans ,you and I,sat and had a pint together ? at the end of the night, we would be walking out thinking wtf was that all about ? and your wee speech hits the net :bobby: FTH

If you went for a pint wi me, you wouldn't be walking out !

MacDonald Jardine

Where do you think the dislike...for want of a better word...of Rangers stems from. By that, I mean a greater dislike than Celtic ?

Depends on age I suppose and i'm long enough in the tooth to have been told reasons by both sides. I'd like to hear your take on it.

I lived in Aberdeen for a while and my understanding is it came from the fact Rangers and Aberdeen were competing for trophies in the late 80s/ early 90s.

Celtic were a bit behind.

I lived in Aberdeen for a while and my understanding is it came from the fact Rangers and Aberdeen were competing for trophies in the late 80s/ early 90s.

Celtic were a bit behind.

I don't think Neil Simpson helped...

Bazzas right boot

well said Rudi,I like IveSeenTheLights posts on here in general but if him/her ,Boab and Bowmans ,you and I,sat and had a pint together ? at the end of the night, we would be walking out thinking wtf was that all about ? and your wee speech hits the net :bobby: FTH

Never happen, we'd argue on which pub to meet in!

Bazzas right boot

Aw, is the Persevere not the Hibs pub it used to be? Shite, that ruins that one then

Probably is if in Easter toad.

Didn't know whit persey meant!

I only know of the four in hand, my mates dad owned it, used to go there allot pre town drinks, many years ago.

Archived