Virgin media mobile

3fingersreid

Anyone used them for their mobile network ? Might change over to them but would appreciate any comments about their service , thanks in advance

Wife was with them data package fine but the service for the network with poor or no signal in some places, changed to Vodafone and no issues with reception I'm with O2 and have no probs with my signal always connected but If I was you I would think Vodafone for signal reception as it is very strong

Aprt from their shit customer service and shit reception at times they are ok. Plus if you have been a virgin media customer for a while you can get good deals on you're contract.

Was with O2 got offered a good deal , or so I thought with vodaphone , turns out boy blatantly lied to me about getting sky football, so I've told them I've had enough of their piss over the last week and had a look at virgin as I've got their XL package . Meant to be getting a call from vodaphone tomorrow to " see what they can do"

Just ****in wish I'd stayed with O2

Avoid. Just cancelled. Got the Mrs a virgin phone and despite being on WiFi, data still used up. Caned the monthly allowance in a week, so extra charges each month. Posted on their forum and others experienced the same thing. Have the same phone on Vodafone, same data package, same settings, never an issue. Of course, it could be the Mrs, but when I checked the virgin bill, accrued data charges when on WiFi. Schisters.

Thunderstruck

Virgin Mobile is an MVNO using EE network. The same EE that is now owned by BT.

If you can't get a good service fro EE where you live/work, switching to Virgin won't help.

BT and Virgin are the two major competitors in the internet/TV/phone/tablet "quadplay" game. EE is essential to BT to let it offer quadplay.

There is the reason why Liberty Global (Virgin) is talking to Telefonica about buying O2 UK.

Avoid. Just cancelled. Got the Mrs a virgin phone and despite being on WiFi, data still used up. Caned the monthly allowance in a week, so extra charges each month. Posted on their forum and others experienced the same thing. Have the same phone on Vodafone, same data package, same settings, never an issue. Of course, it could be the Mrs, but when I checked the virgin bill, accrued data charges when on WiFi. Schisters.

Don't understand how they can charge and use up your data allowance when on Wi Fi ? Did they give you a reason for this ?

Don't understand how they can charge and use up your data allowance when on Wi Fi ? Did they give you a reason for this ?

No.  Conspicuous by their silence!

Some users would advise turn your mobile data off - but you shouldn't have to, that's the point.  I'm coming to the conclusion that it's a scam (insert conspiracy smilie) but hard to prove I guess.

I've been with vodafone for years and can't recommend them highly enough.  Although I'm sure others will have had their issues with them...

No. Conspicuous by their silence!

Some users would advise turn your mobile data off - but you shouldn't have to, that's the point. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's a scam (insert conspiracy smilie) but hard to prove I guess.

I've been with vodafone for years and can't recommend them highly enough. Although I'm sure others will have had their issues with them...

I have an s6, son has a s5 neo and my daughter has a j5 all on virgin.

S6 and J5 don't have this data problem but my son's s5 neo does, he has to turn off mobile data in the house.

Googled it and I thought it was the software update on his phone, it doesn't seem to use the Wi-Fi at home...

Still not sure why it's only his phone but the others seem to work ok.

No. Conspicuous by their silence!

Some users would advise turn your mobile data off - but you shouldn't have to, that's the point. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's a scam (insert conspiracy smilie) but hard to prove I guess.

I've been with vodafone for years and can't recommend them highly enough. Although I'm sure others will have had their issues with them...

Whilst I was with O2 I never had issues but chose vodaphone for the alleged deal they offered, however I would say their 4G does appear faster

Going to haggle with them today .

Appreciate everyone's comments tho .

Been with VM for years. No issues. Fairly mainstream mobile provider with roughly the same coverage and deals as all the other mainstream mobile providers.

Changed from vm to Vodafone, much better deal, better reception, nicer people in the shop. Customer service om vm mobile is not the best.

Well ended up getting a couple of quid off as a way off an appology for all the hassle I've had .

It appears from what I've read there's good and bad in all the networks it's just a case of being lucky .

Archived