What brings back the magic?

Gorgiewave

Going to Tynecastle. The uniqueness of the stadium, the history, the atmosphere on big games, being as close to the pitch etc.

It wouldn't be the same supporting a club in a soulless stadium with stands far apart, loads of empty seats etc. It's no wonder away fans often call Tynecastle they're favourite away trip.

It was a disgraceful challenge, that type of behaviour simply can't be tolerated on the pitch.

Here's a gif I made of it

200w.gif

:clap:

Elias Henry Furst

It was a disgraceful challenge, that type of behaviour simply can't be tolerated on the pitch.

Here's a gif I made of it

200w.gif

Beautiful.

Nobody is a Hearts supporter because they want an easy life, but we're all brought back to a heavenly plane. What does it for you?

For me, it's watching Back from the Brink, scoring or saving a goal in a doorway, or seeing a Hearts fan out and about.

To people who support bigger clubs, **** them. To those who support smaller clubs, FTH.

"More substance, spirit and soul than any other in Scottish football."

All for goals and glory.

What does that mean ??

Only wins will bring it back.

For me, the thing that always summed up us doing well in the post, was when we heard singing from the old stand.

giphy.gif

Glad football has moved on from that kind of stuff, nowadays the horrible little welt would be booked for blatant simulation. Got to admire the way he managed to whip his skull back so fast though.

As for the thread question, it's the brewery smell, the shed, climbing in over the school end to land in two inches of single fish in the old bogs, walking back along the train lines at night to muirhouse,nearly beating Bayern when I was sat in a German bar, many many more. Proud to be a Jambo.

The Relegation Party derby, singing "This is some ****** party" for most of the match. Awesome.

This game for me, too. The team had a tremendous attitude that day and were NOT losing. Seeing GLs celebration on TV afterwards was particularly sweet.

Promotion at Dumbarton was also great, put us back in the top league having failed the previous. From then we just went from strength to strength.

I also remember beating Aberdeen at Pittrodrie and Doddie ran towards the tunnel celebrating by twirling his maroon towel. Sounds stupid, but seeing how committed that team (& management) were, and how much it meant to Doddie was superb.

Lucille's Thirsty

Only wins will bring it back.

For me, the thing that always summed up us doing well in the post, was when we heard singing from the old stand.

From the old stand :lol:

You're no a Jambo mate.

You should try dressing up as someone else and accidentally bumping in to Hearts in a pub. Pretend you've never met and go to the game for the 'first time'.

Texaco Cup games against Coventry and Wolves under the floodlights........The colours and the smells.The distillery , pies, bovril and cigarette smoke.

And getting Henry to swing on the bar.... priceless!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

jambo-in-furness

Having our own football hymn that is recognised by every Scottish football fan as THE Hearts song.

Having banter with Cruicky at the school end, during the game.

Tynecastle.

Robbo.

The Shed.

Wee Blackie felling baldie.

Hating Albert Kidd (although he was only doing his job).

Wearing my grandads Hearts crest badge.

Being able to say :fth:

This, we think the same Morgan.

That's what happened to me. English, a few pints in Diggers and then Hearts v Kilmarnock. I've been coming back ever since.

Kinky! :thumbsup:

:D

Too many to mention.

But one night I'll never forget was as a young lad at 'The King' Willie Bauld's testimonial.

That was a very emotional night, especially for the older supporters who were there who had seen Willie all through his career with Hearts.

Sad and proud to have witnessed it.

Archived