Well done, Craig Levein

Watt-Zeefuik

This doesn't need to be just happy clapping when Cathro left I think everyone felt there were four bits of business that had to be taken care of of before the window shut.

Veteran keeper

Central mid with some energy and work rate

Attacking winger

Tell Rangers to pay up or GTF wrt. Walker

Boxes one through four ticked.

Now we have to see if they're any good, but for now, it certainly looks like job done.

Can't disagree with this. It's quite pleasant to have what seems like logical recruitment to fix weaknesses rather than just rushing in a load of players because things aren't going well.

This doesn't need to be just happy clapping when Cathro left I think everyone felt there were four bits of business that had to be taken care of of before the window shut.

Veteran keeper

Attacking winger

Now we have to see if they're any good, but for now, it certainly looks like job done.

Spot on

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Excellent start. Wins and points now. Groom those players into a unit, a team rather than a collection

I would still like to see us add a creative midfielder (obviously limited to out of contract players now) but overall you are spot on and common sense has prevailed.

As OP said we wanted a goalie, an energetic CM and some pace in attack preferably from wide

Anyone moaning about the last 3 days can **** off back to Easter road IMO.

I concur. ????

Would still love a Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley type. ????

Yes - and that type of player is falling off the trees at the minute............

Veteran keeper

Attacking winger

Pretty much everything the fans were wanting. I think we're still lacking width, but if Aidy White signs (as folk have rumoured since he's out of contract). That would give us an option there along with Moore. 

I'm very happy with the signings we've made. The boy from raith was captain too, so he must have that sort of personality which can only be a good thing!

Pretty much everything the fans were wanting. I think we're still lacking width, but if Aidy White signs (as folk have rumoured since he's out of contract). That would give us an option there along with Moore. 

I'm very happy with the signings we've made. The boy from raith was captain too, so he must have that sort of personality which can only be a good thing!

Briefly I hope folks don't go mental when it happens but I wouldn't be shocked to see Levein run us out in a 3-4-3 again in certain circumstances. If Smith-Brown is fit, then we do have attacking-minded wingbacks signed at the club and we should let them get forward if we can.

The positivity is returning to the club since Craig's appointment as manager. It's invigorating.

He'll torture Lennon, absolutely torture him.

yabadabadoo1874again

My pitchfork and blazing torch...packed away in loft for another day...jambos back on track with experienced leader...!!!

maroonnicky63

So lets get this right we could have got 600 k for Walker but instead we are going to let him walk for fee at the end of this season, aye ok then that is really good business right enough

rudi must stay

The positivity is returning to the club since Craig's appointment as manager. It's invigorating.

Way too early to say this

john brownlee

My happy train is starting to chug away nicely after a slow uphill, now that we have left the Catho station behind, all see is a bright horizon ahead.

Not my favourite driver, the others,well did not install confidence and were not fit for purpose. IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes - and that type of player is falling off the trees at the minute............

I'm also holding out for a Hartley/Cameron type, who I expect to perfectly compliment the Skacel and Robbo types that we are going to pick up on free transfers over the next couple of days

Tynecastlesmychurch

If Craig can get Walker to his best then we have a real chance at getting into Europe! Still think we need another winger tho!

August Landmesser

The mind games will be great fun. Spanked and sent home...

Some salty tears on those popcorn teeth, Neil?

So lets get this right we could have got 600 k for Walker but instead we are going to let him walk for fee at the end of this season, aye ok then that is really good business right enough

We valued him at ?2m, but Rangers were trying to get him for 25% of that and they couldn't even offer the money without some dodgy payment plan

The club setting an example here and I'm glad we didn't just let Rangers have him for peanuts

No, we could have got about a tenner, payable in instalments over five years, along with the guarantee that Rangers would try to get whoever else they want from us in the future on the cheap.

It is when you consider the ridiculous payment scheme that Rangers apparently offered. ?600K up front would likely have been accepted.

If Levein can focus Walker, he is worth more than that transfer fee to us.

Craig Levein will take us to another level.  We were 2nd when Neilson left.  I fully expect us to be challenging for that next season.  Think it might be a bit far away for this season.

We weren't desperate to sell Walker.  We put a valuation of ?1m on him, which nobody met, so we didn't let him go.  Seems fair enough to me.

Or, we could have accepted Rangers bid, let them strengthen at our expense, and send a message to everyone else that they can tap up any of our players they want, because we'll cave into them.

Craig Levein will take us to another level. We were 2nd when Neilson left. I fully expect us to be challenging for that next season. Think it might be a bit far away for this season.

If we can get through the Murrayfield games with decent points we then at some stage have a long run of games at Tynie - which Levein was a master at....

We could build up some real momentum and confidence.

We do certainly seem to be in a better position, whilst telling Rangers to GTF in the process, so happy with that.

Telling rangers to GTF would have sufficed. But hasn't he done well :)

I'd now like to see Djoum pushed further forward.

He played defensive mid for his country but, before that, when playing further forward he scored a few and was much more productive.

Could Craig convert him to that attacking mid we need?

scott herbertson

He played defensive mid for his country but, before that, when playing further forward he scored a few and was much more productive.

I agree - he had some of his best games in that role - getting it right between him, Cowie and (until recently) Walker has been a problem - will be good to see if CL can bring us back to an optimum structure which gets the best out of the team

I agree. If Callachan is good enough to start or if Souttar can be pushed forward into a defensive mid role, we can play a 4-1-3-2 with Djoum playing CAM and Cowie playing as a narrow right wing. Have Milinkovic on the left wing and Isma and Lafferty up front.

Our most important improvement after Cathro left may be the rehabilitation of Djoum.

It will take time and we're still carrying some below par players but I am happy with the fixes so far.

We have enough in the squad to compete in the top 6 and smash the vermin.

That'll do for now.

Thanks is due when the team perform on the park.

Everyone was chugging over the squad pre Peterhead disaster and Dunfermline. On paper we look okay, no idea what the two new boys will bring but it's kickback at it's finest, jumping the gun then when it doesn't work out greetin' to ****. Check the threads on the players in January (everyone else is jealous etc) and before the season started.

If we can get through the Murrayfield games with decent points we then at some stage have a long run of games at Tynie - which Levein was a master at....

We could build up some real momentum and confidence.

Let's not get carried away here we are only 2 relatively unknown players different to the team that's just lost to Motherwell.

Hopefully these players will make a huge difference to us but I certainly can't see it starting against Aberdeen they look streets ahead of us all over the pitch.

I would be delighted with a place in the top six this season to be honest and try to kick on next season when Levein is fully settled into the job and we are back playing Regularly at Tynecastle

Broken Record !

Ugly American, on 01 Sept 2017 - 5:04 PM, said:

I agree. If Callachan is good enough to start or if Souttar can be pushed forward into a defensive mid role, we can play a 4-1-3-2 with Djoum playing CAM and Cowie playing as a narrow right wing. Have Milinkovic on the left wing and Isma and Lafferty up front.

Our most important improvement after Cathro left may be the rehabilitation of Djoum.

Callaghan, according to my son in law who has played against him reckons he is more of a defensive midfielder so that would suit the formation if Djoum is to be pushed further forward

It will take time and we're still carrying some below par players but I am happy with the fixes so far.

We have enough in the squad to compete in the top 6 and smash the vermin.

That'll do for now.

Thumping the vermin is priority.

They've had their wee bit fun with the cup games.

They think theyve got Edinburgh back.

The Lochend shite are nowhere near the Hearts. They know it, we know it.

:fth:

Feel Good factor is back. I even managed to watch 90 min of the Scotland game which I've not done in years.

We know we made a ***** of it.

We accept we made a ***** of it.

We are working to fix it and get back to business.

Let them have their fun. We will be back soon enough.

We know it.

They know it.

Tick tock right enough. Their time is almost up.

It will be the massive maroon boaby up their farters very soon. Sans lube.

MacDonald Jardine

So let's show it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We know we made a ***** of it.

We accept we made a ***** of it.

We are working to fix it and get back to business.

Let them have their fun. We will be back soon enough.

We know it.

They know it.

Tick tock right enough. Their time is almost up.

It will be the massive maroon boaby up their farters very soon. Sans lube.

Bauld.

:yas:

So let's show it.

:2thumbsup:

The Hearts are getting their forum back!

Get shot of these infiltrating pieces of shit.

Be scared Hibs, be very scared.

We are coming for you wig wearers.

MacDonald Jardine

:2thumbsup:

The Hearts are getting their forum back!

Get shot of these infiltrating pieces of shit.

Be scared Hibs, be very scared.

We are coming for you wig wearers.

Less of the wig jokes please.

Archived