Jump to content
jumpship

Brexit Negotiations

Recommended Posts

Pans Jambo

Farage, Cameron, Boris & Mogg etc deserve a prison sentence IMO. 

Lying snake oil salesmen. Disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's an interesting question now. Boris said No Deal is okay. Supported too by many people, nearly a majority in polls. What will the public think now? 

 

What will they think of Boris?

 

 

That he’s a stooge getting his plums pulled by his pay masters within the Tory party.. who are desperate for brexit! Rees-Moog and his ilk are too smart to put themselves out front so they picked the big stupid one to be the whipping boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Newsnight starting.    Any ministers brave enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Elwood saying it's parliament's fault that it isn't in session.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back
29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Farage, Cameron, Boris & Mogg etc deserve a prison sentence IMO. 

Lying snake oil salesmen. Disgusting. 

 

I'm on this guys side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Kwarteng smearing the impartiality of Scottish judges by saying that "people up and down the country" are questioning their impartiality.      Not him though.

 

Aye... not much.     A new low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Kwarteng smearing the impartiality of Scottish judges by saying that "people up and down the country" are questioning their impartiality.      Not him though.

 

Aye... not much.     A new low.

Are they really?

 

Highest legal court in Scotland. 

 

Bloody SNP!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Kwarteng smearing the impartiality of Scottish judges by saying that "people up and down the country" are questioning their impartiality.      Not him though.

 

Aye... not much.     A new low.

 

That's slimy behaviour if true.

Edited by redjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

It is indeed the latest slitherings of a well known snake of a man.     Either:

 

1.    He's simply making it up in order to smear by invented proxy.

 

2.    People ARE saying these things.    But if they are... doesn't that simply make them utterly ignorant and therefore not even worth quoting?     There is no relevance to such profoundly ignorant nonsense and it adds nothing to the importance of the judgement.

 

People say we didn't land on the moon.    People say Adolf Hitler was working as a London bus conductor until 1973.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Kwarteng smearing the impartiality of Scottish judges by saying that "people up and down the country" are questioning their impartiality.      Not him though.

 

Aye... not much.     A new low.

 

Would he have said it if they’d up held the original decision.. no he wouldn’t!

It’s getting embarrassing now how much they’re trying to cover up this farce. Do they really think we’re that stupid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It is indeed the latest slitherings of a well known snake of a man.     Either:

 

1.    He's simply making it up in order to smear by invented proxy.

 

2.    People ARE saying these things.    But if they are... doesn't that simply make them utterly ignorant and therefore not even worth quoting?     There is no relevance to such profoundly ignorant nonsense and it adds nothing to the importance of the judgement.

 

People say we didn't land on the moon.    People say Adolf Hitler was working as a London bus conductor until 1973.    

 

Even if they weren't saying these things, some will be now because of statements like that. People are so easily led. How do we ever remedy that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
1 hour ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Fair? I don’t think Remain voters in those constituencies would necessarily agree. Just collateral damage?

 

Oh, **** up. "Fair" was a comment on the sentiment, not the reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

Would he have said it if they’d up held the original decision.. no he wouldn’t!

It’s getting embarrassing now how much they’re trying to cover up this farce. Do they really think we’re that stupid!

 

It's profoundly twisted.     To give relevance to incredibly stupid beliefs (real or assumed),   whilst distancing himself from those views.      So what is the purpose of relating berserk views to the decision?     I'm at a loss to think of any other credible purpose other than to degrade the validity of the ruling and/or the role of the courts to police an executive which is now dangerously out of control.

 

Bad,  bad times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee_Mellon
Just now, Justin Z said:

 

Oh, **** up. "Fair" was a comment on the sentiment, not the reality.

What’s behind the stars Justin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
Just now, Lee_Mellon said:

What’s behind the stars Justin?

 

The f word. "F up" means something entirely different in the States but I enjoy its airy, non-serious nature here in Scotland.

 

Anyway, relax on ol' Grand Moff, he may have been responsible for destroying an entire planet but he was commenting on a hypothetical, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

Even if they weren't saying these things, some will be now because of statements like that. People are so easily led. How do we ever remedy that?

 

 

That is the purpose.    Pitting people against an independent and highly learned judiciary.      Absolute DNA match for dictatorship.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee_Mellon
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

 

The f word. "F up" means something entirely different in the States but I enjoy its airy, non-serious nature here in Scotland.

 

Anyway, relax on ol' Grand Moff, he may have been responsible for destroying an entire planet but he was commenting on a hypothetical, nothing more.

Thanks for confirming my opinion of your posting style.

 

I don’t really care how hypothetical it is - for me, it was a cynical response to a cynical post by the Norse god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
Just now, Lee_Mellon said:

Thanks for confirming my opinion of your posting style.

 

I don’t really care how hypothetical it is - for me, it was a cynical response to a cynical post by the Norse god.

 

Happy to confirm on both accounts, mate. :thumbsup: Your opinion in each case is gash, so I'm not bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee_Mellon
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Happy to confirm on both accounts, mate. :thumbsup: Your opinion in each case is gash, so I'm not bothered.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

 

That he’s a stooge getting his plums pulled by his pay masters within the Tory party.. who are desperate for brexit! Rees-Moog and his ilk are too smart to put themselves out front so they picked the big stupid one to be the whipping boy. 

Interesting theory.

 

Has credible mileage.

 

 

Edited by DETTY29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
2 minutes ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Cheers

No bother. Always happy to raise the intellectuality of the debate. :qqb006:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

That is the purpose.    Pitting people against an independent and highly learned judiciary.      Absolute DNA match for dictatorship.     

The '#snpbad' and the efforts from Scottish Nationalists to restrict freedom of the press have been worrying too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Farage, Cameron, Boris & Mogg etc deserve a prison sentence IMO. 

Lying snake oil salesmen. Disgusting. 

Ach what's a £70k fine amongst multi, multi millionaire friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Kwarteng smearing the impartiality of Scottish judges by saying that "people up and down the country" are questioning their impartiality.      Not him though.

 

Aye... not much.     A new low.

His mother is/was a barrister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

Just read that here as well.

The journalist who broke the story says the version she saw was Base scenario but the government now phrasing it as "reasonable worst case".

 

 

Another lie from the government I suspect. The Doctor that had a wee spat with Mogg rebutted the idea that it was worst case scenario when a Tory MP suggested this on BBC news last week. 

 

He was behind the findings of Yellowhammer and said it was absolutely not worst case scenario.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Fair? I don’t think Remain voters in those constituencies would necessarily agree. Just collateral damage?

 

Correct.

Collateral damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Oh, **** up. "Fair" was a comment on the sentiment, not the reality.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

David Buik saying Scottish courts are not the real deal and Scots law is different and Mickey mouse. The presenter not having any of it.

A total fud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Petty, but fair.

 

9 hours ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Fair? I don’t think Remain voters in those constituencies would necessarily agree. Just collateral damage?

It is very petty. 

I'm quite sure the 62% up here aren't ecstatic at what's coming our way. 

 

Sadly it's where we are now. Most people can see this whole thing for what it is, but sadly a lot of people want to press on regardless. We probably need to let them.

 

It's a bit like dealing with a toddler trying to do something you know will hurt them and end in tears. Regardless of how many times you say no, they still keep trying to do it. 

Sometimes the hard lesson is the only way to ensure they don't do it again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
8 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

That's slimy behaviour if true.

 kwarteng is a ****ing robot.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

I think this is a fair comment 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think this is a fair comment 

 

 

 

Enemies of the people.

What a rag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Enemies of the people.

What a rag.

It's vile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM

Defence Minister on BBC Breakfast saying
"We are breaking up form a 40 year relationship
No one said it's going to be easy"
:rofl:

Remember this No Deal approach is a deliberate choice and will be the background for our starting point for the exact same negotiation with the EU as we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

A still redacted Yellowhammer report published and folk STILL advocating a no deal Brexit  :facepalm:

Aye ‘Britain’ voted to leave! Brexit means Brexit :vrface:  

 

Anyway, I cant get my head round why electricity would go up? Do we not produce our own electricity with wind and Nuclear and some coal/gas in the UK? 

Unless we are importing coal/gas for this purpose and tariffs mean an increase, how else will it cost more? Will the wind become more expensive? I dont understand. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SE16 3LN
16 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

I think there is almost zero chance of civil war. 

Yes, but serious civil unrest in almost inevitable in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes, but serious civil unrest in almost inevitable in my opinion.

Aye riots, medicine & food shortages, injuries, loss of life and hundreds of thousands of lost jobs but I am sure it’ll all be worth it in the end

:jj_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten
11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Defence Minister on BBC Breakfast saying
"We are breaking up form a 40 year relationship
No one said it's going to be easy"
:rofl:

Remember this No Deal approach is a deliberate choice and will be the background for our starting point for the exact same negotiation with the EU as we have now.

 

No-one. Well, apart from Liam Fox, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A still redacted Yellowhammer report published and folk STILL advocating a no deal Brexit  :facepalm:

Aye ‘Britain’ voted to leave! Brexit means Brexit :vrface:  

 

Anyway, I can get my head round why electricity would go up? Do we not produce our own electricity with wind and Nuclear and some coal/gas in the UK? 

Unless we are importing coal/gas for this purpose and tariffs mean an increase, how else will it cost more? Will the wind become more expensive? I dont understand. 

 

For what it's worth, the redacted part supposedly says petrol exports to the EU will become unprofitable due to tariffs.

 

I can see why they'd want to keep that on the down low.

 

Edit: Here's the paragraph from the leaked version that's in the public domain.

EENPzwBXkAErihh?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Justin Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z

EENMELsXoAI9U3u?format=png&name=900x900
I look at this document, written by the government, and think back on all the posts in this thread smugly dismissing real, genuine, legitimate concerns about Brexit as "Project Fear".

 

The human capacity for self-delusion is honestly astonishing. In the words of someone else, now that you know what you've voted for, it's okay to change your mind--it really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

EENMELsXoAI9U3u?format=png&name=900x900
I look at this document, written by the government, and think back on all the posts in this thread smugly dismissing real, genuine, legitimate concerns about Brexit as "Project Fear".

 

The human capacity for self-delusion is honestly astonishing. In the words of someone else, now that you know what you've voted for, it's okay to change your mind--it really is.

But but but...I dont want all those Poles taking our jobs!!!

And the laws, the EU laws I dont want to obey anymore!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten
10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

 

Would he have said it if they’d up held the original decision.. no he wouldn’t!

It’s getting embarrassing now how much they’re trying to cover up this farce. Do they really think we’re that stupid!

 

I wonder if he was on TV bumping his gums about the public losing their faith in the impartiality of the judiciary when the English court reached its decision last week. Would be interesting to know. In any case, his comments last night were disgraceful.

 

Yesterday's events have once again demonstrated clearly that the hard right-wing tendency in the Tory party - the arch-defenders of the Union - don't really much enjoy seeing the institutions of that Union work as they're supposed to unless they do the government's bidding. To the extent that they're actually aware of these institutions, that is.

 

Is there any UK political party - and I include the SNP - more intent on the break-up of the UK than the Tories?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s just daily facepalms :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

EENMELsXoAI9U3u?format=png&name=900x900
I look at this document, written by the government, and think back on all the posts in this thread smugly dismissing real, genuine, legitimate concerns about Brexit as "Project Fear".

 

The human capacity for self-delusion is honestly astonishing. In the words of someone else, now that you know what you've voted for, it's okay to change your mind--it really is.

What beggars even more belief is that despite this empirical evidence that it's going to be a monumental cluster **** the halfwits are not even close to having their 'light-bulb' moment, in fact they're doubling down and pushing even harder for this no-dea exit.

 

Where do you have to be in your life where that is even remotely close to being a good idea? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What beggars even more belief is that despite this empirical evidence that it's going to be a monumental cluster **** the halfwits are not even close to having their 'light-bulb' moment, in fact they're doubling down and pushing even harder for this no-dea exit.

 

Where do you have to be in your life where that is even remotely close to being a good idea? 

 

Because the gains are great for the rich.

 

Low tax free trade market economy with reduced employment rights etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Tories still saying No Deal is about negotiating with the EU. And so happy to see it happen. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Farage, Cameron, Boris & Mogg etc deserve a prison sentence IMO. 

Lying snake oil salesmen. Disgusting. 

Cameron campaigned passionately against leaving.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, leginten said:

 

I wonder if he was on TV bumping his gums about the public losing their faith in the impartiality of the judiciary when the English court reached its decision last week. Would be interesting to know. In any case, his comments last night were disgraceful.

 

Yesterday's events have once again demonstrated clearly that the hard right-wing tendency in the Tory party - the arch-defenders of the Union - don't really much enjoy seeing the institutions of that Union work as they're supposed to unless they do the government's bidding. To the extent that they're actually aware of these institutions, that is.

 

Is there any UK political party - and I include the SNP - more intent on the break-up of the UK than the Tories?

 

 

 

It's not that they're into the union, we're the last bastion of empire. They're not interested in our institutions except as tools of control. 

 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Cameron campaigned passionately against leaving.   

 

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

 

It's not that they're into the union, we're the last bastion of empire. They're not interested in our institutions except as tools of control. 

 

 

:laugh:

He did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...