Jump to content
*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
jumpship

Brexit Negotiations

Recommended Posts

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Na it’s only because people go on about stuff relentlessly now. On here, Twitter, Facebook, every single news programme it’s proper hammer time. 

How do you suppose Scottish indy would fare? No effects whatsoever....Just brexit that’s a nightmare is it? 

I just think people are hysterically soft these days.

O2 3g/4g goes down for a day and folk are weeping I n the streets,  unable to cope, phoning 5 Live and going off their heads.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems when they are utterly mentally unprepared for even the smallest luxury to vanish for all of a day

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

Perhaps we should make bullying ( old skool bullying- proper beatings, kicks in the nuts and general terror- not being rude on facebook) compulsory at school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Na it’s only because people go on about stuff relentlessly now. On here, Twitter, Facebook, every single news programme it’s proper hammer time. 

How do you suppose Scottish indy would fare? No effects whatsoever....Just brexit that’s a nightmare is it? 

Nope,  there'll be plenty. And I didn't say leaving the EU was a nightmare, but you will notice it.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I just think people are hysterically soft these days.

O2 3g/4g goes down for a day and folk are weeping I n the streets,  unable to cope, phoning 5 Live and going off their heads.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems when they are utterly mentally unprepared for even the smallest luxury to vanish for all of a day

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

Perhaps we should make bullying ( old skool bullying- proper beatings, kicks in the nuts and general terror- not being rude on facebook) compulsory at school

Because of your GP mates my Mrs is now dealing with a fecking massive blood clot in her Femoral vein.  She went to her gp who dismissed it when it was a swelling in her calf two weeks before it hit her thigh. So don't tell me I'm soft when my phone goes on the blink. Now away and concentrate on your day job ya bunch of hopeless muppets.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Because of your GP mates my Mrs is now dealing with a fecking massive blood clot in her Femoral vein.  She went to her gp who dismissed it when it was a swelling in her calf two weeks before it hit her thigh. So don't tell me I'm soft when my phone goes on the blink. Now away and concentrate on your day job ya bunch of hopeless muppets.

 

Didn't know 4g signals could cure blot clots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I have never seen a vote before where, if you lose, you lose your citizenship. some rights, and your passport

I am being dragged out against my will.

Most other votes are only for 5 years

This is not, its far more fundamental

 

Indeed. Which is why any sensible deal should include the right of UK citizens to maintain EU citizenship if they so choose (at an annual fee). But there's no sign of it doing so, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

 

Didn't know 4g signals could cure blot clots?

I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. So it's a bit shite when you're worried. But thanks for your concern.  

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Apologies but I'm going to take this completely off-topic because I am massively curious--Shaun, am I dreaming or did you mention at some point you've had to deal with dyspraxia? I ask because well, you know you're recognisable by your rather voluminous posting style, so I'm super curious about if you've got voice recognition technology or something to help with that. I am utterly fascinated by voice recognition tech (and by AI stuff generally) so I just wanted to ask.

 

So that it's not 100% off topic, here's a link to the projected European market for voice recognition technology in the next decade, which the UK may be cut off from!

 

European $1.66 Billion Voice Recognition Forecast

 

Yes, I am dyspraxic - but nah, no need for voice recognition technology in my case! As is all too horribly obvious, I have no problems using a keyboard or a computer.

 

My problems are instead with:

 

- Staying organised

- Having a structured lifestyle

- Walking correctly and physical posture (since I was a little kid, whenever I walk, my shoes kinda jut out in opposite directions)

- Cooking (an absolute shambles in my case)

- Putting appliances together (oh boy oh boy)

- Bending my wrist - none of the obvious jokes please! This means that, and I'm being deadly serious, I cannot whisk an egg. 

- Handwriting, which relates to the wrist problem... so thank goodness for computers. At school and uni, after exams, my wrist would be in agony and I'd have at least one (sometimes more) finger blister.

- Internet-enabled phones. I do not understand them and have impossible problems trying to use them

- Following practical instructions given by someone else. Sometimes, they've had to explain something to me 20 times before I've understood.

- Opening a plastic bag in a supermarket. If you've ever been stuck behind someone at the checkout or the fruit counter, the idiot holding everyone up who was getting more and more embarrassed by their inability to open a bag was more than likely me. 

 

Incidentally, I'm definitely not 'fascinated' by voice recognition software or AI. I'm terrified of it. Specifically: that the robots are taking over. :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. So it's a bit shite when you're worried. But thanks for your concern.  

Or you could have stopped at any supermarket and picked up a sim card for another network for free, then a data bundle thing for a tenner

 

but no, its easier for folk to moan like mad, demand compensayshun, and call the radio about how bad it was for them.

Blitz mentality.

Keep calm and carry on.

Imagine not being at the end of a phone for a few hours........ sounds like my life until I was in my mid 20's- and it was great- so much less stress.

" why have the kids not called/ why has my wife not texted/ why have they not answered the phone/ why have you not called?"

How did we ever cope?

THe answer is really well- 99.99999999999999% of communications are utterly pointless. the other 1% write and post a letter, or walk to a phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
7 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I, and my wife and kids will have our passports rescinded, and our EU citizenship removed without our consent, and in fact against our will.

 

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

My kids were BORN as EU citizens, and have EU passports.

I have an EU passport.

We will all lose out EU citizenship AND have our passports taken off us against our will.

 

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I am being dragged out against my will.

 

43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I just think people are hysterically soft these days.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit 

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Like loss of mobile signal is equivalent to your citizenship being revoked, loss of some basic human rights and protections and some employment rights and legal protections.

It would be like my life had been utterly defined by failure to pull a nanny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Like loss of mobile signal is equivalent to your citizenship being revoked, loss of some basic human rights and protections and some employment rights and legal protections.

It would be like my life had been utterly defined by failure to pull a nanny

 

You wrote - and you're a doctor FFS - "No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems". 

 

The problem with your ridiculous opinions is, quite remarkably for someone in your field, they're almost never based on science or evidence. Only on your prejudices. If someone comes into your surgery with depression or feeling suicidal, do you tell them to "pull yourself together and stop being soft"?

 

You're like a walking caricature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

You wrote - and you're a doctor FFS - "No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems". 

 

The problem with your ridiculous opinions is, quite remarkably for someone in your field, they're almost never based on science or evidence. Only on your prejudices. If someone comes into your surgery with depression or feeling suicidal, do you tell them to "pull yourself together and stop being soft"?

 

You're like a walking caricature. 

Not sure which opinions are ridiculous.

Or that having opinions is remarkable.

Christ, if you ever tried a night out with dr's  "off duty" it would blow your tiny little mind mon amis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

You wrote - and you're a doctor FFS - "No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems". 

 

The problem with your ridiculous opinions is, quite remarkably for someone in your field, they're almost never based on science or evidence. Only on your prejudices. If someone comes into your surgery with depression or feeling suicidal, do you tell them to "pull yourself together and stop being soft"?

 

You're like a walking caricature. 

And to be honest I see some of the many things that stress people and what my children class as "bullying", and frankly its not.

Last week it was released that 1 in 4 adolescent girls has mental health problems.

if it gets any higher then it will be abnormal to be normal and psychiatry will start prescribing depressant drugs to happy teens to make them like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimKongUno
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You'll notice alright.  Scottish exports have grown by 20% in one year. Oil and gas exports to the EU are now worth £8b(You know , that black worthless stuff, nobody wants to buy).  Yet NI gets to stay, while we get felt.  80000 jobs down the swanny😂, but you'll not notice. Stevie Wonder.

 

oils at $50 barrell , struggling to break even at that price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
Just now, doctor jambo said:

And to be honest I see some of the many things that stress people and what my children class as "bullying", and frankly its not.

Last week it was released that 1 in 4 adolescent girls has mental health problems.

if it gets any higher then it will be abnormal to be normal and psychiatry will start prescribing depressant drugs to happy teens to make them like everyone else.

 

The correct response is to ask "why is this?". It is not to arrogantly dismiss them while displaying zero awareness or empathy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

The correct response is to ask "why is this?". It is not to arrogantly dismiss them while displaying zero awareness or empathy. 

I think he touched on it already. People have no resilience. 

It's for another thread but I'd be interested to hear what problems the 1 in 4 are suffering from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Of course immigration played a very important role in Brexit. Vote Leave and Leave.EU wouldn't have focused on it so much if it hadn't. But the problem is you totally over-egg the pudding. You smear just about all Leave voters as having been motivated by immigration, when only some were. Not enough to win either.

 

The reason Leave won is because, against a hopeless, miserable, pathetic Remain campaign, they articulated an optimistic, positive view of 'Big World Britain'. It was short on detail, sure; it was very short on detail, in fact. But that's what made the difference in the middle, where elections are always decided.

 

The centre ground of the referendum should've been dominated by Remain. Instead, led by the same idiots who masterminded Labour and the Lib Dems' disasters in 2015, Remain offered pretty much nothing. Which is why I always thought Leave would win.

 

https://medium.com/@shaunjlawson/be-in-no-doubt-vote-leave-are-going-to-win-this-referendum-84997776e82d

 

I didn't write this piece above with any pleasure. I was horrified at the prospect of Leave's victory. But it happened because of the absolute failure of anyone representing Remain to connect with the public. Technocratic arguments will never be any substitute for people's day to day lives, or for their aspirations.

 

Leave was not done on positive reasons 

 

Austerity, very hard squeeze on wages since financial crisis and some concerns at change including immigration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. So it's a bit shite when you're worried. But thanks for your concern.  

 

And you failed to provide an additional means of emergency communications as a contingency?

 

You must be spewing you were so negligent.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
35 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

 

oils at $50 barrell, struggling to break even at that price

 

Everything about this post is completely wrong. Even the price you mention!! How hard is it to use google? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimKongUno
2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

 

Everything about this post is completely wrong. Even the price you mention!! How hard is it to use google? 😂

 

it was $50 this morning , at that price its about as profitable as a barrel of shit . Theyve recently agreed to cut production to force the price back up to $60 .

Were in the money :scenes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

 

Everything about this post is completely wrong. Even the price you mention!! How hard is it to use google? 😂

 

Quicker even than Google is Twitter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
5 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

 

it was $50 this morning , at that price its about as profitable as a barrel of shit . Theyve recently agreed to cut production to force the price back up to $60 .

Were in the money :scenes:

 

It was $60 this morning. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cmjpj223708t/oil

 

Not surprised you don’t know the difference between WTI and Brent tbh.

 

Most North Sea operators have cut lifting costs to around $25 a barrel after the crash.

 

Add in the fact that the pound is weak (product is  sold in $’s but costs are £’s) and it’s little wonder that more projects have been sanctioned in the last year than the previous 3 combined. 

 

Best just to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about! 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

 

It was $60 this morning. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cmjpj223708t/oil

 

Not surprised you don’t know the difference between WTI and Brent tbh.

 

Most North Sea operators have cut lifting costs to around $25 a barrel after the crash.

 

Add in the fact that the pound is weak (product is  sold in $’s but costs are £’s) and it’s little wonder that more projects have been sanctioned in the last year than the previous 3 combined. 

 

Best just to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about! 😘

Unionists revel in the fact Scotland is a proper cadger nation that needs propped up, bailed out and telt what’s what. 

It’s ****ing bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

And you failed to provide an additional means of emergency communications as a contingency?

 

You must be spewing you were so negligent.    

My sons, but I didnt know my phone was fecked. But hey, you enjoyed it, that's what mattered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My sons, but I didnt know my phone was fecked. But hey, you enjoyed it, that's what mattered.

 

Enjoyed?   No.     Interested at you not having a back-up mode of communication,    despite the seriousness and the moaning about O2.

 

Top tip.     Adequate planning > eggs in one basket.     It will prevent the need to cry about network issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think he touched on it already. People have no resilience.  

 

Some months back, you revealed your glaring levels of obliviousness on such matters as student loan debt, the near-impossibility of buying a home, fragile or zero hours employment. From that, I suspect you're probably also oblivious that austerity has killed 120,000 people (and that's a figure from years ago; it'll be higher now), not to mention the catastrophic levels of homelessness and the hideous impact of universal credit.

 

When the young and the poor are treated like shit - in the latter case, so much shit that, hello, they voted for Brexit, because the status quo could hardly have failed them more - the right response is not to label them as "having no resilience". That is what you're doing again here. It's embarrassing. 

 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Leave was not done on positive reasons 

 

Austerity, very hard squeeze on wages since financial crisis and some concerns at change including immigration. 

 

But on the contrary. Leave made it sound as though Brexit would fix this. As the alternative was "more of the same", naturally, people jumped at the chance. 

 

Yes, that makes Leave a bunch of lying *******s. But they tapped into something which was already there: and is slowly bringing down the old order across much of Europe. The protests in France right now - and the disgracefully heavy-handed response of the authorities? All part of the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Na it’s only because people go on about stuff relentlessly now. On here, Twitter, Facebook, every single news programme it’s proper hammer time. 

How do you suppose Scottish indy would fare? No effects whatsoever....Just brexit that’s a nightmare is it? 

 

The thing is, there’s a plan after Indy is won and what happens, with Brexit there wasn’t and still isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

 

The thing is, there’s a plan after Indy is won and what happens, with Brexit there wasn’t and still isn’t. 

There can never be a plan for these things. You won’t get everything you want and neither will the other side. 

Thats where the whole thing went wrong people demanding answers to things nobody can ever answer. You have to want it and the rest sorts it itself over time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There can never be a plan for these things. You won’t get everything you want and neither will the other side. 

Thats where the whole thing went wrong people demanding answers to things nobody can ever answer. You have to want it and the rest sorts it itself over time. 

 

 

Scotland is half independent anyway, it’s just a matter of crossing a few T’s and dotting a few I’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Awful lot of assumptions built into all those assumptions. Awfully defensive for being so squeaky clean too, especially considering I didn't insinuate the half of what you've convinced yourself I have. For what it's worth, you'd be on my block list, not getting multiple replies, if I thought anything close to that was actually true.

 

You speak of voting on principle--on blind principle--barely a day after you challenged people on their wisdom. The irony of that is apparently also lost on you. But you can't get away from the group you chose to vote with. Much like someone who voted for Donald Trump on principle, there's really no reason to defend the character of the company you've chosen to keep--just live with it and maybe consider next time there can be no wisdom in such a mindless choice.

 

Wait a minute.

I did not vote for anyone.

I voted to leave the EU.

There are many politicians who are the remain side that you would not associate with.

 

And again the choice of words to rubbish my vote as mindless choice.

I call someone a plum and get warning points you and Shaun have found a lot of ways to describe me as thick as the basis of your argument.

 

 

 

Mindless choice is classic I will give you that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I just think people are hysterically soft these days.

O2 3g/4g goes down for a day and folk are weeping I n the streets,  unable to cope, phoning 5 Live and going off their heads.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems when they are utterly mentally unprepared for even the smallest luxury to vanish for all of a day

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

Perhaps we should make bullying ( old skool bullying- proper beatings, kicks in the nuts and general terror- not being rude on facebook) compulsory at school

Agree, next thing they will be screaming hysterically about losing their passports and their EU citizenship😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
2 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

 

oils at $50 barrell , struggling to break even at that price

Oil goes up and down in value soon the time. That's why we decided decades ago to have an oil fund to cope with this.  Whoops 

Edited by XB52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Oil goes up and down in value soon the time. That's why we decided decades ago to have an oil fund to cope with this.  Whoops 

I think he needs to find out what oils what. US crude is now $53pb and Brent is $63 pb. It dropped because producers flooded the market thinking sanctions on Iran from America would cause a shortfall, but they ended up with too much.  Now Russia and SA have agreed to cut production,  setting oil prices soaring 2% for USC and 6% for BC. But hey, nothing matters because in Scotland anything good is worthless. Whisky is worthless at £5b a year to UK. We're doooooooomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Some months back, you revealed your glaring levels of obliviousness on such matters as student loan debt, the near-impossibility of buying a home, fragile or zero hours employment. From that, I suspect you're probably also oblivious that austerity has killed 120,000 people (and that's a figure from years ago; it'll be higher now), not to mention the catastrophic levels of homelessness and the hideous impact of universal credit.

 

When the young and the poor are treated like shit - in the latter case, so much shit that, hello, they voted for Brexit, because the status quo could hardly have failed them more - the right response is not to label them as "having no resilience". 

Shaun 

Your post is a lot of shit, and given the volume of shit you post that's a high bar.

Not agreeing with your point of view is not obliviousness. Your latest incarnation is reaching Bono levels of piousness.

 

Given you know **** all about me r my background your assumption on the deaths linked to austerity and universal credit is frankly ****ing offensive.

 

Your final point is embarassing and in amongst that pile of shite it's a real shining nugget.

 

So in summary. Go **** yourself. 

 

Good evening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

The Nordic council is where Scotland should be heading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
51 minutes ago, jake said:

Wait a minute.

I did not vote for anyone.

I voted to leave the EU.

There are many politicians who are the remain side that you would not associate with.

 

And again the choice of words to rubbish my vote as mindless choice.

I call someone a plum and get warning points you and Shaun have found a lot of ways to describe me as thick as the basis of your argument.

 

 

 

Mindless choice is classic I will give you that.

 

 

Mate you said yourself you voted leave on principle. Pretty much saying you put no thought into it whatsoever, you just did so to express your preconceived underlying belief, "EU bad, Establishment bad". So unless you meant something else by "on principle" . . . in which case you need to more carefully choose your words, because words matter.

 

Just restating what you've said and criticising your choice of vote for exactly what you yourself said it is, I would hope, not a forum rules violation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
57 minutes ago, jake said:

There are many politicians who are the remain side that you would not associate with.

 

Oh and this bit. Yes, of course there are. That's an excellent point actually.

 

I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is "thick". But he's clearly also voted leave "on principle", without any ****ing concept of what exactly it would entail or mean to the country, especially with Tories in power. Just absolutely ****ing blind to the reality of the situation at the time the question came up.

 

Under different circumstances, I might very well have been inclined to side with Leave. Neither summer 2016 nor now are the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Shaun 

Your post is a lot of shit, and given the volume of shit you post that's a high bar.

Not agreeing with your point of view is not obliviousness. Your latest incarnation is reaching Bono levels of piousness.

 

Given you know **** all about me r my background your assumption on the deaths linked to austerity and universal credit is frankly ****ing offensive.

 

Your final point is embarassing and in amongst that pile of shite it's a real shining nugget.

 

So in summary. Go **** yourself. 

 

Good evening.

 

 

:sob: 

 

Pro tip: if you don't type bollocks, I won't call you out on it. As I will again now. That you're apparently oblivious of how unhappy and angry most peoples across Europe are with the same old awful status quo is truly remarkable. But hey ho, I guess their anger must be because they're just "not resilient". :rolleyes: 

 

I'd never thought you lived in a bubble until the last few months. Now I do.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
3 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

 

oils at $50 barrell , struggling to break even at that price

Brent oil is $63 pb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

:sob: 

 

Pro tip: if you don't type bollocks, I won't call you out on it. As I will again now. That you're apparently oblivious of how unhappy and angry most peoples across Europe are with the same old awful status quo is truly remarkable. But hey ho, I guess their anger must be because they're just "not resilient". :rolleyes: 

 

I'd never thought you lived in a bubble until the last few months. Now I do.  

 

 

Allow me to reiterate. Not agreeing with your skewed world view does not make one oblivious. 

 

Shaun I respect your right to come on here and 'call me out' with your pro tips, rapier wit and wonderful command of the English language and written word, but **** me you don't half come out with some utter shite.

 

I think you're over educated and it prevents you from disseminating other people's posts and not taking away what they are saying but what you think they are saying then compounding it by transposing what you think they are thinking. The end product is borderline offensive at times and generally makes you look like a bit of condescending dick.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderstruck
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Some of your anti-SNP/Independence posts are funny but this is pure insanity. You can't actually believe that the Unionists in Scotland didn't vote, by a huge majority, to leave the dreaded EU so the glorious Britannia can rule the waves???? 

If you do believe that then I know a Nigerian prince that would love to get in touch with you

 

You would have to indulge is some tortured arithmetic to conclude that the ‘huge’ or even any majority of Unionists in Scotland voted to Leave. Maybe you could show us your workings. 

 

This little chart might help you:-

180F170C-CE8D-4589-96C6-6CBC90A8F642.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

 

You would have to indulge is some tortured arithmetic to conclude that the ‘huge’ or even any majority of Unionists in Scotland voted to Leave. Maybe you could show us your workings. 

 

This little chart might help you:-

180F170C-CE8D-4589-96C6-6CBC90A8F642.png

 

YouGov :lol:

 

https://yougov.co.uk/about/investors/board-of-directors/

 

Always good to see a member of HSBC in there. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There can never be a plan for these things. You won’t get everything you want and neither will the other side. 

Thats where the whole thing went wrong people demanding answers to things nobody can ever answer. You have to want it and the rest sorts it itself over time. 

 

 

Good luck selling another ‘no plan’ independence attempt to a population that is sick and tired after years of dispute and uncertainty. How stupid do you think the voting public are if you think it would fly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulysses

So, those Brexit negotiations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

 

Good luck selling another ‘no plan’ independence attempt to a population that is sick and tired after years of dispute and uncertainty. How stupid do you think the voting public are if you think it would fly. 

No, be honest its not the populace it’s you who is sick and tired because you want the whole thing to go away....well here’s the news it won’t go away and likely won’t be over until you’ve lost.  

It also wouldn’t matter if they laid a plan out a plan and broke it down to the very last penny it would only give the likes of you fuel to try poke holes in absolutely everything. That’s actually what you want, you want a plan so you can attempt to pick phantom holes in something that you have no idea about either, you couldn’t know, nobody does which is kind of my point. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

So, those Brexit negotiations?

Yeah exactly. Sorry it’s easy for this to spill into ANOTHER Indy chat :facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

So, those Brexit negotiations?

 

Were there some?   About time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderstruck
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No, be honest its not the populace it’s you who is sick and tired because you want the whole thing to go away....well here’s the news it won’t go away and likely won’t be over until you’ve lost.  

It also wouldn’t matter if they laid a plan out a plan and broke it down to the very last penny it would only give the likes of you fuel to try poke holes in absolutely everything. That’s actually what you want, you want a plan so you can attempt to pick phantom holes in something that you have no idea about either, you couldn’t know, nobody does which is kind of my point. 

 

 

 

If you don’t pick up on the weariness with constitutional wrangling, you really should get out more. 

 

You don’t want a plan because it would get picked to pieces. If it was a good enough plan, it might be difficult to pick holes in it, don’t you think? 

 

But that’s not the problem, is it? The problem is that you have nothing of tangible worth to sell.

 

You have, at least, confirmed that Democracy is dead with, ‘It won’t be over until you’ve lost’. Then what - a deeply divided Scotland where the ‘losers’ in any vote immediately clamour for a re-run.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Oh and this bit. Yes, of course there are. That's an excellent point actually.

 

I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is "thick". But he's clearly also voted leave "on principle", without any ****ing concept of what exactly it would entail or mean to the country, especially with Tories in power. Just absolutely ****ing blind to the reality of the situation at the time the question came up.

 

Under different circumstances, I might very well have been inclined to side with Leave. Neither summer 2016 nor now are the time.

If it is not now it never will be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

So, those Brexit negotiations?

Dont you mean those remain negotiations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×