Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

51 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You don't need to go too deep nor get too thoughtful when ridiculing these mindless plebs. 😊

That's handy for you then.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, jake said:

That's handy for you then.

Just about shrugged it off yet? 😁

Foreign care workers to be given special work visas after Brexit.

I imagine that fruit pickers, factory staff and hospitality workers will be following suit over the coming months.

:gocompare:

The Mighty Thor
On 11/07/2020 at 01:07, NANOJAMBO said:

I read that the local MP Damien Green, a Tory brexiteer, was bumping his gums about this. 

What did you think was going to happen?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 11:42, Cade said:

Brexit fanatics who have applied for or bought EU citizenship:

Nigel Farage = German passport

Nigel Lawson = French passport

Stanley Johnson = French passport (which was denied, he is now stuck in England with the plebs)

Alan Howard (tory party and brexit campaign donor) = Cypriot passport

Jeremy Isaacs (tory party and brexit campaign donor) = Cypriot passport

Christopher Chandler (founder of Legatum, a hard brexit think tank) = Maltese passport

Mark Soleson (chief executive of Legatum) = Maltese passport

Jacob Rees-Mogg has moved a portion of his business interests to Dublin, so he can access the Single Market and avoid border checks.

James Dyson has moved his entire operation to Singapore.

Sir Jim Radcliffe (UK's richest man, brexiteer) has moved to Monaco.

Lord Ashcroft has had at least three nationalities for year (UK and Belize and Turks and Caicos islands as well) and has encouraged businesses to register in Malta instead of the UK.

Barclay twins = Monaco.

Louise Mensch = New York.

Steve Hilton (ex-Cameron advisor, now Fox News contributor) = USA

Niall Ferguson = USA

Richard Littlejohn (Sun and Daily Mail hate preacher) = Vero Beach, Florida.

I could go on all day but I think I've made my point.

Brexit is for the little people.

The people who pushed so hard for it have all gotten themselves EU or other nationalities sorted.

If you are entitled why wouldn't you.

On 11/07/2020 at 01:07, NANOJAMBO said:

Part of a strategy in case of potential problems.

On 12/07/2020 at 12:45, The Mighty Thor said:

I read that the local MP Damien Green, a Tory brexiteer, was bumping his gums about this. 

What did you think was going to happen?

Well if the guardians hit rate on its scaremongering is the measure nobody does.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Well if the guardians hit rate on its scaremongering is the measure nobody does.

What "potential problems" ? 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

11 minutes ago, jake said:

If you are entitled why wouldn't you.

You're deliberately missing the point. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jake said:

We're beyond project fear Jake. We're out. Its done. The Ashford lorry Park is a reality to mitigate the import/export documentation that UK Gov say will be required and the delays and queues that this will cause at the cross channel points of Dover and euro tunnel Ashford. 

There will be lots more of these things that were definitely not going to happen which will now definitely happen as we exit on 31/12.

The UK Government now expects to abandon hope of getting a trade deal.

Lest we forget that the Government implored us to vote for them as a Brexit Deal was 'oven ready' and their manifesto said the NHS and food standards would not be at risk in any future trade deals.

All us remoaners had been saying this for years, that Brexit was a massive con job but hey, we lost and never got over it.

• 3 weeks later...

So just seen the news where they are flying the flags and triumphantly announcing that instead of a 14% dive in the economy next year, it will be much improved at just a 9.5% dive with unemployment doubling by Christmas.

Well that's all-right then isn't it?

The economy crashed by 2% when the banks collapsed in 2009 so 9.5% should be a breeze 🙄

Got to love them tories eh!

EDIT: & by the way that DOESN'T include whats coming down the tracks from Brexit in 2021.

Edited by Pans Jambo

This is frightening on top of the pandemic. 
Any sensible person or government would pull the pin now and hit reverse gear. 

47 minutes ago, Cade said:

Ian Duncan Smith demands that the Withdrawal Agreement be re-written.

EU tells him to feck off.

:rofl:

Oh, my!

What a surprise...

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So just seen the news where they are flying the flags and triumphantly announcing that instead of a 14% dive in the economy next year, it will be much improved at just a 9.5% dive with unemployment doubling by Christmas.

Well that's all-right then isn't it?

The economy crashed by 2% when the banks collapsed in 2009 so 9.5% should be a breeze 🙄

Got to love them tories eh!

EDIT: & by the way that DOESN'T include whats coming down the tracks from Brexit in 2021.

Much as I hate the Tories, blaming them for the Global Down turn resulting from the Pandemic is a new one on me 😀

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Ian Duncan Smith demands that the Withdrawal Agreement be re-written.

EU tells him to feck off.

:rofl:

Brilliant bit on LBC yesterday morning. Clips of IDS from when the deal was being voted on by Johnson's Parliament, saying it was a great deal, copper bottomed, there was no need for parliamentary review as it was that good a deal. Fast forward and he's whining about how unfair it all is. 

Fud.

35 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Much as I hate the Tories, blaming them for the Global Down turn resulting from the Pandemic is a new one on me 😀

Brexit wont help but to be honest, its the flag waving and the "embellishing" of a shite news story that annoys me about it. They are the kings of polishing turds!

43 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It's quite a stretch. Tho, they keep blaming Labour for the Global crash.   ⚖️

Government sets out an annual quota of raw cane sugar which can be imported without taxes.

Sounds great, like some free trade utopia thing.

Until you look closer and realise there is only one company that imports raw cane sugar.

Tate&Lyle, Tory party donors and Brexit fanatics.

Every other company uses UK-grown sugar beet as the source of their raw ingredients.

Not only does this new tariff-free quota save Tate&Lyle £73million a year on import duties, but it undercuts all the domestic producers of sugar.

Also known as "THE FARMERS".

:gok:

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2020 at 14:35, Cade said:

Government sets out an annual quota of raw cane sugar which can be imported without taxes.

Sounds great, like some free trade utopia thing.

Until you look closer and realise there is only one company that imports raw cane sugar.

Tate&Lyle, Tory party donors and Brexit fanatics.

Every other company uses UK-grown sugar beet as the source of their raw ingredients.

Not only does this new tariff-free quota save Tate&Lyle £73million a year on import duties, but it undercuts all the domestic producers of sugar.

Also known as "THE FARMERS".

:gok:

This is nonsense.

10 hours ago, weehammy said:

Never catch anyone flag waving up here though 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

So Brexit an all that entails is reason to "fly the flag"? Its a car crash!

Every published metric on Brexit (including the UK governments own) has show that Brexit will make the country poorer but hey, rool brittania and all that!!!

At least we will get our borders back (unless you have a 12 foot yellow dingy).

The tories WANT a no deal Brexit. They will make you suffer to keep their rich pals even richer. They dont care about the NHS or the people who live on these islands but as long as your cosy under your union jack duvet cover, thats all good.

As far as flags go, the UJ will be getting removed from the top of Edinburgh Castle soon enough.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Weakened Offender

Pretty scary stuff being rehearsed at the old Glencourse Barracks over the past 18 months for anyone who's looking forward to taking back control. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Pretty scary stuff being rehearsed at the old Glencourse Barracks over the past 18 months for anyone who's looking forward to taking back control. 

Would that be the army or police?

It’s just that Redford Barracks have had a lot of police vehicles there.

Maybe just routine training.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Army in training .

Shockarooni

We send soldiers to train other army's on a constant basis.

For anyone who thinks we might be empire building after brexit.

🙄

10 minutes ago, jake said:

How so mate?

The UK sugar market is larger than what can be supplied by domestically grown beets. There's only really two main players anyway. Raw cane sugar is more expensive than world pricing. EU agricultural policy is understandably protective of beet sugar as cane sugar obviously comes from emerging economies in the Caribbean and India, also Australia. Therefore the UK could avoid paying EU tariffs on imported beet sugar, mostly from France by switching supply to cane sugar producing countries and taking advantage of the refining capacity at Tate&Lyle.  

3 hours ago, pablo said:

The UK sugar market is larger than what can be supplied by domestically grown beets. There's only really two main players anyway. Raw cane sugar is more expensive than world pricing. EU agricultural policy is understandably protective of beet sugar as cane sugar obviously comes from emerging economies in the Caribbean and India, also Australia. Therefore the UK could avoid paying EU tariffs on imported beet sugar, mostly from France by switching supply to cane sugar producing countries and taking advantage of the refining capacity at Tate&Lyle.  

So good news on the sugar front then.

Cade will be gutted.

😂

Domestic sugar beet producers will be undercut by the imported stuff.

That's a fact.

Spin it all you want, doesn't change the facts.

And we all know what happened when it became cheaper to import coal than produce it at home.

Edited by Cade

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Cade said:

That's a fact.

We've got sugar. 

Utopia. 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

That's a fact.

And we all know what happened when it became cheaper to import coal than produce it at home.

Imported what? Beet or Cane? We have to import a lot of our sugar anyway, we're not self sufficient. Beet also needs to be close to the refinery to be profitable. That's why all the farms are in the South East. The market is dominated by only two players British Sugar and Tate&Lyle.

You're looking for an angle that's not there. 

Edited by pablo

The Mighty Thor
12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

but hey, rool brittania and all that!!!

Or not as the case may be.

The gammonati are getting fair het up at the BBC binning the fireside favourites from last night of the proms.

I feel for them. The arse is being ripped from their world and the very institutions that ought to defend them are selling them down the river.

Shame. 

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would that be the army or police?

It’s just that Redford Barracks have had a lot of police vehicles there.

Maybe just routine training.

Riot Plod. 

3 hours ago, weehammy said:

Flag flying is what nationalists do so not for me.

I totally agree that a brexit will make us poorer in all sorts of ways which is why I didn’t support it.

Independence will also make us poorer, however, which is why I don’t support it .

Why will indy make us poorer? You agree staying in the UK will make us poorer but your argument is we should stay? If you think the tories will ever get any better or Labour will come to the rescue they just wont.

scrapping the lot of it and starting fresh on our own is the way forward.

Why is Scotland be the only country in this part of Europe that has to rely on its bigger neighbour for financial support??? It doesnt, its nonsense!

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why will indy make us poorer? You agree staying in the UK will make us poorer but your argument is we should stay? If you think the tories will ever get any better or Labour will come to the rescue they just wont.

scrapping the lot of it and starting fresh on our own is the way forward.

Why is Scotland be the only country in this part of Europe that has to rely on its bigger neighbour for financial support??? It doesnt, its nonsense!

Scottish independence is better for everyone, Scotland and England. 

Brexit taken off the agenda at the next EU leader's summit.

There's nothing to report so it's a waste of time even talking about it.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brexit taken off the agenda at the next EU leader's summit.

There's nothing to report so it's a waste of time even talking about it.

What?

You mean they're not taking heed of the Mail & Express headlines telling everyone the EU are forcing us into a no deal exit?

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What?

You mean they're not taking heed of the Mail & Express headlines telling everyone the EU are forcing us into a no deal exit?

:spoton:

Seeing U turns are the latest fashion with the UK government will they do a U turn over Brexit or at least extend the 31st December deadline date. 

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Seeing U turns are the latest fashion with the UK government will they do a U turn over Brexit or at least extend the 31st December deadline date. 

No because a No deal car crash Brexit is EXACTLY what the ERG's plan was all along. They want to turn the UK into a tax haven with most folk employed on minimum wage servicing rich multinationals. They (the tories) just dont give AF!

Chatter is Boris will go after the dust has settled.

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No because a No deal car crash Brexit is EXACTLY what the ERG's plan was all along. They want to turn the UK into a tax haven with most folk employed on minimum wage servicing rich multinationals. They (the tories) just dont give AF!

Chatter is Boris will go after the dust has settled.

If we do. Crash Out I can see a revolt happening and we rejoin. Especially if the masses are hit in the pocket. 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

If we do. Crash Out I can see a revolt happening and we rejoin. Especially if the masses are hit in the pocket. 

I would go along with that but the great unwashed (who voted for it) still believe Boris's bus. It's jam tomorrow for them and they will wait for it damn it!

(OK for Boris to do a U-Turn but no way the Brexiteers will want to admit they were wrong, just as they hand their house keys over to the bailiffs).

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Chatter is Boris will go

it’s already be revealed by Demonic Cummings father Boris will go early next year. Obviously denied by No 10 The old tactic Start a rumour, deny the rumour, carry out the rumour.

Edited by Boy Daniel
Denied.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I would go along with that but the great unwashed (who voted for it) still believe Boris's bus. It's jam tomorrow for them and they will wait for it damn it!

(OK for Boris to do a U-Turn but no way the Brexiteers will want to admit they were wrong, just as they hand their house keys over to the bailiffs).

They will be lucky to have bread never mind jam. 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

They will be lucky to have bread never mind jam. 

True that but the worrying this about it is...we are being dragged along too!

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )