Murrayfield pitch size?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Will the Murrayfield pitch size be the same dimensions as Tynecastle Park?

Will the grass be cut to same height also?

Cant tell if serious? but if it is the answers are as follows:

Dimensions - no

Grass - Yes

I'm sure Motherwell changed their pitch dimensions mid-season a couple of years ago and had to wait until they played everyone before they could (although I could be remembering this wrongly).

Would be comically horrible watching a game a murrayfield played on tynie dimensions.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Well the smaller pitch size the better, we don't have width or pace and would be better slugging it out against the sheep

Well the smaller pitch size the better, we don't have width or pace and would be better slugging it out against the sheep

I'm not sure slugging it out with them would be much better. Our midfield would struggle to slug it out with a bunch of 12 year olds. Unless we make a few quality signings before we play the sheep they will beat us however we set up to play them.

I would have thought it was slightly wider than Tynecastle. Remember the claymores having t heir bench and squad players well onto the pitch.

A long way from the supporters in the stand.

Sexton Hardcastle

Surely they can have the dimensions as they please. Maybe has to replicate that for rest of the season.

Rangers changed theirs in the lower leagues to a more compact pitch.

Watt-Zeefuik

I would have thought it was slightly wider than Tynecastle. Remember the claymores having t heir bench and squad players well onto the pitch.

American football sidelines are considerably narrower than fitba touchlines.

Pasquale for King

NFL pitches are all the same size and width, much thinner than rugby pitches. We will surely keep the pitch the same size considering our lack of pace.

American football sidelines are considerably narrower than fitba touchlines.

53.3 yards, standardized for all games--versus 70 yards (64 metres) minimum.  It's not even close.

Archived