Euro Championships question

H J Simpson

H J Simpson

I was looking at the permutations of results tonight on the BBC and it says:

If Romania lose 3-0 to the Dutch, Italy would qualify with a 0-0 draw against France because of their superior coefficient points. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

Romanias and Italys results would be exactly the same so goals scored, conceeded and results agains each other were the same.

Does that mean that cause they are ranked higher in the world rankings Italywould go through??

Cheers

shaun.lawson
I was looking at the permutations of results tonight on the BBC and it says:

If Romania lose 3-0 to the Dutch, Italy would qualify with a 0-0 draw against France because of their superior coefficient points. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

Romanias and Italys results would be exactly the same so goals scored, conceeded and results agains each other were the same.

Does that mean that cause they are ranked higher in the world rankings Italywould go through??

Cheers

Nope - they'd go through because they've a better record over their last two qualifying campaigns.

H J Simpson
Nope - they'd go through because they've a better record over their last two qualifying campaigns.

Cheers mate, thats a bollox unfair rule but thanks for letting me know.

It should be decided by a penalty shoot-out tomorrow.

Cheers mate, thats a bollox unfair rule but thanks for letting me know.

It should be decided by a penalty shoot-out tomorrow.

Or by a penalty shoot out before the Spain game in the quarters. The winners and their fans would stay on, the losers would bugger off.

Hagar the Horrible

I was told it was because Italy have a higher co-efficiency and as such will go through, But then again to get a higher co-efficeincy they would have done better in the qualifiers? however shurley shom mishtake, diciplinary records should come first!

However conspiricy theory 378 is that why would Holland want to win when getting beat would knock out Italy and France who can only get better?

Archived