The Gunner

CraigSN1

Guest juvehearts

can say the same fot the hailes, the dodger, omens, the marimion, penny black, any bozer down leth way........ :rolleyes:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
can say the same fot the hailes, the dodger, omens, the marimion, penny black, any bozer down leth way........ :rolleyes:

Don't diss the dodger.

:mad:

You been there many times? Or talking through reputation?

There most weekends. As i said - Lovely pub.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Right now I'd love to be in The Gunner as it would mean I wouldn't be in my bloody work.

I'd probably get stabbed though ;)

Right now I'd love to be in The Gunner as it would mean I wouldn't be in my bloody work.

I'd probably get stabbed though ;)

Depends if you won at Pool or not. ;)

The Gunner....

Where local school kids get a drink at lunch.

:rolleyes:

Thats one thing they are actually quite strict on, feel free to shoot up in the corner aslong as your over 18.

Really?

owell... I know alot of my old school mates who are under age spend their weekends in there, see the proud photos on bebo "In daa Gunner!!"

Was in there many years ago, i think i had 1 drink then left, whilst i was still had the chance

bit scary:eek:

Sawdust Caesar

In the 80s did they not change it's name then after someone got shot they changed it back to the Gunner? I remember being told that but don't know if it's true. It used to be said of the Gunner that it's the only pub where the air is full of cordite rather then tobacco. Obviously an exaggeration.

Really?

owell... I know alot of my old school mates who are under age spend their weekends in there, see the proud photos on bebo "In daa Gunner!!"

How you doing anyway Laura?

Leth (sic) covers a pretty vast area and there's some great pubs down that way. Struggle to say the same for Gorgie, sadly.

In the 80s did they not change it's name then after someone got shot they changed it back to the Gunner? I remember being told that but don't know if it's true. It used to be said of the Gunner that it's the only pub where the air is full of cordite rather then tobacco. Obviously an exaggeration.

it was the penny farthing for a while, i think, could be wrong though. My mate used to deliver takeaways there on friday nights, i was sitting in the car with the engine runnin for a speedy get away but always found you were fine inside, all the real bampots hung about outside .

Sawdust Caesar
it was the penny farthing for a while, i think, could be wrong though. My mate used to deliver takeaways there on friday nights, i was sitting in the car with the engine runnin for a speedy get away but always found you were fine inside, all the real bampots hung about outside .

I think you're right, it was the penny farthing. A mate of mine went in there with a local, he thought he would be fine but didnt know that the guy he was with was a 'marked man' so to speak and he was only in about 30 seconds before being knocked out cold. He never went back.

How you doing anyway Laura?

Yeah am alright i guess thanks

had a tough couple of weeks but getting back to norm I think.

Give me a pint in half the pubs down Leith over ANY pub in Gorgie.

Persy Loyal #1 :cool:

Thats one thing they are actually quite strict on, feel free to shoot up in the corner aslong as your over 18.

Rubbish the owner would destroy you if he found anything on you.

Archived