******* Neighbours

chrishall

Excuse the rant....

I live in a converted church complex. There are 26 flats in the complex (across a few buildings).

Whilst noise isn't really an issue and most people are fairly good when it comes to communal living there is one thing driving me absolutely crazy.

There is a lot of dumping of rubbish out onto the pavements in front of the flats. This is outside of your usual wheely bin rubbish.

We get furniture, bin bags, cardboard boxes, food the lot. In recent weeks someone even left a piano there!

Last week I got home to someone who has cleared their flat of shitty old furniture and has left it out in the grassy area in front of the flats (this is within the complex, gated within the grounds so not even on the pavement). It's right outside our lounge window and is actually, kinda, blocking one of the main entrances to the flats. There is two sofa, 3 wardrobes and a couple of desks!

It a shame as they're really nice grounds and what generally happens is me or another one of the guys who lives in the complex move the shit out to the pavements then call the council to request uplift - however we're both getting sick of having to do it have decided to not touch it this time. It's now been sitting there for over a week.

Has anyone had any similar experiences and how did you go about solving it? 

Should i just set-fire the the lot of it - should i just stop moaning and leave it?

No idea why it winds me up so much but the selfishness of these idiots is making the complex look utter sh*t.

Thanks for listening!

Get it outside my stair constantly. Council lifted the last lot after 6 weeks. Wake up next morning and there is a double bed, mattress, sofa, 2 chairs and 3 bags of rubbish. It's not even out of our stair but we have a wide pavement outside and the *******s from other stairs keep dumping their shit outside ours. Really pisses me off too

Where do you live in Glasgow?

I lived in a massive converted church next to the Mitchell Library for a few years. Lived the place. It was about 250m2 and a 2 bedroom flat with a massive living room and mezzanine. Great for parties.

Knock on doors and find out. If they have no immediate plans for its removal, lift what you can right back outside their door, ****ing wankers.

sunblestjambo

I loved living in town but I do not miss that sort of shit one bit. Pile it up around their front door one night and see how pragmatic they are about it then. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try approaching the offender's calmly, but pointing out it's not reasonable. Even offer to help with disposal. You may be surprised that people do react to being pulled up.

Is there not a community body that you must adhere to their rules.

Good luck

Where do you live in Glasgow?

I lived in a massive converted church next to the Mitchell Library for a few years. Lived the place. It was about 250m2 and a 2 bedroom flat with a massive living room and mezzanine. Great for parties.

I know the one you were at, nice place.

I'm out in Whiteinch (west end).

The complex is really pretty, apart from this rubbish. Very frustrating!

Shanks said no

Go onto Edinburgh Councils website, you can report litter anonymously including rubbish. My office at Haymarket has been having this problem for the last few weeks as the students have moved out of the flats. Everytime the rubbish appears I report it. Today they sent an Environmental Warden who inspected the bags, found evidence of who they belonged to and went after the culprits.

Yes they call me Victor.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20001/bins_and_recycling/306/report_litter

And the rubbish is usually removed within 24 hours by a Council flatbed truck

Just realised its Glasgow

I know the one you were at, nice place.

I'm out in Whiteinch (west end).

The complex is really pretty, apart from this rubbish. Very frustrating!

Whiteinch is cool too. When I worked at the Western Infirmary it was crazy popular with staff there.

Damn, I miss Glasgow at times.

Montgomery Brewster

Go onto Edinburgh Councils website, you can report litter anonymously including rubbish. My office at Haymarket has been having this problem for the last few weeks as the students have moved out of the flats. Everytime the rubbish appears I report it. Today they sent an Environmental Warden who inspected the bags, found evidence of who they belonged to and went after the culprits.

Yes they call me Victor.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20001/bins_and_recycling/306/report_litter

And the rubbish is usually removed within 24 hours by a Council flatbed truck

Just realised its Glasgow

Thanks for the link. The cretins in the stair next to me leave their wheelie bins on the main road continually instead of bringing them back into the stair well like everyone else. Now reported !

RustyRightPeg

Is Carl Kennedy still in it? Always seemed a good yin.

He is the Alf Stewart of Neighbours. He will never leave.

Archived