Time to renew

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

I have been critical in the past,but feel now,we as Hearts supporters must accept where we are and adopt a"You can only pesh with the ****** youve got" attitude.

Most of us deep down knew we would renew anyway.....its what we do.

I think next season will see a lot of youngsters breaking through,they will be inconsistant,but it will be good to see.

Too many people anyway would revel in poor st sales,imagine that tube from the Huns supporters mistrust if we hade to give them the whole schoolend in his monotone weegie nasal drone.

Lets get behind Miami and give the boy a chance.

Remember Vlad is only a temporary custodian of Heart of Midlothian,its the club we support not him.

Seymour M Hersh
Beetroot soup for dinner last night Colonel?

Why the sudden epiphany?

Because he's a jambo (and a football fan) it's what we do.

But some of us did what we do beforehand yet were castigated for it.

I'm genuinely not trying to score points here, merely trying to work out the Colonels (ir)rationale.

Such a paradigm shift in 24 hours is pretty spectacular!

Is it,I think you will find that it is the minority who"that's what we do" actually do.

9000 st's sold,35'000 at a CL qualifier game,as I say minority.

Dr. Bapswent
I have been critical in the past,but feel now,we as Hearts supporters must accept where we are and adopt a"You can only pesh with the ****** youve got" attitude.

Most of us deep down knew we would renew anyway.....its what we do.

I think next season will see a lot of youngsters breaking through,they will be inconsistant,but it will be good to see.

Too many people anyway would revel in poor st sales,imagine that tube from the Huns supporters mistrust if we hade to give them the whole schoolend in his monotone weegie nasal drone.

Lets get behind Miami and give the boy a chance.

Remember Vlad is only a temporary custodian of Heart of Midlothian,its the club we support not him.

As a Hearts supporter who chose to support Hearts, rather than debate my level of support and renewed my ticket rather than make a statement with it. I feel your post telling me how I should now consider my involvement of supporting the club through renewing my ticket, particularly in light of your posturing yesterday a little condescending.

I renewed because I support Hearts.

I don't need someone telling me how I should go about it.

Dr. Bapswent
Is it,I think you will find that it is the minority who"that's what we do" actually do.

9000 st's sold,35'000 at a CL qualifier game,as I say minority.

That equals about 20,000 fair weather fans as far as im concerned.

Those who only turn up for CL games but dont feel the need week in week out.

I dont think you can count them in ST sales at all.

PresidentRomanov

Right everyone, you can all renew now - Colonel Kurtz say's so :wacko:

That equals about 20,000 fair weather fans as far as im concerned.

Those who only turn up for CL games but dont feel the need week in week out.

I dont think you can count them in ST sales at all.

I was just trying to make a comparison DP,I getting pretty sick of all these ***** coming away with how good a supporter they are for gettin a st and how "it's what we do" pesh,that really gets my back up,it's utter crap,so it is.

I know loads of Hearts and other teams supporters who used to go to games every week but don't go now,their lives havn't stopped they continue to lead normal lives.

Believe it or not there is more to life than giving you cash to some bampot and watch dross football.

I know that once the season starts I will probably miss the day of the game ,not the game it's self,but that is my choice.

I don't need this every time someone buy's a St to let every random person on this JKB know,so fecking what wawaweewa.

As I say though ST holders are the minority of Hearts fans,so your not that great after all.

Dr. Bapswent
I was just trying to make a comparison DP,I getting pretty sick of all these ***** coming away with how good a supporter they are for gettin a st and how "it's what we do" pesh,that really gets my back up,it's utter crap,so it is.

I know loads of Hearts and other teams supporters who used to go to games every week but don't go now,their lives havn't stopped they continue to lead normal lives.

Believe it or not there is more to life than giving you cash to some bampot and watch dross football.

I know that once the season starts I will probably miss the day of the game ,not the game it's self,but that is my choice.

I don't need this every time someone buy's a St to let every random person on this JKB know,so fecking what wawaweewa.

As I say though ST holders are the minority of Hearts fans,so your not that great after all.

Fair point.

However I would say that there have been far more posts on telling people NOT to renew that those saying we should.

Pants Shaton

Or you can go to every home game by buying a ticket for each match.

That way you're supporting Hearts but not handing Romanov a blank cheque to serve up another season like 07/08.

Fair point.

However I would say that there have been far more posts on telling people NOT to renew that those saying we should.

May be so,but what you cannot say is that the people who have not renewed have been as verbaly insulting as the ones that have.

Colonel Kurtz
Beetroot soup for dinner last night Colonel?

Why the sudden epiphany?

Well the captains road is not the road to Damascus,and I am more of a Heinz tomato man,but I personally feel as I stated ,we are where we are.

I am not telling anybody on here to renew,do what you want,merely expressing my personal opinion.

As I said,Romanov is only a temporary custodian of our club,I renewed during Parker,Mercer and Robinson as well.

Colonel Kurtz
Right everyone, you can all renew now - Colonel Kurtz say's so :wacko:

if your taking my words as gospel,then you and your mates dont bother renewing

Dr. Bapswent
May be so,but what you cannot say is that the people who have not renewed have been as verbaly insulting as the ones that have.

Oh yes you can.

Those who are in favour of not renewing have been far more vocal, and rude about their perceptions of those that do other the past weeks.

That is very clear.

Oh yes you can.

Those who are in favour of not renewing have been far more vocal, and rude about their perceptions of those that do other the past weeks.

That is very clear.

I think you will find some of the bum boy three brigade have been very insulting to supporters who have not renewed,far more insulting than anything else I have read.

Infact almost every thread has turned sour by their involvement be it ST's or religous bigotry.

That way you're supporting Hearts but not handing Romanov a blank cheque to serve up another season like 07/08.

I obviously hope Hearts have a tremendous season and, as a result, the spineless, Johnny-come-lately glory hunters cannot get in. :mad:

Due to holidays and business commitments there are quite a few games I can't attend but I will be vetting anyone who asks for my ticket to make sure they fit the profile of a proper fan rather than those I've described in my opening sentence. :)

Well the captains road is not the road to Damascus,and I am more of a Heinz tomato man,but I personally feel as I stated ,we are where we are.

I am not telling anybody on here to renew,do what you want,merely expressing my personal opinion.

As I said,Romanov is only a temporary custodian of our club,I renewed during Parker,Mercer and Robinson as well.

Colonel, your view is your view and you are entitled to it, however given the content of your OP in a thread you posted 24 hours ago you seem to have crossed the floor.

May I ask, what has changed in the last 24 hours for you to change so? It's not a loaded question, honest. Merely trying to understand the switch from black to white (or was that white to black?) Has the power of debate on JKB forced a volte face in at least one poster's world view?

marshallschunkychicken

It is a quite remarkable turnaround from the Colonel.

I'd be interested to know what has prompted it.

Colonel Kurtz
Colonel, your view is your view and you are entitled to it, however given the content of your OP in a thread you posted 24 hours ago you seem to have crossed the floor.

May I ask, what has changed in the last 24 hours for you to change so? It's not a loaded question, honest. Merely trying to understand the switch from black to white (or was that white to black?) Has the power of debate on JKB forced a volte face in at least one poster's world view?

I havent"crossed the floor" merely stopped waving my order papers at an inevitibilty.

I would also describe my stance as more "out of the black and into the blue" to quote Neil Young.

I am sugesting a "route 66" approach ....gets you behind Miami.

The level of debate on here has as usual descended in the main to purile insults , I believe there was a record number of insults in one individual thread which in the main werent even funny,so it would hardly result in an about face.

No it's just dawned that VR did not tell a lie regarding the choice of manager on 1/1/08 - he said preferably with British experience and did his best to get one - thank God he didn't come.

jambos are go!

I dont know the Colonel but can only hope he is not one of those non renewers who would not be missed IMO. Those for whom an anti VR stance is a cloak for anti everything except themselves. I take a thousand or two down if it was the right thousand or two!

I havent"crossed the floor" merely stopped waving my order papers at an inevitibilty.

I would also describe my stance as more "out of the black and into the blue" to quote Neil Young.

I am sugesting a "route 66" approach ....gets you behind Miami.

The level of debate on here has as usual descended in the main to purile insults , I believe there was a record number of insults in one individual thread which in the main werent even funny,so it would hardly result in an about face.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a pest, but what in the last 24 hours has led you to this sense of inevitability? Surely that would have been apparent 24 hours ago too?

JamboJimmyB

Whether people renew or not is there own business.

My own view is that the appointment will be a failure and will offer no improvement on last season.

Graham Rix had far more experience of British Football than Wiess and look where that got us.

He has no SPL experience and by his own admission this is a step up for him.

Before people go on about the win over Celtic. Celtic were hopeless under Strachan in the early days and yet they nearly overturned the deficit at Darkheid in the second leg.

The icelander would have been a more appropriate choice but he made it clear that he would not take any crap from VR (exit the door).

This further underlines the concern that Romanov will continue to meddle in team affairs by appointing a 'yes man' manager.

Expect to see a few more eastern europeans joining the squad. It is so ironic that the only descent one to join Hearts will be playing against us next season.

I personally will not be renewing just to watch the same incompetent managerial decisions and insepid performances.

PresidentRomanov
if your taking my words as gospel,then you and your mates dont bother renewing

Too late I'm afraid, renewed months ago, never even thought about it, never have :)

PresidentRomanov

And you also have the option to slither away again, if things don't go well ;)

Sorry, I don't mean to be a pest, but what in the last 24 hours has led you to this sense of inevitability? Surely that would have been apparent 24 hours ago too?

I'm veering towards the belief that the Colonel may well be an attention seeker who is desperate to receive plaudits and approval for renewing and simply couldn't wait any longer to unveil the news about his purchase. :(

Colonel Kurtz
I'm veering towards the belief that the Colonel may well be an attention seeker who is desperate to receive plaudits and approval for renewing and simply couldn't wait any longer to unveil the news about his purchase. :(

Im going to the Gyle at lunch time,should I be wary of an ambush.

Colonel Kurtz

We actually got a call from Rory at Hearts,who is doing a good job ,and it was decision time.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd say it's 50/50.

We actually got a call from Rory at Hearts,who is doing a good job ,and it was decision time.

Fair do's.

This is the thing about Hearts that I find frustrating at the moment.

Behind the scenes there seems to be a lot of people doing a good job. Pity the Generalissimo can't find someone, or appoint someone, to do a good job of the footballing side of things - the essence of the club after all!

ToadKiller Dog

Nah get yourself an Elvis wig you should be safe with that but you might hear some tutting from behind a bin or something.

The People's Chimp

oh the irony!

Whether people renew or not is there own business.

My own view is that the appointment will be a failure and will offer no improvement on last season.

Graham Rix had far more experience of British Football than Wiess and look where that got us.

He has no SPL experience and by his own admission this is a step up for him.

Before people go on about the win over Celtic. Celtic were hopeless under Strachan in the early days and yet they nearly overturned the deficit at Darkheid in the second leg.

The icelander would have been a more appropriate choice but he made it clear that he would not take any crap from VR (exit the door).

This further underlines the concern that Romanov will continue to meddle in team affairs by appointing a 'yes man' manager.

Expect to see a few more eastern europeans joining the squad. It is so ironic that the only descent one to join Hearts will be playing against us next season.

I personally will not be renewing just to watch the same incompetent managerial decisions and insepid performances.

This is exactly what I fear. I have not renewed and will not be renewing. I'll be there and I'll get tickets, always have for the past 25 years, don't see why it would be any different now, but as has been said, I'm not investing my cash up front in an operation which has been run so poorly. Even if it's just a way for me to feel that I've not been made a mug of, again.

If that makes me a glory hunter, or an inferior fan, **** off.

I have every respect for those who have renewed, but I regretted feeling like I was having the mickey taken out of me from the off last season, feeling obliged to turn up to games when I didn't want to be there, knowing that what I was going to be watching wasn't the team I love, except in name. It was the feeling I had no control.

I really thought that by now I'd be regretting not having my new book, the fact that I don't is what surprises me most.

I hope that I struggle to get tickets next season, I hope that I end up with crappy seats every week in a capacity filled stadium. I think I may have my pick of the old stand though...

No mate, I'm currently in the BA Exec Lounge at Edinburgh airport waiting on my flight daaaan saaaaaaaaaf. ;)

Colonel Kurtz
This is exactly what I fear. I have not renewed and will not be renewing. I'll be there and I'll get tickets, always have for the past 25 years, don't see why it would be any different now, but as has been said, I'm not investing my cash up front in an operation which has been run so poorly. Even if it's just a way for me to feel that I've not been made a mug of, again.

If that makes me a glory hunter, or an inferior fan, **** off.

I have every respect for those who have renewed, but I regretted feeling like I was having the mickey taken out of me from the off last season, feeling obliged to turn up to games when I didn't want to be there, knowing that what I was going to be watching wasn't the team I love, except in name. It was the feeling I had no control.

I really thought that by now I'd be regretting not having my new book, the fact that I don't is what surprises me most.

I hope that I struggle to get tickets next season, I hope that I end up with crappy seats every week in a capacity filled stadium. I think I may have my pick of the old stand though...

I felt the same at the end of last season

However as a Doctor do you not think your actions are tantamount to treating the symptoms not the disease

Colonel Kurtz
No mate, I'm currently in the BA Exec Lounge at Edinburgh airport waiting on my flight daaaan saaaaaaaaaf. ;)

they let anyone in there ,all you need is full flight ticket.

Doesnt make you Gordon Gecko.

Are you whistling the dambusters theme

they let anyone in there ,all you need is full flight ticket.

Or, like me, a BA silver card. :rolleyes:

I felt the same at the end of last season

However as a Doctor do you not think your actions are tantamount to treating the symptoms not the disease

'The', not 'a'.

I don't know about symptoms or disease, I just know that I'll be happier feeling as if I have a choice, even when I go every week and pay my cash and probably spend more money over the season, it'll still feel as though I have some control.

It may just be about time though. I might feel differently in time, Weiss may be the right man given time. It could be all about time.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

Colonel Kurtz
Or, like me, a BA silver card. :rolleyes:

all you need is a half dozen internal flights a year,calm doon Alan Sugar.

Citalia Platinum in my day

all you need is a half dozen internal flights a year

You've obviously lost touch with the BA scheme. :P :p

I'm genuinely not trying to score points here, merely trying to work out the Colonels (ir)rationale.

And they'll have to pay the new price whereas we had the benefit of the early-bird discount !!!!!!!!

And they'll have to pay the new price whereas we had the benefit of the early-bird discount !!!!!!!!

I boycotted for a while.

The ?25 difference wasn't really an issue for me in the Old Stand. I only really got twitchy because I thought someone would move into my seat.

Seymour M Hersh

I agree (re the 24 hour about turn) and I renewed weeks ago however, its what we do (footie fans/jambos) moan complain threaten then renew/go back whatever. We're just a really fickle bunch Boris.

Archived