What happened at that Board meeting

jambothommo

jambothommo

Pure speculation on my part of course.

I sense the discussion began around whether IC should go immediately or whether he be given X games in the League to turn it round at the eleventh hour.

I sense CL would be for the latter, especially as there is no plan B in place, the Board having perhaps earlier agreed to revisit pre Jan shut. But the entirely unexpected League Cup exit and unanimous and vicious reaction from the terracing and in print changes things.

Budge may have said action must be taken now. And that if CL doesn't have a proposal on how to run the team in the meantime he has 48 hours to develop a plan.

Standing by for his proposal.

Could be anything from his resignation to him getting the tracksuit on.

Tough for him because he doesn't like authority but he may salvage some pride and face by getting back in the dugout and turning it round.

Fascinating. Hold your breath.

Lucille's Thirsty

I fully suspect Ann was no a happy bunny whilst Levein did all he could to keep Cathro in the job, she saw through the bullshit.

This women has been a god send for us maybe she should take over the footballing side.

Seymour M Hersh

I fully suspect Ann was no a happy bunny whilst Levein did all he could to keep Cathro in the job, she saw through the bullshit.

This women has been a god send for us maybe she should take over the footballing side.

I suspect you haven't got a ****ing clue what transpired at the Board meeting.

Bungalow Bill

I suspect you haven't got a ******* clue what transpired at the Board meeting.

This. Close thread.

Perhaps the decision to sack Cathro was a given and preliminary steps have been taken to appoint a replacement hence the delay between the board meeting and today's announcement?

BobbyJenkins

Haha exactly. Place is full of shite like this.

sairyinthat

Lot of fantasising going on with first couple of posts

Pure speculation on my part of course.

I sense the discussion began around whether IC should go immediately or whether he be given X games in the League to turn it round at the eleventh hour.

I sense CL would be for the latter, especially as there is no plan B in place, the Board having perhaps earlier agreed to revisit pre Jan shut. But the entirely unexpected League Cup exit and unanimous and vicious reaction from the terracing and in print changes things.

Budge may have said action must be taken now. And that if CL doesn't have a proposal on how to run the team in the meantime he has 48 hours to develop a plan.

Standing by for his proposal.

Could be anything from his resignation to him getting the tracksuit on.

Tough for him because he doesn't like authority but he may salvage some pride and face by getting back in the dugout and turning it round.

Fascinating. Hold your breath.

I suspect that they called Cathro in and gave him an ultimatum that if he couldn't sing "Frozen" to the Board's satisfaction then he wouldn't be kept on any longer.

Cathro confused the tune at first and then stumbled over the words, not helped by Levein who was tapping a rather dodgy rhythm out on the boardroom table top, and so the decision was made to terminate his employment with immediate effect.

And this has just as much likelihood as your version. ;)

We don't know. It doesn't matter anyway. Let's try and deal with the facts rather than coming up with meaningless conjecture, eh?

jambothommo

I suspect that they called Cathro in and gave him an ultimatum that if he couldn't sing "Frozen" to the Board's satisfaction then he wouldn't be kept on any longer.

Cathro confused the tune at first and then stumbled over the words, not helped by Levein who was tapping a rather dodgy rhythm out on the boardroom table top, and so the decision was made to terminate his employment with immediate effect.

And this has just as much likelihood as your version. ;)

We don't know. It doesn't matter anyway. Let's try and deal with the facts rather than coming up with meaningless conjecture, eh?

I thought meaningless conjecture was JK's raison d'etre?

I thought meaningless conjecture was JK's raison d'etre?

:D We're certainly bloody good at it.

Lucille's Thirsty

Calm down auld yin but you are right.

:lol:

Independence

Really what an interesting post! Not!

sairyinthat

Cathro got sacked at that very meeting.

Did he though?Reading he had been fixed up with Wolves.

Bazzas right boot

I think

They fired up the cauldron, threw in eye of newt, 6 spider legs, dragon glass, blood of a hibby ,a pint of piss and a can of Barr's cola, then chanted the magic words before asking the Football god what to do.

In the smoke, they were told to sack Cathro.

They then sacrified a goat from Gorgie farm as a thank you, before heading to nandos.

I P Knightley

I think

They fired up the cauldron, threw in eye of newt, 6 spider legs, dragon glass, blood of a hibby ,a pint of piss and a can of Barr's cola, then chanted the magic words before asking the Football god what to do.

They then sacrified a goat from Gorgie farm as a thank you, before heading to nandos.

Typical!! :veryangry2:  :bomb2:

This board hasn't got a clue what their doing.  :behead: [sic]

If that's the best they can do with the resources at their disposal, they might as well resign on mass [sic]

After all, who goes down Nando's when you've got a perfectly good dead goat you could curry? :toilet:

BudgeBoardGTF!!!  :thumbsdown:  :uhoh2:

Dallas Green

Resigned answer fecked off to see his pal down Wolves asking for his job as tea boy back.

Utter tragic patter.

I'm thankful for Budge lending the money to help save us, but I don't think she knows much about running a football club, and if she did she wouldn't want or need Levein. Not sure where all this will end but I hope we have a very clear and transparent model in place when FoH eventually takes over.

letsalldothebeattie

All we need to know that happened was Cathro's future was discussed it was decided he wasn't the man to take us forward so he was removed from his position as Head Coach and we now look for a new man to take us forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fairly confident this happened in the board meeting.

"Come in Craig and have a seat. So we need to discuss the results and how we move forward"

"What's your feelings?"

"Maybe we should sack Ian?"

"Maybe"

"Ok..I'll tell him tomorrow......you see Game of thrones last night?"

"Nah not yet. Got it saved though. I was at the cinema"

"What you see?"

"Baby Driver"

"Is that the one with Kevin Spacey?"

"Yeah, I liked it...good soundtrack as well....wanna fool around?"

"Not just now Craig"

Bazzas right boot

Typical!! :veryangry2::bomb2:

This board hasn't got a clue what their doing. :behead:[sic]

If that's the best they can do with the resources at their disposal, they might as well resign on mass [sic]

After all, who goes down Nando's when you've got a perfectly good dead goat you could curry? :toilet:

BudgeBoardGTF!!! :thumbsdown::uhoh2:

Tbf, I reckon that's as good a guess as any!

I think

You ever think about taking a break from posting to try and get a sense of perspective

the big show

You ever think about taking a break from posting to try and get a sense of perspective

To be fair what more could you expect from someone who wanted Hubs to win the cup final .. i mean try putting that into perspective ...

Did not meet his target of qualifying for the next round of the league cup.

While we should be trying to win anything and everything it is laughable how embarrassed some claim to be when they ridiculed H*bs until last year because they could only win the "wee cup"

Probably discussing a pay off.

They acted quick I think, while being professional about it

I would agree with your scenario add in if true he was allowed/encourage to go to Wolves for discussion about a role there knowing he was to be sacked by mutual consent.

I believe the Wolves thing has been a possibility for a while. When the league cup fiasco unfolded Hearts and Wolves were in discussion. Cathro resigns no compensation and no fee for Wolves, everyone's a winner.

RedStarRiot

It's funny how speculative threads like this end up becoming fact further down the line on here. Such a load of nonsense.

At the end of the day there was a board meeting and he was let go.

Bazzas right boot

When I'm traveling it pass's the time.

The point was, no one knows, my guess is as good as any.

No point in speculating for the sake of it.

Bazzas right boot

To be fair what more could you expect from someone who wanted Hubs to win the cup final .. i mean try putting that into perspective ...

The perspective was easy.

It meant rangers losing.

See, easy.

Cruyff Turn

I reckon Ann wanted to give him longer and Levein decided enough was enough.

No one knows though so it's hardly even worth speculating. The deed is done, let's move forward.

The perspective was easy.

It meant rangers losing.

See, easy.

It really was an astonishing thing to wish for a Hearts supporter

However that subject has been well and truly done to death

Bazzas right boot

R'sleftfoot has more perspective than most

I Like  to try and be pragmatic rather than an emotional wreck and throw in some bad humour here and there.

Some take offence.

Thanks for  the vote of confidence ( maybe that happened at the board meeting...). however, compared to some posters on here, big D Trumpy has perspective! :2thumbsup: 

Archived