Wrong Numbers

Flux

How annoying are wrong numbers when they phone you by mistake and they think it is your fault as you have the same first name as the person they are trying to phone!

never really had the name thing, but hate when a wrong number is impolite....:sad: IS not my fault the person gave you the wrong number.

ALso i once had a guy ask for a girl who was not me (and not my name) and then said "oh well...do you want to meet me instead?" He then kept phoning back from other numbers, even though i told him about three times to **** off.

Stuart Lyon

We still get occasional calls for the people we bought the house from nearly 11 years ago! I feel like telling the callers they obviously didn't want to keep in touch.

Better call Saul

"Sorry I think you have the wrong number"

Why is the person who answers the call Sorry ?

I had a bloody old woman the other week asking why she hadn't got her prescription and making out it was my fault. I suggested she tried phoning the doctor surgery and she told me not to be so cheeky.....she had'nt even clocked that it wasnt the doctor she was on the phone to.

For about 3 weeks my ex-bird was getting phone calls from folk down south asking if she still had poultry for sale. It was getting silly at one point...like 5 calls a night :) Must have been a mistake in an ad in a local paper or something.

I found it rather amusing :cool:

vladtheexhaler
How annoying are wrong numbers when they phone you by mistake and they think it is your fault as you have the same first name as the person they are trying to phone!

Never happened, might be down to being called Cornelius but more likely the fact that I don't have a phone.

My grandma used to get people calling trying to make appointments for the doctors cause my grandmothers phone number was one number away from the doctors number and she used to reply by saying well if you try calling the doctors am sure you will get an appointment... My Grandmother was some character! :)

dont have that problem now. got an app on my phone called blacklist automaticly(sp) cancels calls i dont want ie withheld numbers and ones not in my phone book

I P Knightley

Some bloke called Colin sells men's garments. His phone number is similar to mine and I take about a call a month for him.

I once got into a fairly lengthy discussion about chinos with one caller (I had time to waste) and made a few promises on Colin's behalf that I hope he's kept.

Sounded like a good deal!

The Old Tolbooth

I used to have a number which must have been close to a local Chinese takeaway's when I was in Gala, I would get calls maybe once a week asking for food and could it be delivered etc and I kept telling them, sorry you have a wrong number.

One time however, I got this guy who I told he had a wrong number and he got stroppy on the phone with me as if it was my fault, well as luck would have it, did the stupid fud not call me again literally 30 seconds later! I took his order and told him it would be around 35 minutes blah blah blah, never heard from him again :)

I P Knightley

One time however, I got this guy who I told he had a wrong number and he got stroppy on the phone with me as if it was my fault, well as luck would have it, did the stupid fud not call me again literally 30 seconds later! I took his order and told him it would be around 35 minutes blah blah blah, never heard from him again :)

Nice one.

You should have p155ed in his chow mein!

Oh...hang on. That's not right....

I get a call from some company at least once a week from a girl called Sam looking for some guy. He's had the same problem for months that they jsut won't let go. I feel sorry for him. Not that I haven't tried to tell her that I'm not the right guy, she just doesn't believe me.

The Old Tolbooth
I get a call from some company at least once a week from a girl called Sam looking for some guy. He's had the same problem for months that they jsut won't let go. I feel sorry for him. Not that I haven't tried to tell her that I'm not the right guy, she just doesn't believe me.

You should tell her one day that you are Sam and see what the crack is, you might get her talking dirty to you down the phone mate, it would be funny afterward telling her that it wasn't really Sam :rolleyes:

Bindy Badgy

I used to get that in my old flat. I was there for 4 years and it was still going on when I moved out.

He keeps getting told to send her something by Friday or he might not get paid for it. I only know this through the voicemails she leaves me. Today actually I was told to sign the slip attached to my payslip that was left on my desk and send it back to her.

I think the Golden Pond in Blackhall keeps phoning my house. Cant really remember the number though, so it might not be.

maroonlegions

what annoys me is when they sort of start questioning you how they are sure they have the right number.:P:rolleyes:

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Was at the pub on Saturday, unlocking the front door i heard the phone ring. Dashed in to get it and some woman asking if im Jake. I said no, i think you must have the wrong number. She was adamant that i had phoned her and started arguing with me, calling me a liar.

Eventually told the bint it must have been my cat that rang her as no one else was in, and slammed the phone down.

Was at the pub on Saturday, unlocking the front door i heard the phone ring. Dashed in to get it and some woman asking if im a Jakey. I said no, i think you must have the wrong number. She was adamant that i had phoned her and started arguing with me, calling me a liar.

Eventually told the bint it must have been my cat that rang her as no one else was in, and slammed the phone down.

thats no very nice of her:p

Just got another one from some company asking for James Millar. Asking to give him a refund of ?105. All she needed was his card number which I obliged on his behalf (Well technically I was James for a couple of minutes) After rambling of 16 digits an expiry date and security code she was happy as larry and off she went. Phoned back asking for James later and I told her it was the wrong number . ''Oh, I must have dialled the wrong number I'll try agian thanks!'

2 minutes later, ring ring.'Hi, I'm looking for James Millar regarding a refund?''

''Sorry, wrong number again.''

''Oh, but it's the same voice, I just got his credit card details from this number'' :D

''Nope think you've got the wrong person Claire.'' (We quickly got onto first name terms)

''Okay well I must have the wrong details for him thanks''

Dial tone....

01227762600 if anybody wants a go, ask for Claire.

steviefrailspants
Just got another one from some company asking for James Millar. Asking to give him a refund of ?105. All she needed was his card number which I obliged on his behalf (Well technically I was James for a couple of minutes) After rambling of 16 digits an expiry date and security code she was happy as larry and off she went. Phoned back asking for James later and I told her it was the wrong number . ''Oh, I must have dialled the wrong number I'll try agian thanks!'

2 minutes later, ring ring.'Hi, I'm looking for James Millar regarding a refund?''

''Sorry, wrong number again.''

''Oh, but it's the same voice, I just got his credit card details from this number'' :D

''Nope think you've got the wrong person Claire.'' (We quickly got onto first name terms)

''Okay well I must have the wrong details for him thanks''

Dial tone....

Please tell me you made up the card number you gave her:dribble:

Please tell me you made up the card number you gave her:dribble:

Nah just used my own, 1234 5678 9123 4567

I P Knightley

The IFS School of Finance?

You'd've thought they knew better than to phone folk asking for card details randomly...

The IFS School of Finance?

You'd've thought they knew better than to phone folk asking for card details randomly...

Sounds about right.

Apparently we had spoke earlier though. You would have thought she would have recognised the slight change in Scottish twang to this guys accent.

Archived