Predict The First 11 Games

Generic Username

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo 4 Ever

You're right. I'm changing my prediction for that one to a Hearts win in that case, taking us to a respectable 22 pts after 11.

Other predictions: Walker resigns, new goalie by league start plus couple of late signings to bolster the squad - midfield and winger.

Do you mean Walker will hand in his resignation/ transfer request? Or he will sign an extension??

Hope you are right about the keeper but we are running out of time - and could do with them having time to get to know the defence etc

Celtic (away) : 3-0 Celtic

Kilmarnock (away) : 0-0

Rangers (away) : 0-1 Hearts

Motherwell (away) : 0-3 Hearts

Aberdeen (away) : 2-1 Aberdeen

Hamilton (away) : 1-1

Partick Thistle (home) : 2-0 Hearts

Dundee (away) : 1-1

Ross County (away) : 1-0 Hearts

St Johnstone (home) : 1-1

Hibs (away) 0-1 Hearts

19 pts, League position - 3rd/4th

This is based on nothing more than comparing squads and our historical inconsistency (apart from getting beat by Celtic at which we are very consistent these days), plus a good old fashioned dose of blind optimism.

Drug test required. You think we will take 15 pts out of a possible 24 away from home.....?!!!!

And try not to go totally bananas with the predictions;

Celtic (away) :L

Kilmarnock (away) :W

Rangers (away) :L

Motherwell (away) :W

Aberdeen (home) :W

Hamilton (away) :W

Partick Thistle (home) :D

Dundee (away) :D

Ross County (away) :D

St Johnstone (home) :L

Hibs (away) :W

Don't think we will be great but better than most are thinking, based on nothing other than optimism.

letsalldothebeattie

Celtic (away) : 3-0 Celtic

Kilmarnock (away) : 1-0 Hearts

Rangers (away) : 2-1 Hearts

Motherwell (away) : 1-1 draw

Aberdeen (away) : 2-1 Aberdeen

Hamilton (away) : 2-1 Hearts

Partick Thistle (home) : 2-0 Hearts

Dundee (away) : 1-1 draw

Ross County (away) : 2-1 County

St Johnstone (home) : 3-1 Saints

Hibs (away) : 2-0 Hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People predicting 22pts from 11 games. Hahahaha. Under this setup would be lucky to have 22pts by the end of January.

• 1 month later...
been here before

Been meaning to drag this thread up for a while. Some interesting predictions!

I dont think anyones managed a full house though.

Been meaning to drag this thread up for a while. Some interesting predictions!

No point in dragging this up as it is all null and void now.  These were 'with Cathro' predictions.  Not one prediction would be unchanged now.

been here before

No point in dragging this up as it is all null and void now. These were 'with Cathro' predictions. Not one prediction would be unchanged now.

Fair enough dont open it, read it or reply to it then.

I thought it was interesting nonetheless. If thats alright with you.

Hagar the Horrible

I predicted we would have a grand total of 4 under Cathro, we got 4 under Daly and 4 now under CL and he has only played 2 games,  I think we could get 14 now before we play Rangers, so long as we beat Hibs I would take less than that

I was looking at this thread yesterday. Couldn't believe how optimistic I was. With hindsight we'd be sitting on few, if any, points if Cathro had still been in charge.

I'm changing my

LLLLLLLLLLL to:

LWDLDWWWWWW

Zero points to 23 all because of King Craig.

Celtic (away) : L

Kilmarnock (away) : W

Rangers (away) : D

Motherwell (away) : L

Aberdeen (away) : D

Hamilton (away) : W

Partick Thistle (home) : W

Dundee (away) : W

Ross County (away) : W

St Johnstone (home) : W

Hibs (away) : W

The change of manager has had an effect.. Can see 2 wins and 2 draws in next 5 games...

One this GS for sure the derby will be close now, going either way...

been here before

Celtic (away) : L

Kilmarnock (away) : W

Rangers (away) : D

Motherwell (away) : W : lost

Aberdeen (away : was 'home') : L :drew

Hamilton (away) : W

Still to come...

Partick Thistle (home- now away) : W

Dundee (away) : D

Ross County (away) : W

St Johnstone (home) : D

Hibs (away) : W

Given the performances and improvements in the last couple of games I reckon I'll keep these the same. Love to beat those Perth fxxkers though.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviewed my predictions, not far off, need points from Ross county and St Johnstone.

After Rangers game, 7 home games.. Onwards and upwards.....

Celtic 4 Hearts 0 

Kilmarnock 1 Hearts 1

Rangers 3 Hearts 1 

Motherwell 2 Hearts 2

Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1

Hamilton 1 Hearts 2 

Hearts 2 Partick Thistle 1

Dundee 2 Hearts 1 

Ross County 2 Hearts 1 

Hearts 2 St Johnstone 1

Hibs 2 Hearts 1

3 wins / 5 defeats / 3 draws  = 12pts would be my prediction with the current squad. If we make 2 or 3 significant signings I will revisit my prediction before the season starts. I just don't see us finding things easy at all especially with the extremely difficult start. Away from home there are absolutely no positive signs so we will be very reliant on picking up points at Tynecastle. With only 3 home games in our first 11 thats a tall order. I think we could be in 9th or 10th after these matches. 

9pts from the first 8 games...........absolutely bang on so far!  

Given the way we have played and approached the last 2 games l'm not even sure we will get the 12 I predicted from the first 11 games. Though I'm probably wasting my breath given I've already read the usual moving of goalposts and timescales, further lowering of expectations and rewriting of history hopefully some of those with the ludicrously maroon tinted specs who predicted 19-22 pts will admit that they vastly overrated the current first team squad. The reality is we have an atrociously put together squad lacking in quality in many many areas. Whether Levein will be able to turn it around before he is under huge pressure is open to question but further major surgery will be required in January if he's to stand a chance of doing so. At the moment we look a top of the bottom 6 type side which frankly is completely unacceptable.

Mars plastic

9pts from the first 8 games...........absolutely bang on so far!

Given the way we have played and approached the last 2 games l'm not even sure we will get the 12 I predicted from the first 11 games. Though I'm probably wasting my breath given I've already read the usual moving of goalposts and timescales, further lowering of expectations and rewriting of history hopefully some of those with the ludicrously maroon tinted specs who predicted 19-22 pts will admit that they vastly overrated the current first team squad. The reality is we have an atrociously put together squad lacking in quality in many many areas. Whether Levein will be able to turn it around before he is under huge pressure is open to question but further major surgery will be required in January if he's to stand a chance of doing so. At the moment we look a top of the bottom 6 type side which frankly is completely unacceptable.

By the time we fire up to Dingwall, Coyle will have had 2 weeks with his new squad, our record is, quite frankly, utterly shite against the fermers and then we go to ER. 2 points from 9.

We're a point better off than I predicted we'd be at just now.

You are doing yourself a disservice.....like me you predicted 9pts from the first 8 games (2 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws) and that's exactly what we have.

You are doing yourself a disservice.....like me you predicted 9pts from the first 8 games (2 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws) and that's exactly what we have.

Yeah you're right, I miscounted when I looked back. :thumb:

Archived