wattie exploited

Not good enough.

Release.

The young lad who played st Parkhead will provide adequate cover for Smith

Grizzly does the same at left back.

Not needed

Regrettably I'm in the same camp re Liam. Clearly hasn't got what's required

Hopefully the lad can have a decent career at Scottish Championship level

Both Liam and Angus Beith are starting to run out of time imo, they're at that awkward sink or swim stage between the development team and the first team and if either of them are going to develop into capable spfl players then they're only going to get there with this type of loan, if they both get leapfrogged by the younger Brandon and Cochrane then it's game over for them imo, on another note I was looking forward to seeing if Zanatta had developed into a useful player for the first team but he's really not featured much so far, really hope either him or the talented Moore can be the next breakthrough player

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I think you're right to an extent but I'd say Beith has a lot more to worry about given his age and lack of impact on the first team. Smith had to compete with Paterson so was always going to struggle. Beith on the other hand is a constant injury.

I do agree that both Brandon and Cochrane are showing far more already that both of the other two have in the last few years. 

Sorry Craig but I cannie see a connection to be honest lol.

Was meant to be a joke about how our players always get linked with the OF days before we play them...

wattie exploited

I think it would be good for him to go out on loan  he does have potential to be a good full back but I also hate Saint Mirren 

Ricardo Shillyshally

No, he's not.

Your spelling, however.......

Fat fingers on a wee phone. Call the spelling police.

He's simply not good enough. Never will be. Hes the new David Murie

Let's not forget that Cathro prefers playing a back 3 with wing backs, rather than full backs. I suspect that Liam has fallen down the pecking order in respect to wing backs even with ASB injured there is now sufficient cover, so a spell on loan where he will get a start will be beneficial.

Ricardo Shillyshally

No your posts are pish.

Dry your eyes liam. If you are a hearts regular in 3 years time ill walk down Gorgie road naked

Captain Canada

I think he's a better player than many on here give him credit for. He definitely needs to play every week though and I think that's unlikely just now.

I'd loan him out with an option to recall in case we need him later in the season.

wattie exploited

I think he's a better player than many on here give him credit for. He definitely needs to play every week though and I think that's unlikely just now.

I'd loan him out with an option to recall in case we need him later in the season.

:spoton:

Captain Bubblebeard

I don't massively rate Smith but I think the switch in system this season will suit him. I'd agree with the loan/recall opinions if Brandon is seen as capable enough backup or one of Smith-Brown / Grizzly can cover right hand side. That said, I think I have missed any updates on Smith-Brown's injury - I'm assuming nothing serious?

Still send McGee to St Mirren before Liam Smith.

You have to be kidding..McGhee is a far better player and showed that yesterday.

The simple decision is whether the management feel Brandon will be better cover for the right back decision as well as the impact regular football may have on Liam Smith but it has to be at a decent level for it to be of any use to him

John Findlay

You have to be kidding..McGhee is a far better player and showed that yesterday.

The simple decision is whether the management feel Brandon will be better cover for the right back decision as well as the impact regular football may have on Liam Smith but it has to be at a decent level for it to be of any use to him

No it am not. McGee is a bad reader of the game. Hesitates as in let's the ball bounce in front of him and is then caught out. Then his distribution is average at best. Worst of all he has no pace. Middlesbrough made the right call.

I believe Smith is better.

I don't massively rate Smith but I think the switch in system this season will suit him. I'd agree with the loan/recall opinions if Brandon is seen as capable enough backup or one of Smith-Brown / Grizzly can cover right hand side. That said, I think I have missed any updates on Smith-Brown's injury - I'm assuming nothing serious?

Smith Brown apparently tweaked his groin but it's not supposed to be causing any concern. I think this guy will spend half the season out injured just as well we have Grzelak.

The Apprentice

Great prospect , mad to loan him out

No it's not. IMO he needs to be playing 30-40 games to see if he has what it takes and he won't get that with us this season.

Futurejambo1

The loan has nothing to do with Brandon's capabilities. Both the player and the manager are aware the need to be playing regularly for his development. He could sit on the bench picking up a wage and not progressing by playing bit parts in games. He is well thought off by IC and is first choice back up to Michael Smith but he's at an important stage in his development and needs regular games and the management team think that loaning him to a low end premier or championship team may be best for him.

maroonnicky63

:wtf:

Three posters have referred to Brandon as "decent back up", one said he reckons he's "considered the better prospect". Insanely over-the-top praise, I agree. Poor boy will never live up to the billing he's being given.

spot on but that's what it's like on here

maroonnicky63

No it's not. IMO he needs to be playing 30-40 games to see if he has what it takes and he won't get that with us this season.

We should keep him as back up IMO one of the better full backs at the club , some saying Brandon is better so soon is bonkers

His delivery from wide is decent, but he has to work on his touch. Maybe in a less pressurised environment like St Mirren would help his development. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Ideally I would love our club to get a relationship going with a championship side the likes of Falkirk or QOTS,if they are interested in our younger players maybe spend a couple of seasons their get 50,60,70 appearances for them then at least see what you've got.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Ideally I would love our club to get a relationship going with a championship side the likes of Falkirk or QOTS,if they are interested in our younger players maybe spend a couple of seasons their get 50,60,70 appearances for them then at least see what you've got.

Cowdenbeath have pretty much filled that role over the years

The Apprentice

We should keep him as back up IMO one of the better full backs at the club , some saying Brandon is better so soon is bonkers

He won't develop as backup here though. He's at a stage where he needs to go out and play week in week out so the coaching staff can make a proper judgement on him.

**** St Mirren. The scummiest of scumbags. Absolute *****, may they float about between The Championship and League 1 for the rest of their lives. Wankers.

I'd like us to ask them who the **** they think they are even contemplating the notion that we might lend them a player. Cheeky brass neck ****s.

wattie exploited

never forget 1986 laying down to celtic  in the last game of the season when we lost the league on goal difference

heartsfc_fan

I'd be keeping Liam Smith. If Michael Smith gets injured who's going to fill in at right back? Brandon is still a bit raw.

Believe once the time scale on the injury to smith brown is known Liam will indeed go to st mirren on loan and once a centre midfielder brought in beith will also be off on loan with Robbo looking to take him to ICT

Dallas Green

Going on loan may benefit him, maybe even till January.

However, St Mirren can do one.

I'd be keeping Liam Smith. If Michael Smith gets injured who's going to fill in at right back? Brandon is still a bit raw.

Smith Brown can cover both sides I think.

I think it would be good for him to go out on loan  he does have potential to be a good full back but I also hate Saint Mirren 

Agreed - exactly what I'd do. St Liedoon see the player in him that some on here don't and would hope to radicalise him whilst on loan. 

Archived