Unusual Pizza topping.

Turkishcap

A few of us went for pizza at lunch time today and my mate had a banana, pineapple and curry topping and trust me it was bloody good, would have it myself next time as the flavours just blended so well.

Wouldn't say no to trying that.

Just seen something on Facebook about a peas and mayonnaise pizza though. I'd probably turn that down.

Hot spices with pineapple or banana or fruit in general. Winner. Some kind of sauce or curry meat with fruit. Naw.

People look at me like I am a looney when I ask for pineapple and sardine pizza from my local chippy.

chester copperpot

Not that unusual bit my favourite is Pepperoni, mushroom, pineapple and chilli pizza.

It's fecking tremendous

Not that unusual bit my favourite is Pepperoni, mushroom, pineapple and chilli pizza.

It's fecking tremendous

That's a winning combo.

I'm pretty sure the Aussie PM got slated for having egg and tinned spaghetti on his.

Rightly so too.

Pal of mine ordered a seafood pizza while in Manchester. Not for me but he loved it. Wasn't out of a takeaway it was a nice restaurant.

Had cod, prawns, crab meat and other things on it.

My favourite is spicy chicken with jalapenos and onions. Not thick crust but not too thin that it ends up crunchy.

Also once had a spicy chicken pizza with donner meat layered over the top. My word.

I'm pretty sure the Aussie PM got slated for having egg and tinned spaghetti on his.

Rightly so too.

Exactly, no one should ever put an egg on a pizza.

chester copperpot

Exactly, no one should ever put an egg on a pizza.

The best ever pizza I had was in a Turkish takeaway in the Bastille area of Paris and had a fried egg in the middle.

It was fecking tremendous

The best ever pizza I had was in a Turkish takeaway in the Bastille area of Paris and had a fried egg in the middle.

It was fecking tremendous

A lot of the pizzas served in Nice have a fried egg on them. My wife loves that.

Two nights ago in Italy she had pizza with Perugina sausage and cabbage greens on top - it was really good.

I like the ones with capers, olives, anchovies and basil. Also the basic base one with a very spicy salami on top.

Spicy oil on each and every one of them and sometimes Persillade which is olive oil infused with garlic and parsley.

Not exactly an unusual topping but I just love Dr. Oetker's frozen Pizza Ristorante Speciale. Gouda Cheese, Ham, Pepperoni-Salame, Mushrooms, Herbs and Spices.

Apparently one Italian Pizzeria in Manchesterin served it up at a special Italian tasting event and got rave reviews from the food critics before admitting it was off the supermarket shelf. And if you look closely you will find it is made not in Italy but Germany!

Unfortunately my local Tesco has stopped stocking it, along with my other favourite, Pizza Funghi. Instead they insist on having abominations with Pinapple or Chicken which have no right to be in any self-respecting pizza. However their Pepperoni-salami pizza is not bad.

Best accompaniment for Pizza is obviously red wine but if going out in the car I used to wash it down with tins of Monster Rehab Lemon Tea. Caffiene, Taurine and Ginseng gave it quite a kick and stimulated the brain and other vital organs for the evening's entertainment. It was only the non-carbonated energy drink I could find, and I hate carbonated pish. Sadly this too has disappeared from Tesco's shelves (too many non-European approved additives, or was it just too potent for old guys like me who may be in danger of heart attacks). I can still get it, but I have to order it from Amazon now.

Folk who put fruit on pizza are total wrong uns

Up there with men with ponytails, wearers of crocs and folk who watch all the cut sequences in fifa

I mind having a pizza with very very thinly sliced potato as one of the toppings. It was fantastic.

Up there with men with ponytails, wearers of crocs and folk who watch all the cut sequences in fifa

People who moan about other peoples habbits are the wrong ones.

Each to there own.

William H. Bonney

Ham pineapple and tuna is a favourite of mine.

My local pizzeria does a cheesy beano pizza.

chester copperpot

I am on a low carb diet the now so haven't had pizza in ages however this thread has got me hank Marvin for one

People who put pineapple on pizzas are up there with people who eat dry cereal in the deviant list.

People who put pineapple on pizzas are up there with people who eat dry cereal in the deviant list.

:spoton:

Unless you include tomato as a fruit. That's permissable.

People look at me like I am a looney when I ask for pineapple and sardine pizza from my local chippy.

I get the same looks when I ask for my caviar and quail egg pizza. I think even Chorizo is too posh for Dalkeef.

William H. Bonney

Unless you include tomato as a fruit. That's permissable.

That reminds me of an American high school that included pizza in it's fruit section as it had tomato on it.

chester copperpot

That reminds me of an American high school that included pizza in it's fruit section as it had tomato on it.

:lol:

Jamie Oliver would've been having a fit!

indianajones

Mushroom and Olive is standard for me.

Dont like the sound of that curried banana monstrosity! 

William H. Bonney

Had a few in Catania that had quartered boiled egg on it?? Was nice but strange.

I had on in Portugal that had a fried egg in the middle. It was lovely

I used to live with a girl who swore by banana and bolognaise on a pizza. I refused to even try it.

Bolognaise on a pizza actually isn't bad.

Banana though :boak:

People who moan about other peoples habbits are the wrong ones.

Each to there own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really open minded. Each to their own indeed.

Doesn't mean you're not a total weirdo though :laugh4:

Don't get me wrong, I'm really open minded. Each to their own indeed.

Doesn't mean you're not a total weirdo though :laugh4:

:lol:

I mind having a pizza with very very thinly sliced potato as one of the toppings. It was fantastic.

Favorita do one with thinly sliced potatoes, chicken, bacon & pesto sauce. It's damn fine.

I think it's been mentioned in another thread about strange toppings, but haggis on a pizza is a surprisingly good combo.

I P Knightley

I had on in Portugal that had a fried egg in the middle. It was lovely

It may not have been fried.

If I have a pizza from the supermarket to pop in the oven, I may occasionally just crack an egg onto the middle of it and chuck it in the oven. If the pizza's due to take 12 minutes, give it 5 or 6 to get hot, then pop on the egg for another 6 minutes

If I have a pizza from the supermarket to pop in the oven, I may occasionally just crack an egg onto the middle of it and chuck it in the oven. If the pizza's due to take 12 minutes, give it 5 or 6 to get hot, then pop on the egg for another 6 minutes

I think that is actually correct.

Just an egg, not necessarily fried.

chester copperpot

I think that is actually correct.

Just an egg, not necessarily fried.

I P has this spot on. The place in France just cracked an egg on it and away they went

I P Knightley

I P has this spot on. The place in France just cracked an egg on it and away they went

For those who like a runny egg sandwich, this is the bizz-bozz. Use your crusts to mop up the yolk.

This has genuinely got me intrigued. Might give it a blast sometime.

Leads me to another discussion although pizza related..

Anyone remember the inferno pizza lidl sold?

They where the business. Sank with a couple of cold ones though meant that you couldn't have anything planned the next day that didn't have a toilet nearby.

Pepperoni, onion, mushroom, jalapeno and a light BBQ sauce base. 

Beauty.

Not sure this will work from my phone but ..

Check out some of the toppings from the local pizza shop over here. https://www.crust.com.au

I've never even heard of that chain before. Will definitely be trying one of those soon.

How large is large from them? These pizza places are tricky with their sizing I've found. 

I don't know where is Aus you are but I've had a couple from here before. Pretty good.

https://www.mojosweirdpizza.com.au/#!pg=0&n=WeirdPizzas

They have some unusual ones. Including ones with baked beans and spaghetti.

Dawned on me why I liked the topping, I remember in the 80's and 90's in some Indian restaurants you could get a mild fruit curry called a Kashmir, it was somewhere along the lines of korma or pasanda that's what this pizza reminded me of.

...a bit disco

Leads me to another discussion although pizza related..

Anyone remember the inferno pizza lidl sold?

They where the business. Sank with a couple of cold ones though meant that you couldn't have anything planned the next day that didn't have a toilet nearby.

That was never a pizza.

More of a Man vs Food challenge.

Anyways, my current favourite is chicken, chorizo and black pudding. 3 of my favourite foods on a pizza.

Top notch.

Rightly so too.

It was the Kiwi PM.

Archived