unhappy player what's the point

maroonnicky63

maroonnicky63

I have to say I don't know why we didn't take the last offer for Walker , we could have had GMS and young Cadden of Motherwell and still had money left over.

I can't see the point of having a player in the squad who doesn't want to be there.

It may very well be that Rangers may come in with an offer of a million and if they do then great but we need any new players in now, playing hard ball could cost us a lot of money.

There's a pattern then

We'll have them coming for cut price deals disrupting the squad every 6 months

Morgaro Gomis

I have to say I don't know why we didn't take the last offer for Walker , we could have had GMS and young Cadden of Motherwell and still had money left over.

I can't see the point of having a player in the squad who doesn't want to be there.

It may very well be that Rangers may come in with an offer of a million and if they do then great but we need any new players in now, playing hard ball could cost us a lot of money.

Not meaning to have a go, but why should we accept an offer that is considerably lower than what we value the player at?

GMS would not be an improvement on Walker, btw. So I would much rather attempt to keep Walker than sell him on the cheap just to buy GMS.

Also, is there even any proof that Walker is "unhappy" or is that all based upon speculation?

Winston Ingram

Nonsense. 

While I agree up to a point in that we could use the funds sooner rather than later if any proceeds are going in the transfer kitty rather than the operational budget for the stand etc., I very much doubt that the players you mention would have come in to the equation anyway....

McInnes has, like it or not, built a wee reputation as a players' manager, someone worth playing for, and that coupled with consecutive 2nd place finishes means we are not quite at the stage of competing like for like with the Sheep on the signing front.

Murderwell were pretty robust and clear in indicating that we haven't put in anything like an acceptable bid for Cadden, even if they were disposed to sell.  I suspect they're after nearer 500k for him, and promising though he is, I doubt we're likely to take that sort of punt at this stage.....

Also, Jamie looked pretty interested by all accounts during the Linfield game.  It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he rediscovers his mojo at the club of his forefathers, is it?  Unlikely, granted, but possible....

The Internet

Mackay Steven would have gone to Aberdeen whether we'd gone in for him or not. And walker is far better than him anyway.

maroonnicky63

Not meaning to have a go, but why should we accept an offer that is considerably lower than what we value the player at?

GMS would not be an improvement on Walker, btw. So I would much rather attempt to keep Walker than sell him on the cheap just to buy GMS.

Also, is there even any proof that Walker is "unhappy" or is that all based upon speculation?

No that's fine I don't think you are having a go at all and it's a valid point but I just don't like the idea of us missing players like GMS who I rate and young Cadden. I like Walker as well but keeping a player who is unhappy may have an effect on the squad

No that's fine I don't think you are having a go at all and it's a valid point but I just don't like the idea of us missing players like GMS who I rate and young Cadden. I like Walker as well but keeping a player who is unhappy may have an effect on the squad

Its not certain he is actually unhappy staying at Hearts

He might accept it and be happy to give 100%

While I agree up to a point in that we could use the funds sooner rather than later if any proceeds are going in the transfer kitty rather than the operational budget for the stand etc., I very much doubt that the players you mention would have come in to the equation anyway....

McInnes has, like it or not, built a wee reputation as a players' manager, someone worth playing for, and that coupled with consecutive 2nd place finishes means we are not quite at the stage of competing like for like with the Sheep on the signing front.

Murderwell were pretty robust and clear in indicating that we haven't put in anything like an acceptable bid for Cadden, even if they were disposed to sell. I suspect they're after nearer 500k for him, and promising though he is, I doubt we're likely to take that sort of punt at this stage.....

Also, Jamie looked pretty interested by all accounts during the Linfield game. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he rediscovers his mojo at the club of his forefathers, is it? Unlikely, granted, but possible....

I take it you have just neglected to mention that fact we got Cowie and unfortunately Sammon ahead of the sheep!!?!

I didnt read your post fully tbh as your omission of the above was enough for me but players will go here in Scotland where they get most value out of their contract end of....a players manager, 2nd place finishes, etc etc plays 2nd fiddle to hard cash and length of contract, simples...

We are more than capable of competing in a financial sense with everyone except the 2 ugly sisters....

bajthejambo

Mackay-Steven won't score 16 goals for Aberdeen next Season. As frustrating as Walker is at times and as much as he can go missing, he really does contribute more than his share.

That's with missing penalties and putting his feet up around the end of January too.

If he applies himself properly this Season, then there is no reason he can't have a similar return.

I take it you have just neglected to mention that fact we got Cowie and unfortunately Sammon ahead of the sheep!!?!

I didnt read your post fully tbh as your omission of the above was enough for me but players will go here in Scotland where they get most value out of their contract end of....a players manager, 2nd place finishes, etc etc plays 2nd fiddle to hard cash and length of contract, simples...

We are more than capable of competing in a financial sense with everyone except the 2 ugly sisters....

Similarly Gav, I didn't get much past you using Sammon as an example of us beating someone to a player....

Aberdeen probably waved their spurtle in the vague direction of that luke-warm porridge pot just to make sure we DID get him.....

The whole Rangers affair was publicity to keep the baying Rangers fans happy.

Make it look like they where flexing their muscles where in truth they knew we where going to reject their dismal offers. Bonus; unsettle rival clubs players.

Walker will have had his attitude assessed by the coaching team and I imagine if he was found to be giving less than 100% then he will be dropped.

A good season then who knows how walker will feel come January.

CornhillHearts

I thought Jamie looked far more like his old self over in Ireland.

He seemed to be responding to those round about him, hopefully that continues.

Still think if his attitudes right he's our main driving force

I reckon he will sign a new deal in the near future. Not in the know on this just have a feeling.

Sepp's Bladder

Why we didnt take the last offer?

Would make no sense to sell him at that price! Also the fact that we probably wouldnt get GMS and Cadden for 600k...

The window is also open for weeks so we dont "need any new players in now".

Selling players on the cheap to get deals done fast would be a truly awful business model!

Why we didnt take the last offer?

Would make no sense to sell him at that price! Also the fact that we probably wouldnt get GMS and Cadden for 600k...

The window is also open for weeks so we dont "need any new players in now".

Selling players on the cheap to get deals done fast would be a truly businese model!

:gok:

Craig Herbertson

Jamie is one of my favourite players. Everyone goes through phases, things happen, he's a professional. Can't wait to see him banging in the goals.

Son Of Anarchy

You'd bend over and be rodgered? It was derogatory. Its that simple. JW is a better player and I'm glad hes staying.

I reckon the Walker situation has been resolved and at some stage soon we will have that confirmed. Huns out of Europe and the signing of Dorrans has probably ended their ability to buy him. I think he'll get a one year extension with a buy out clause and get on with playing for us!

As far as I'm concerned we should've took ?600k if he wants to go. No point keeping him only to lose him for less in January anyway.

We held out for the right offer on Paterson and look how that ended.

Watt-Zeefuik

If I'd been stuck in that side last season and didn't feel like anything was going to change, I'd have been unhappy too.  If a move away involved a big pay rise, I'd have wanted it too.

My strong impression is that Jamie wants to be on a winning side. Last season must have been murder for him. My guess is that the massive clear-out and the arrival of players of the caliber of Berra and Lafferty along with players who clearly have the right attitude like Grzelak has lifted his spirits.

If he truly is unhappy then yes let's move him, but to me it's not at all clear that he's still unhappy.

Do we even know what Rangers offered, and on what payment terms?

Unless someone comes in with an offer that meets our valuation, then I'm happy that we keep him and get another season out of him.  Who knows, if the team gels and is doing well, he might have a change of heart about signing a new deal.

Maybe he's not unhappy?

I hope Norwich got some guarantees after selling Dorran to the knuckledraggers and saw some cash because there is no way the Lying King and his criminals will have paid the fee that was suggested ? I think that will end in tears for them, but Stevie Wonder would know that selling a player to Sevco would require cash up front and not a 20 year mortgage.

If Walker has any sense and that is where things become a bit cloudy, he should knuckle down and show us the player that is there alongside our new personnel and fcuk Sevco, because they have no money and Ann would ensure it was money up front if there was any deal.

Good to hear

indianajones

Walker is surely happier mixing with the new arrivals. Doubt he'll be sold now, all gone quiet at Sevco.

Probably due to their mass over spending this summer and being out of Europe.

They wouldnt have budgeted for that! 

Could've, Would've, Should've... Nonsense OP with unsubstantiated assumptions all the way through it.

i wish jj was my dad

I hope Norwich got some guarantees after selling Dorran to the knuckledraggers and saw some cash because there is no way the Lying King and his criminals will have paid the fee that was suggested ? I think that will end in tears for them, but Stevie Wonder would know that selling a player to Sevco would require cash up front and not a 20 year mortgage.

If Walker has any sense and that is where things become a bit cloudy, he should knuckle down and show us the player that is there alongside our new personnel and fcuk Sevco, because they have no money and Ann would ensure it was money up front if there was any deal.

Very much this. Anybody with the slightest knowledge of Scottish football would be wary of doing business with those crooks.

And in case any of our in-house brethren think that is being Celtic minded, I would add that I would always demand at least 50% more in fees from either of the despicables.

Probably due to their mass over spending this summer and being out of Europe.

They wouldnt have budgeted for that! 

Spot on!  I would imagine they will be more focused on trying to offload surplus players than splashing out on any more transfer fees and increasing their wage bill further.

You'd bend over and be rodgered? It was derogatory. Its that simple. JW is a better player and I'm glad hes staying.

This

Never bend over for those tossers

lauriesrank

GMS is at best an average player end of

Your sentence structure is at best shocking end of probably dunno cause there was no ending

Also, I know I had no punctuation.

Jamie is happier with the new players and quality coming in, he is confident we will have a better season as these players actually give a shit.

Sepp's Bladder

Maybe because he is blind... not stupid...

Critical time in his career. Would love to see him sign a 2 or 3 year deal then give 100% every game to earn a great transfer.

Everyone wins Jamie. Please do it.

scott herbertson

Critical time in his career. Would love to see him sign a 2 or 3 year deal then give 100% every game to earn a great transfer.

Everyone wins Jamie. Please do it.

That's where I'm at too Doug

He can be a match winner and a few more matches like the Rangers one last year would boost his value and likely destination - it's a win win if his agent and he can see it.

http://footballdiscussion.net/2017/02/jamie-walker-goals-v-rangers-hearts-video-hmfc-rangers-4-1-highlights-february-1-2017/

Aberdeen probably waved their spurtle in the vague direction of that luke-warm porridge pot just to make sure we DID get him.....

[emoji1][emoji1376][emoji1376]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stirlingshirejambo

Jamie is happier with the new players and quality coming in, he is confident we will have a better season as these players actually give a shit.

Hopefully he also changes his attitude and gives a shit too

IveSeenTheLight

Similarly Gav, I didn't get much past you using Sammon as an example of us beating someone to a player....

We didn't make an offer for Sammon

The Treasurer

As far as I'm concerned we should've took ?600k if he wants to go. No point keeping him only to lose him for less in January anyway.

We held out for the right offer on Paterson and look how that ended.

If Paterson hadn't got injured we would have received the fee we wanted for him.

We_are_the_Hearts

I just want to see the best players at Hearts playing on the pitch. Jamie Walker is one of them. Will leave the balance sheets to others.

I was fairly critical of the whole Walker-to-Rangers fiasco.  However, things appear to have calmed down and with the Sevs out of Europe, I doubt they're in any position to return with a new offer.  It looks like Walker will remain here at least until January.  During that period, the least we should expect from him is to be nothing short of professional, and I have no doubts we'll get that. 

With Berra back as club captain - someone who actually understands the role - I don't think we'll see players wandering about the park with their head down too much.  Not unless they fancy having their arses booted, that is.

If Jamie were to sign a new contract, I'd be absolutely delighted.

Looks to me like the management team where backed into a corner by JW and they came out swinging.

Walker has had his wings clipped and fingers crossed he's come out the other side a better player and still a Hearts player.

Club have played a blinder on this one imo.

If Paterson hadn't got injured we would have received the fee we wanted for him.

It's hard to say really. We wanted ?1 million, yet most clubs knew they could have him 6 months later for less than half of that.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If, as rumoured, the Dons are paying in the region of ?7k a week to Mackay Steven, then they are more than welcome to him I say!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Archived