Wayne Rooney

FWJ

Expectation levels are different.

At Man U there's a standard they try to maintain and every player out stays their welcome at some point. Some sooner than others.

Rooney will be a good signing for Everton. He'll start some matches but you can see him coming on as a sub and pinging in the winner v Stoke or alike to nick points.

He'll bring composure and much more cleverness around the box than Everton have had for donkeys.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This signing has split the Everton support down the middle - from "welcome home Wayne" to "feck off ya Manchester *******!"

The Internet

He is definitely on the decline like I said but he will be a guaranteed starter for Everton, even if he's not performing. Will play about 30 games.

Gene Parmesan

8 goals, 10 assists last season (only Herrera with 11 had more assists, and he played over 1500 more minutes).

15 goals and 6 assists the season before.

Done at that level though.

:rofl:

rudi must stay

Everton to finish above both Arsenal and Liverpool come on Rudi don't be naive.

They've lost their best bet for a goal and replace him with Rooney who is finished.

Liverpool and Arsenal squad right now are still much stronger than Everton's.

I think both have big problems defensively and even in midfield. You can have all the attacking talent in the world, but you need ball winners in the middle and leaders at the back. Liverpool had a collapse that Klopp deserved more criticism for and Wenger did his old trick of rolling back the years for one game, he's done it so often I wouldn't even be bothered about this season if I was an Arsenal supporter. Get Giroud and things will be even better for Everton IMO

Rudolf's Mate

This signing has split the Everton support down the middle - from "welcome home Wayne" to "feck off ya Manchester *******!"

My mates an Everton fan and he's delighted. He said the only real concern was some dafties viewing Rooney as a replacement for Lukaku. He said only a ****wit would think/believe this.

Gene Parmesan

They haven't replaced Lukaku with Rooney :lol:

Sandro signed from Malaga, bid for Jimenez of Benfica and trying to get Giroud too.

Lucille's Thirsty

I think both have big problems defensively and even in midfield. You can have all the attacking talent in the world, but you need ball winners in the middle and leaders at the back. Liverpool had a collapse that Klopp deserved more criticism for and Wenger did his old trick of rolling back the years for one game, he's done it so often I wouldn't even be bothered about this season if I was an Arsenal supporter. Get Giroud and things will be even better for Everton IMO

Everton will not make top 4 mate if they even make top 6 they've exceeded expectation for the season,If Liverpool sign Van Dijk and Keita and a left back they will challenge for the Title,I think Jurgen Klopp is a terrific manager,Arsenal not matter how bad they are seem to be there or thereabouts and have signed Alexandre Lacazette if they lose Sanchez Everton might challenge them for a Top 6 place.

Rudolf's Mate

At least they're getting a more complete player. He's going back with more hair than when he left!

fabienleclerq

Rooney's problems the last couple of years have been he hasn't really had a nailed on position. He moved about to accommodate other players and help the team to his own detriment.

He was so poor by his standards last year, a new challange, a bit of focus and fitness he'll be a good signing for Everton.

My mates an Everton fan and he's delighted. He said the only real concern was some dafties viewing Rooney as a replacement for Lukaku. He said only a ****wit would think/believe this.

I am very friendly with a family from Liverpool. All Everton fans and none of them too pleased by the return of Rooney - and believe me they are far from "dafties"!

Rudolf's Mate

I am very friendly with a family from Liverpool. All Everton fans and none of them too pleased by the return of Rooney - and believe me they are far from "dafties"!

I didn't say my mate said that Everton fans that weren't happy were dafties! I said that he made the comment in respect of those that believed he was a direct replacement for Lukaku.

I didn't say my mate said that Everton fans that weren't happy were dafties! I said that he made the comment in respect of those that believed he was a direct replacement for Lukaku.

Cheers

Seymour M Hersh

Genetics and lifestyle have caught up on him.

10 games max this season, 5 the year after.

His style was explosive, that's what made him special.  He has now lost this, and as other people have said, Man U have struggled to find a position for him.

I'd agree he's a 31 year old in a 45 year olds body. Will get an inevitable initial boost from returning to the bitters (him being one of them and all) but that'll fade. Guaranteed to be sent off in the first very match in a thick tw@t's attempt at getting the fans on board. 

Probably the best signing of this transfer window. And probably in the top 5 players to have ever played the game.

Honestly don't think he would be in the top 50. All about opinions though.

Honestly don't think he would be in the top 50. All about opinions though.

This.

There's no doubt in his prime he was a great player and he was a good goalscorer but if you factor in all positions and make a top 50 he would struggle to get into it. English would disagree of course.

King prawn

Probably the best signing of this transfer window. And probably in the top 5 players to have ever played the game.

Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Rooney?

I could probably put another 20 names in there before even thinking of Rooneys name.

Good player on his day but he never stepped up during an international tournament.

Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Rooney?

I could probably put another 20 names in there before even thinking of Rooneys name.

Good player on his day but he never stepped up during an international tournament.

Rooney has been a better player than all of the above. I'd rate him top 5 all day.

The Internet

Rooney has been a better player than all of the above. I'd rate him top 5 all day.

You ok, mate?

I would imagine he will be a decent signing for Everton. Though I don't think he will play every week, as I'm not convinced his body will allow that.

I think one of the big pluses on his side is he clearly still wants to play football. A lot of players at that stage in career (particularly ones who have had trophy laden careers) is motivation. Whilst, he still has ability to play at that level albeit he's probably not the player he was.

Where he plays will be interesting. I agree with the poster who suggest one of the problems with him is he can slow attacks down and that may disrupt Everton's style.

I hope it works out for him and I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him lift a trophy with Everton.

Top 5 player of all time though!!! Haha not even close.

He was always gonna burn out sooner with that frame and boxer pedigree. Giggs the whippet with his yoga and supple genetics he ain't.

alwaysthereinspirit

Why only look at the last two years? The guy broke club and international goalscoring records by the age of 30 and at 31 folk are writing him off :facepalm:

One of the greatest players England has produced. Will do everything he can to prove all doubters wrong and show Everton fans he still has it. Good signing.

Great signing for Everton and delighted for Rooney, what a career the boy has had. Remember the name indeed.

Samuel Camazzola

The best English footballer since the Premier League began. No doubt about it.

I'd say that accolade goes to Paul Scholes.

I think he's overrated nowadays but the ? involved for that trumpet lukaku is tremendous business for Everton. Hope Rooney keeps away from the grannies if he goes back to Everton

One of the greatest players England has produced. Will do everything he can to prove all doubters wrong and show Everton fans he still has it. Good signing.

Nowhere near the best England has produced. He's not shone in any tournament either Euros or WC when playing for them. I could list a dozen who have contributed more. He's been decent but internationally he's been a huge disappointment for his country

Rudolf's Mate

Agree with nearly everything you say bar the good signing as that part remains to be seen.

I'd say that accolade goes to Paul Scholes.

I'd have to agree with you there.

Placid Casual

Nowhere near the best England has produced. He's not shone in any tournament either Euros or WC when playing for them. I could list a dozen who have contributed more. He's been decent but internationally he's been a huge disappointment for his country

Not right that. He was superb at the Euros in 2004.

Because he kissed the United badge after scoring against them apparently.

He's split opinions in the same way Elvis does on here it seems.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Quite strange that a case can be made to say that "he's been a huge disappointment for his country" even though he is the record goal scorer for England!

Bazzas right boot

He's like us signing Berra.

A player Everton normally wouldn't get.

Although not an elite player, he is still very good and brings allot to the team.

Good signing for Everton.

Will give them a mental strength and winning mentality if nothing else. This kind of attribute is under rated, teams like arsenal and spurs miss that kind of mentality.

Lukaka imo is a slightly better and match fit Danny wellbeck.

?75m is just silly, However the value of money means nothing down there now.

Captain America

He was always gonna burn out sooner with that frame and boxer pedigree. Giggs the whippet with his yoga and supple genetics he ain't.

and the extra cardio from pumping his sister in law. 

It wasn't when he scored against them it's when he lost the plot and got subbed.

maroonnicky63

Possibly one of the greatest free signings ever. The guy still has it, he'll play another 5/6 years at the top level so Everton have scored big time here.

Jose really is a clueless twat.

Possibly one of the greatest free signings ever. The guy still has it, he'll play another 5/6 years at the top level so Everton have scored big time here.

The only twat is you , the start was great but the ending was daft, great manager and has proved it at various clubs , WINNER

gashauskis9

The only twat is you , the start was great but the ending was daft, great manager and has proved it at various clubs , WINNER

Cheers for quoting me thrice though!

Easy to be a winner when every club you've managed has given you a massive budget that no one else can touch and the freedom to say what you want and treat people the way you want.

He picked up a Man Utd team in transition and didn't know his arse from his elbow.

indeed i was at Euro 2004 and he was very good, 4 goals in the 3 group games. 

luckily he got injured early in the Quarter Final and was replaced by Vassell.

Yes, was going to post this, you can understand why some Everton fans may be a bit unforgiving .

I'll take your word for that but you have to say he's massively underperformed at the Euros/WC's. South Africa for example he was absolutely ****ing shite.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Aghahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

doctor jambo

Another Tiger Woods/ Novak Djokovic

As soon as his libido was curtailed by a raging wife his form went

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Wayne Rooney isn't even top 100 you insane person. The real world top 10 is probably maradona,zidane,ronaldinho,old Ronaldo,Ronaldo/Messi (modern era),eusebio,rivellino,puskas,di Stefano & garrincha

Wayne Rooney isn't even top 100 you insane person. The real world top 10 is probably maradona,zidane,ronaldinho,old Ronaldo,Ronaldo/Messi (modern era),eusebio,rivellino,puskas,di Stefano & garrincha

Cruyff?

Best?

doctor jambo

He's not even top rank as he faded too quickly

even the likes of Totti, Buffon, Thuram, George Weah all hose over Rooney

Not even top 5 England strikers of all time

Lineker, greaves, Shearer, Charlton without too much thought

Top 5? In his family maybe.

You're normally a good poster but you've let yourself down there.

Top 5? In his family maybe.

You're normally a good poster but you've let yourself down there.

Was only a wee wind up :lol:

Archived