FWJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its okay

A decent career and possibly under rated

Might a waste of money by Everton but maybe a second wind

gashauskis9

Possibly one of the greatest free signings ever. The guy still has it, he'll play another 5/6 years at the top level so Everton have scored big time here.

Jose really is a clueless twat.

Possibly one of the greatest free signings ever. The guy still has it, he'll play another 5/6 years at the top level so Everton have scored big time here.

This looks tremendous business for Everton. They appear likely to bag ?90M potentially for a real mercenary at the same time.

Rooney will score many more goals imo

I think he'll do more harm than good.

Everton play the game on the counter at pace. Rooney will slow the whole thing down.

Rooney has been poor for a few seasons now and should have been emptied from United ages ago.

He's spent the last 3-4 seasons either benched or playing weird positions because nobody could figure out what to do with him.

gashauskis9

This looks tremendous business for Everton. They appear likely to bag ?90M potentially for a real mercenary at the same time.

Rooney will score many more goals imo

Agreed. Exciting time to be an Everton fan, Keoman has big plans.

John Findlay

If he is done. Say he said I want to go to Hearts. You would say no?

Agreed. Exciting time to be an Everton fan, Keoman has big plans.

Very exciting times at Everton

Great Football Club

What good games has Rooney had in the last two years?

What does he still have?

He's not going to Hearts

He's gone to Everton presumably to play 10/12 games at most

Could he do a job for hearts? Probably would.

Will he be the one to launch Everton on an attack of the top 4 and champions league? No chance in my opinion. So at that level I think he's done.

John Findlay

He's not going to Hearts

You avoid the question though.

Could go either way. Its his childhood club so hopefully he still has the hunger and drive to achieve something before he's too old.

If he doesn't it won't end well.

gashauskis9

What good games has Rooney had in the last two years?

What does he still have?

Why only look at the last two years? The guy broke club and international goalscoring records by the age of 30 and at 31 folk are writing him off :facepalm:

The Internet

:lol:

Totally fair comparison.

Could he do a job for hearts? Probably would.

Will he be the one to launch Everton on an attack of the top 4 and champions league? No chance in my opinion. So at that level I think he's done.

Probably!? :rofl:

Placid Casual

5/6 more years at the top level? :lol:

And you're saying Jose is clueless...

He may get a wee bounce initially from being back at his home town club, but Rooney is in decline. He has been for the last two years.

Had he dropped his wages to around ?90k then possibly however ?150k pw :cornette:

Loads of ???? in shirt sales I bet.

rudi must stay

He's a winner and will be a great signing for Everton, as a club they are way behind Man Utd and he will help them getting closer to the top 4. But I can't see Man Utd regretting this, he's not a top level player anymore

Placid Casual

A great career he's had for sure, but physically on the wane now (no pun intended!).

Billy Walsh

The best English footballer since the Premier League began. No doubt about it. An unbelievable career.

He's been at the top for around 15 years now, and given his all action playing style it shouldn't come as a shock to see his powers dwindling. A great move for Rooney, not so much for Everton who I believe sanctioned this transfer with their heart, and not head.

gashauskis9

He's not going to Hearts

He'll be in the starting 11 most weeks and will most probably take over the captaincy from Jagielka who I reckon will find himself behind Funes Mori and Williams in the pecking order.

I genuinely can't believe folk are writing him off because of lack of game time. I would actually have doubted him more if he had played a bigger part in the Old Trafford circus last season.

Lucille's Thirsty

He's a winner and will be a great signing for Everton, as a club they are way behind Man Utd and he will help them getting closer to the top 4. But I can't see Man Utd regretting this, he's not a top level player anymore

Everton will get nowhere near the top 4.

Top 6 will be as usual just the where in that top 6 the clubs will finsh.

United

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Chelsea

Arsenal.

Can't see Everton breaking into that even Arsenal are too strong.

Everton are comfortably the best of the rest with the Saints IMO.

Probably!? :rofl:

Of course it's probably. It's football. He might turn up and head straight for the treatment table.

Brown might break both his legs in the league opener, earning a deserved yellow card.

You can say he would come up here and piss the league. That's what Celtic fans said Roy Keane would do.

Cruyff Turn

Great player but needs whipped into shape. If they can get him fit and keep him fit he could still bang in 15-20 a season and create a lot more.

Needs someone to make runs off him though because I'd imagine he'll play off the main striker.

Loads of ???? in shirt sales I bet.

Exactly, financially pays for itself. They've loads of young boys who will benefit from his experience, another tidy piece of business from Everton.

Probably the best signing of this transfer window. And probably in the top 5 players to have ever played the game.

A_A wehatethehibs

He is finished IMO

Too many fags. It's why mourinho never plays him. He is blowing within 5 mins of getting on the pitch.

From Everton perspective, it's a good free transfer but I don't see Rooney setting the heather alight. Happy to be proved wrong as he was a great player to watch in his peak years 10 years ago

gashauskis9

Remember when we signed a rusty Rudi at age 31. He was rank rotten wasn't he, we should have game him a wide berth?

Placid Casual

Rooney has never looked after himself the way Ronaldo has done (few players do, to be fair). Combine that with the amount of game time over the years, I can't see him playing at the top level in 2/3 years time.

Billy Walsh

Remember when we signed a rusty Rudi at age 31. He was rank rotten wasn't he, we should have game him a wide berth?

Age has nothing to do with it. The amount Rooney has played since 16 does, however.

Placid Casual

I can see the commercial advantages in Everton signing him though. They can afford it with all the TV money swimming about.

You avoid the question though.

What question

I'd take Zavi or Ibrahimovic for Hearts too.

Rooney isn't coming to Hearts. Wasn't ever an option. If that answers your question.

rudi must stay

Everton will get nowhere near the top 4.

Top 6 will be as usual just the where in that top 6 the clubs will finsh.

United

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Chelsea

Arsenal.

Can't see Everton breaking into that even Arsenal are too strong.

Everton are comfortably the best of the rest with the Saints IMO.

Can see the top 5 being

Man City

Spurs

Chelsea

Man Utd

Everton

Arsenal and Liverpool need to make some major signings to have good seasons IMO. Both have defensive problems

I think it's a brilliant signing for Everton. They've bought a lot of young quick attacking players. Rooney will be the focal point of their attack I reckon, back to playing him as a number 9 he'll get a lot of goals. Getting rid of the lakaku for 75 mil is great business. Mourhinho is just a spender who I think is getting found out season on season.

Fat Striker

If this was an 'Eggs in one basket' type of signing then perhaps it would be more of a gamble - but it's not.

Everton are splashing the cash and are strengthening the squad with some (at least on paper) astute signings. However, the squad has little experience when it comes to winning titles and cups, so having someone like Rooney back will help bring a winners mentality into the dressing room.

A change will do him good and Everton will benefit from it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the best signing of this transfer window. And probably in the top 5 players to have ever played the game.

Not even in the top 5 players to have played for Utd or Everton:)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He is way past his best. I think it will e a total failure. He has done nothing in the last 3 or 4 years to suggest otherwise.

If this was an 'Eggs in one basket' type of signing then perhaps it would be more of a gamble - but it's not.

Everton are splashing the cash and are strengthening the squad with some (at least on paper) astute signings. However, the squad has little experience when it comes to winning titles and cups, so having someone like Rooney back will help bring a winners mentality into the dressing room.

A change will do him good and Everton will benefit from it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you make really good points there.

Lucille's Thirsty

Can see the top 5 being

Man City

Spurs

Chelsea

Man Utd

Everton

Arsenal and Liverpool need to make some major signings to have good seasons IMO. Both have defensive problems

Everton to finish above both Arsenal and Liverpool come on Rudi don't be naive.

They've lost their best bet for a goal and replace him with Rooney who is finished.

Liverpool and Arsenal squad right now are still much stronger than Everton's.

Rooney to be top goalscorer in EPL is 100/1 on SkyBet. He will take every penalty and free kick for them.

Free money, if he can stay fit

Rooney to be top goalscorer in EPL is 100/1 on SkyBet. He will take every penalty and free kick for them.

Free money, if he can stay fit

If the young lad Jesus stays fit at man city he's a stick on for top scorer. He's every bit as good as Aguero if not better.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

The key to this will be how much motivation Wayne has to get in shape because he has been fat for some time. Embarrassingly out of shape in the modern era prem league. So if he gets his fitness up then obviously he has the talent to do it but this is the main question mark & there are significant doubts he actually has the appetite now to get physically fit enough.

Genetics and lifestyle have caught up on him.

10 games max this season, 5 the year after.

His style was explosive, that's what made him special.  He has now lost this, and as other people have said, Man U have struggled to find a position for him.

Archived