Your mum might cook a nice breakfast

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

But just in case she doesn't, can anyone recommend a good place to go in the centre of Edinburgh?

A girl I've been seeing for a while is coming up from Newcastle on Tuesday night (which I've got planned down to a T ;)) and while I could always lay on breakfast at mine I thought it would be nice to treat her to somewhere nice in town, preferably with good views or something. Anyone got any ideas?

Walter Payton
The Scotsman Hotel?

Pricy but swanky!

Cheers, could be a good shout Boris- I'll look into it!

Walter Payton
The Scotsman Hotel?

Pricy but swanky!

Looks like it's closed for refurb just now... any other ideas?

Dr. Bapswent

Best breakfast i ever ate was in the Prestonfield house hotel.

I guess that a bit out your way though.

Robbos Right Peg

I've heard that a walk on Porty beach and petit dejeuner in Bijou gets the job done Although I am finding BWT's tale 'hard to swallow'

Paulandshark

Marvid's! ;)

What about Ryan bar? Or the Balmoral hotel?

But just in case she doesn't, can anyone recommend a good place to go in the centre of Edinburgh?

A girl I've been seeing for a while is coming up from Newcastle on Tuesday night (which I've got planned down to a T ;)) and while I could always lay on breakfast at mine I thought it would be nice to treat her to somewhere nice in town, preferably with good views or something. Anyone got any ideas?

British Home Stores do a good cooked breakfast. Either eight items or ten- the choice is yours and you get to pick exactly what you want- plus they lob in a free bit of toast. Only costs about 2.50 and the beauty is that when you choose the ten item option when you get to the till and they ask what you got, tell them eight and you get it for cheaper. Everyone's a winner.

Plus you also get a great view of the cash converters type shop on Rose Street from the big windows.

Guaranteed to impress your chatroom date.

chester copperpot

Stay in, and in the immortal words 'Get her pumped'.

Had to get in first.

Walter Payton
How about that rooftop place on George Street?

Oloroso? Been meaning to try there for a while because I've heard good things but I don't think they do a breakfast menu.

Walter Payton
British Home Stores do a good cooked breakfast. Either eight items or ten- the choice is yours and you get to pick exactly what you want- plus they lob in a free bit of toast. Only costs about 2.50 and the beauty is that when you choose the ten item option when you get to the till and they ask what you got, tell them eight and you get it for cheaper. Everyone's a winner.

Plus you also get a great view of the cash converters type shop on Rose Street from the big windows.

Could have been but isn't- I travel a fair bit because of work and it's nice to make friends in different places ;)

Walter Payton
Best breakfast i ever ate was in the Prestonfield house hotel.

I guess that a bit out your way though.

Cheers anyway Baps but you're probably right- I was more thinking about heading into town early (she's getting the train back) and not telling her beforehand, but it could be obvious if we're heading miles away from the train station!

Angry Haggis

Quality - really know how to treat a lady...?2.50 and chuck in some free toast. If she does'nt drop her keks after that then jeez.....;)

PS agree with the shout as a breakfast joint though, its top banana.

What about Jimmy Chungs.

They do buffet breakfasts now and it's just outside the train station.

Quality - really know how to treat a lady...?2.50 and chuck in some free toast. If she does'nt drop her keks after that then jeez.....;)

PS agree with the shout as a breakfast joint though, its top banana.

Well obviously if it was a lady I'd buy her coffee for her. Or tea if she preferred.

I meant to say though Clum that it only does these breakfasts until 11.30, so best keep your eye on the time.

I P Knightley
Stay in, and in the immortal words 'Get her pumped'.

Had to get in first.

9 posts before someone did.

Standards are slipping.

You didn't even mention what you might have recommended for breakfast menu. I trust a good sausage would suffice.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 posts before someone did.Standards are slipping.You didn't even mention what you might have recommended for breakfast menu. I trust a good sausage would suffice.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If your taking her to Waverley it can only be The Balmoral.Go on give them a call (Champagne brekky)

I P Knightley
If your taking her to Waverley it can only be The Balmoral.Go on give them a call (Champagne brekky)

Eh, eh?!?! Nudge, Nudge etc.

"Taking her to Waverley" is, I assume, a bit saucier than "Getting off at Haymarket".

Do your job properly, boy, and there's only one think that she'll want in the morning. And it's not a nibble of your Golden Balls.

Eh, eh?!?! Nudge, Nudge etc.

"Taking her to Waverley" is, I assume, a bit saucier than "Getting off at Haymarket".

Do your job properly, boy, and there's only one think that she'll want in the morning. And it's not a nibble of your Golden Balls.

taking her to waverley will cost you far more if she has no contraceptive devices always better to get off at haymarket and save yourself the maintenance costs in the future.

why not stay in a hotel and have breakfast in bed and then in chesters choice words you can get her pumped for longer

Only a Game

If she's a Geordie she'll be needing pizza or a hamburger supper for breakfast

(and two bottles o yer best broooooon)

If she's a Geordie she'll be needing pizza or a hamburger supper for breakfast

(and two bottles o yer best broooooon)

Nah man, 20 Bensons. Champion.

coppercrutch

Does anyone else think it is a little gay to be planning ahead for breakfast with a bird ?

Just do what I do after seeing the bird:

Packet of Koka curry noodles. Add in a little dash of crushed chillies. Makes it a whole new meal. Also a bottle of fizzy Vimto goes down a treat.

Of course I don't actually have this with the bird. This is for me only after heading off early as I don't really like spending time with birds in the morning. Just seems wrong. And boring as ****. Yes boring as ****. Massively.

I prefer to watch Goalissimo - followed by Saturday kitchen. I then get a few cheap thrills from having a peek at the tidy bird who presents Escape from Scorpion Island. No idea who she is - stunning.

Anyway good luck.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Kings wark and Bijou do amazing breakfasts buts whats wrong with a good traditional Geordie Bird breakfast of Manfat???

Maroon Mayhem

Only one place for this - Le Monde.

Great relaxed atmosphere, perfect for impressing the new girl and not that expensive either.

You could always get some real coffee and croissants into yours, girls metabolisms are different from ours and don't always appreciate the cardiac hit of a cooked breakfast!

Jambojohnnyboy

You should maybe wait and see if your still talking to each other in the morning!!;)

rossthejambo
Does anyone else think it is a little gay to be planning ahead for breakfast with a bird ?

Just do what I do after seeing the bird:

Packet of Koka curry noodles. Add in a little dash of crushed chillies. Makes it a whole new meal. Also a bottle of fizzy Vimto goes down a treat.

Of course I don't actually have this with the bird. This is for me only after heading off early as I don't really like spending time with birds in the morning. Just seems wrong. And boring as ****. Yes boring as ****. Massively.

I prefer to watch Goalissimo - followed by Saturday kitchen. I then get a few cheap thrills from having a peek at the tidy bird who presents Escape from Scorpion Island. No idea who she is - stunning.

Anyway good luck.

classy

Archived