D?j? vu - Artmedia Bratislava make a last-ditch to hold onto their head coach

Sherlock

Slovaks in last ditch bid to keep Hearts target Weiss

HEARTS target Vladimir Weiss was due to hold talks with Artmedia Bratislava owner Ivan Kmotrik today as the club make a last-ditch bid to hold onto their head coach.

Weiss was in Lithuania over the weekend to meet Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to discuss the vacant manager's position.

The 43-year-old Slovakian, who helped Artmedia to a league and cup double last season, is understood to have impressed during the talks and was asked whether he would accept a position with the Jambos if offered.

Weiss, who has also bossed Russian outfit Saturn Ramenskoye, has already stated that the chance to manage in Scotland is one which appeals to him but he is close friends with Kmotrik and his club hope this relationship will help them hold onto their man.

Weiss said: "Today I will say whether it is possible for me to become manager of Hearts."

Ironically, should Weiss be appointed, his first competitive match in charge would be against Motherwell at Tynecastle where he would come face to face with Mark McGhee, the man the Jambos originally wanted to boss the club.

Hearts said in a statement at the start of the year that they wanted a manager with "British football experience", criteria that Weiss fails to meet.

However, the fact he speaks Russian, enabling him to communicate directly with Romanov, and also has an excellent track record in Eastern Europe, are skills that have helped him emerge as a front runner for the position.

Icelander Gudjon Thordarson, manager of IA Akranes, who has previously had spells at Stoke City, Barnsley and Notts County, and Belarussian Andrei Zygmantovich are the other two names on the Hearts shortlist.

marshallschunkychicken

Cue hunners of angry folk posting about how Vlad set this up so that he could appoint Frail as manager...

The 43-year-old Slovakian, who helped Artmedia to a league and cup double last season, is understood to have impressed during the talks and was asked whether he would accept a position with the Jambos if offered.

:confused: I thought he had been offered the job according to the 'Sunday Herald article'

Darth Sidious
Great best news i have heard all day lets hope he decides to stay where he is

Even if that means we continue with Fail and Ketchup?

Hagar the Horrible

were doomed it tell you doomed:mad:

I would rather have an iceman than a yesman?

hope does not take it, the more Vlad failes to get a puppet the more we may stand a chance of getting a proper manager:(

Billy the Jambo
Even if that means we continue with Fail and Ketchup?

There are other managers who would snap the mad ones hands off if offered the job but sadly he cant see that .All he wants is a puppet and some one to operate a fax machine . Dont ask me who the other managers are but i am sure there is somebody out there

Horatio Caine
were doomed it tell you doomed:mad:

I would rather have an iceman than a yesman?

hope does not take it, the more Vlad failes to get a puppet the more we may stand a chance of getting a proper manager:(

That's naive. If Weiss turns us down, it'll be `Hello, Zymatigentof or whatever the Belarussian geezer's name is.

Now he really would be a puppet.

That's naive. If Weiss turns us down, it'll be `Hello, Zymatigentof or whatever the Belarussian geezer's name is.

Now he really would be a puppet.

Whoever Mad Vlad appoints will be a puppet. Thats what he does, that's ALL he does! Kookaburra, Frail, Chevernekov, Rix, Ivanauskis, Malofeev.

Archived