ANDY DRIVER WANTS TO LEAVE...

tazhearts

Denny Crane

Given that the avenue of a possible Scotland call-up has been blocked off, he may feel that moving to Burnley could be the start of a long road to an England one. Can see where Andy is coming from if he has indeed indicated a desire to leave.

brellierlegend
Given that the avenue of a possible Scotland call-up has been blocked off, he may feel that moving to Burnley could be the start of a long road to an England one. Can see where Andy is coming from if he has indeed indicated a desire to leave.

I like Andy Driver and think he is a good prospect. I'd be sad to lose him. However, I do not think he will ever be an England player. We do have him on a long term contract so if Burnley want him they will have to offer the right amount of money.

Denny Crane
I like Andy Driver and think he is a good prospect. I'd be sad to lose him. However, I do not think he will ever be an England player. We do have him on a long term contract so if Burnley want him they will have to offer the right amount of money.

Absolutely. I reckon he feels that if he goes to Burnley and has a blinding season with them he might attract attention from a Premiership club (say for argument's sake Sunderland or West Ham) and boost any prospect he has for an international cap (which I don't think he'll get but what do I know. Years ago I first thought that Gareth Barry wouldn't amount to anything!)

Just open the door an let him go, he is crap an will never be a good player, jmop. :)

Agree, ive never rated him higher than average, though i think we are in the minority. Reckon we could get them up to ?1m, I'd bite their hand off for that price.

jambo-rocker

driver burst onto the first team scene and gradually fell away just like alot of promising youths have done in the past, wouldnt be the biggest loss in the world should he leave

kissthebadge

Because we do not currently have a manager, coupled with the fact that the media side of things at our club is a shambles, it is open-season on any of our players. Clubs /agents will continue to pimp their players as they know that nobody at Hearts will comment.

At a decently-run club, stories linking the club captain (Berra) and young player of the year (Driver) to other clubs would be rubbished by the manager the following day.

Otherwise these things fester.

The real question is why do all our British talent wat to leave our club i.e Driver and Berra,there was a time when no none wanted to leave the club :mad:

Agree, ive never rated him higher than average, though i think we are in the minority. Reckon we could get them up to ?1m, I'd bite their hand off for that price.

??

The real question is why do all our British talent wat to leave our club i.e Driver and Berra,there was a time when no none wanted to leave the club :mad:

Hmm,good question,why would decent young professional football players want to leave Hearts,it's not as if it's run like a fecking circus or anything like that.

driver burst onto the first team scene and gradually fell away just like alot of promising youths have done in the past, wouldnt be the biggest loss in the world should he leave

.......nothing to do with them being poorly managed or with the major uncertainty behind the scenes then ?

I can't help thinking how much better many of our players, not just the younger ones, would be performing without all the unrest at Tynie these days.

Driver is as good a prospect as we have anywhere else in our ranks at present. It doesn't surprise me though that he may prefer to play at a more stable club.

I think that the likes of Berra, Jonsson, Wallace and Driver have natural talent but are sorely in need of good coaching. I don't think that they are going to get that at Hearts and for their own careers I suspect that moves would do them all good.

??

Havent Burnley offered ?750k & we've knocked it back? They'll go to a million if they rate him. its just i dont, but im not the one looking to buy him.

In our current squad Driver is as good a player as any, however I don't think he's anything fantastic. His finishing is very poor and his crossing is little better.

He'll do well in Championship but not good enough for EPL.

Havent Burnley offered ?750k & we've knocked it back? They'll go to a million if they rate him. its just i dont, but im not the one looking to buy him.

Yeah,........... I know.

In our current squad Driver is as good a player as any, however I don't think he's anything fantastic. His finishing is very poor and his crossing is little better.

He'll do well in Championship but not good enough for EPL.

He was our second highest scorer last year, playing out wide. In our current squad we have no adequate replacement.

I think that the likes of Berra, Jonsson, Wallace and Driver have natural talent but are sorely in need of good coaching. I don't think that they are going to get that at Hearts and for their own careers I suspect that moves would do them all good.
Yea it does them good Coco but its no good for Hearts

I'm quite confused by said er.. 'article'. For a lad that wants to be Scottish, who's lived up here for a lot of his life, why would he want to 'return' to Engerland? :confused:

peebles jambo

if we allow him to go, he must promise to takt elliot, jose, robbie and a few useless lithuanians with him

Ray Winstone

I think we should keep him for one more season and hopefully his price will rise accordingly.

The only other left footed winger we have is Ksnavecius!

No no no there's been some confusion. Did you not read the article on heartsfc.co.uk? Andrew's 'Raring to Go!!'

I'm quite confused by said er.. 'article'. For a lad that wants to be Scottish, who's lived up here for a lot of his life, why would he want to 'return' to Engerland? :confused:

For a start,he can't play for Scotland because of some fangaled rule made up with the home player's changing countries as he has no Scottish blood.

Secondly,may be with Burnley showing a bit of interest he may see this as his way out of the circus,a year or so back my mate posted that he had spoke to AD and that ,by the sounds of thing's,he was very unhappy at the way the team was run and the quality of the players at the club,may be his views haven't changed and he just want's out any way he can,like most of the top players we have had.

My boy met Driver and Kenny Miller a couple of weeks back in City Nightclub.

He told me one of them was spot on and the other was a richard.

He was our second highest scorer last year, playing out wide. In our current squad we have no adequate replacement.

Your point. Just because he was second highest scorer in that shambles that we tried to pass off as team last season doesn't mean much.

I'm not saying he can't play a bit or that we ave anybody better at present, but I just don't think he's any great shakes. Perhaps I am missing something.

I saw Kenny Miller out in City, and going by the way he was walking around I'd hazzard a guess at which was which.

Although you wouldnt post that on a Driver thread, would you?;)

?500,000 & ?750,000 are crap offers for Driver. ?1m+ and you can have him.

I saw Kenny Miller out in City, and going by the way he was walking around I'd hazzard a guess at which was which.

Although you wouldnt post that on a Driver thread, would you?;)

Ha ha. Only got my boys word for it but one guy was happy to have picks taken and even put his hand in his pocket for a few beers while the other was giveing it the big "do you know who I am".

I was surprised at what No1 son told me but did back it up with a couple of pics on his phone so I know he did at least meet said good guy.

Hans von Luck
?500,000 & ?750,000 are crap offers for Driver. ?1m+ and you can have him.

In todays player market value I agree ?1m is about right for him.

Another one who would be no great loss, if you think about players of the past ie JC and Neil McCann (1st time), sorry but Driver could not lace their boots.

I met Kenny Miller at Duddinston golf course,he was playing with Gary Mason,seemed alright to me.

Driver - full of promise but delivered very very little.

He belongs Oldham so if he signs for Burnley he is close to home.

? 1M - take it - plently better than him can be picked up ( what about a Slovak who can run fast and hit the target ???? LOL )

Darren Jackson reeived a text fi Driver on Sat night askin him to get him a move [ jacko is his agent [ ....FACT.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT!!!!!!!

The text, I'm led to believe, read like this:

"OMG jacko get me a moov 2 burnli LOL tb"

kthanxbaii

Malcolm Tucker

Jacko - "Own Coil a hv a well gd playa tht wnatz 2 ply 4 u rofl. Tb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

End off.

chester copperpot
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT!!!!!!!

The text, I'm led to believe, read like this:

"OMG jacko get me a moov 2 burnli LOL tb"

Haha, brilliant :laugh:

He wants away because the club is a total joke. How many different managers has he worked under already- don't blame the lad for wanting some consistancy, good luck!

Andy Driver is another Clum in the making...

Lets hope the next generation of young lads are better than the last lot.

kissthebadge

"Hi Daza, you still drving that Taxi? If so, git yersel over to City & pick me & ma mate Kenny up. Sound. AD x"

DuffKirkMacKenzie
In todays player market value I agree ?1m is about right for him.

Another one who would be no great loss, if you think about players of the past ie JC and Neil McCann (1st time), sorry but Driver could not lace their boots.

Hearts present problem is not that Driver could'nt lace JC's or NMcC's boots. Hearts problem is that 95% of the present squad could'nt lace Andy Driver's boots.

Tynecastle Valhalla
I think we should keep him for one more season and hopefully his price will rise accordingly.

The only other left footed winger we have is Ksnavecius!

I dont know why we need a winger. screpis is left footed and a much better player than driver. bruno could also be used on the left.

I was a big critic of Mr Driver last season. IMO, he is a decent player but far from a really good one. I do not see him making it. If he were to leave I would not be upset.

Having said that, there is not a player at the club that I would be upset at losing at the moment.

I was a big critic of Mr Driver last season. IMO, he is a decent player but far from a really good one. I do not see him making it. If he were to leave I would not be upset.

Having said that, there is not a player at the club that I would be upset at losing at the moment.

Not even Larry ??

Imagine what he'd be like with a good team around him, no outside interference, club stability, and decent management. You know, like how most successful clubs are run.

We have few enough true international class players as it is. Kingston is certainly one of them.

Thought his dad handled him myself. ie Mr Driver.

His dad is involved in all negotiations . He doesn't want to leave. He needs a coach to help him develop thru the next stage of his career. He's had no contact from Hearts about Burnleys "offers". :)

Archived