Wimbledon 2017

Johnny D

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love watching the winners going back indoors and being greeted by their team, past winners etc and going out to the fans.

If cilic was fit the match would have been a lot of closer.

Well done Roger the Legend who would bet against him going for number 9 next year

Why do the doubles players touch hands between every point?

Not as bad as entire men's teams linking arms during penalty shoot-outs, but annoying nonetheless, and flirtation cannot always be absent.

I wonder if Jamie Murray's wife has been stewing with jealousy all tournament.

If I were playing with Hingis or Watson I'd use any excuse to touch, too.

Hingis is an excellent example of a woman who's not particularly good looking but who I find very physically attractive.

All roads lead to Gorgie

" All four players have come from places you wouldn't expect Tennis players to come from" 

Why not.  :veryangry2: 

I P Knightley

" All four players have come from places you wouldn't expect Tennis players to come from" 

Why not.  :veryangry2:

Mountains, rain and Guernsey.

Fair point, really

Edit: in reality, a lot of it has to do with the level of competition you have growing up. Folk in the South East have got tons of decent competition in the juniors. Folk I know in Wales have to travel hundreds of miles for a decent tournament to stretch them. It takes a heck of a lot of dedication to do that. I can't imagine there being much competition at all in Guernsey.

As for Scotland, we all eat brown, deep fried food, dontcha know?

Scotland's punched above its weight in the tennis world for a few years now. No one should be surprised.

3fingersreid

Martina Hingis , absolutely tremendous:) :) :)

And her starting position be hen Murray is serving

All roads lead to Gorgie

Mountains, rain and Guernsey.

Fair point, really

We know our place.  :tiny: 

3fingersreid

Martina Hingis , absolutely tremendous:) :) :)

And her starting position when Murray is serving

He was greetin' because he was getting pumped! He called a medical timeout in an attempt to not be the quickest final ever. I've seen blisters from 30mile tabs that have literally eroded away an entire heel - are people telling me a grown man was crying over a blister?

The boy's a dud.

Space Mackerel

He was greetin' because he was getting pumped! He called a medical timeout in an attempt to not be the quickest final ever. I've seen blisters from 30mile tabs that have literally eroded away an entire heel - are people telling me a grown man was crying over a blister?

The boy's a dud.

For ?30 a day in the Paras, I would keep kicking on. I mean, it's a life of endless guard duty in Sainsbury's or Asda if you're kicked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

All roads lead to Gorgie

The boy's a dud.

Tennis seems to have a higher percentage of cry babies than other equivalent sports. I wonder if it is a case of more spoiled wealthy kids making it to the top of the tree in Tennis. When things go against them they seem to fall back on the poor me attitude. 

Stuart Lyon

Wonder if Roger would have won it had he played a full season of tennis instead of taking advantage of the rules to miss tournaments.

Wonder if Roger would have won it had he played a full season of tennis instead of taking advantage of the rules to miss tournaments.

Is he got an obligation to play a certain amount of tournaments? Surely by missing tournaments be leaves himself at a disadvantage by falling down the rankings and thus his seeding getting worse.

Serena Williams has been doing this for years now, only playing into he big events. She couldn't give a shiney shit about her rankings.

I P Knightley

Is he got an obligation to play a certain amount of tournaments? Surely by missing tournaments be leaves himself at a disadvantage by falling down the rankings and thus his seeding getting worse.

Serena Williams has been doing this for years now, only playing into he big events. She couldn't give a shiney shit about her rankings.

Not only does she not give a shiny one about her rankings, it's actually by not giving a shiny shit that she comes to the high scoring tournaments and wipes the floor with the young uns. 

Murray & possibly Djokovic will be missing from the next couple of Masters 1000 tournaments. Federer really only needs to play in a couple of them to go back to the number 1 spot - unless Nadal takes the place. 

Murray saw a mathematical opportunity to work his butt off in the second half of 2016 and get himself to number 1. It might have been easier if he'd done well in the US Open but he saw it and went for it - a possible results of it being that he's knackered himself mid- to long-term.

Archived