nishikori

wawrinka

djokovic 2nd seed has these

sousa

schwarzman

pouille

thiem

nadal

why is it, no matter what seed, his side of the draw is full of the big guns ? klizan he should beat but the other 4 are top 5 players, only del potros wrist breaks have stopped him winning more slams. thats 2 slam winners and 2 finalists, djokovic has nadal !

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

luck, sometimes he gets an easier draw.

on a happier note Kvitova returned after being stabbed in december, made the second round but was knocked out

luck, sometimes he gets an easier draw.

on a happier note Kvitova returned after being stabbed in december, made the second round but was knocked out

never seems to get an easy draw to me. you've also got cilic a slam winner and kyrgios on that side as well

Pouille season to date is pretty much neck and neck with Berdych and Theim is world number 3 player based on the current ATP race and has beat Rafa on clay this season - all be it he then collapsed v Novak.

Andy has a tough 3rd round if he gets JMDP but none of the others have had that great a season so far, but unfortubaly neither has Murray.

Murray isnt playing well enough anyway.

I see Bedene wants to go back to be Slovenian so he can represent them in the Olympics. Hurry up please!

Murray a set down and looking dogshit

5-2 up 2nd set

berdych out, which is good for murray but cilic and nishikori through in straight set and del potro in 2 sets with a retirement

PortyJambo

Murray wins in 4 sets. Kyle Edmond a game away from a win in 3, to join Murray in the 3rd round.

PortyJambo

Impressive win for Edmond, 7-5, 6-3, 6-1. Plays Kyrgios or Anderson next (Anderson 2-1 up in sets at the moment).

Bindy Badgy

Murray wins in 4 sets. Kyle Edmond a game away from a win in 3, to join Murray in the 3rd round.

Good to see him get the break back when he needed it and win the decisive tie break.

Really needs to up his game if he wants to win the tournament.

I P Knightley

murrays the top seed, to get through he is lined up to play

klizan

del potro

berdych

nishikori

wawrinka

djokovic 2nd seed has these

sousa

schwarzman

pouille

thiem

nadal

why is it, no matter what seed, his side of the draw is full of the big guns ? klizan he should beat but the other 4 are top 5 players, only del potros wrist breaks have stopped him winning more slams. thats 2 slam winners and 2 finalists, djokovic has nadal !

Murray's hardest opponent is going to be whatever the hell's going on in his head.

Berdych is out but was never a serious threat; Nishikori would be easy meat for the Murray of 6-8 months ago, as would Wawrinka. Stan's going to have a battle on his hands to get past Fognini. Delpo's the toughest in that list and the main guy who I'd want to see win if it weren't Murray. 

Djoko's last three are, I'd say, tougher asks. Pouille is an up-and-comer, playing in France on clay. He's been a bit up & down but I'd rather face Berdych or Nishi than him. Thiem has become an excellent clay court player. He may not have as much to offer on the hard courts but he's young, super-fit and, mentally, getting better and better. Nadal is, quite simply, the King of Clay and has shown signs of getting back to his very best - the last player you'd want to have in your draw. 

Good for Kyle Edmunds. His next match is against Kevin Anderson who I'd say was a surprise winner against Kyrgios (until someone tells me that Kyrgios went loop-de-do in their match). Really should be a win for Edmunds which would see him get back inside the world's top 40. 

Is Murray playing Del Potro next round?

Yeah. Del Potro seemingly had a groin issue today so that may help Murray's chances.

I P Knightley

That's Nadal just hammered the shite out of a Georgian bloke; 6-0 6-1 6-0. This is round 3 so the guy (Basilashvili) is not a complete mug, he's managed to win two clay matches already - one of them against Gilles Simon who knows how to play and has a good local support. 

Next up for him is one of the double-barreled Spaniards and then either another or Raonic. Spaniards all tend to roll over in awe of Nadal regardless of how well he's playing and Raonic is a big lunk who can't play clay very well. 

I can't see anyone stopping the Rafa juggernaut.

Dimitrov out in straight sets.

Figures, since I stuck over 3.5 sets on an acca.

rudi must stay

Schwartzman playing exceptionally, could be the beginning of a new name in men's tennis on this evidence. Has all the shots and a great attitude. Juan Ignacio Chela as coach is a great choice too, very good competitor

I P Knightley

And Murray already a break down.

Edmund is on the other court at 1 set all.

It's easier watching Edmund than Murray today. Barely a sniff of a break of serve for either player. Murray letting a load of break points go begging.

Radwanska went out earlier without holding serve in a single game.

I P Knightley

Delpo looks to have lost a bit mentally after losing that tie break.

Edmund's turned to shite after winning his set. 2 breaks down.

Say What Again

Del Porto breaks Murray as he's serving for set at 5-4.

Some match.

Say What Again

And Nurray breaks straight back! Serving for the set again at 6-5.

This is entertaining stuff.

Say What Again

Fancy Murray to win this in 3 now.

Yep, two breaks up in the third already.

3-0 AND UNDER 3 HOURS...WELL FINISHED BY MURRAY

This may boost his confidence going forward

Better from Andy. He should get through the next round too especially if it's the completely limited Isner.

A Murray performance that was much more like last year, today. Hopefully does his confidence the world of good. Last year at this stage he had twice been taken to 5 sets and I am sure has saved a match point - so actually had a better start this year.

He has not played much tennis this year so even the longer matches might not be a bad thing for him at this stage. On to week 2.

Stephane Grappelli

Hope wee Rafa wins. He loves the JTs and fell in love with us when we were in Mallorca in 1998.

I have no evidence that any of that is true but I am sure it must be.

I P Knightley

Hope wee Rafa wins. He loves the JTs and fell in love with us when we were in Mallorca in 1998.

I have no evidence that any of that is true but I am sure it must be.

To be fair, he's never actually said he loves the JTs. However, he's made no secret of the fact that he hates the Hibs. Guid guy.

And if you ever saw him close up, you wouldn't be calling him "wee" Rafa! I'm 6'3"; I'm bigger than him but he's much more formidable that he appears on the telly.

Hating this corporate bullshit top that adidas are dressing players in for the French Open.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about it that I just don't like.

14965075367512.jpg34071179501_7d479ef36e_z.jpg468388.JPEGroland-garros-direct-pouille-s-en-sort-d

Stephane Grappelli

To be fair, he's never actually said he loves the JTs. However, he's made no secret of the fact that he hates the Hibs. Guid guy.

And if you ever saw him close up, you wouldn't be calling him "wee" Rafa! I'm 6'3"; I'm bigger than him but he's much more formidable that he appears on the telly.

Saw him once at the Bernab?u. He was playing head tennis with Iker Casillas for charity and he didn't look that big. I was at the other end of the ground mind...

I P Knightley

Hating this corporate bullshit top that adidas are dressing players in for the French Open.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about it that I just don't like.

14965075367512.jpg34071179501_7d479ef36e_z.jpg468388.JPEGroland-garros-direct-pouille-s-en-sort-d

Tsonga and Pouille both Hibsed it already. I made my prediction about Thiem before setting the top - I may now revise it.

I P Knightley

Murray's been given another early match. Should be on by 12:00 our time, playing against a bloke called Karen. 

Wee ?3 acca on today @ 30/1

SUAREZ NAVARRO v Halep

Verdasco v NISHIKORI

Anderson v CILIC

Wawrinka v Monfils OVER 3.5 SETS

Murray v Khachanov OVER 3.5 SETS

SVITOLINA v Martic

Cepede Royg v PLISKOVA

Difficult at this stage hence a small bet. Suarez Navarro is the outsider there but she was impressive last I seen her. Murray I feel will win but drop a set. Nishikori isn't guaranteed a win either (he has been quite poor the last couple of matches I've seen him)

Stephane Grappelli

Murray's been given another early match. Should be on by 12:00 our time, playing against a bloke called Karen.

When is wee Rafa back on?

Should be on by 12:00 our time, playing against a bloke called Karen.

Insert joke about masculine female tennis players here...

rudi must stay

Routine win for Murray they said. Don't think so, this guy is exactly what Murray doesn't like, stays in point well and hits big. He also doesn't look like a guy that's going to fade away to me

Say What Again

Routine win for Murray they said. Don't think so, this guy is exactly what Murray doesn't like, stays in point well and hits big. He also doesn't look like a guy that's going to fade away to me

I'm at work so not watching, but following BBC text and they seem to think he's strolling it. In fact they said he barely broke sweat in winning the first set.

Archived