Wenger signs new 2 year deal

milky_26

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Arsenal must be the most boring team in world football. They desperately needed change but the owners don't give a ****.

Billy Walsh

Right move really, 2 years to prepare for his successor. I'm an Arsenal fan and I have no idea who would or could replace him if he left this summer. In hindsight we missed the boat last summer with the likes of Ancelotti available.

loveofthegame

He really is a stubborn git.

Should have used the FA cup success as reason enough to move on.

Arsenal must be the most boring team in world football. They desperately needed change but the owners don't give a ****.

TELEMMGLPICT000130231312-large_trans_NvB

I wish Hearts were this boring. 7th Cup win.

Bazzas right boot

Most clubs would give thier left bollock to be as boring has Arsenal.

He should have moved on tho.

Although this ties in with Rogers leaving Celtic, he'll be bored after 3 year's there.

He should have bowed out after making himself the most successful FA cup manager in history and leading Arsenal to being the most successful club in FA cup history

But instead we get another two years of pishy tippy tappy football, signing nothing but flimsy wee wingers and scrapping for the european places in the league.

:vrface:

loveofthegame

Its all relative though isn't it. Arsenal are expected to compete for the title and Champions League.

The FA Cup is a very distant third in their list of priorities.

If they were West Ham or someone else then fair enough, but finishing 5th in the league, getting humiliated in the last 16 of the Champs League and winning the FA Cup doesn't constitute a good season for Arsenal, however it is dressed up.

Can't say I'm surprised but they really need to let go and bring in new manager. I would have thought they would look to push the boat out for a Simeone but i can really see Arsenal being left behind unless there is a change at the club

Ryan Jarman

Read Wenger as Walker, got mightily confused! 

Rudolf's Mate

He doesn't rock the boat and his buying philosophy seems to suit the majority of the board. Be interesting to see if they lose likes of Sanchez in the window.

Its all relative though isn't it. Arsenal are expected to compete for the title and Champions League.

If they were West Ham or someone else then fair enough, but finishing 5th in the league, getting humiliated in the last 16 of the Champs League and winning the FA Cup doesn't constitute a good season for Arsenal, however it is dressed up.

Made it to the Champions League quarter finals every year bar this one.

How boring.

Bazzas right boot

West ham, spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Maybe even Liverpool would love to have been as boring as Arsenal in the last twenty years

loveofthegame

How boring.

How many times they won it?

loveofthegame

West ham, spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Maybe even Liverpool would love to have been as boring as Arsenal in the last twenty years

Couldn't agree more, which is why I said it is all relative.

We'd love a league cup or Scottish cup win. Doesn't mean Celtic would deem that a successful season.

Not winning the champions league hardly makes them "the most boring team in world football" as claimed above.

John Findlay

If Arsene Wenger is boring. What does that make the likes of Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Mark Hughes and others?

King prawn

If Arsene Wenger is boring. What does that make the likes of Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Mark Hughes and others?

Spend more time looking at the sky than the grass with anyone of those managers.

Allowayjambo1874

Sanchez & Ozil were rumoured to be unsettled last season, wonder if this news will push them out or pull them in.

The fans will be gutted.

Maroon Sailor

One of the all time great managers and can still do a job.

Uncle Buck

Delightful news. Great guy, great manager. Huge middle finger to the world.

:verysmug:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So a club the size of Arsenal should be happy making up the numbers? A manager that churns out the same tippy tappy shite with the same type of player year on year that will ensure they'll never win a major honour with him in charge.

With Arsenal you always know what to expect and I stand by my comments.

Boring as ****.

super_vlad

Right move really, 2 years to prepare for his successor. I'm an Arsenal fan and I have no idea who would or could replace him if he left this summer. In hindsight we missed the boat last summer with the likes of Ancelotti available.

This is where i am with it as well, love carlo at the club or Allgeri but realistically both are tied up.

I also think next season will be his best chance of winning the league with them not in the CL, play a second squad in the Europa league. 

Love fans of diddy teams singing about wanting wenger to stay.

super_vlad

Sanchez & Ozil were rumoured to be unsettled last season, wonder if this news will push them out or pull them in.

The fans will be gutted.

expect both to stay now, Ozil was always likely to stay if Wenger stayed, the new deal with wenger was more about spending budget. He has the bank to keep sanchez now

Realistically, who could replace him? Arsenal missed their chance when Klopp and Conte were available.

Allegri could be tempted, but Simeone is staying at Atletico, and really who else is good enough?

TELEMMGLPICT000130231312-large_trans_NvB

In the last ten/eleven years or so, they have only won one more major trophy than we have.

For a team that wants to be one of the best In Europe, with supposedly one of the best managers around, that is pathetic.

In the last ten/eleven years or so, they have only won one more major trophy than we have.

For a team that wants to be one of the best In Europe, with supposedly one of the best managers around, that is pathetic.

Precisely. Most of the other top teams in Europe would have sacked him about 15 times by now. But for some reason the owners of Arsenal don't seem to consider themselves to be a top team.

Maroon Sailor

FM !

He's not playing the likes of Hamilton and Ross County

When was the last time Hearts had a manager that won more than one trophy ?

FM !

He's not playing the likes of Hamilton and Ross County

When was the last time Hearts had a manager that won more than one trophy ?

What a stupid answer. Yes, they are not playing the likes of Hamilton or Ross County. They also do not have the same financial restrictions as Scottish Football, and in particular we do. They are a very wealthy club.

Look at all the teams who are playing at similar levels to Arsenal. They are far more successful and do not expect or accept mediocrity.

If I was paying the price Arsenal charge for tickets and season tickets, I wouldn't either.

Maroon Sailor

What a stupid answer. Yes, they are not playing the likes of Hamilton or Ross County. They also do not have the same financial restrictions as Scottish Football, and in particular we do. They are a very wealthy club.

Look at all the teams who are playing at similar levels to Arsenal. They are far more successful and do not expect or accept mediocrity.

If I was paying the price Arsenal charge for tickets and season tickets, I wouldn't either.

So why are you comparing Hearts and Arsenal ?

So why are you comparing Hearts and Arsenal ?

Because we have been as successful as they have, despite far more restrictions, difficulties and turmoil., for a fraction of the cost for tickets.

How boring.

Well that's not true.

They've been knocked out in the last 16 for around 6/7 years on the trot I'm sure.

He's obviously not a bad manager and has done a very good job for Arsenal overall but it was time to go.

When was the last title? 2004? That's not good enough for a club like Arsenal.

Well that's not true.

They've been knocked out in the last 16 for around 6/7 years on the trot I'm sure.

He's obviously not a bad manager and has done a very good job for Arsenal overall but it was time to go.

When was the last title? 2004? That's not good enough for a club like Arsenal.

Yeah, last 6 years only made it to last 16 - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52280/history/index.html

Ha Ha Ha.. you can not be serious.

I could sympathise with arsenal fans.

But I won't :pleasing:

Me neither :laugh:

Mate in work an Arsenal fan, is delighted about the new deal.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

How boring.

Sure they haven't been to the Quarters in years.

Sure they haven't been to the Quarters in years.

last time they made the quarters was 09-10 season

So a club the size of Arsenal should be happy making up the numbers? A manager that churns out the same tippy tappy shite with the same type of player year on year that will ensure they'll never win a major honour with him in charge.

With Arsenal you always know what to expect and I stand by my comments.

Boring as ****.

Think they just won one three days ago.

been here before

...will ensure they'll never win a major honour with him in charge.

Apart from the 3 League titles and 7 FA Cups?

Lucille's Thirsty

Liverpool have won a CL and UEFA Cup plus a few cups they wouldn't swap for Arsenals 3 league title and a few cups.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Liverpool have won a CL and UEFA Cup plus a few cups they wouldn't swap for Arsenals 3 league title and a few cups.

You'd be surprised. They're desperate for the title

Lucille's Thirsty

You'd be surprised. They're desperate for the title

I know they are but champions league is a greater competition more prestige.

The Comedian

They really need a change but old Arsene is backed by Kroenke whose happy with his lot. I agree he'd have been moved on at every other top six side. 

It can't be bad following Arsenal but they've all but guaranteed they won't be winning the league anytime soon. At best he's been told they need to shape up and at least provide a challenge for the league. Gonna be hard to recruit with no CL though.

Archived